Budweiser - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Budweiser Alström Bros
Ratings: 5,469 | Reviews: 1,713
4.07/5  rDev +73.2%

For a macro beer that is not too pricey 5% abv for what you are buying and drinking the taste is great and goes down smooth every time.

Its probably the best macro beer. I guess Busch is pretty good and the price is better than Bud but I'd rather drink a bud right now than a busch.

I notice a lot of good beers being scored low. Just need to mention that some of them are getting low scores because reviewers aren't weighing their scores.

It's like saying everyone go buy a Ferrari and not a Chevy. Ferrari is top of the line, but take a look around everyone is driving Chevy. For what I have I think a Chevy is pretty good for the value same as Budweiser. Yet the BA on here is telling people its not worth trying. For the price and accessibility it is.

Sure I'd buy a lot more micro brews if I were living back in Colorado, now that I am living in the south I am happy to have a Budweiser, they don't have much of anything else.

4.07/5  rDev +73.2%

A: crystal clear; light gold in color; less than a 1 finger white head that receded quickly to a thin ring; very little lacing;

S: bready; grainy; a little malt/corn sweetness;

T: no hop character until the lightly bitter finish; one note - light malt/corn sweetness all the way;

M: light bodied; moderate carbonation; moderately dry finish;

O: not a style I would choose for myself, but for the style, it's well made;

4.06/5  rDev +72.8%

Well. It is what it is. And just because it doesn't say Dogfish, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, Harpoon or some other "craft" beer name on the label, I--unlike many other that rate these beers-- will chose to rate it according to what it is: An American Pilsner Beer.

A--Brilliant clarity. I let it warm just a tad so that the carbonation had a chance to "hold"

S--faint DMS and corn. Some apple. Clear lack of aromatic hops...but that is NOT the intention of this beer

T--light. Crisp. Certainly not offensive. Not a whole lot going on in here--but why would there be? It is an impression of an American Lager. Just to be on the safe side, I cracked another. It tasted EXACTLY the same. Very consistent

M--Though minimal, the flavors meld well and the body is light. Refreshing.

D--4.5 for sure. You could rip these all day long at the beach. That is this beer's intention, and for that, I am rewarding it

4.06/5  rDev +72.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Consistent bottle to bottle and can to can. Serve from a Keg or a Can in a glass its a commercial American Lager

4.05/5  rDev +72.3%

Budweiser is simply a good, dare I say, great beer. It doesn't cost $50 dollars a case and no one will think you're high society when you tell them you drink Bud, but it is a fantastic beer. The truth is if you truely love beer as I do, and your not just some Frasier with a pention for beer instead of wine, then you must agree this beer rules the school. If you want to get drunk, this will do the trick. No head aches (unless you posses a vagina, and even then it is a matter of chance), it goes down like ice water, and it taste great.

4.02/5  rDev +71.1%

ahh the king of beers. my favorite example of an american marco-lager. if i'm goin out drinkin for the night, this IS my choice. i took a ride on the bud lounge bus once and took a course on how budweiser products are made and chatted up one of the brewmasters giving me insight into the world of anheuser busch.

A- clear pale straw yellow with head that's almost too perfect. it settles too fast also from the the tap leaving minimal to no lacing.

S- some faint malt, fresh barley, rice, apple, even a lil beechwood, but sadly no hops.

T- not much here, but for what it is, i'd say it's above average. grass, sweet corn, and a slight fruitiness with almost no aftertaste.

MF- clean, crisp, and watery. good level of carbonation if it's poured right, otherwise you'll be burping until the sun comes up.

D- this beer is a classic, hands down. it is cost effective, it is smooth, easy to drink, refreshing, consistant, and everything it was meant to be. though craft beers and micro brews may rise above in taste and aroma, AB did exactly what it set out to do: create a beer for the masses that will retain its american popularity forever and ever and ever.

4.02/5  rDev +71.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Damn fine American Adjunct Lager. Very sessionable refreshing taste with clean crisp finish.

Not as bad as everyone says

Budweiser is a solid brew. Of course it is quite favorable to rip this beer, but I won't do that. With the advent and popularity of light beer, Budweiser must stand above and beyond this. Budweiser is a smooth, highly drinkable beer. It's not necessarily the most boldly flavorful brew, but it is tasty and made with with the utmost of care. Say what you want to say, but Anheuser Busch does get high marks for quality control. Crisp, consistent, refreshing, that is Budweiser.

How can you be American and insult this golden delight???- your snobby beer taste has lead you in the direction of spoiled con·nois·seur... Do yourselves a favor and try to open up and make famous your own establishment instead of ripping on others miracle creation...

Budweiser... Does it live up to the king of beers title??? Eh... No. Very bland, but tastes smooth and clean. drinkability certainly wins over everything else with this. Very drinkable. Not much going on. Just average. Still Better than Natural ice or Bud ice, but not better than other things. Would rather have MHL or MGD.

Look...who in the world of beer snobbery can give this a fair shake? Well, apparently a lot of us. I believe I will quote a well-spun review which includes the immortal words of Billy Joel "the classic microphone smells like a beer smell" comment is very astute. I loved it. Yes, it was mostly watery...but if I can quote another reviewer , or analyze, I should say. The watery nature of the brew does not get you hungover. I'm not sure exactly what that meant, but that's his experience... I for one, will not turn one down if ice-cold and offered to me...even for a couple of bucks on occasion...the Bros did well in their review.

I don't care what anyone says...this is my trusty stand-by beer. no matter what state/region/area im in i can count on them having budweiser and they can count on me drinking it. so im sorry to everyone out there that is too good to drink "normal beer" I LOVE budweiser

Drinking these now actually. My friend loves this beer. I like it too. I like Bud light and light beers. But i like this too. Would drink it again.

Budweiser is definitely the King of Beers. Although I'm not sure which beers that kingdom comprises of, but it has a little crown on it's can tab so it's obviously a king.
Budweiser doesn't get enough credit in my opinion. It really is a good beer that goes down smooth and has a pleasant flavor.
Yes, it is quite possibly the most common beer in USA. I've yet to enter a bar that doesn't have Budweiser on tap.
But if the kingdom is one of low cost, high quality beers, then Budweiser truly is the king.

Pours clear, light golden color with a small head that dissipates quickly. Easy drinking, crisp, light flavor with a mild bitterness. I'm surprised that the average rating is so low on one of America's most popular beers. It's not my favorite by any means, but it's a good beer even though it lacks character.

3.98/5  rDev +69.4%

great out of the bottle close to the born on date as u can get

3.98/5  rDev +69.4%

Very light-colored, and smells as refreshing as it tastes. Goes down smooth and stays down...smooth. A lot of people like to knock Bud, but at least it makes no pretenses, and I'll fall back on it anytime. Clean, refreshing and inordinately drinkable--available in 30-packs for a good reason. You know going in that it's not meant to challenge your taste buds, so just take it for what it is and enjoy what could be the easy-drinkingest beer in America.

3.95/5  rDev +68.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I understand there is a lot of hate here on Beer Advocate when it comes to this beer. Beer snobs left and right will tell you that this beer is swill and piss. But I came into reviewing this beer without bias and prejudice.

Appearance - I poured a 16oz can delicately into a pilsner glass. I would say the temperature of the beer was at about 36 degrees. I noticed it had a head and then quickly dissipated. It has a high level of carbonation. I noticed it left a light lacing on the glass. The color of the beer had a straw-yellow color. I looked into the glass and it reminded me of grease bubbles from chicken broth.

Smell - Smells of corn, rice, and had a slightly boozy smell.

Taste - Has sort of a flat tangy boozy taste to it. Tasted the rice, corn, and the beer was slightly boozy - similar to the smell. Barely any hop taste.

Mouth feel - It tastes very carbonated and has a watery mouth feel but it's not a bad thing. The mouth feel of this beer makes it very easy to drink.

Overall - For what it's worth, this beer is great! It is very drinkable, cheap, and Budweiser has never let me down before.

3.94/5  rDev +67.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Served from a can. Good carbonation and head. Bright yellow but clear color. Not much aroma. Good flavor for a lager, good mix of cereal grains and hops. Not overpowering on either. Good mouthfeel.

3.94/5  rDev +67.7%

Budweiser. The King of Beers.

Allow me to quote a sentence that I have read, respected, and perhaps agreed with as many times as I have enjoyed this beer. Ice cold; from a bottle.

"This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces a taste, a smoothness and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price."

Although I cannot say for sure whether the "cost so much to brew" is an accurate statement, I have to agree that the Beechwood Aging does produce a taste, smoothness, and drinkability that I can not find at any other price. For this reason alone, I feel like Budweiser beer has been treated poorly by receiving a D+.

Budweiser beer is truly the king of American style adjunct lagers. It tastes the way it should taste, is priced the way it should be priced, and is absolutely one of the most consistent beers I have had in my few years as a beer drinker.

3.93/5  rDev +67.2%

A = bright yellow and clear with minimal head. Light carbonation.

Smell - malty and minimal smell

Taste - Very malty and smooth. Nice flavoring with no aftertaste. Full bodied and rich for an AAJ. 5% ABV is actually pretty decent for the style

Mouthfeel - a tad fizzy from the carbonation but otherwise full bodied.

Overall - The King of Beers lives up to its name. I haven't had one in 15 years so I thought it was time to sample one. Never apreciated this beer before, but now I have a new found respect. And the classic label on the bottle rocks!

3.92/5  rDev +66.8%

his lager should be appreciated for what it is...a clean, crisp, refreshing, brew that appeals to the masses and can be drank whenever and wherever. there are many other much better lagers and ales that appeal to those of us with discerning tastes and appreciation for REALLY good beer. but after a day of construction work in the sweltering summer heat, nothing beats an ice cold budweiser. just as during the shortest and coldest of days in winter sitting in my favorite pub, a pint of stout, porter or doppel bock is just what the doctor ordered.

3.91/5  rDev +66.4%

For what this beer is, a consistent staple in the American pilsner-style lager category, Anheuser-Busch has hit a bulls eye. Pours straw-yellow with exceptionally uniform and persistent lacing. Upon smell, a sour, almost always somewhat skunked version of hoppiness hits your nose, but once past, a great, clean scent of crisp pilsner can be found. Upon tasting, intense carbonation, moderate maltiness and mouthfeel can be noticed. Hoppiness is medium, and on the moderate sector in terms of spiciness. Finish is clean, with a moderate after-feel of malt syrup and carbonation. For a traditional American, mass produced pilsner-style brew, a cold Budweiser simply cannot be beat. Drinkability is exceptional, and is best in the spring and summer. A.

3.9/5  rDev +66%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Crisp and fresh taste. Pineapple/apple aromas. It is a refreshing beer.

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch