Natural Ice - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.90% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-03-2001

Natural Ice is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn that lends Natural Ice its delicate sweetness. It then undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing and leads to the formation of ice crystals which create its signature rich and smooth taste.
to view more.
Ratings: 1,237 | Reviews: 320

This isn't bad at all for a cheap beer. It's a pretty standard beer in my opinion. No it's not a hop explosion and it's not particularly exciting, but it's a $1.30 ($1.50 with tax) 25 ounce beer with 5.9% alcohol. I would hope people aren't comparing it to beers that cost $4 and $5 for a 11.2 to 12 ounce bottle. If they are, that's not exactly fair. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the $4 and $5 for 11.2 to 12 ounce bottle beers and most of those also have higher alcohol content, but if you want a decent tasting beer that doesn't cost a fortune, this is surprisingly good. I have heard horror stories about Natural Light and was actually a little hesitant to try this, but as long as it doesn't give me heartburn, this is decent.

2.78/5  rDev +59.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

This beer is kinda ok.

1.15/5  rDev -33.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Just nasty In every way

2.51/5  rDev +44.3%

By no means is this a great beer but it isn't as bad as the score may show. I'm drinking it because I'm trying to shed some pounds but hanging with gang still demands some beer. Trust me I'm a sworn craft beer loyalist. But this beer is the most efficient beer you can drink in terms of the amount of alcohol to calories. 5.9% ABV 130 calories.

On getdrunknotfat.com it rates as the first beer in their efficiency chart after numerous liquors.

The first one tastes a little harsh but after that it's just as tasteless as any other domestic.

Yes. I could just have less BUT better beer or no beer at all but during March madness that's not an option. Try it. It's cheap and no worse than a PBR for more ABV.

2.17/5  rDev +24.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

The skunk mostly rears its head on the very back end. The look is reasonable, the smell isn't awful, and it's not immediately a regretful decision to drink this beer. I think the BABros are closer to reasonable than the overall BA score.

4.35/5  rDev +150%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

A perfect college beer. Its cheap and in my opinion it tastes really good.

1.35/5  rDev -22.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Pours a translucent yellow with little head. The smell is mostly rice but with some chemical smell, almost metallic. There is very little to the taste. This was made to be drank fast with a slightly above average ABV.

This beer should be banned.

awful beer... cheap beer... beer pong type of beer

1.85/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

High abv for a college beer that's the only upside

1.96/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Very dirty beer that has never agreed with me well.

It says I have to justify.

2.4/5  rDev +37.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Says I have to justify.

1.57/5  rDev -9.8%

It is what it is. Natty Ice isn't as offensive as some BMC brews (Miller Lite, I'm looking at you), but that's because there's not much there. It pours a pale, almost translucent straw color, a pinkie of fizzy head that disappears quickly. Not much carbonation and no lacing. Smells like any adjunct, sweet corn, very faint, but gets stronger as it warms. Reminds me of the sticky floors of the old fraternity house the morning after a party.
Tastes like nothing, just water. Goes down easy enough, and if I wasn't curious to see if the taste changed when it warmed (it didn't) I could have tosses the glass back in a blink. Like I said, easy drinking. Now I know why it's a favorite of college students: cheap, inoffensive, and, to quote Dave Chapelle, "it'll get you drunk!"

3.6/5  rDev +106.9%

For what it is, this is a great beer. I'm a college student and compared to other domestics, especially cheap ones, this is pretty good. It doesn't have much flavor to it at all and is very smooth to drink if its cold. Other cheap domestics like Keystone or Milwaukee's Best have an odd aftertaste to them but not Natty. If I want something with flavor I would definitely look elsewhere, but if i want a buzz to party or need to unwind after a hard day of studying, Natty is perfect.

2.79/5  rDev +60.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

I've drank this ice cold in the summer and didn't think it was so bad. So, right now I'm on a tomato beer kick and this looks like it will get me less buzzed than the other night when I was using 8-8.5% Schlitz and Colt 45. Of course, I will review it on its own before making the cocktail.

I poured this into one of those little six ounce glasses that are just like old timey 3.2 joints in Minnesota who would tip one of these little glasses upside down over the neck of the bottle. A moderate pour produces a little frothy head that settles down to a ring of lace. The beer is a pale golden color with light carbonation.

It has that typical adjunct aroma-flavor, highlighting corn, light malt, and slight cardboard flavors. It's rather sweet with just a touch of earthy hop bitterness that falls short of balancing. The ABV, while not super high by today's standards, is well-masked except for a little fruity alcohol tinge.

This isn't terrible, is cheap enough, and will make an acceptable tomato beer. I'm drinking this while watching the Patsies play the Dolts in the AFC championship.

1.68/5  rDev -3.4%

Calling this a beer is a disgrace. This is some real crap. Most people nailed it by saying it's only good for getting drunk.that is true and its cheap. It's faux beer for people who want to get drunk off of something similar to beer. And some people talk about how it's refreshing and great for relaxing. Must be crazy to think that. If you have 5$ and want to get drunk you can get 6 pack of 16oz Natties, a couple of 40s which are far worse or a small bottle of very cheep booze. Your call

4.61/5  rDev +164.9%

One of the best beers that u can sit, relax and enjoy the outdoors or anything really.....way better then what most of these naysayers here

4.75/5  rDev +173%

Meh. Ok.... I guess. Someone paid me to drink this piss warm. I regret nothing. I won that bet. Then i popped a can ice cold. Drinkable that way. Actually surprisingly not bad, when you see its cheaper than keystone where i bought it, and somehow its not instantaneous projectile vomiting.
one of and this isnt saying much, the better ice beers around. Actually has some flavor to it. I am comparing this against beers in its class, Namely Keystone Ice Milwaukees best ICE, Bud Ice, and Busch ice. Compared to those things this seems not bad. Not that it matters. you drink a few bottles of natural ice you forget all about the flavor. Trust me, this stuff will f**k you up. They go down incredibly easy cold anyway. Don't do what i did and accept a wager to drink it hot without puking. Its pretty awful hot. Then again, what beer isnt? had a Sierra Nevada Pale ale ice cold, beats all of these things ive rated. once it gets warm, its just as bad.

1.25/5  rDev -28.2%

Pros: It'll get ya drunk
Its not malt liquor

Cons: Just about everything else

Overall: The cheapest drinkable beer I can find. Goes down like water and that's a good thing in this case. I wouldn't want to actually taste it.

My daily drinker. Not the greatest beer on earth but it's cheap and easy to drink.

Really nothing good or bad about this. Light, almost no flavor. Watery even. Could call it refreshing after a long day, but that's about it.

At that rate though, just drink water.

It's nothing fancy or worth being snobby about, but I can snag a 4-pack of tall boys for less than $3 US, and it'll get the job done quick. Keep it cold, though, it tastes a lot worse warm.

1.5/5  rDev -13.8%

Nattie Ice is a hard hitting yet smooth beer. It's not very good, but dang it, it gets the job done. This is the type of cheap beer I buy when I want to get drunk.

4.47/5  rDev +156.9%

Guys, sometimes you drink beer to frat your face off and get drunk. In those situations, you need fuel, fuel that is also beer. Natty ice IS YOUR FUEL. It's got enough of the good stuff to take your party to the next level, but a name that suggests a way cooler and smoother finish then you actually get - but who cares, cause after 3 of these bad boys you're in the zone.

Boom.