Natural Ice - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.90% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-03-2001

Natural Ice is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn that lends Natural Ice its delicate sweetness. It then undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing and leads to the formation of ice crystals which create its signature rich and smooth taste.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Ice Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,268 | Reviews: 332
1.12/5  rDev -35.6%

This is the hangover beer.. If you take one sip you are automatically hungover.. but if your funds are low, and you need to put one on..This beer Will definitely do the trick..6 pack of tall boys go for 3.99 where I live. So say a prayer and throw a few hail Maries and chug. . But be prepared for the wrath tomorrow.

2.44/5  rDev +40.2%

This "nasty ice" is ONLY drinkable in a bottle and i prefer a 40 or 32 if I can find the little brother. Cans are just horrible for some reason. I love fow et fells lol. great for getting fake balls and being a jackass. This reminds me of growing up around rednecks and country friends who would be seen with nothing else than NATTY. I love to reminess, God bless America!

1.59/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

If you pour this beer in a cup, it smells like the earth.

1.25/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Very watery beer. OK to drink on a very hot day.

Piss flavored water, the ONLY thing its good for is catching a cheap buzz, & there's other FAR less nasty options for that in the price range.

1.3/5  rDev -25.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

One of the top 5 worst beers I've ever had the horror to experience.

4.48/5  rDev +157.5%

The only 'cheap' beer I genuinely like. Sure, it's watery but I like the overall flavor. When I drink other cheap beers like PBR or Budweiser, I don't really enjoy the taste. They just taste...meh. Natty Ice is a great value and has a fun, sort of banana-like taste. I wish they expanded on this to make it less watery.
Smell: I haven't smelled this beer actively thinking about what it smells like. I'm giving it a 4 because it probably smells similar to how it tastes. I rate it lower because I don't care about the smell or the look or the feel.
Look: Only had it in a can but I'm sure not very good for a beeradvocate!
Feel: Between drinking water and soda. When cold, it's refreshing on a hot day.
Overall: Very good for a cheap beer. I like the banana flavor but wish it could be stronger. Maybe there are some other, higher quality beers that have a stronger taste but I wouldn't know where to look and I love the value/alcohol found in this beer.

2.59/5  rDev +48.9%

Good for getting drunk. Fairly cheap but tastes and smells horrible.

1.48/5  rDev -14.9%

Pretty terrible honestly, but hey it's cheap and easy to drink. The alcohol content allows you to not care about taste after 2 of them.

1.19/5  rDev -31.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Strictly a college budget beer.

2.09/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Poured into a .5 l mug.

Look: The body is a clear golden color with slowly rising bubbles. The head is foamy and white and settles to ... nothing. Absolutely no lacing on the glass.

Aroma: A combination of sweet corn husk (adjuncts) and a faint metallic aroma not unlike paint fumes.

Taste: Almost identical to the nose but more of a cardboard kind of taste up front. Paint fumes come through. The finish is metallic and dry, not without a sly but of tanginess.

Mouthfeel: Dry and medium to light in body.

Overall: Almost like a malt liquor "light" version ... AALs shouldn't be 5.9% ABV in my opinion. I paid $8.99 for a 12 pack of this just to review it. That's dedication.

This isn't bad at all for a cheap beer. It's a pretty standard beer in my opinion. No it's not a hop explosion and it's not particularly exciting, but it's a $1.30 ($1.50 with tax) 25 ounce beer with 5.9% alcohol. I would hope people aren't comparing it to beers that cost $4 and $5 for a 11.2 to 12 ounce bottle. If they are, that's not exactly fair. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the $4 and $5 for 11.2 to 12 ounce bottle beers and most of those also have higher alcohol content, but if you want a decent tasting beer that doesn't cost a fortune, this is surprisingly good. I have heard horror stories about Natural Light and was actually a little hesitant to try this, but as long as it doesn't give me heartburn, this is decent.

2.78/5  rDev +59.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

This beer is kinda ok.

1.15/5  rDev -33.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Just nasty In every way

2.51/5  rDev +44.3%

By no means is this a great beer but it isn't as bad as the score may show. I'm drinking it because I'm trying to shed some pounds but hanging with gang still demands some beer. Trust me I'm a sworn craft beer loyalist. But this beer is the most efficient beer you can drink in terms of the amount of alcohol to calories. 5.9% ABV 130 calories.

On getdrunknotfat.com it rates as the first beer in their efficiency chart after numerous liquors.

The first one tastes a little harsh but after that it's just as tasteless as any other domestic.

Yes. I could just have less BUT better beer or no beer at all but during March madness that's not an option. Try it. It's cheap and no worse than a PBR for more ABV.

2.17/5  rDev +24.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

The skunk mostly rears its head on the very back end. The look is reasonable, the smell isn't awful, and it's not immediately a regretful decision to drink this beer. I think the BABros are closer to reasonable than the overall BA score.

4.35/5  rDev +150%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

A perfect college beer. Its cheap and in my opinion it tastes really good.

1.35/5  rDev -22.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Pours a translucent yellow with little head. The smell is mostly rice but with some chemical smell, almost metallic. There is very little to the taste. This was made to be drank fast with a slightly above average ABV.

This beer should be banned.

awful beer... cheap beer... beer pong type of beer

1.85/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

High abv for a college beer that's the only upside

1.96/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Very dirty beer that has never agreed with me well.

It says I have to justify.

2.4/5  rDev +37.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Says I have to justify.

1.57/5  rDev -9.8%

It is what it is. Natty Ice isn't as offensive as some BMC brews (Miller Lite, I'm looking at you), but that's because there's not much there. It pours a pale, almost translucent straw color, a pinkie of fizzy head that disappears quickly. Not much carbonation and no lacing. Smells like any adjunct, sweet corn, very faint, but gets stronger as it warms. Reminds me of the sticky floors of the old fraternity house the morning after a party.
Tastes like nothing, just water. Goes down easy enough, and if I wasn't curious to see if the taste changed when it warmed (it didn't) I could have tosses the glass back in a blink. Like I said, easy drinking. Now I know why it's a favorite of college students: cheap, inoffensive, and, to quote Dave Chapelle, "it'll get you drunk!"

Natural Ice from Anheuser-Busch