Natural Ice - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.90% ABV

Natural Ice is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn that lends Natural Ice its delicate sweetness. It then undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing and leads to the formation of ice crystals which create its signature rich and smooth taste.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-03-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Ice Alström Bros

It does it's job. I may be an considered an alcoholic but my wife and I drink this to get drunk and it works. No bad taste. We drink right out of the can and it is the best bang for your buck. I'm not a beer snob like some on here, so if you're looking to get drunk for cheap this is the beer to drink. We don't get a hangover from it and it doesn't hurt my wallet.

Appearance, beautiful body, yellow, nice head with 1 finger.

Smell, wonder smell of sweet bread, no malt body, wonderful hop profile.

Taste, tastes sweet, mildly hopped, ends with a crisps ice taste.

Mouthfeel, wonderful crispness.

Overall, this get's me loaded when I need it. I've had The younger, Heady Topper, Elder, Zombie Dust, etc etc, eat a $hit beer snobs, sometimes you need to get loaded and this does it. Doesn't taste all that bad either. If spotting bananas are your thing, look no further.

4.89/5  rDev +182.7%

OK!
So you think I`m crazy for rating this perfect?
Well I`m NOT - buy a big-ass Criscraft Constellation beautiful mahogany boat and invite tons of strippers out in it every weekend, this beer is LOVED by slutty bitches cause they can`t even taste the "beer" and they get sooo smashed before they know it, you got naked strippers everywhere and pussy wanting to be eaten all over your face! (and all over each others face).
Just take that shit "belowdeck" on the 4th of July cause the Coastguard can be rough on you after families complain that their kids want to breastfeed again for some reason at age 15!!!
This shit will get you soooo fucked up - after the first few - who cares about the water taste?
As a matter of fact serve it ice cold in generic water bottles - works great for "hard" working strippers who need "refreshments".
I LOVE THIS BEER!!!
It always brings back NO memories! ha!
*Oh just to add to this - this beer maybe substituted by ICEHOUSE beer at anytime for the same effect!

4.78/5  rDev +176.3%

I like Natural Ice very much! And now it is the only beer I will drink, here's why. Most beer gives me a serious headache when I drink more than one or two servings, so I basically had to quit drinking beer. Then I found Natural Ice! I don't know what Anheuser-Busch did that's different, but thanks to their creation of Natural Ice, I can drink beer again.

Natural Ice has a crisp clean, slightly sweet taste and the carbonation isn't too light or too heavy. Also, I did a test with Natural Ice by leaving a half of a tall can in the refrigerator for two days, obviously-open. Most beer would be good and flat by then, but not Natural Ice. After the two days open in the fridge, I poured it into a clear glass and it had almost as much head as a freshly opened beer. I drank it and it was still great. Any other beer I would have poured down the drain.

4.75/5  rDev +174.6%

4.75/5  rDev +174.6%

Meh. Ok.... I guess. Someone paid me to drink this piss warm. I regret nothing. I won that bet. Then i popped a can ice cold. Drinkable that way. Actually surprisingly not bad, when you see its cheaper than keystone where i bought it, and somehow its not instantaneous projectile vomiting.
one of and this isnt saying much, the better ice beers around. Actually has some flavor to it. I am comparing this against beers in its class, Namely Keystone Ice Milwaukees best ICE, Bud Ice, and Busch ice. Compared to those things this seems not bad. Not that it matters. you drink a few bottles of natural ice you forget all about the flavor. Trust me, this stuff will f**k you up. They go down incredibly easy cold anyway. Don't do what i did and accept a wager to drink it hot without puking. Its pretty awful hot. Then again, what beer isnt? had a Sierra Nevada Pale ale ice cold, beats all of these things ive rated. once it gets warm, its just as bad.

4.47/5  rDev +158.4%

Guys, sometimes you drink beer to frat your face off and get drunk. In those situations, you need fuel, fuel that is also beer. Natty ice IS YOUR FUEL. It's got enough of the good stuff to take your party to the next level, but a name that suggests a way cooler and smoother finish then you actually get - but who cares, cause after 3 of these bad boys you're in the zone.

Boom.

4.23/5  rDev +144.5%

I love Natural Ice Beer! I like how it does not have a watered down taste to it. The beer has a bite to it. I also like how strong it is compared to other beers in the same price range which is another reason I love this beer. It is cheap! I don't think a beer has to cost a lot to be a great beer. It seems to have a bad rep around where i live, but I love it!

4.22/5  rDev +143.9%

Natural Ice has a deep, golden color and a standard head. I has somewhat lower carbonation than a typical American-style lager. Natty Ice has a mild, pleasant aroma and tastes very good. This beer feels good in the mouth and going down. It's got good body and a bite to it. Overall, I'd say it's one of the, if not the best, value priced (Anheuser-Busch's words) ice beer on the market. For what one gets, it's a bargain. It goes well with just about any hardy foods.

RJT

4.05/5  rDev +134.1%

I have to say, when I first drank this beer it tasted great. I think it has been downgraded in quality and now tastes not so good. Once was good now sucks. I think that batches differ considerably, compounded by freshness variables. LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE it gets cheaped out after initial success..

Where can it be found so cheap? This isn't much for me as it is for my step-father who's disabled and likes natural ice. Any tips or tricks on cheaper is great for his purpose. I like it as well since it does the job for the low buck vs. most. Thanks

3.95/5  rDev +128.3%

This is a quality beverage if you're in a mood for a buzz. The drinkability is excellent and the cost can't be beat ($6 for a 12 pack).

I don't understand judging appearance (who cares what it looks like...tastes the same). The smell is neutral as well.

Lots of people slam this beer as being lowbrow, but if you're willing to not jump on the beer snob bandwagon, you'll find a surprisingly tasty brew.

Highly recommended.

3.95/5  rDev +128.3%

Its a good Beer for the Buck only 5.40 a six pack of 16 oz cans where I live in silverbay mn but it is a good beer for a cheap beer better than bush an has a good color an flavor if your not realy into the hoppy beers other wise its head goes to quick other than that its a good beer

3.88/5  rDev +124.3%

Clear straw with a low white head, decent carbonation, and some lace. Light aroma overall with some grain and not overly cooked-corn like. Tastes much like it smells with nothing standing out. Medium bodied with a faux-grainy smooth finish... not thin at all.

A headache waiting to happen. :-)

Born On: 08/12/04 (lasered on bottom of can)
Tasted: 01/30/05