Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
to view more.
Ratings: 1,482 | Reviews: 435
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

a rung below pbr, high life, et al, but still better than bud light

3.94/5  rDev +99%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Let me preface this by saying I drank a swimming pool full of this stuff in college - and 30 years later it's easy to see why. It's cheap, tastes good, and gets the job done if your just looking for a good, cheap, no frills beer. Highly recommended. Head for the mountains and enjoy!

2.03/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 2.25

Taste gets the nod on this one, but seriously that's because there really is no flavor. I can see how my roommate and his friends can shotgun this stuff (not sure why anyone would want to though). I've personally never shot-gunned a beer, and this is not a beer I could shotgun. Extremely overcarbonated like most other AALs. Meh, this stuff isn't for me, but to each their own. I'd be going for another cheap option if I could only drink cheap swill, but this has been a "staple" in "my" fridge lately. I figured since my roommate is constantly drinking my beer, I'd take one of his... note to self: do not try roommates' shitty beer.

1.62/5  rDev -18.2%

Pale cheap and can stomach it remember stealing these from my dad to take fishing not bad on those hot days by the dam

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

your gonna make me say something about this

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Classic college beer. Cheap and easy gets the job done

1.25/5  rDev -36.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

The camo can was pretty cool. That's all I got...

1.33/5  rDev -32.8%

My least favorite beer. Ever.

2.06/5  rDev +4%

Budweiser's little brother is no prince. It is however, cheap...and you get what you pay for.

1.92/5  rDev -3%

Good beer for mowing the yard

If only I could rate it (-)1.

3.35/5  rDev +69.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

One of my go-to cheap beers. For when one wants something clean with very little taste, and there are certainly times for that.

1.35/5  rDev -31.8%

If this is made from natural ingredients, they have nothing to do with the beer brewing process...it's all that snow the Midwest gets plowed up, melted and mixed with old drums of Schlitz...

1.82/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

This is my favorite cheap beer, but notice the cheap part. If I'm just looking to grab a case with a buddy ad drink this is what I go to.

2.14/5  rDev +8.1%

Grainy & trashy adjunct lager but still crisp & drinkable.

This is a pale colored lager poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. It has minimal head and had little "bite" or a strong beer taste. A popular "dad's" beer from the 70-90s and still popular with the young adults on a fixed budget. Not horrible, but definitely not a craft beer.

1.56/5  rDev -21.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Worthy of playing beer pong, but not for drinking.

1.47/5  rDev -25.8%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

If this beer mimmicks the qualities of moutain air, then fuck mountains.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Tastes awful. Serve cold so you can't taste.

What do you really expect from this beer

3.77/5  rDev +90.4%

I'll proudly drink it any day - even over a ton of craft brews. It is what it is. For something cheap it is quite good. Get over it snobs, I'm going to buy a 30 pack for $15 at Walmart now ;)

Looks great, but not a lot of taste but very drinkable and pretty much everyone will drink it.

1.76/5  rDev -11.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 1.75

Pours a light golden color with a thin lace of head. That recedes to about nothing. Smells the same as every other adjunct lager. Kinda harsh going down. Not much flavor at all, but has a little bit of bitterness on the back of the tongue. One of the crappiest adjunct lagers I've had.

This is incredibly Cheap beer. Bought a 6 pack just because i wanted beer. Wasn't really expecting much. I don't drink normally, and when i do its either coors extra gold or Coors Banquet. Honestly this is a flavorful Cheap beer. Sometimes i come home after a long days work. I don't spend a ridiculous amount on Booze of any sort, I just want the flavor of beer sometimes. I drank this. After a long 10 hour shift of physically demanding work in a warehouse walking constantly all day for 4 to 5 days a week, this is so good. Also i enjoy these with fishing. I admit i'm biased as this was my first beer. Certainly Beats budweiser and its cheaper. I never have had anything too expensive. Sam adams was the most expensive. Coming home on Night shift, and buying this, and drinking one ice cold, it seems so good. Certainly would buy this over bud light. Bought this drank it ice cold, it certainly makes A nice refreshing beer. for 15 bucks for a 30 pack or 6 for a 12 pack, you can't go wrong. Craft brew drinkers should probably stay away because they like better taste and more hops. But for a guy who just drinks a beer for refreshment, this will do the trick better than bud light, mainly because bud light is more expensive and doesnt have any flavor. Honestly this is better than budweiser. Can't go wrong with it. i buy one every night after work. put in the freezer for a bit. Then I drink it, and it is just a delicious refreshment that goes down smooth crisp and clean. I substitute this with Busch Light or Coors light sometimes. Don't spend a lot of money on booze because i'm saving up for a house. So this is good. When i usually buy coors light this beats that and doesnt have the metallic taste.

This is not "great beer," it is sweet, simple, drinkable beer that is clean, crisp, and doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. It is very inexpensive, and I've always like it. It's easy to drink, doesn't get caught up in your mouth, and doesn't leave a negative after-taste. I like it as a drinkable "malt beverage," and don't try to make it out as more than it is. There ARE cut-rate beers out there that truly taste horrible, (Natural Light, you know who you are.) It's probably the best "down-market" beer out there. Very inexpensive and drinkable.

to view more.