Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Reviews by colbster92:

1.5/5  rDev -24.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Once upon a time, I lived next door to a kid my age named Brett. We used to be really good friends. When we were 16 or 17, we used to always try and get alcohol and beer and drink in his backyard. He was a big-time hunter and a redneck through and through, and his beer of choice was always Busch. I was young and only cared about getting drunk, so I had no problems with it.

There was one night when him and I alone finished a thirty pack. He may have had one or two more than I did, but he's a much bigger guy than me, too. I tried jumping over a fence without touching it with my hands and ended up smashing my face into the ground. At one point, Brett was laying on his back and pissing straight up into the air. I'm pretty sure the girls we were with were gone by this point, or at least I hope so.

Brett dropped out of college, moved a few hours away and ended up getting engaged to the first girlfriend he's ever had. Every time I see pictures of him, he gets bigger and bigger, balder and balder. He still takes pictures of himself holding a Busch in his hand every now and then. Whenever I see them, I remember the time he walked into 7-Eleven and filled a Double Gulp with pop and put a tall boy of Four Loko inside of it. He got away with it and we got drunk off of one Four Loko.

This beer sucks, but it's pale-straw body, metallic, grainy aroma, and corny, residual sugar-filled taste reminds me of some of the best (and most stupid) times of my life.

I miss Brett.

When you plop a 30 pack of this nectar of the Gods down on the counter and your local swill proprietor says $15, what exactly are you expecting? Get off your high horses with all these 1's and 2's.
A-looks like a beer
S-smells like a beer
T-wouldn't you know it tastes like a beer
M-feels like a beer in there
O-if you're expecting this to be a world class beer you need to get out more. It's a beer you can drink all day and night. While I'm a huge fan of dark heavy strong beers I always have me some Busch on hand.

1.98/5  rDev 0%

Presentation: 12oz can. Stamped born on date. Claims to be "Born of Natural Ingredients, Smooth, Refreshing Beer" ... "Brewed from water, barley malt, cereal grain, hops and yeast. There is nothing artificial in this product."

Appearance: If this beer was any clearer, it'd be called Zima. Extremely pale/straw, clear with a tighly carbonated foam lace.

Smell: Kind of funky smelling. Like cold raw meat. Some grain notes too.

Taste: About the thinnest mouthfeel I've ever tasted. A very watery beer. Malt flavour is very light. Dextrin and corn sweetness, especially as the beer warms. Hops are present, only lending a mild floral flavour and touch of lemon bitterness. DMS flavours (cooked veggies) as the beer warms. Finishes slightly dry with grain notes. All I can think of is "corn" ... you really pick-up on the addition of corn adjuncts. It changes everything from the flavour to the alcohol, chemically. Plus ... it's a cheap addition.

Notes: Whatever.

2.41/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Extremely pale in color with a fleeting head and minimal head retention and lacing. The smell is dominated by adjuncts with some grains. The taste is extremely light and the moutfeel quite thin with essentially no finish. This is perhaps a great beer fishing or some other outdoor activity since everything tastes better outdoors. Not as "bad" as some would have you believe, but even within its class there are better choices.

Bottle: This is very similar to other macro beers except maybe a bit sweeter. I sometime wonder if people notice that macro beers all taste very similar in the end. Anyway, my uncle seems to really enjoy this last time I went to his place and I had this for a drink.

3.95/5  rDev +99.5%

Busch is kinda "cheap" Budweiser. Overall its made exactly the same as Budweiser, except with corn instead of rice grains. This is you ultimately average American beer. It's not fancy, its not horrible, its not as cheap as Natural Light and won't get you insanely hungover....

A friend of mine used to work for Budweiser and he said Busch is "beechwood aged" the same way... This has nothing to do with flavour. It's strictly to speed up the fermentation process without actually flavouring the beer at all.

Cold Busch is perfect for a barbeque or cookout. This is session beer. This is not high class or high hops. Busch is what your grandfather drank after mowing the yard..

This is incredibly Cheap beer. Bought a 6 pack just because i wanted beer. Wasn't really expecting much. I don't drink normally, and when i do its either coors extra gold or Coors Banquet. Honestly this is a flavorful Cheap beer. Sometimes i come home after a long days work. I don't spend a ridiculous amount on Booze of any sort, I just want the flavor of beer sometimes. I drank this. After a long 10 hour shift of physically demanding work in a warehouse walking constantly all day for 4 to 5 days a week, this is so good. Also i enjoy these with fishing. I admit i'm biased as this was my first beer. Certainly Beats budweiser and its cheaper. I never have had anything too expensive. Sam adams was the most expensive. Coming home on Night shift, and buying this, and drinking one ice cold, it seems so good. Certainly would buy this over bud light. Bought this drank it ice cold, it certainly makes A nice refreshing beer. for 15 bucks for a 30 pack or 6 for a 12 pack, you can't go wrong. Craft brew drinkers should probably stay away because they like better taste and more hops. But for a guy who just drinks a beer for refreshment, this will do the trick better than bud light, mainly because bud light is more expensive and doesnt have any flavor. Honestly this is better than budweiser. Can't go wrong with it. i buy one every night after work. put in the freezer for a bit. Then I drink it, and it is just a delicious refreshment that goes down smooth crisp and clean. I substitute this with Busch Light or Coors light sometimes. Don't spend a lot of money on booze because i'm saving up for a house. So this is good. When i usually buy coors light this beats that and doesnt have the metallic taste.

1.47/5  rDev -25.8%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

If this beer mimmicks the qualities of moutain air, then fuck mountains.

3.84/5  rDev +93.9%

Straight from the can. (Four ounces poured into taster glass to observe appearance).

Appearance: Very light straw-color, pretty heavy carbonation, and a head which lacks definite substance (even off a pretty heavy pour). Just average.

Smell: Good for an American macro. Grape-like ester with some lemon/orange flavor as well. Hidden hops and gentle sweetness...I know there can't be that much real flavor in here...can there?

Taste: When it comes to adjuncts, Busch is the way to go (in my opinion). Citrus zest with mild malt character, very light graininess (corny) and gentle hop taste.

Mouthfeel: Watery. Would be perfect if it were just more substantial. Now I can see why the head disappeared so quickly. :-) On the plus side, it goes down smooth, as though you never even took a sip.

Drinkability: Not the greatest beer on earth, but this one is easily a session beer. Ice-cold, it's as refreshing as water. As it warms, it turns into more of a sipper. At about 45 or 50 degrees, it's actually a pleasing thing.

Beats Budweiser and MGD in my taste-test opinion. Not a great beer, but great for its category, and that's how I'm going to rate it.

1.89/5  rDev -4.5%

I really was not a big fan of this beer the first time I tried it. This was one of the first beers I ever tried. The taste was not one of a good beer with very little hops. While it may not have much taste, it seems to have a little higher alcohol content thanother beers. I know this is a cheap beer, but the mouthfeel wasn't even that good.

1.74/5  rDev -12.1%

Appearance – Extremely light yellow body with a thick, shaving cream head that dissipated quickly and whiped the glass clean on its way down.

Smell – Faint malt and sweetness, like a beer-flavored lollipop.

Taste – Light as can be. A sliver of malt is complimented by half a sliver of sweetness and a funky aftertaste.

Mouthfeel – I know the style is supposed to be well-carbonated, but this just exploded in my mouth.

Sinkability – The only reason to take another gulp is to wash away the nasty finish from the previous belt. It’s a vicious circle.

Comments – Serve this to your pop-in mother-in-law or the guy that steals change out of your desk at work. This is on the low end of the macro brews.

1.75/5  rDev -11.6%

1.88/5  rDev -5.1%

Busch is a beer that i tried when my younger brother came back from college. That being said i asked him what he was drinking in these frat parties... i figured what the hell i'll try one...

A- Light straw color with a soda like foam that quickly leaves you with no head. Light bubbly look.

S- Corn musk with very little else.

T- A flat corny bite at first with very subtle malty flavor, no hop notes at all.

M- Stale corn and barley bubbles make the mouthfeel almost unbareable.

D- When in need for cheap beer go for it if power drinking is a need. I would rather drink natty light for mass drinking occations.

1.81/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.7/5  rDev -14.1%

Avoid at all costs, get a Mickey's instead! Pours a straw yellow with a fizzy head that leaves as quick as it came. Smell is of corn and sweetness and that is pretty much the flavor as well. Super thin mouthfeel and the flavor of sweet corn prevail. Like I said, stick to Mickey's if you want a decent beer at budget price.

3.25/5  rDev +64.1%

1.75/5  rDev -11.6%

2.25/5  rDev +13.6%

1.35/5  rDev -31.8%

A friend puts it best: Busch - The short curlies of beer. The problem is, it's his only good line and he keeps bringing 12packs of this crap to my house so he can use it again and again...

Take Budweiser. Now, send it down a line without beechwood chips but with corncobs, possibly freshly retrieved from the A-B boardroom throneroom. That's Busch.

1.82/5  rDev -8.1%

busch beer, i do not know how to describe it, but the taste says CHEAP. "natural aging" isnt all aging natural? this beer has a pretty light taste for a non-light beer, less flavor than bud.the appearance and odor of this are nothign to brag about. the soul thing this beer had going for it is it's cheapness, which the flavor projects

2.21/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Poured a blondish color, quickly disappearing head, slightly detectable hop aroma, a very light almost watery taste, but aftertaste was sweet, not really unpleasant. Not a beer you'd sit and savor, but better than water, if your digging a ditch. Cheap and thirst quenching.

Busch Beer from Anheuser-Busch