Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
Reviews: 421 | Hads: 1,517

When you plop a 30 pack of this nectar of the Gods down on the counter and your local swill proprietor says $15, what exactly are you expecting? Get off your high horses with all these 1's and 2's.
A-looks like a beer
S-smells like a beer
T-wouldn't you know it tastes like a beer
M-feels like a beer in there
O-if you're expecting this to be a world class beer you need to get out more. It's a beer you can drink all day and night. While I'm a huge fan of dark heavy strong beers I always have me some Busch on hand. (518 characters)

This is incredibly Cheap beer. Bought a 6 pack just because i wanted beer. Wasn't really expecting much. I don't drink normally, and when i do its either coors extra gold or Coors Banquet. Honestly this is a flavorful Cheap beer. Sometimes i come home after a long days work. I don't spend a ridiculous amount on Booze of any sort, I just want the flavor of beer sometimes. I drank this. After a long 10 hour shift of physically demanding work in a warehouse walking constantly all day for 4 to 5 days a week, this is so good. Also i enjoy these with fishing. I admit i'm biased as this was my first beer. Certainly Beats budweiser and its cheaper. I never have had anything too expensive. Sam adams was the most expensive. Coming home on Night shift, and buying this, and drinking one ice cold, it seems so good. Certainly would buy this over bud light. Bought this drank it ice cold, it certainly makes A nice refreshing beer. for 15 bucks for a 30 pack or 6 for a 12 pack, you can't go wrong. Craft brew drinkers should probably stay away because they like better taste and more hops. But for a guy who just drinks a beer for refreshment, this will do the trick better than bud light, mainly because bud light is more expensive and doesnt have any flavor. Honestly this is better than budweiser. Can't go wrong with it. i buy one every night after work. put in the freezer for a bit. Then I drink it, and it is just a delicious refreshment that goes down smooth crisp and clean. I substitute this with Busch Light or Coors light sometimes. Don't spend a lot of money on booze because i'm saving up for a house. So this is good. When i usually buy coors light this beats that and doesnt have the metallic taste. (1,716 characters)

My ratings are high because I'm rating the old Busch Formula not this new/old formula Busch Bavarian junk.

The old Busch was great and had a nice bitter bite at the end. It went down smoothly and was well worth the price.

Busch Bavarian is a good cheap beer to reach for when you only have a few bucks and want a good buzz or at the lake (341 characters)

4.67/5  rDev +110.4%

first off my group of friends drinks way too much shitty beer so this review is mostly in comparison to other shitty beers. purchased a 30 pack for a party, we usually buy keystone or miller high life. busch has a bit more taste than coors or keystone and doesnt give me a headache once i drink 14 of them like keystone will. they are easy to shot gun and i really dont mind the taste especially compared to the metallic flavor of miller. my uncle always drank busch in front of me and when i was a teenager he would give me one sometimes and reefered them "alaskan sodas". il admit its a little bit like drinking urine but they go down easy and it gives you something to do in the form of drinking and peeing all night long instead of getting too fucked off the bat. its also nice to take a couple tequila shots and then get to fine tuning your drunk and eventually passing out/ puking and you dont look like as much of a pussy drinking busch as you would rolling rock but im rambling and busch is goood (1,004 characters)

4.43/5  rDev +99.5%

busch is my fav cheap beer.very high drinkability rate.i think it gets a bad rep if you would try a fresh busch i think u would like it.its not skunky at all.its mellow in tastse smell is fresh.its got a little kick to it if ur use to drinkin light beer.so go get some salted peanuts in the shell and drink a cold busch.... (323 characters)

4.2/5  rDev +89.2%

When Your Due For a Beer Busch Does It.
Busch beer is a Beer that is brewed by Anheuser Busch with an ABV of 4.6%. This beer is just an average American beer. Busch pours out a nice amber color with a nice white head. The appearance is like every outer type of American Lager . The small is sweet with some grains and malts. The taste is sweet with grains and malts. There is nothing overpowering in this brew. Busch has a nice balance to it. Drink ability is high good down smooth. Overall I'm giving Busch a 5 out of 5. I would buy this brew again. Anheuser-Busch did a nice job with this one.
This is one of my top brews on my list. (644 characters)

4.08/5  rDev +83.8%

I was hesitant because of the Beer Advocate Rating but I was pleasantly surprised. Busch (regular) is a very good beer and for the price it is exceptional. I will definitely start purchasing it by the case for approximately .50 cents per can. You can pay more and I have tasted better but for day in and day out drinking WHY? (325 characters)

4.06/5  rDev +82.9%

Listen, this beer holds a special place in my heart. My first beer was a Busch, and the taste of it has been special to me ever since. I know it gets trashed by beer snobs, but there is nothing more classic and nostalgic than an ice cold Busch. It's clear and bright as mountain air for a reason. (296 characters)

This is what I refer to as "lake beer" or as my father says "lawnmower beer". Basically a great beer for a hot day spent outdoors. If you worked all day in the 103° heat sweating, tired and soar, and say someone gave you and ice cold can of Busch. You would think the sweet nectar of the gods was being poured down your gullet by the almighty hand of Zeus himself. Okay, maybe I'm embellishing a bit. The taste is average but it's very drinkable and enjoyable. I love all types of beers, even a $2 can of Busch. Next time you find yourself on a hot day get a cooler full of these and you might hear yourself say "you know, this is not bad at all " (648 characters)

This is not "great beer," it is sweet, simple, drinkable beer that is clean, crisp, and doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. It is very inexpensive, and I've always like it. It's easy to drink, doesn't get caught up in your mouth, and doesn't leave a negative after-taste. I like it as a drinkable "malt beverage," and don't try to make it out as more than it is. There ARE cut-rate beers out there that truly taste horrible, (Natural Light, you know who you are.) It's probably the best "down-market" beer out there. Very inexpensive and drinkable. (553 characters)

A nice unoffending offering by A-B. Easy drinking and ask on the wallet. I live next to NH so its even cheaper. Just an all around smooth fishing, hunting and operating machinery kind of brew. Great to shotgun! (210 characters)

3.95/5  rDev +77.9%

Busch is kinda "cheap" Budweiser. Overall its made exactly the same as Budweiser, except with corn instead of rice grains. This is you ultimately average American beer. It's not fancy, its not horrible, its not as cheap as Natural Light and won't get you insanely hungover....

A friend of mine used to work for Budweiser and he said Busch is "beechwood aged" the same way... This has nothing to do with flavour. It's strictly to speed up the fermentation process without actually flavouring the beer at all.

Cold Busch is perfect for a barbeque or cookout. This is session beer. This is not high class or high hops. Busch is what your grandfather drank after mowing the yard.. (679 characters)

3.94/5  rDev +77.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Let me preface this by saying I drank a swimming pool full of this stuff in college - and 30 years later it's easy to see why. It's cheap, tastes good, and gets the job done if your just looking for a good, cheap, no frills beer. Highly recommended. Head for the mountains and enjoy! (283 characters)

3.85/5  rDev +73.4%

Honestly. I have truly no idea where to start when it comes to this exceptionally smooth, crisp, flavorful,delicious craft of a beer. This 'Great' Canadian Lager leaves me completely speechless even after 40 years of daily consumption. A great pro to this incredible beer is that it tastes completely like water! It craves those alcohol cravings and hydrates you at the same time! I even put it in my sons water bottle during his Peewee hockey games to keep him playing his best and restore his electrolytes! I feel safe giving this to him due to Busch not adding ANY preservatives to this wonderful craft. Ultimately, Mr 'Busch' has created a beer that is simply outstanding. I wouldn't be the person I am today without Busch. Thank you. Mr Busch. (749 characters)

3.84/5  rDev +73%

Straight from the can. (Four ounces poured into taster glass to observe appearance).

Appearance: Very light straw-color, pretty heavy carbonation, and a head which lacks definite substance (even off a pretty heavy pour). Just average.

Smell: Good for an American macro. Grape-like ester with some lemon/orange flavor as well. Hidden hops and gentle sweetness...I know there can't be that much real flavor in here...can there?

Taste: When it comes to adjuncts, Busch is the way to go (in my opinion). Citrus zest with mild malt character, very light graininess (corny) and gentle hop taste.

Mouthfeel: Watery. Would be perfect if it were just more substantial. Now I can see why the head disappeared so quickly. :-) On the plus side, it goes down smooth, as though you never even took a sip.

Drinkability: Not the greatest beer on earth, but this one is easily a session beer. Ice-cold, it's as refreshing as water. As it warms, it turns into more of a sipper. At about 45 or 50 degrees, it's actually a pleasing thing.

Beats Budweiser and MGD in my taste-test opinion. Not a great beer, but great for its category, and that's how I'm going to rate it. (1,157 characters)

3.82/5  rDev +72.1%

It pours to a light straw color. It pours to about 1/2 in. head that hangs around for about 30-45 sec. It has a decent smell that to me smells like cereal with a hint of hops. Its taste is average but not very strong. I like the mouthfeel it is light in your mouth which is to me is odd beings that the beer is to carbonated. Its drinkability is really nice it goes down smooth and finishes clean. For the price it is a Great beer! Just got 6 pack of tall boys for like 3.99 on January 4 2012! (493 characters)

3.77/5  rDev +69.8%

I'll proudly drink it any day - even over a ton of craft brews. It is what it is. For something cheap it is quite good. Get over it snobs, I'm going to buy a 30 pack for $15 at Walmart now ;) (191 characters)

3.74/5  rDev +68.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

When you pay $16 for 30 beers you can't really complain too much. Busch is easily one of the tops for its price. It's a cheap beer but yet holds some flavor, is smooth and refreshing. Wish it had more alcohol volume but probably a great budget beer to say the least. (266 characters)

3.72/5  rDev +67.6%

Busch is great classic! Ran in my family for years. Great Taste with Great Price.

It's not everyone's favorite, but it goes great with football food, fishing, hunting, etc. I have grown a taste to it very well. Although, regular Busch is only found in one or two areas here.

Can't go wrong with Busch! (303 characters)

3.72/5  rDev +67.6%

Ok, I started out on the stuff so I am slightly biased. I fuigure if it was good enough for me as a youngun then it's good enough for me now. I used to love Busch but as my palate has developed I very rarely drink this stuff. It is reserved for tailgating at Michigan games. I rated it high though because compared to Bud, Miller, and Coors I think it is superior. It has also appeared in at least two movies, Navy Seals and Vegas Vacation. Cousin Eddie would never steer me wrong! (481 characters)

3.53/5  rDev +59%

Busch is a typical American style lager with a thick common head, clear straw color, and high carbonation. Aroma is faint, but usual for this genre. Taste is milder than others in this class, yet it is pleasant. Mouthfeel is light and watery. Busch has the bite of others like it, but does not have the comforting alcohol content some may seek. Overall, Busch is a good beer for those who appreciate this kind, but those who do not like American style lagers naturally will not like it. I always enjoy it and find it especially good on draft.

RJT (547 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +57.7%

Clean and smooth. Good beer for the price. Cold is key, cold is key. Bought at Meijer for 13.69 a 30 pack. I like this beer with pretzels and/or sardines. Yummy stuff for a basic beer. The hint of hops and barley were very evident and the carbonation was constant from first sip to last. (287 characters)

3.47/5  rDev +56.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This was my dad's beer of choice when I was a kid, so I might be a little biased, but I think it tastes a bit better than AB's other, more popular, offering. Aromas of cereal and fruit and similar flavors, with some subtle citrus hop bitterness. Not my favorite macro lager, but I'd take it over most others. (308 characters)

3.4/5  rDev +53.2%

Well, I have slammed Michelob Ultra... and I cannot tolerate any of the other Budweiser, Miller, or Coors products. I am not a fan of the American Macro lager, BUT for some reason this beer holds a special place to me. Perhaps it was because this was my first beer, given to me by my dad when I was 2 weeks from turning 21 because we had no NA beer in the house. I am rather fond if it, even though I cannot stomach all it's brethren.

I have good taste. I know a great beer when I taste one, and I home brew, but this beer will nevertheless always have a home in my refrigerator.

Okay, just so I throw some perspective in here:
Easy to slam, not pretty, but very quenching. Lots of corn, and it gets kinda bad as it warms. Would go great with just about any meal, only because the flavor isn't strong enough to offend. Slightly grainy. However, I think it to be the king of cheap beers! (888 characters)

3.34/5  rDev +50.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured into a nucleated Busch shaker pint glass.

Look: Clear light golden body with slowly rising bubbles. A fizzy white head dissipates to a sort of circus cloud wispy film. Light dots of lacing, if that.

Aroma: Sweet GMO corn-syrup based adjunct aroma.

Taste: A barely-perceptable metallic component, but otherwise sweet and clean, maybe a touch of corn syrup.

Mouthfeel: Light, carbonated.

Overall: For the price this certainly isn't any worse than any other "cheap macro" out there. It's quite clean and refreshing. (525 characters)

Busch Beer from Anheuser-Busch