Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros

TurboChief, Aug 04, 2014

Clg811, Jul 13, 2014

When you plop a 30 pack of this nectar of the Gods down on the counter and your local swill proprietor says $15, what exactly are you expecting? Get off your high horses with all these 1's and 2's.
A-looks like a beer
S-smells like a beer
T-wouldn't you know it tastes like a beer
M-feels like a beer in there
O-if you're expecting this to be a world class beer you need to get out more. It's a beer you can drink all day and night. While I'm a huge fan of dark heavy strong beers I always have me some Busch on hand.

JoeM79, Mar 01, 2013

RyanZero, Jul 14, 2014

Danuel, Sep 28, 2014

Captap, Jul 25, 2014
4.73/5  rDev +140.1%

first off my group of friends drinks way too much shitty beer so this review is mostly in comparison to other shitty beers. purchased a 30 pack for a party, we usually buy keystone or miller high life. busch has a bit more taste than coors or keystone and doesnt give me a headache once i drink 14 of them like keystone will. they are easy to shot gun and i really dont mind the taste especially compared to the metallic flavor of miller. my uncle always drank busch in front of me and when i was a teenager he would give me one sometimes and reefered them "alaskan sodas". il admit its a little bit like drinking urine but they go down easy and it gives you something to do in the form of drinking and peeing all night long instead of getting too fucked off the bat. its also nice to take a couple tequila shots and then get to fine tuning your drunk and eventually passing out/ puking and you dont look like as much of a pussy drinking busch as you would rolling rock but im rambling and busch is goood

masteB, Aug 20, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +128.4%

Aretis, May 21, 2013
4.45/5  rDev +125.9%

busch is my fav cheap beer.very high drinkability rate.i think it gets a bad rep if you would try a fresh busch i think u would like it.its not skunky at all.its mellow in tastse smell is fresh.its got a little kick to it if ur use to drinkin light beer.so go get some salted peanuts in the shell and drink a cold busch....

jpgoodin, Aug 29, 2009
4.28/5  rDev +117.3%

Nevadap1917, Aug 18, 2014
4.13/5  rDev +109.6%

I was hesitant because of the Beer Advocate Rating but I was pleasantly surprised. Busch (regular) is a very good beer and for the price it is exceptional. I will definitely start purchasing it by the case for approximately .50 cents per can. You can pay more and I have tasted better but for day in and day out drinking WHY?

Caguama, Aug 04, 2008
4.06/5  rDev +106.1%

Busch is kinda "cheap" Budweiser. Overall its made exactly the same as Budweiser, except with corn instead of rice grains. This is you ultimately average American beer. It's not fancy, its not horrible, its not as cheap as Natural Light and won't get you insanely hungover....

A friend of mine used to work for Budweiser and he said Busch is "beechwood aged" the same way... This has nothing to do with flavour. It's strictly to speed up the fermentation process without actually flavouring the beer at all.

Cold Busch is perfect for a barbeque or cookout. This is session beer. This is not high class or high hops. Busch is what your grandfather drank after mowing the yard..

TexasRedskinFan, Feb 11, 2013

let8it8grow, Oct 03, 2013

When Your Due For a Beer Busch Does It.
Busch beer is a Beer made by Anheuser Busch. This beer is just an average American beer. The appearance is like every outer type of American beer. The small of the beer is beer. Taste is average and mouth feel is average. Drink ability is high good down smooth. Over all a good cheap beer for the summer.

nicholas2121, Jun 04, 2010

Zjenn90, Aug 20, 2013

JordanHageman, Jul 01, 2013

This is what I refer to as "lake beer" or as my father says "lawnmower beer". Basically a great beer for a hot day spent outdoors. If you worked all day in the 103° heat sweating, tired and soar, and say someone gave you and ice cold can of Busch. You would think the sweet nectar of the gods was being poured down your gullet by the almighty hand of Zeus himself. Okay, maybe I'm embellishing a bit. The taste is average but it's very drinkable and enjoyable. I love all types of beers, even a $2 can of Busch. Next time you find yourself on a hot day get a cooler full of these and you might hear yourself say "you know, this is not bad at all "

mawkus76, Aug 20, 2014

iMilky, Jan 10, 2012

Not the worst, but not the best beer on the market. Decent cheap. Better than Natural Ice and Natural Light.

InstantBeer, Sep 09, 2014

BRIANAJOHNSON, Dec 03, 2012

Countfapula, Aug 27, 2012
3.88/5  rDev +97%

It pours to a light straw color. It pours to about 1/2 in. head that hangs around for about 30-45 sec. It has a decent smell that to me smells like cereal with a hint of hops. Its taste is average but not very strong. I like the mouthfeel it is light in your mouth which is to me is odd beings that the beer is to carbonated. Its drinkability is really nice it goes down smooth and finishes clean. For the price it is a Great beer! Just got 6 pack of tall boys for like 3.99 on January 4 2012!

kdawg105, Jan 28, 2010
3.85/5  rDev +95.4%

Straight from the can. (Four ounces poured into taster glass to observe appearance).

Appearance: Very light straw-color, pretty heavy carbonation, and a head which lacks definite substance (even off a pretty heavy pour). Just average.

Smell: Good for an American macro. Grape-like ester with some lemon/orange flavor as well. Hidden hops and gentle sweetness...I know there can't be that much real flavor in here...can there?

Taste: When it comes to adjuncts, Busch is the way to go (in my opinion). Citrus zest with mild malt character, very light graininess (corny) and gentle hop taste.

Mouthfeel: Watery. Would be perfect if it were just more substantial. Now I can see why the head disappeared so quickly. :-) On the plus side, it goes down smooth, as though you never even took a sip.

Drinkability: Not the greatest beer on earth, but this one is easily a session beer. Ice-cold, it's as refreshing as water. As it warms, it turns into more of a sipper. At about 45 or 50 degrees, it's actually a pleasing thing.

Beats Budweiser and MGD in my taste-test opinion. Not a great beer, but great for its category, and that's how I'm going to rate it.

Lauthaha, Oct 06, 2010
3.8/5  rDev +92.9%

Ok, I started out on the stuff so I am slightly biased. I fuigure if it was good enough for me as a youngun then it's good enough for me now. I used to love Busch but as my palate has developed I very rarely drink this stuff. It is reserved for tailgating at Michigan games. I rated it high though because compared to Bud, Miller, and Coors I think it is superior. It has also appeared in at least two movies, Navy Seals and Vegas Vacation. Cousin Eddie would never steer me wrong!

buschbeer, Feb 22, 2009
3.75/5  rDev +90.4%

Busch is great classic! Ran in my family for years. Great Taste with Great Price.

It's not everyone's favorite, but it goes great with football food, fishing, hunting, etc. I have grown a taste to it very well. Although, regular Busch is only found in one or two areas here.

Can't go wrong with Busch!

TheTaxiGuy, Dec 04, 2013