Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
1.49/5  rDev -24.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Once upon a time, I lived next door to a kid my age named Brett. We used to be really good friends. When we were 16 or 17, we used to always try and get alcohol and beer and drink in his backyard. He was a big-time hunter and a redneck through and through, and his beer of choice was always Busch. I was young and only cared about getting drunk, so I had no problems with it.

There was one night when him and I alone finished a thirty pack. He may have had one or two more than I did, but he's a much bigger guy than me, too. I tried jumping over a fence without touching it with my hands and ended up smashing my face into the ground. At one point, Brett was laying on his back and pissing straight up into the air. I'm pretty sure the girls we were with were gone by this point, or at least I hope so.

Brett dropped out of college, moved a few hours away and ended up getting engaged to the first girlfriend he's ever had. Every time I see pictures of him, he gets bigger and bigger, balder and balder. He still takes pictures of himself holding a Busch in his hand every now and then. Whenever I see them, I remember the time he walked into 7-Eleven and filled a Double Gulp with pop and put a tall boy of Four Loko inside of it. He got away with it and we got drunk off of one Four Loko.

This beer sucks, but it's pale-straw body, metallic, grainy aroma, and corny, residual sugar-filled taste reminds me of some of the best (and most stupid) times of my life.

I miss Brett.

tectactoe, Aug 09, 2012
2.39/5  rDev +21.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Extremely pale in color with a fleeting head and minimal head retention and lacing. The smell is dominated by adjuncts with some grains. The taste is extremely light and the moutfeel quite thin with essentially no finish. This is perhaps a great beer fishing or some other outdoor activity since everything tastes better outdoors. Not as "bad" as some would have you believe, but even within its class there are better choices.

Retroman40, Nov 02, 2014

When you plop a 30 pack of this nectar of the Gods down on the counter and your local swill proprietor says $15, what exactly are you expecting? Get off your high horses with all these 1's and 2's.
A-looks like a beer
S-smells like a beer
T-wouldn't you know it tastes like a beer
M-feels like a beer in there
O-if you're expecting this to be a world class beer you need to get out more. It's a beer you can drink all day and night. While I'm a huge fan of dark heavy strong beers I always have me some Busch on hand.

JoeM79, Mar 01, 2013
2.03/5  rDev +3%

Presentation: 12oz can. Stamped born on date. Claims to be "Born of Natural Ingredients, Smooth, Refreshing Beer" ... "Brewed from water, barley malt, cereal grain, hops and yeast. There is nothing artificial in this product."

Appearance: If this beer was any clearer, it'd be called Zima. Extremely pale/straw, clear with a tighly carbonated foam lace.

Smell: Kind of funky smelling. Like cold raw meat. Some grain notes too.

Taste: About the thinnest mouthfeel I've ever tasted. A very watery beer. Malt flavour is very light. Dextrin and corn sweetness, especially as the beer warms. Hops are present, only lending a mild floral flavour and touch of lemon bitterness. DMS flavours (cooked veggies) as the beer warms. Finishes slightly dry with grain notes. All I can think of is "corn" ... you really pick-up on the addition of corn adjuncts. It changes everything from the flavour to the alcohol, chemically. Plus ... it's a cheap addition.

Notes: Whatever.

Trashcat, Nov 14, 2014

BeerDreadz, Nov 12, 2014

briandaube, Nov 11, 2014

zbodnar1, Nov 10, 2014

This is not "great beer," it is sweet, simple, drinkable beer that is clean, crisp, and doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. It is very inexpensive, and I've always like it. It's easy to drink, doesn't get caught up in your mouth, and doesn't leave a negative after-taste. I like it as a drinkable "malt beverage," and don't try to make it out as more than it is. There ARE cut-rate beers out there that truly taste horrible, (Natural Light, you know who you are.) It's probably the best "down-market" beer out there. Very inexpensive and drinkable.

Ag-Hag, Nov 10, 2014
1.75/5  rDev -11.2%

Not sure to call this beer, or beer-flavored water. A very very mild bitterness , cornmeal, there's malts in this? I couldn't taste any.

predikit, Nov 09, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -23.9%

For some reason, I've always thought this a somewhat better beer than bud, though that's hardly a high bar. Still, as you would expect, this beer is very light and watery, but with a crisp, fairly clean finish. Still a pretty lousy beer, but decidedly average to above average for an AB product.

John_M, Nov 08, 2014