Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
Reviews: 428 | Hads: 1,552

Head for the mountains... and jump off a cliff. This is not beer. I could taste no hops, no malt, nothing. This is as close to "poland spring" as beer can get. I think next time I'll put a lemon or something in it to give it some taste.

If you want Diarehha the next morning, take down a few Busch beers for the "Busch Mush".

This is a very bad tasting beer. I will say that it looks better in a glass than most cheap mass prodcued beers. It has more color and a tad better of a smell to it. But everything else is terrible.

Bottle: This is very similar to other macro beers except maybe a bit sweeter. I sometime wonder if people notice that macro beers all taste very similar in the end. Anyway, my uncle seems to really enjoy this last time I went to his place and I had this for a drink.

This is without question the single worst "beer" I have ever tasted. foul from top to bottom. a funky tasting over carbonated gas bomb. I made it through half a glass, tossed it down the sink and gave the other five to my wife. she'll drink any fizzy yellow pee pee you put in front of her. lucky for me. more money to buy myself some good beer. If anyone gives you one of these look at them with suspicion, obviously they mean you harm.

I just saw this "beer" at $7.50 for a 20 pack in Allenstown,NH. I bought the Brooklyn Lager for $8.99 a six pack. There must be a minimum qualification for a drink that is considered beer. Busch by any stretch of the imagination certainly does not qualify.

Sampled quite a few years ago. Don't bother with this one. Seriously, in college I preferred the Light or even Natural over this. Very pale looking. Musty mix of corn, grain, rice, malt, lots of water but doesn't go down very easily. I don't want to slam it but this beer is bad.

This is hands down the absolute WORST beer i have ever had. It is cheap, but it isn't even 5% so not a get ripped for the value beer. I drank half of the big can and threw it away, I don't know how anyone could drink this. Most commonly bought by white trash. It tastes like they made synthetic beer in a laboratory, it is horrible. Not even drinkable. Drink one of these and you will think bud light is the best beer in the world. (I used to think bud light was the worst beer until I tried busch, now I give bud light some respect, at least it is actually drinkable and tastes remotley of beer) It is a misnomer to call the shit beer.

Another one of Anheuser-Busch, Inc. piss poor beers. Can anyone say rice? A typical watery can of green beer from the "King of Crap Beers." After all, it's aged on the trucks. What's the lagering time, three to four days max? Please do yourself a favor and buy something else.

Looks like off color water. Very light pale straw, clear almost waterlike. Smells like funky gym socks. Taste is almost non-existent. When the beer warms, prepare to drink your veggies. Taste is slightly metallic and artificial. Even makes Budweiser taste decent.

I gotta stop inviting friends over. They bring shitty beer like this. Busch poured a colour one would see in the used toiled of a restroom at a diner where their are more cockroaches than menu items. No head, not even a film. Smelled of cream corn and chemicals. Tasted terrible. I'd much rather drink water from Lake Ontario that has been right beside the nuclear plant where dozens of dead fish lay decaying than this, this, this thing. The worst part is, the can is huge, making for more beer to be consumed. If ever their is a beer that belongs down the drain, this is it.

Dumped into a mug, this brew has a sudsy bright white head and a watery yellow body. As the head deflates, some soapy scraps of lace stick to the glass. Smell: saccharine sweetness wrapped around an old lemon rind twang. Taste: not much taste to mention. A nearly one-dimensional scrape of flat sweetness with a very slight bitterness, barely noticeable. The aftertaste is atrocious -- tastes like trash. Mouthfeel: watery. Can you tell how much I'm loving this? Chug-a-lug.

Found this in the fridge during a graduation party. Lets go.

Ok smelled offensive. Yea it was pale yellow and had no head, but we all knew that before I opened the can. It was like this jumbled mess of watered down caramel, dirt, mud, and pond water. I just cant get past it. I mean its the first beer that I can honestly say I hated and wouldnt touch again.

I don't think I've tried this since I was a teenager. It caused me to not like beer for years. Busch Beer is nearly colorless. It starts with a fragile white head and a lot of effervescence, but it all disappears in seconds. Yes, I poured it in a glass. There is barely any aroma; perhaps corn and butane. In the mouth, it feels like day-old Calistoga with some tannins added. The flavor is very faint. What is there is industrial grade cereal and... a farm full of chemicals. I know, I know: no additives. But, still... the Horror... the Horror...
(rated Jun 13, 2007)

1.03/5  rDev -51%

Busch: Utterly undrinkable, I mean the adjuncts they use must have been swept right off the barn floor. A bad alcohol delivery system for idiots. Why buy this crap when you could buy a thirty pack of Strohs for the same price, I'll never know.

1.03/5  rDev -51%

I actually went and got a six pack of this stuff to give it a fair chance.

So I can't believe I am reviewing this beer but I am. Pale color, smells like burnt corn, tastes like corn and has the carbonation of a bad soda. Mouthfeel = water. Only saving grace was that it had at least some semblance of a head on it, but it was so friggin weak.

Better than its counterpart, Busch Light. Still, this is one for if you just want to get really trashed and don't care about beer at all. If you want a bit of alcohol in water then here's your beer.

Reviewed from notes.

Pours a moderate golden color and actually has a bit of head. Smells like spent grain and a bit of bread. Tastes like grain husks. Quite light. Mouthfeel is really like with quite a bit of excess carbonation. Drinks very poorly. Nothing to bring me back for more and I didn't enjoy the first few sips.

1.06/5  rDev -49.5%

Had while at a family barbecue some time ago. The only beer I've been too disgusted by to finish. Also gave me heartburn and terrible beer farts. There are better, sometimes even cheaper things out there to drink. Negative 10 out of 5. Recommended only for those with burnt palates and survival experts surnamed Grylls.

1.06/5  rDev -49.5%

Poured into my Pilsner glass...

OK, enough. This yellow water doesn't deserve a formal review. It's crap. Tasteless, almost odorless...sort of like a Bud cut with flat club soda, if you can imagine that.

Years ago there was this beer called Busch Bavarian. We in New York couldn't find it. As I recall it was only available in the New England states. It was pretty good, but so was Coors at the time. I grabbed this "Clear and bright as mountain air" limited edition 24 oz. can thinking it might be like the above mentioned. Wrong.

1.08/5  rDev -48.6%

Quite an unpleasant brew, but not undrinkable.

Pale yellow color with a fizzy tan head.

Smell is of hay and stale hops.

The taste is funky with lots of grain. I detenct bitterness and lots of off flavors. Not the best feel. Very foamy and light. Drinkability is through the floor not the ceiling. This stuff is just plain watery and near tasteless.

1.08/5  rDev -48.6%

looks like urine. smells terrible like dirty water. it is just not worth trying to save a few bucks. this beer even manages to look ugly. it hurts to drink it and you have that horrible morning after headache while you are finishing your first sip. this is absolutely undrinkable

1.1/5  rDev -47.6%

There's a soccer club from St. Louis that is called Busch. They are probably the best youth club in America. That sure is a two edged sword. It's good to see beer companies sposoring soccer, it's bad to see Busch sponsoring soccer. It's the cheapest A-B product. That, in itself, says enough to me.

1.11/5  rDev -47.1%

This was worse than just a beer that was les than good. This was actually nasty. Really gross. Thanks a lot 'A' you're a great friend ;/ There is a reason some of my friends never got around to getting on BA. Oh well. In all fairness we did go out to the Tavern and drink a Bud light then we came home and smoked a cigar. A friend of mine had these cans in his truck all day. When we got to my house he through them in the freezer to get cold while we smoked a cigar. Now usually I wouldn't review a beer after smoking a cigar but I will never drink this again so here it is. I don't think the cigar is what made this beer taste so awful.

Appearance: I poured it from the can into a glass to see a clear yellow beer that looks like the typical macro. (what a surprise;/)

Smell: It smelled like my trash can after weeding the garden and throwing away a few wet cardboard boxes. I guess you could call that wet sour cardboard malt but it was just a bad smell that made me turn my head away.

Taste: The taste was as bad as the smell. There maybe a hint of grain in that awful cardboard taste that makes me think of dirty laundry. The aftertaste is just strange. ewe

Mouthfeel: Carbonated water; period.

Drinkability: I said I would have one to amuse my friend who brought it for his girlfriend (she won't drink my Fat Dog or SN Porter) but I couldn't finish this crap. I said I was going to dump it and get a real beer she said "oh now that is alcohol abuse you can't dump it." My comment was doing this to beer is the real abuse. Nonetheless, she drank the rest of my beer and I went for a Fat Dog Oatmeal Stout from Stoudt's instead.

Hope this is helpful.

1.12/5  rDev -46.7%

Pours a very light yellow with a white head that doesn't stay around long.

Smell is malt , corn, hay, popcorn.

Taste, what taste? Very bland, maybe the slightest hint of corn, and not much else.

Feels like carbonated water.

Can you say bland and tasteless? Beers like this make me appreciate the good beers all the more, this has very little taste, and what taste it does have, is nothing to write home about. No wonder craft beers are so popular.

1.13/5  rDev -46.2%

I bought a 6 pack and drank them over a few days to get a better feel for the product. All the bottles had a "Born On" date of January 4, 2012. I drank them from a pint glass.

Appearance: Pale straw yellow with a finger of foam that went away after about 2 minutes leaving minimum lacing. Some carbonation was visible for a few minutes.

Smell: All that I detected was a faint aroma of malt.

Taste: There was very little in taste. A hint of hops but no bitterness.

Feel: Thin and watery with a slight carbonation feel on the tongue. Dry finish.

Overall: I think this beer is typical of the style coming from a macro brewery. A lot is sacrificed by using the less expensive ingredients. Were I tasting this blind I would think that this is a light beer.

1.16/5  rDev -44.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

The cool mountain can, man. Dad's drunk of choice and my high school dazer.

A: Clear with color like your urine after a few brews. Tiny head.
S: Kinda sweet and turpentiney.
T: Tastes like corn. Ghost of a hop. One hop. It's definitely beer.
M: Like water. Yep.

Like, if someone brings a beer bong then yeah, sure.

Busch Beer from Anheuser-Busch