Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
Reviews: 422 | Hads: 1,518
3.85/5  rDev +73.4%

Honestly. I have truly no idea where to start when it comes to this exceptionally smooth, crisp, flavorful,delicious craft of a beer. This 'Great' Canadian Lager leaves me completely speechless even after 40 years of daily consumption. A great pro to this incredible beer is that it tastes completely like water! It craves those alcohol cravings and hydrates you at the same time! I even put it in my sons water bottle during his Peewee hockey games to keep him playing his best and restore his electrolytes! I feel safe giving this to him due to Busch not adding ANY preservatives to this wonderful craft. Ultimately, Mr 'Busch' has created a beer that is simply outstanding. I wouldn't be the person I am today without Busch. Thank you. Mr Busch. (749 characters)

2.04/5  rDev -8.1%

Appearance: Pours from pint can a light piss yellow. Big heavy white suds and average lace.

Aroma: Cereal grains, creamed corn and an ever-so-slight tint of hops.

Taste: Light and watery in body, this lager has a hint of “beer” flavor among the sweet maltiness. Very bland and inoffensive, Busch Classic isn’t a bad beer for the style, but definitely lacks character. (375 characters)

3.74/5  rDev +68.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

When you pay $16 for 30 beers you can't really complain too much. Busch is easily one of the tops for its price. It's a cheap beer but yet holds some flavor, is smooth and refreshing. Wish it had more alcohol volume but probably a great budget beer to say the least. (266 characters)

2.13/5  rDev -4.1%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Clear pale straw with moderate activity. White 1 finger head, lasting about 5 minutes, with poor legs.

Faint sweet grains smell. Faint flavors of sweet grains and corn. Slightly toasty and roasted with a hint of lemon/acid. More sugary than sour.

Slick medium body with prickly carbonation. Watery light finish, ending with a roasted malty feel and tons of sweetness.

Fresh but bland. A little better than a Bud and most other trash. A sweet beer but not too syrupy and still sharp. (486 characters)

4.06/5  rDev +82.9%

Listen, this beer holds a special place in my heart. My first beer was a Busch, and the taste of it has been special to me ever since. I know it gets trashed by beer snobs, but there is nothing more classic and nostalgic than an ice cold Busch. It's clear and bright as mountain air for a reason. (296 characters)

A nice unoffending offering by A-B. Easy drinking and ask on the wallet. I live next to NH so its even cheaper. Just an all around smooth fishing, hunting and operating machinery kind of brew. Great to shotgun! (210 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

It's pretty refreshing when you drink it ice cold in a mug on a hot day at Fast Eddies BonAir in Alton, IL. However, I prefer Busch Copper Lager if I'm going to drink an AB product. (182 characters)

Tastes like vomit in a can. Seriously, I am not sure how people drink this stuff. There is nothing pleasant here.

Will not purchase ever. Even for an AAL, there are many better options out there. (196 characters)

1.39/5  rDev -37.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Pretty nasty stuff right here in my opinion. Its light version, busch light, can be tolerated to drink large quantities for cheap... but its hard to stomach the taste of Busch. (177 characters)

1.16/5  rDev -47.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

The cool mountain can, man. Dad's drunk of choice and my high school dazer.

A: Clear with color like your urine after a few brews. Tiny head.
S: Kinda sweet and turpentiney.
T: Tastes like corn. Ghost of a hop. One hop. It's definitely beer.
M: Like water. Yep.

Like, if someone brings a beer bong then yeah, sure.

Bah. (323 characters)

2.16/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Pours a 2 to 3 finger head that quickly fades to an uneven lacing, very pale yellow in color.
Smells of grain, corn, and a faint faint herbal hop.
Tastes light, very carbonated, watery, finishes with corn and grain, but overall very light.
Mouthfeel: Water
Overall: Inoffensive, quite drinkable, but no real flavor. Made for chugging (334 characters)

2.63/5  rDev +18.5%

Really cheap beer my dad used to drink when I was a small child. Now that I'm old enough to drink and enjoy beers, I wanted some Busch so I can be JustLikeMyDad.

Busch is again, cheap. But not as bad as you might think. It's Crisp, light, and refreshing. It tastes of carbonated water with a light beer flavor. It's not awful, but the smell and taste don't have much going for it. It's nice on a hot summer day to have a cold one of these. (441 characters)

3.94/5  rDev +77.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Let me preface this by saying I drank a swimming pool full of this stuff in college - and 30 years later it's easy to see why. It's cheap, tastes good, and gets the job done if your just looking for a good, cheap, no frills beer. Highly recommended. Head for the mountains and enjoy! (283 characters)

2.03/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 2.25

Taste gets the nod on this one, but seriously that's because there really is no flavor. I can see how my roommate and his friends can shotgun this stuff (not sure why anyone would want to though). I've personally never shot-gunned a beer, and this is not a beer I could shotgun. Extremely overcarbonated like most other AALs. Meh, this stuff isn't for me, but to each their own. I'd be going for another cheap option if I could only drink cheap swill, but this has been a "staple" in "my" fridge lately. I figured since my roommate is constantly drinking my beer, I'd take one of his... note to self: do not try roommates' shitty beer. (635 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -39.2%

If this is made from natural ingredients, they have nothing to do with the beer brewing process...it's all that snow the Midwest gets plowed up, melted and mixed with old drums of Schlitz... (190 characters)

This is a pale colored lager poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. It has minimal head and had little "bite" or a strong beer taste. A popular "dad's" beer from the 70-90s and still popular with the young adults on a fixed budget. Not horrible, but definitely not a craft beer. (288 characters)

3.77/5  rDev +69.8%

I'll proudly drink it any day - even over a ton of craft brews. It is what it is. For something cheap it is quite good. Get over it snobs, I'm going to buy a 30 pack for $15 at Walmart now ;) (191 characters)

1.76/5  rDev -20.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 1.75

Pours a light golden color with a thin lace of head. That recedes to about nothing. Smells the same as every other adjunct lager. Kinda harsh going down. Not much flavor at all, but has a little bit of bitterness on the back of the tongue. One of the crappiest adjunct lagers I've had. (285 characters)

This is incredibly Cheap beer. Bought a 6 pack just because i wanted beer. Wasn't really expecting much. I don't drink normally, and when i do its either coors extra gold or Coors Banquet. Honestly this is a flavorful Cheap beer. Sometimes i come home after a long days work. I don't spend a ridiculous amount on Booze of any sort, I just want the flavor of beer sometimes. I drank this. After a long 10 hour shift of physically demanding work in a warehouse walking constantly all day for 4 to 5 days a week, this is so good. Also i enjoy these with fishing. I admit i'm biased as this was my first beer. Certainly Beats budweiser and its cheaper. I never have had anything too expensive. Sam adams was the most expensive. Coming home on Night shift, and buying this, and drinking one ice cold, it seems so good. Certainly would buy this over bud light. Bought this drank it ice cold, it certainly makes A nice refreshing beer. for 15 bucks for a 30 pack or 6 for a 12 pack, you can't go wrong. Craft brew drinkers should probably stay away because they like better taste and more hops. But for a guy who just drinks a beer for refreshment, this will do the trick better than bud light, mainly because bud light is more expensive and doesnt have any flavor. Honestly this is better than budweiser. Can't go wrong with it. i buy one every night after work. put in the freezer for a bit. Then I drink it, and it is just a delicious refreshment that goes down smooth crisp and clean. I substitute this with Busch Light or Coors light sometimes. Don't spend a lot of money on booze because i'm saving up for a house. So this is good. When i usually buy coors light this beats that and doesnt have the metallic taste. (1,716 characters)

This is not "great beer," it is sweet, simple, drinkable beer that is clean, crisp, and doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. It is very inexpensive, and I've always like it. It's easy to drink, doesn't get caught up in your mouth, and doesn't leave a negative after-taste. I like it as a drinkable "malt beverage," and don't try to make it out as more than it is. There ARE cut-rate beers out there that truly taste horrible, (Natural Light, you know who you are.) It's probably the best "down-market" beer out there. Very inexpensive and drinkable. (553 characters)

1.84/5  rDev -17.1%

Not sure to call this beer, or beer-flavored water. A very very mild bitterness , cornmeal, there's malts in this? I couldn't taste any. It doesn't particularly get more Adjunct than this, and my friends would all joke that it was poison in a can. Oh well, if people drink it and are happy, more power to them. (310 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -32.4%

For some reason, I've always thought this a somewhat better beer than bud, though that's hardly a high bar. Still, as you would expect, this beer is very light and watery, but with a crisp, fairly clean finish. Still a pretty lousy beer, but decidedly average to above average for an AB product. (297 characters)

2.41/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Extremely pale in color with a fleeting head and minimal head retention and lacing. The smell is dominated by adjuncts with some grains. The taste is extremely light and the moutfeel quite thin with essentially no finish. This is perhaps a great beer fishing or some other outdoor activity since everything tastes better outdoors. Not as "bad" as some would have you believe, but even within its class there are better choices. (431 characters)

3.13/5  rDev +41%

Serving Style : 16 oz tall boy can.

Appearance (3) : In the can, but appearance tends to be a pale straw yellow with a large and quickly receding head when poured. Trust me, I know these things.

Smell (2.5): Crisp, clean water. Faint corn, yeast, barley, rice.

Taste (3.25) : Out of the can, it's much better. If you're pouring this one into a glass, you've got the wrong idea. Sharp carbonated water hits first with a rush of faint corn and rice malts, leaving with a faint yeast and dry finish. Real easy to drink.

Mouthfeel (3.25) : Sharp carbonation, painful almost...but then it turns to a smooth, creamy, yet watery brew. It goes down so easy you'd barely think you were having a beer. In fact, it's pretty much like comparing skim milk to whole milk.

Optional extra category :

Drinkability (5) : FIVE. Easy to pound in any situation.

Overall (3.13) : Pounders are best. It is, for sure, a crappy trailer beer. It's got that cheap, bottom of the vat character and skunk flavor. With all that being said, it's extremely easy to drink and I can pound a 16 oz can easy. No sweat. For those evenings (or days, or nights) I feel like a beer that goes down easy and still provides some marginal flavor, Busch is a sure ticket. Good for absolutely nothing else, but what it does, it does with honor. (1,307 characters)

1.7/5  rDev -23.4%

Very interesting beer. I saw it in a movie can t remember the name but anyways.
I bought a big can 710ml to give it a try. The price is cheap same as the Pabst Blue Ribbon.
The smell is ok. The look of it is about average. First taste was under average. I was totally disappointed about it.
They really should improve it and maybe put the price up. Im willing to pay some extra money on it to have a much better one.
I do NOT recommend that beer. (447 characters)

Busch Beer from Anheuser-Busch