Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
1.49/5  rDev -24.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Once upon a time, I lived next door to a kid my age named Brett. We used to be really good friends. When we were 16 or 17, we used to always try and get alcohol and beer and drink in his backyard. He was a big-time hunter and a redneck through and through, and his beer of choice was always Busch. I was young and only cared about getting drunk, so I had no problems with it.

There was one night when him and I alone finished a thirty pack. He may have had one or two more than I did, but he's a much bigger guy than me, too. I tried jumping over a fence without touching it with my hands and ended up smashing my face into the ground. At one point, Brett was laying on his back and pissing straight up into the air. I'm pretty sure the girls we were with were gone by this point, or at least I hope so.

Brett dropped out of college, moved a few hours away and ended up getting engaged to the first girlfriend he's ever had. Every time I see pictures of him, he gets bigger and bigger, balder and balder. He still takes pictures of himself holding a Busch in his hand every now and then. Whenever I see them, I remember the time he walked into 7-Eleven and filled a Double Gulp with pop and put a tall boy of Four Loko inside of it. He got away with it and we got drunk off of one Four Loko.

This beer sucks, but it's pale-straw body, metallic, grainy aroma, and corny, residual sugar-filled taste reminds me of some of the best (and most stupid) times of my life.

I miss Brett.

tectactoe, Aug 09, 2012
2.03/5  rDev +3%

Presentation: 12oz can. Stamped born on date. Claims to be "Born of Natural Ingredients, Smooth, Refreshing Beer" ... "Brewed from water, barley malt, cereal grain, hops and yeast. There is nothing artificial in this product."

Appearance: If this beer was any clearer, it'd be called Zima. Extremely pale/straw, clear with a tighly carbonated foam lace.

Smell: Kind of funky smelling. Like cold raw meat. Some grain notes too.

Taste: About the thinnest mouthfeel I've ever tasted. A very watery beer. Malt flavour is very light. Dextrin and corn sweetness, especially as the beer warms. Hops are present, only lending a mild floral flavour and touch of lemon bitterness. DMS flavours (cooked veggies) as the beer warms. Finishes slightly dry with grain notes. All I can think of is "corn" ... you really pick-up on the addition of corn adjuncts. It changes everything from the flavour to the alcohol, chemically. Plus ... it's a cheap addition.

Notes: Whatever.