Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
biggred1

Indiana

2.78/5  rDev +40.4%

Pale straw with a fluffy white head that melts away pretty quickly into a skim. The smell is average for the style, faint grits and not much else. This beer lacks flavor but what it does have isn't very good, a slightly more sour, dry husk quality than most of it's ilk. Highly carbonated with a dry, squeaky clean finish. Not very good overall, but I've had worse.

05-30-2009 02:01:53 | More by biggred1
bigdeuce

3.33/5  rDev +68.2%

You know what, this isn't bad. IMO, it is as good as budweiser and much cheaper. Hey, it's yellowy pissy coloured and smells like cheap beer. However, it is smooth and very drinkable. I enjoy this at a BBQ, and although not very sophisticated, it serves it's purpose. It is what it is?

05-21-2009 02:20:39 | More by bigdeuce
woodychandler

1.7/5  rDev -14.1%

I CAN't believe how long it has been since I reviewed a CANned beer! The proximity of RichWood Manor to one of our local six-pack shops has renewed my interest in finding canned beers that I have not previously reviewed.

A good pour resulted in two fingers of foamy, bone-white head with low retention. The color was a pale lemon-yellow with a lot of bubbles. This must have been what Greg Koch had in mind when he mentioned "fizzy yellow beer ...". The nose had a light, lager-like sweetness, but I really had to inhale deeply to experience anything. The mouthfeel was thin and watery with a very mild lager taste on the tongue. It was slightly dry and refreshing in the finish, but I might as well have been drinking air.

05-18-2009 00:46:55 | More by woodychandler
Nukeman3000

3.3/5  rDev +66.7%

I drink this beer more often than not because I'm pretty broke, So It beats drink the hard shit like Steel Reserve, or Natty. I'm drinking natty right now becuase im broker, and i want to get drunk. Its not the greatest beer, and i agree its sub par to most beers. But the number one thing its great for parties!

05-10-2009 23:26:25 | More by Nukeman3000
PeskySaurus

Colorado

3.28/5  rDev +65.7%

I drink Busch with my biker-family buddies, and with my best friend, especially when money is tight. It's not as strong as Natural Ice, but the taste isn't disgusting, at least compared to some of the cheaper things out there. Busch isn't a beer I crave, but anyone with hair on their chest can get it down, it just tastes like Milwaukee's Best or Bud Light.

05-10-2009 23:15:09 | More by PeskySaurus
cjl1209

1.7/5  rDev -14.1%

"Cold as a Mountain Stream, Smooth as it's Name"
"Natural Aging, Natural Carbonation"

A - Pours a clear pale gold color with a huge wispy white head that dies down almost immediately.

S - Sweet adjuncts. Even after the head disappears I can still smell foam.

T - All corn. No detectable hops, the smallest amount of malts possible, straw, and more corn. Just a straight up nasty (slightly sweet) aftertaste.

M - Thin compared to craft beers but after all this is "Busch Heavy" and when compared to macros it's pretty slick. Good carbonation.

D - This is really the only category the beer was designed for but because of the taste it's still not that high. That being said, people will still force themselves to knock back 12 of these at time, I know I have.

Final Thoughts: Who the fuck is into "Aging" canned macros and the name BUSCH is nowhere near being "Smooth". The only thing this beer delivers on is the carbonation. Busch Heavy is not for the faint of heart.

04-29-2009 18:02:23 | More by cjl1209
larsee01

2.83/5  rDev +42.9%

16oz tall can poured into pint glass for viewing purposes only

A--Clear, light-golden. Moderate carbonation w/ quickly collapsing head. Surprisingly decent lacing at outset.

S--Not designed for smelling. Adjuncty and grainy with the sweet and sour thing going on. Surely to sour as it warms.

T--Sweet cooked corn up front. Not really much there, but certainly not unpleasant. But who are we kidding...this wasn't designed for tasting. Tiny bitter kick but litte left in an aftertaste. Just not too much here.

D--This is what it's designed for. Who hasn't torn through a thirsty thirty with some friends?

M--I don't even know what to put here. It's Busch. It's crisp and pretty smooth.

04-21-2009 03:25:19 | More by larsee01
kmo1030

2.15/5  rDev +8.6%

left over from a party...

straw colored with a white head that doesn't last long.
smells of cooked starchy corn, alcohol is present with weird sweetness. a touch metallic. a little pilsner malt, or something like it. a hint of wet dog hair.
the taste is sweet and corny with no hop backbone. the lighter malts do show up here too, but with a slight astringent quality.
the mouthfeel is thin with a fairly active, but clumsy carbonation.
the drinkability is... reasonably ok. it's not quite as unappealing as my review comes off, but not good either. there are other macro lagers i'd go for before i resorted to this one.

04-18-2009 02:50:11 | More by kmo1030
wesbrownyeah

1.9/5  rDev -4%

Busch is a beer that i tried when my younger brother came back from college. That being said i asked him what he was drinking in these frat parties... i figured what the hell i'll try one...

A- Light straw color with a soda like foam that quickly leaves you with no head. Light bubbly look.

S- Corn musk with very little else.

T- A flat corny bite at first with very subtle malty flavor, no hop notes at all.

M- Stale corn and barley bubbles make the mouthfeel almost unbareable.

D- When in need for cheap beer go for it if power drinking is a need. I would rather drink natty light for mass drinking occations.

04-04-2009 02:10:48 | More by wesbrownyeah
wordhog61

2.88/5  rDev +45.5%

My brother-in-law gave me one the other day, and it's ok. It doesn't have much of a taste to it, but doesn't taste bad either to me. I guess I'll be drinking it when I go over there to visit, it's all he drinks. As for me, I wouldn't buy it though, but I wouldn't turn one down if offered.

03-15-2009 21:44:47 | More by wordhog61
woodske1

If you want Diarehha the next morning, take down a few Busch beers for the "Busch Mush".

This is a very bad tasting beer. I will say that it looks better in a glass than most cheap mass prodcued beers. It has more color and a tad better of a smell to it. But everything else is terrible.

03-03-2009 16:09:29 | More by woodske1
buschbeer

3.8/5  rDev +91.9%

Ok, I started out on the stuff so I am slightly biased. I fuigure if it was good enough for me as a youngun then it's good enough for me now. I used to love Busch but as my palate has developed I very rarely drink this stuff. It is reserved for tailgating at Michigan games. I rated it high though because compared to Bud, Miller, and Coors I think it is superior. It has also appeared in at least two movies, Navy Seals and Vegas Vacation. Cousin Eddie would never steer me wrong!

02-22-2009 20:10:31 | More by buschbeer
OzarkElmo

Missouri

Drank from bottle to pint glass Jan 26, 2009.

Okay, this is THE BEER I was weaned on, so there is no way I can give it a really bad rating. Grew up in St. Louis area; Toy Caldwell, the legend from the Marshall Tucker Band did a radio commercial in early 90's for it; I used to have the bottle caps cover the light knob and such on my '74 Maverick. Busch beer is what it is, and actually it is really good on a hot day/night. Too many fond memories to crap on this beer - Cheers forever Busch!

02-16-2009 22:11:13 | More by OzarkElmo
youngleo

1.63/5  rDev -17.7%

Poured to a two fingered snow white head with a hard pour right down the middle of the glass. Beer was a very light yellow with no bubbles. Also no lacing. Head disappeared within about 2 minutes. Not a lot of smell going on here. Maybe some corn and a whole lot of nothing. Tasted very light and a little on the sweet side. Not a lot of taste either. Carbonation was ok at best. Maybe if you cooled this beer down to 32 degress and drank it fast after mowing your lawn, it might quench your thirst and cool you off. If that didnt work pour the cold beer over your head. That should cool you off.

01-07-2009 19:26:35 | More by youngleo
cyberbmcd

2.35/5  rDev +18.7%

My Father-in-law offered me one on Christmas.

Pours typically anemic yellow American Beer color....No head, pitiful lacing.

Crisp clean mouthfeel, easy going down no - bitter aftertaste.

It's better than Budweiser.

I wouldn't buy one. I was just being nice to dad...

01-07-2009 14:39:39 | More by cyberbmcd
morimech

3.15/5  rDev +59.1%

As macro lagers go, this is not too bad. I poured it in a glass and it looks unimpressive. Straw color with a small white head that quickly disapears. Has a pleasant, sweet aroma. The taste is a little on the sweeter side of adjunct lagers. Not as sweet as Grain Belt but sweeter than PBR. Not as fizzy as well. Overall a decent lager and very easy to drink.

12-18-2008 22:46:42 | More by morimech
hippk9

2.03/5  rDev +2.5%

Yes, this beer is not good compared to oh say, a Dale's or well, to almost any other beer ever. It pours yellow, has a metallic smell, it tastes thin and watery (although also faintly of bananas). However, I will sure choose this over a Bud or Coors. This is reminiscent of freezing your young unrefined ass off, in dead winter, in a tiny midwest town, standing around a bonfire because there is nothing else to do but stare at a fire, while drinking Busch, thinking of how to escape your tiny midwest town. Certainly not a beer I would ever buy but if given I will drink.

12-15-2008 00:34:57 | More by hippk9
Tone

Missouri

2.28/5  rDev +15.2%

Pours a clear, pale yellow with short head and poor retention. No lacing present. Smells of adjunct in a weak lager. Fits the style. Tastes of adjunct in a weak lager. Crisp with a slight dryness in the aftertaste. Low carbonation. Overall, not a real good beer.

12-14-2008 23:10:02 | More by Tone
WakeandBake

2.65/5  rDev +33.8%

Notes Sep 6, 2008
Vaguely yellow pour,Not much of an aroma,sweet cornish. Rather sweet taste and very light bodied with just some creamed corn flavor ,dull mouthfeel. No bitterness ,no hops,kind of skunky and bland,drinkable but not very good.A little better on tap but .

12-14-2008 22:15:42 | More by WakeandBake
Mistofminn

2.2/5  rDev +11.1%

This is just one of those beers everyone drinks in college. Its cheap, goes down like what, what more could you want?

No one really considers this a beer, its more of a cheap buzz. The only reason you would ever purchase this is with the intention of getting drunk, and fast at that. You wouldn't buy this for the taste.

Really the only upside is the drinkabliity. I'm not saying it's enjoyable, but it is definitely easy to down 6-12 on any given occasion.

12-12-2008 00:37:59 | More by Mistofminn
yesyouam

I don't think I've tried this since I was a teenager. It caused me to not like beer for years. Busch Beer is nearly colorless. It starts with a fragile white head and a lot of effervescence, but it all disappears in seconds. Yes, I poured it in a glass. There is barely any aroma; perhaps corn and butane. In the mouth, it feels like day-old Calistoga with some tannins added. The flavor is very faint. What is there is industrial grade cereal and... a farm full of chemicals. I know, I know: no additives. But, still... the Horror... the Horror...
(rated Jun 13, 2007)

12-11-2008 05:20:46 | More by yesyouam
wcudwight

2.4/5  rDev +21.2%

Comes in a camoflauged can. Who are they marketing this beer too? Hunters or the military? Either way both are heavily armed. Guns+alcohol=bad idea.
Can says cold as a mtn stream, smooth as the name. First of all, there is no internal force of this beer to control the temperature. Second, what's so smooth about the name, "Busch"? This beer is not even marketed well.
The color is pale by even adjunct lager standards. It's the palest yellow I've seen yet. Nice sized fizzy white head that (wait, what happened to the head?)
Smells like dried corn husk. Strangely this smell doesn't offend me. I don't really like the smell, but it doesn't offend me.
Heavy corn adjunct taste with some sweetness and graininess. It kind of taste like candy corn. Flavor wise you can do worse in a macro lager.
Mouthfeel is water with a bit of carbonation. That's it.
FOr what it is it's drinkable and you could do worse. You can also do a lot better though.
The can inspired me...I'm going to drink a Busch beer next time I have the rifle out.

12-10-2008 03:43:04 | More by wcudwight
BierFan

2.75/5  rDev +38.9%

Poured from a 24 ounce can into a tumbler glass.

Appearance: Bright clear yellow body with a big bubbly white head that didn't feel like sticking around for long.

Smell: Smells pretty good for macro swill. Sweet pale malts with a slight smell of some unknown adjunct grains.

Taste: The taste is much like the smell.

Mouthfeel: Pretty thin but it's way better than what Miller passes off as beer.

Drinkability: Goes down really smooth, making it good for getting drunk on the cheap if thats your thing.

11-29-2008 03:54:02 | More by BierFan
MTNboy

Germany

2.6/5  rDev +31.3%

It has plenty of off white head. There is only a little bit of lace. It has a golden body. It has a vague and plain smell. There is a little bit of graininess to the aroma and that is about it. He taste is also pretty basic. It is watery and grainy slightly adjunct. It is not as carbonated as most beers this cheap. It is not the worst of the cheap beers.

11-22-2008 16:18:15 | More by MTNboy
Macdoyal

Vermont

2.95/5  rDev +49%

Alrighty,

Appearance: Poured a light yellow with a nice tall white head which does stay long. There is lacing on the glass which is nice to see. Personally I find a more full golden color makes me thirsty.

Smell: Kind of smells sweet with a hint of booze. Nothing the write home about.

Taste: Very light malt taste kinda grassy. Sweet.

Mouthfeel: Crisp carbonation and refreshing consistency.

Drinkability: I can drink this without too many complaints but this kinda beer isn't forgiving and must be drank cold and it goes skunky very easy.

11-22-2008 05:57:36 | More by Macdoyal