Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
2.25/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Wow, this fits all the bad stereotypes of American beer. Very watery with little content. I thought I tasted a small hint of something (suger? corn?). Worthy enough to be labled a Light beer.

The appearance is pale yellow, wasn't very appealing. Although bright yellow would be worst. Smell is skunky.

A good side about this beer is that it doesn't have heavy additives to it, and despite the lack of taste (literally), it is kind of refreshing. If you want to chug down a bunch to get drunk, and it will take at least 10 of these, for super cheap, here you go.

2.68/5  rDev +35.4%

On tap many times at Moogy's on Chestnut Hill Ave in Brighton. I would rather have this for $1 than a Redhook or a stale Harpoon IPA for $3.50. Whatever.

This beer is pretty much average for the style. It pours a straw-yellow with a bit of a head into my clear-collored platic cup. There is not much a smell, to speak of. The taste is what I would expect...a bit of adjuncty corn, with a slight skunky, hoppy finish. This beer is pretty crisp, and finishes clean, so it works well for inexpensive session drinking.

1.23/5  rDev -37.9%

Another brew that I pick up once in a while to keep things grounded. Why? We would need a psycotherapist to determine that. Typical pale yellow, fizzy white head fades quickly, no lacing, champagne like carbonation.

Cooked vegetables, corn husk, grain, adjuncts. Sizzles a bit in the end and grinds on the back of my throat. Nothing truly offensive about this beer other than there is nothing of interest. Compared to its big daddy Budweiser it is very similar although I think this comes across weaker and more corn husk type flavor.

Notes: Ehhh I can drink these no problem, If your forced I could see this being used as a golf course beer if you must.

1.63/5  rDev -17.7%

Only drink this beer ICE COLD. Most people only drink this beer to get wasted, and if you open a warm one while already a bit tipsy, it may cause you to vomit all over your buddy's couch. If ice cold, however, it shouldn't be a problem.

I think I rated Bud Light higher than this, but if I'm going to actually drink shitty beer, I would probably save my money and buy this over Bud. I mean, the only reason to drink these beers is to get wasted so why spend more than you have to?

1.88/5  rDev -5.1%

Pale yellow with a medium, white, foamy, quickly and fully diminishing head. Smells of cooked veggie and weak grain. Taste is quite lame. A little crisp with a short lightly yeasty finish. It has a thin body and a soda-like texture. Even when compared to other cheapos, this stuff still sucks.

2.3/5  rDev +16.2%

As far as American macro lagers go, this isn't a very good one. Have it cold and it's not too bad. Let it warm up and taste the non-barley "cereal grain" (hey, at least they're up front on the label -- natural indeed). Watery, yet manages to have an unpleasant corn syrup flavor as well. Honestly, I prefer Busch Light.

1.25/5  rDev -36.9%

Appearance - Pale yellow with about a 1.5" of foam, along with carbonation bubbles.

Smell - Corn and skunky.

Taste - Watered down and disgusting like its Light counterpart. Avoid at all costs.

Drinkability - Gave me a headache after drinking it. Spend an extra 2 bucks and buy some Bud or Natty Lite instead.

2.2/5  rDev +11.1%

So, if I were to head for the mountains of Busch Beer this is what I'd find, eh? Well, if that's the case, I'm heading to some other mountain. And what's up with the statement on the can "Natural Aging - Natural Carbonation"....what the f'ing hell is that supposed to mean? Ohhhh boy, I can't wait to get my hands on some of that Busch Natural Carbonation, oh yeah. And what the hell would unnatural aging be? Would it be a freakin' time machine? Anyhow, enough of that.

My 24oz can born on Nov 8, '05 is remarkably blah. Big fluffy white head that lasted about 2 seconds and a smell the reeks of cheap beer, lots cereals, and a mish mash of odds and ends. Tastes like a mega-cheap beer but is actually barely palatable yet very watery.

Bottom line: You know what you're getting yourself into when you buy Busch Beer...a means of intoxication.

1.35/5  rDev -31.8%

Busch Light sucked, so I shall see if big brother can be any better.

Appearance: It pours an absolute, crystal clear, light gold with a big head that quickly leaves with a lot of lacing. It gets a 2 simply because of how clear it is. I was really surprised.

Smell: Plain, boring, everyday, cereal malts. Luckily nothing funky disgusting.

Taste: Um, I gotta try it again, I felt my mouth get wet but it came without taste. Okay, sugar water, just like the light version. But wait!, this comes with an alcoholic, slightly metallic, burn to finish it!

Mouthfeel: I had some water at dinner, it reminded me of this.

Drinkability: Easy to pound down, but with the slight, bad taste I don't want too.

Overall it is a waste of your time.Exactly like little brother but for pennies more.

1.85/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Poured a very pale yellow and crystal clear. Head was largish and white, and escaping carbonation bubbles were plainly visible. Adjuncty/corn in the nose and not much else. Didn't smell *bad* to me, but I don't think there are a lot of beers that do. Not much by way of hops or malt in the aroma.

Body was light and almost entirely devoid of character. Leaned a bit to the sweet side, but no malt flavor at all. Nothing really offensive about it, but nothing to recommend it either. Quite watery. You could drink a lot of it, but why would you want to?

Meh. If you want cheap American beer, Schlitz or High Life are the same price and much better tasting.

1.88/5  rDev -5.1%

This is pretty much the beer that I cut my teeth on as an underage youth. Cheap, easy to find, and sold in 6 packs of 16oz "tallboys", this was alsways a highschool party favorite. Pours the traditional macro dehydrated yellow with a fizzy head. Smells vile, really doesn't even smell like beer to be honest, more like just stale or hard water that comes from a really old dug well. taste about how it looks, watery and fizzy with nothing I would really call a flavor, more just a feeling of liquid in your mouth. After 2 or 3 of these they go down really easy and do the job for a cheap highschool buzz. The main redeeming factor of this beer is that it's cheaper than Bud and I think it actually is less offensive tasting and easier to drink. If you make more than 5 bucks an hour you should really be ashamed of yourself for buying this stuff.

Horrible, I can't really think of anything to say except...well nevermind. Anyway it pours a pale weak yellow with head that leaves instantaneously. The carbonation is ok I guess. It smells like a bag of ass. However you can drink them rapidly. It tastes like corn a handful of corn. They are very cheap and you can find them anywhere. Better than Natural light/ "Fratty Light"

pours a light yellow straw color. little head thats gone in about 10 seconds.

reeks of corn and thats about it.

tastes corny, just basic light beer taste. it's ok. better than Bud i would say

mouthfeel/drinkability: once u get going u can drink it, even though it sucks. it's cheap beer, what can u say

2.1/5  rDev +6.1%

Busch Beer Pours a nondescript macro amber from a 12oz aluminium pop top can. Head of white foam went to about two fingers before going poof! gone... no lace, no foam, no nothing.

Nose is a vague somewhat sour, damp bitter. Palate is a watery bitter, followed by the bight of carbonation.

A one dimensional brew for the masses, that would do better if it offered more.

The beer pours an ultra pale yellow color with a thick frothy white head that quickly fades to lacing. The aroma is average. It has a light pale malt and adjunct scent along with a slightly musty lager yeast aroma. The taste is average. It has a weak pale malt flavor with some hop bitterness and a dry musty finish. Adjuncts are present along with a musty aftertaste. The mouthfeel is average as well. It is a low bodied beer with good carbonation. This is your typical macro lager. It's light and refreshing, but devoid of any real beer flavor and/or aroma. It's drinks well, if you mean you can drink a lot of them in one sitting. Otherwise, it's one and done for me.

2.78/5  rDev +40.4%

A: Light in color. Very nice head, head retention and lacing for a cheap beer.
S: Weak. Couldn't smell any hops.
T: So-so. Tasted like beer...just kinda..there. Not much hop flavor or aroma.
M: Light bodied beer. About what you'd expect form a US macro beer.
D: Well, does go down easily. I can say that. It's not at all bad...just not very good.

Overall: What surprised me most about this cheap beer is the head and lacing. Almost by definition you can't have a nice head and lacing without a good brewing process and hopping. I think this beer is a blend of good brewing technology, practices and cheap ingredients. Just my opinion.

1.83/5  rDev -7.6%

My tail-gating friends shared this beer with my after they polished off my Stone IPA's. I got a raw deal on that trade. This beer is truely fascinating--how can something be flavorless and bad at the same time. I don't know if water is bad--it's flavorless so I don't know. Anyhow, this adjuct laiden beer actually has a fair body--by guess is from high use of rice. Other cereal grains are present but light. Flavors and characters from hops and barley are absent. The beer is light of dry and naturally papery and metalic. Light flavors and textures disappear quickly with a watery wash.

1.95/5  rDev -1.5%

A poor effort, even for a mainstream macro. Watery, with some astringent metallic notes. Barest hint of hops lurks somewhere in the depths, with hardly a ripple. Largely flavorless, with an odd synthetic character, as if this was something artificial trying to taste like beer. Blah.

This is hands down the absolute WORST beer i have ever had. It is cheap, but it isn't even 5% so not a get ripped for the value beer. I drank half of the big can and threw it away, I don't know how anyone could drink this. Most commonly bought by white trash. It tastes like they made synthetic beer in a laboratory, it is horrible. Not even drinkable. Drink one of these and you will think bud light is the best beer in the world. (I used to think bud light was the worst beer until I tried busch, now I give bud light some respect, at least it is actually drinkable and tastes remotley of beer) It is a misnomer to call the shit beer.

2.35/5  rDev +18.7%

This was my Dad's choice of beer growing up. Now I know what killed him! I remember he use to drink Budweiser, but switch when Busch started to be brewed because it was cheaper. If I drank as much as him I would switch to a cheaper beer also. To start with I can see why he could drink a case of this stuff per day because its watery, flavorless, and good for a buzz beer. This is my lowest rating so far for any beer.

2.23/5  rDev +12.6%

Pours pale straw with a two finger head. Poor head retention gives way to a dismal lack of lacing. Faint malt smell and taste, but overall pretty bland. Even for a smooth and drinkable macro, tasteless brew doesn't make the cut for a decent lawnmower beer.

2.3/5  rDev +16.2%

pours a pale pale yellow with a decent 1 finger head that surprisingly sticks around and leaves some nice lacing behind.
aroma was sweet malt, kind of like sugared corn with a very slight hint of lemon grass.
taste was simple, clean and not complex at all.
no real flavors stand out here but it was crisp and refreshing

2.65/5  rDev +33.8%

poured a pale yellow color with with a white puffy head that lasted most of the glass. Smell is slightly sweet with little malt and no hops detected. Taste is very ordinary with nothing unpleasant to note (but nothing pleasant either).Good as a spacer.

2.38/5  rDev +20.2%

This is a revisit. Why? Because its softball season and fizzy, yellow beer shows up in coolers after games played in 90-degree heat.

I'll start off by saying its been many years since I've drank Busch. This pours out to a regular, yellow in the glass (yes, I bring a cup to use after softball games, gotta have a little class ya know) with a decent-sized head. The aroma is slight, but has an essense of grain to it. The taste is not that bad. It actually has a little bit of flavor, with a light taste of green apple (believe it or not) and a slight sweetness on the finish. More taste bar none than its big brother Budweiser. Not to be confused with a good, craft beer, but it serves its place on a hot, summer evening after sweating, but so does a a hefe'....now if only more craft brewers were to get their beers in cans...

Well, a friend had this at a Fourth of July party, so I figured I would finally review it.

This one was a clear whiz-yellow beer with a low foamy fast-dissipating head.

The aroma, if I may use that word, was grassy, slightly grainy, and mildly hoppy. Not bad, but not good either. Rather uninspiring.

The taste was grainy, but not a corn adjunct. It was bland, kind of flat on the tongue (not the uncarbonated kind of flat), and not hoppy.

Mouthfeel was watery and thin. Drinkability... well, it was cold and wet, and it certainly wasn't as bad as Crazy Ed's.

Busch Beer from Anheuser-Busch