1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

Busch BeerBusch Beer

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
1.4/5  rDev -28.9%

NateoJ, Sep 01, 2014

Pmicdee, Sep 01, 2014

craft_shannie, Sep 01, 2014
3.03/5  rDev +53.8%

Feeling pretty good after that 24 oz. High Life! Hope I don't say anything embarrassing or incriminating! So let's review Busch!

Serving Style : 16 oz tall boy can poured into fiesta ware glass (freshly washed) for appearance

Appearance (3.75) : Whoa the head on this beer is freaking amazing! Four finger head! Was it the way I poured it? Man I don't care that's awesome! Recedes quick, a bit soapy in appearance. Leaves a sticky lacing around the glass. Why is this rated so low? Really great head (that's what I said about her)! Color is pale pale yellow, transparent as all get out. I could read a book through it (in fact I'm reading what I typed through it, ha!)

Smell (3): Crisp, clean waters. Faint corn, yeast, barley. A nice, sweet, non-alcohlic and non pungent smell. Very fresh. Very sweet.

Taste (2.5) : Someone remind me to just drink it out of the can next time. Out of a glass it tastes like water with some light corn seltzer...almost nothing going for it. Out of the can, it's a little bit of a different story - sharp carbonation hits with a smooth corn lager taste that's not quite absent but almost. It doesn't have a lot of taste, but... the beer just goes down smooth. I understand why it's only 120-some calories, lots of taste was put on the altar of sacrifice.

Mouthfeel (3) : Sharp carbonation, painful almost...and then watery, but smooth down the hatch. I think "smooth" is the best feature about this beer. I could drink these over and over until I pass out. I really like the mouthfeel with the burps and such with this one. A great boat beer.

Overall (3.03) : For what it is, it's not awful. It lags behind Budweiser, Coors, and High Life. Still not a bad macro. I can understand the poor reviews because it doesn't taste like much at all. That's the reason it's rated so low. I can agree with that. You're expecting flavor and you're like...WHAT was THAT?! There's nothing there. But man is it smooth. It goes down like your first prom date (oh man, there I go again...) and keeps coming back for more (oh stop it already.)

A smooth, crisp, delicious beer that lacks in flavor but makes up for it in feel.

The-Adjunct-Hippie, Sep 01, 2014

browniewithnuts, Aug 23, 2014

RKing44, Aug 22, 2014
3.08/5  rDev +56.3%

wheezlelump, Aug 22, 2014

Had this today, and I enjoyed it. To start off, it's domestic lager from U.S.A, so it gets some bias in my book. It's mostly clear, bright yellow, with a clean aroma. After taste is clean and short as well.

Tastes and feels good. I mean, I drank a whole quart quicker than I expected.

I bought a quart for $1.73 before tax, local; but I would pay $3.25-75.

Don't have much to say about this beer, except that I would recommend it for a party situation, when you want a lot of beer, or something to start off the night.

SonicAddict, Aug 21, 2014

Faroveryonder, Aug 21, 2014
1.25/5  rDev -36.5%

cfrobrew, Aug 20, 2014

Abbbp, Aug 20, 2014

This is what I refer to as "lake beer" or as my father says "lawnmower beer". Basically a great beer for a hot day spent outdoors. If you worked all day in the 103° heat sweating, tired and soar, and say someone gave you and ice cold can of Busch. You would think the sweet nectar of the gods was being poured down your gullet by the almighty hand of Zeus himself. Okay, maybe I'm embellishing a bit. The taste is average but it's very drinkable and enjoyable. I love all types of beers, even a $2 can of Busch. Next time you find yourself on a hot day get a cooler full of these and you might hear yourself say "you know, this is not bad at all "

mawkus76, Aug 20, 2014