Busch Beer | Anheuser-Busch

Busch BeerBusch Beer

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

Added by Todd on 11-20-2000

Reviews: 442 | Ratings: 1,600
1.96/5  rDev -7.1%

A poor effort, even for a mainstream macro. Watery, with some astringent metallic notes. Barest hint of hops lurks somewhere in the depths, with hardly a ripple. Largely flavorless, with an odd synthetic character, as if this was something artificial trying to taste like beer. Blah.

This is hands down the absolute WORST beer i have ever had. It is cheap, but it isn't even 5% so not a get ripped for the value beer. I drank half of the big can and threw it away, I don't know how anyone could drink this. Most commonly bought by white trash. It tastes like they made synthetic beer in a laboratory, it is horrible. Not even drinkable. Drink one of these and you will think bud light is the best beer in the world. (I used to think bud light was the worst beer until I tried busch, now I give bud light some respect, at least it is actually drinkable and tastes remotley of beer) It is a misnomer to call the shit beer.

2.37/5  rDev +12.3%

This was my Dad's choice of beer growing up. Now I know what killed him! I remember he use to drink Budweiser, but switch when Busch started to be brewed because it was cheaper. If I drank as much as him I would switch to a cheaper beer also. To start with I can see why he could drink a case of this stuff per day because its watery, flavorless, and good for a buzz beer. This is my lowest rating so far for any beer.

2.2/5  rDev +4.3%

Pours pale straw with a two finger head. Poor head retention gives way to a dismal lack of lacing. Faint malt smell and taste, but overall pretty bland. Even for a smooth and drinkable macro, tasteless brew doesn't make the cut for a decent lawnmower beer.

2.31/5  rDev +9.5%

pours a pale pale yellow with a decent 1 finger head that surprisingly sticks around and leaves some nice lacing behind.
aroma was sweet malt, kind of like sugared corn with a very slight hint of lemon grass.
taste was simple, clean and not complex at all.
no real flavors stand out here but it was crisp and refreshing

2.65/5  rDev +25.6%

poured a pale yellow color with with a white puffy head that lasted most of the glass. Smell is slightly sweet with little malt and no hops detected. Taste is very ordinary with nothing unpleasant to note (but nothing pleasant either).Good as a spacer.

2.35/5  rDev +11.4%

This is a revisit. Why? Because its softball season and fizzy, yellow beer shows up in coolers after games played in 90-degree heat.

I'll start off by saying its been many years since I've drank Busch. This pours out to a regular, yellow in the glass (yes, I bring a cup to use after softball games, gotta have a little class ya know) with a decent-sized head. The aroma is slight, but has an essense of grain to it. The taste is not that bad. It actually has a little bit of flavor, with a light taste of green apple (believe it or not) and a slight sweetness on the finish. More taste bar none than its big brother Budweiser. Not to be confused with a good, craft beer, but it serves its place on a hot, summer evening after sweating, but so does a a hefe'....now if only more craft brewers were to get their beers in cans...

Well, a friend had this at a Fourth of July party, so I figured I would finally review it.

This one was a clear whiz-yellow beer with a low foamy fast-dissipating head.

The aroma, if I may use that word, was grassy, slightly grainy, and mildly hoppy. Not bad, but not good either. Rather uninspiring.

The taste was grainy, but not a corn adjunct. It was bland, kind of flat on the tongue (not the uncarbonated kind of flat), and not hoppy.

Mouthfeel was watery and thin. Drinkability... well, it was cold and wet, and it certainly wasn't as bad as Crazy Ed's.

2.59/5  rDev +22.7%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

poured from can to glass. 1 plus finger billowy white head actually looks really good. looks can be deceiving. i think a-b spent many years formulating this one so it does not smell or taste. busch is not awful it is just so, nothing. dry, crisp, clean, typical.

1.65/5  rDev -21.8%

OK, for starters... I usually only use this beer to make chicken on the grill. I put the can inside the chicken and it makes a good meal. I decided to drink one, really only so I can give a rating on here as its been years since I had a Busch and it would not have been fair to rate it otherwise. So, now that i've tried it more recently, I still say this beer is bad stuff. But, I would give it a decent mark for the chicken! The can is the best part of this beer, in fact it tastes more like the can than beer. Its very cheap and you can tell with every sip. I would rather drink a coors than a busch and I would prefer neither but if there is nothing else of course I would take either :).

1.82/5  rDev -13.7%

busch beer, i do not know how to describe it, but the taste says CHEAP. "natural aging" isnt all aging natural? this beer has a pretty light taste for a non-light beer, less flavor than bud.the appearance and odor of this are nothign to brag about. the soul thing this beer had going for it is it's cheapness, which the flavor projects

2.08/5  rDev -1.4%

I'm not going to give this beer high marks, it just doesn't deserve it. But I do believe that out of the macros, it is getting a bad reputation for no reason.

Obviously if you're paying $3.99 for a six pack of tall boys, you aren't expecting anything spectacular. For the price, Busch offers something drinkable that goes down easy and will do the job. The taste is somewhat sour, but if had cold Busch will still satisfy one's urge for a beer.

It pours weak, it tastes weak, it feels weak, and smells worse. But Busch is meant for drunk fishing trips, college parties, and other such events. For that it is a great cheap beer. You could do worse than Busch in this price bracket.

12 oz. can, "born on" 4/22/05. Pours into the pint glass a pale yellow with a 1 finger white head that leaves no lacing. Smells of adjuncts, skunk, and a bit of metal. Tingly, clean, and tasteless with a light body that is meant to be consumed in large quantities.

2.23/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Oh the memories I have associated with this beer. It's tough for me to refer to it as even Busch....because in my head it is forever engrained as "BUSCH POUNDERS" cause in my highschool days it was all I bought. It was the cheapest pounders you could possibly get. Back in the day, I didn't mind the taste and after six Busch pounders....I didn't mind much of anything. So cheers to the memories, but now with a much more educated palate I must review this beer....which probably won't be a kindly review.

Appearance: Pale straw yellow with a sickly piss hue to it. Small half a finger head formed after a tough pour. Looks like your average macro to me.

Smell: Cereal and corn adjuncts....some malts as well.

Taste: Tight carbonation and a low serving temperature help this beer out alil. This beer has little taste at all, which is probably the intent. The little bit of taste that is in this beer comes in a short little burst...it goes something like this: thin cheap malts that are kinda sweet, a good kick of adjuncts that taste like corn, and then alcohol. The only lingering taste is the corn...which tastes like swill.

Mouthfeel: Thin bodied and crisp carbonation.

Drinkability: I've sessioned this beer so many times that I have to give it a high drinkability

Overall a below average adjunct macro. Stay away from this one.

2.5/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Just like it's light counterpart, this brew is not too terrible for being dirt cheap. Poured out to a decent yellow color with a bubbly head that dissipated rather fast. Scent of corn and malt were most noted. Flavors of corn, herbs and barley were present, as was a watery quality that I would expect in a light beer, not a full flavor such as this. Nonetheless, quite refreshing, but there are better beers out there at the same price.

1.85/5  rDev -12.3%

Very light straw, almost clear color. Not much head to speak of. Not much smell to speak of either, with light grainy, slight tanginess. Mouthfeel, blah, weak. Tastes of grain and water. Finishes weak with a little bit of funk lingering, followed by some metallic flavor. Not one I would buy, but if it's hot, I'm out, and some are in the communal fridge...

Presentation: My Busch bottle was brewed under license by Labatt in Canada.

Appearance: It pours a very, very light apple cider yellow with too much carbonation.

Smell: It is average. The first aroma was quite good, but it got that soap smell too.

Taste: Its flavour is quite light with some corn adjunct flavour. It is like Bud Light.

Mouthfeel: It is very thin and too many carbonation bubbles.

Drinkability: Cheap priced, but as soon as you will try something else better, you won't get back to it.

2.02/5  rDev -4.3%

This is a real "nothing" beer. Pours a vaguely yellow color, looking more like contaminated water than beer.

Strange corn-meal smell, with minimal low-quality hop aroma tucked away behind whatever it is that stinks in this brew.

Taste is equally as unimpressive. Nearly flavorless, the most you get from this beer is a slightly sweet corn-syrupy flavor and a lot of carbonation in the beginning. Watery and thin, but something that goes down easy so the drinkability is bumped up slightly.

Blargh.

2.98/5  rDev +41.2%

Clear straw. Fluffy white head with some retention. Carbonation is cleary evident in the glass, but doesn't look too vigorous. Grainy sweetness on the nose and a little malt, but not a lot of adjunct like sweetness. The flavor is smooth, if not of note in any way. Soft malts and grainy sweetness make up the bulk of it. Slightest bit of corn. Mouthfeel is agreeable, but could use just a titch less gas. Really not too bad for a macro. One I'd reach for if only macros were available to me.

Dumped into a mug, this brew has a sudsy bright white head and a watery yellow body. As the head deflates, some soapy scraps of lace stick to the glass. Smell: saccharine sweetness wrapped around an old lemon rind twang. Taste: not much taste to mention. A nearly one-dimensional scrape of flat sweetness with a very slight bitterness, barely noticeable. The aftertaste is atrocious -- tastes like trash. Mouthfeel: watery. Can you tell how much I'm loving this? Chug-a-lug.

2.28/5  rDev +8.1%

Heres another doozy that you can tell what it tastes like based on the price. $9.75 for a case, and thats with 24x$.05 worth of deposit. Typical for canned beers- pale straw colored liquid, Bugspray scent, adjunts punctuated by hints of malt and hop, thin mouthed, and only drinkable if you are on a mission. Most of you wouldnt enjoy this one, so i cant recommend it.

2.58/5  rDev +22.3%

Ah, just had to review the ol’ float trip beer. Brother-in-law and I always stock a cooler and down the Big Piney river in Missouri we go. Ya, it’s the minimum in beer; slight blond color, weak aroma and a disappearing head. But it does slide down well on a 90 degree day and is lite in alcohol - so a couple points for drinkability. Straight from the bottle is better than the can version (duh!) But cans only on float trips………and don’t litter!

2.13/5  rDev +0.9%

There was a forum posting a while back about "old man" beer. I had to laugh a little since I always have some of this in my fridge (hey, its cheap alright). This week I consumed my last Falstaff and replaced this offering with Busch, on sale $10.49 a case of cans. I felt obligated. I am a big NASCAR fan and the Daytona 500 is only 25 days away. But hey we want to know about the beer right? Not much to say about the beer.

Appearance: Pale straw, bubbly, macro with no head. I can't believe I poured this into my favorite Husker pint glass, its tainted for life.

Smell: Sweet adjuncts slightly noticeable otherwise bad smelling water.

Taste: Slightly sweet, some grains and/or rice noticed, or did I want there to be something?

Mouthfeel: Light bodied, carbonated, unoffensive.

Drinkabiltiy: An ok beer to "pound" if you want, but there are others out there that are better for this purpose (if that's possible).

Back in the day we called this "High Octane" (a reference to its sponsorship of the NASCAR Busch series). Now I should just call it "Brain Cell Killer" cause that's all it really does. Gave a decent review to Busch Light because of the nostalgia, but sorry, not this time. Unless you're a regular drinker, don't waste you're time but if you're on BA you probably already know that now don't you?

1.22/5  rDev -42.2%

Very light straw yellow color, moderate bubbly head fades into nothingness quickly. Smells very lightly of cereal grains, corn and rice, with no hops or decent malt presence. Taste is skunky and boring, moderately sweet, just bad beer brewed for red states and Nascar. There are better beer bargains than this bland boring "beer". Avoid.

1.95/5  rDev -7.6%

Okay...my parents bought me a 30-pack as a sort of "Back to College" gift (gotta love the educational message there), so I might as well review it.

Look: Straw yellow. A thin white head that disappears before the glass reaches your mouth.

Smell: Awful. The smell is the worst part of most macrobeers, and Busch is just about the skunkiest of the bunch.

Taste: Inoffensive, typical macro corn taste. If you can get past the smell, the taste isn't that bad. It has an artificial sweetness to it, though, almost as if they added some corn syrup to it. Not very appetizing.

I usually try to go easy on macrobrews, since they serve a different purpose and cater to a different market (no, I don't mean alcoholics) than most micros. This review may seem harsh, but Busch really isn't all that different than most mainstream American lagers. There are way, way better ones available for the price, though.

Busch Beer from Anheuser-Busch