Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

Busch BeerBusch Beer

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
Reviews: 423 | Hads: 1,531

Dumped into a mug, this brew has a sudsy bright white head and a watery yellow body. As the head deflates, some soapy scraps of lace stick to the glass. Smell: saccharine sweetness wrapped around an old lemon rind twang. Taste: not much taste to mention. A nearly one-dimensional scrape of flat sweetness with a very slight bitterness, barely noticeable. The aftertaste is atrocious -- tastes like trash. Mouthfeel: watery. Can you tell how much I'm loving this? Chug-a-lug.

2.28/5  rDev +8.6%

Heres another doozy that you can tell what it tastes like based on the price. $9.75 for a case, and thats with 24x$.05 worth of deposit. Typical for canned beers- pale straw colored liquid, Bugspray scent, adjunts punctuated by hints of malt and hop, thin mouthed, and only drinkable if you are on a mission. Most of you wouldnt enjoy this one, so i cant recommend it.

2.58/5  rDev +22.9%

Ah, just had to review the ol’ float trip beer. Brother-in-law and I always stock a cooler and down the Big Piney river in Missouri we go. Ya, it’s the minimum in beer; slight blond color, weak aroma and a disappearing head. But it does slide down well on a 90 degree day and is lite in alcohol - so a couple points for drinkability. Straight from the bottle is better than the can version (duh!) But cans only on float trips………and don’t litter!

2.13/5  rDev +1.4%

There was a forum posting a while back about "old man" beer. I had to laugh a little since I always have some of this in my fridge (hey, its cheap alright). This week I consumed my last Falstaff and replaced this offering with Busch, on sale $10.49 a case of cans. I felt obligated. I am a big NASCAR fan and the Daytona 500 is only 25 days away. But hey we want to know about the beer right? Not much to say about the beer.

Appearance: Pale straw, bubbly, macro with no head. I can't believe I poured this into my favorite Husker pint glass, its tainted for life.

Smell: Sweet adjuncts slightly noticeable otherwise bad smelling water.

Taste: Slightly sweet, some grains and/or rice noticed, or did I want there to be something?

Mouthfeel: Light bodied, carbonated, unoffensive.

Drinkabiltiy: An ok beer to "pound" if you want, but there are others out there that are better for this purpose (if that's possible).

Back in the day we called this "High Octane" (a reference to its sponsorship of the NASCAR Busch series). Now I should just call it "Brain Cell Killer" cause that's all it really does. Gave a decent review to Busch Light because of the nostalgia, but sorry, not this time. Unless you're a regular drinker, don't waste you're time but if you're on BA you probably already know that now don't you?

1.22/5  rDev -41.9%

Very light straw yellow color, moderate bubbly head fades into nothingness quickly. Smells very lightly of cereal grains, corn and rice, with no hops or decent malt presence. Taste is skunky and boring, moderately sweet, just bad beer brewed for red states and Nascar. There are better beer bargains than this bland boring "beer". Avoid.

1.95/5  rDev -7.1%

Okay...my parents bought me a 30-pack as a sort of "Back to College" gift (gotta love the educational message there), so I might as well review it.

Look: Straw yellow. A thin white head that disappears before the glass reaches your mouth.

Smell: Awful. The smell is the worst part of most macrobeers, and Busch is just about the skunkiest of the bunch.

Taste: Inoffensive, typical macro corn taste. If you can get past the smell, the taste isn't that bad. It has an artificial sweetness to it, though, almost as if they added some corn syrup to it. Not very appetizing.

I usually try to go easy on macrobrews, since they serve a different purpose and cater to a different market (no, I don't mean alcoholics) than most micros. This review may seem harsh, but Busch really isn't all that different than most mainstream American lagers. There are way, way better ones available for the price, though.

2.17/5  rDev +3.3%

Busch beer....the infamous....here we go

Appearance-fizzy head on top of a dirty yellow color, the head dissapears in seconds in the pint glass.

Smell-clean and somehow sweet, corn is prevalent along with some grain, I don't know where the sweetness comes from but it's not very good.

Taste-Too clean and sweet again, almost like sugar water, the alcohol is there with a light grainy finish, but nothing else to speak of.

Mouthfeel-fairly thin and watery, not much there except for a sweet finish on the toungue, aftertaste is ok I guess.

Drinkability-It's fairly light and I suppose you could have as many as you want, I perfer to go with something better tasting personally.

Overall-simply not a very good beer, sub-premium priced so that's the crowd it's aimed at. There are much better choices so pay a little more for much better beer.

1.48/5  rDev -29.5%

More than just straw yellow (or is that less than?), Busch is *pale* straw yellow and is one of the lightest, non-light, non-low carb beers that I've ever seen. Just for fun, I read a few paragraphs from "All About Beer" through the glass. The blindingly white head is exceedingly light and airy, falls to a thin film in minutes and leaves the glass free of that pesky lace that only has to be washed off anyway.

The nose manages to be both weak and offensive, a neat trick. It smells like vegetable matter and mud mingled with a faint graininess. This is quite possibly the least aromatic adjunct lager nose yet, although probably not the worst. Might this be Busch Light in the wrong can?

There isn't a great deal of flavor, but what's there manages to offend. It tastes like sour, husk-riddled grain with a nasty finish that causes a minor, yet uncontrollable, grimace. Busch Beer gives new meaning to the phrase "I couldn't keep a straight face". Needless to say, the body is thin to the point of cachexia and the mouthfeel is indistinguishable from carbonated water.

I'm not sure why I bought this can. I think I had some grand designs on doing a comparison review that was ultimately done with Bud Ice and Natural Ice. Besides, it was getting well on past its 'born on' date so I thought I'd clear it out of my beer fridge. How I would tell if it was past its prime though, I haven't the foggiest idea.

It has been a little over 4 years since my last sampling this beer, and once I thought it quite drinkable. The beer pours from the bottle a light gold with a modest frothy white head and some thin lace to conceal the glass. Nose is all malt, crisp and clean, start is lightly sweet with a fair grain profile, top is thin. Finish is prickly in its acidity and the hops adequate, very dry aftertaste.

1.22/5  rDev -41.9%

It appears to be a basically flavorless beer, unfortunately it isn’t. I try to rate beer based on it's category, and if I compare this to other macro lagers it still doesn't fare well. It is pale straw in color with a thin white head though it looks a little watery. Not much aroma at all, and the flavor has that corn yeasty aftertaste. It feels watery also. It is what it is, cheap beer.

Bottle: This is very similar to other macro beers except maybe a bit sweeter. I sometime wonder if people notice that macro beers all taste very similar in the end. Anyway, my uncle seems to really enjoy this last time I went to his place and I had this for a drink.

2.86/5  rDev +36.2%

The pour was a light yellow with a quick one finger head that was gone so fast hell I barely saw it.

The smell was standard American macro, heavy in malt with a light fruit undertone.

The drink started with alot of carbonation the middle was a slight malt kick and the finish was very light and watery.

This does make good lawnmower beer, no more no less.

2.11/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Pale yellow colour with a large white head. Smells like a macro lager. Taste, what taste? Kinda grainy I guess, with adjuncts a plenty. Light in the mouth, full of carbonation. Of course its drinkable! Nothing really offensive about this. I could easily drink more than few, but I don't like the idea of supporting Anheuser-Busch.

2.8/5  rDev +33.3%

My emergency beer. Hedge. Shrub. Sure, I would buy lots of beer for a party but I always kept a 40 oz Busch in the fridge, When everyone else ran out of beer, I always had my 40.

Older and wiser, everybody looks down on this beer except my brother. Of course, with my changing tastes, even my bro looks down on PBR and Genesee.

This beer starts out light and leaves a weak taste. Easy to drink 3,4,5 of these because it's cool and crisp on summer days. It also pounds well when on a paddle boat working up a sweat out on a river. Ahh but times have changed.

This is a beer I only bought because it was acceptable for the $$$, now the price has gone up to match Miller High Life. (Still not much, but when I can get a case of PBR or a 30 of Genny for $2 cheaper on average, with much better flavor, Busch has become a favorite beer of the past.)

(Besides the 40, I loved 16 oz cans. Pounders for 2.99. Ahhh, memories.)

1.4/5  rDev -33.3%

It pours really, really light with almost no head. It tastes the way that pee smells.

After drinking one of these my stomach felt like it had been kicked by a horse, and I can usually hold my beer pretty darn well. If you like feeling sick you should drink this.

1.23/5  rDev -41.4%

Offered one of these in a deeply chilled bottle at a buddy's place after a hot day cutting dead fall on his acerage...what the heck...it was cold and wet.. Looked like weak, chilled urine in color...no odor except a funky corn smell. Highly carbonated, weak little white head. Tasted like a near beer with a bit more body...weak watery tasteless...you COULD down a dozen of these in a sitting and not know you had been drinking beer with the exception of frequent bathroom breaks. About the best part of dowing one of these is the incredible belch you can emit from the ample carbonation....then bite the neck of the bottle off for full effect and in respect of the great "bubba" quaffing tradition. A great drink to take to the tractor pulls or a hog wrastlin’ match.

2.77/5  rDev +31.9%

Pours a pale straw color with a ton of carbonation and a pretty decent head for a cheap beer. The aroma is a sour corn grist that is on the more offensive side of average. The taste is sort of the mainstream corn taste with some sweetness that seems to somewhat resemble some malt. There is a slight aftertaste but it is not the usual metallic blandness of most micros. I'm not sure if I can explain why, but I don't mind this stuff. I actually prefer this to Bud and Coors.

Wanted to see how this differs from Bud, with corn being used instead of rice.
Pours a pale gold, topped with a two finger crackling head, it's definitely well carbonated and fizzy.
Light grain and corn/vegetable aroma.
Sweet tasting, corn, and cooked vegetable.
Light bodied, a bit rough around the edges, not as smooth as it's rice cousin. And this definitely needs to be ice cold to get down.

2.03/5  rDev -3.3%

Not absolutely terrible, or really all that much different from Budweiser. Cheaper, too. But it has to be cold. Gives me a headache, in the same way Budweiser does. And really, don't be like a certain family member of mine and embarass yourself by bringing this to a serious family gathering.

2.28/5  rDev +8.6%

This beer is pretty bad. It has an odd, metallic sort of after-taste. Cheaper than it's cousin Bud Light, and I personally think better tasting than it too. Not a beer I'de buy everyday, but it does fill the gap between Beast and expensive flagship Macro's quite nicely.

2.25/5  rDev +7.1%

A very pale color and a super charged white head that drops like a souffle describe this brew's appearance.

My search for an aroma yields only vague grassy smells.

Taste can best be described as inoffensive, or maybe crisp as the manufacturer likes to say. Honestly, the label calls it "cereal grain" and that slight sweetness is the corn. It's the adjunct I grew up with! I like it better than rice.

The finish leaves you searching for something and that, I guess, is one definition of Drinkability.

Honestly- It ain't good but I feel a whole lot of hostility toward the family whose name this beer carries. Blind, this beer is over a 2 score.

1.6/5  rDev -23.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

12 oz can

Apperance: No head retention, baby piss yellow. No lacing.

Nose: Light, LIGHT fruit aroma, and thats pushing it. Thats about it.

Taste: Crisp and very bubbly on the tounge at first. Im trying really hard, but I can't pair it with anything. Maybe corn, but not sweet corn.

2.25/5  rDev +7.1%

To me the beer is o0bviously not one of the top ones but its much better than other lagers that are more expensive. The only thing that I really didn't like was hoe it felt in my tounge after I frist sipped it. I just felt nothing, it was bland but not a bad beer to hold on one hand will holding a steak ready to grill on the other.

Pours a pale yellow brew, it beats Michelob Ultra.

Smell is mostly grain and a faint hop trace.

Taste is mildly sweet and corny, rice in there too.

Mouthfeel is unremarkable, it's not quite water, but less than bud.

It's drinkable, as a cheap in offensive Alcohol delivery device way.

2.16/5  rDev +2.9%

I have a soft spot for Busch beer since I remember drinking this with my father on fishing trips and sitting around watching baseball games, that said this beer isn't that good.

Look: Comes in a 12 oz can but I bought the 16oz (pint) tallcan. Pours a straw yellow with no head what so ever.

Smell: Smell is very hard to trace, very funky and smells more of poultry than beer or barley or hops.

Taste: Taste is very wattery, definetely a summer beer or fishing trip beer, not a beer to order at a bar or even drink at home.

Busch Beer from Anheuser-Busch