Join our email list →

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

American Adjunct Lager | 4.30% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
Reviews: 433 | Hads: 1,578
1.65/5  rDev -21.4%

OK, for starters... I usually only use this beer to make chicken on the grill. I put the can inside the chicken and it makes a good meal. I decided to drink one, really only so I can give a rating on here as its been years since I had a Busch and it would not have been fair to rate it otherwise. So, now that i've tried it more recently, I still say this beer is bad stuff. But, I would give it a decent mark for the chicken! The can is the best part of this beer, in fact it tastes more like the can than beer. Its very cheap and you can tell with every sip. I would rather drink a coors than a busch and I would prefer neither but if there is nothing else of course I would take either :).

1.82/5  rDev -13.3%

busch beer, i do not know how to describe it, but the taste says CHEAP. "natural aging" isnt all aging natural? this beer has a pretty light taste for a non-light beer, less flavor than bud.the appearance and odor of this are nothign to brag about. the soul thing this beer had going for it is it's cheapness, which the flavor projects

2.08/5  rDev -1%

I'm not going to give this beer high marks, it just doesn't deserve it. But I do believe that out of the macros, it is getting a bad reputation for no reason.

Obviously if you're paying $3.99 for a six pack of tall boys, you aren't expecting anything spectacular. For the price, Busch offers something drinkable that goes down easy and will do the job. The taste is somewhat sour, but if had cold Busch will still satisfy one's urge for a beer.

It pours weak, it tastes weak, it feels weak, and smells worse. But Busch is meant for drunk fishing trips, college parties, and other such events. For that it is a great cheap beer. You could do worse than Busch in this price bracket.

12 oz. can, "born on" 4/22/05. Pours into the pint glass a pale yellow with a 1 finger white head that leaves no lacing. Smells of adjuncts, skunk, and a bit of metal. Tingly, clean, and tasteless with a light body that is meant to be consumed in large quantities.

2.23/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Oh the memories I have associated with this beer. It's tough for me to refer to it as even Busch....because in my head it is forever engrained as "BUSCH POUNDERS" cause in my highschool days it was all I bought. It was the cheapest pounders you could possibly get. Back in the day, I didn't mind the taste and after six Busch pounders....I didn't mind much of anything. So cheers to the memories, but now with a much more educated palate I must review this beer....which probably won't be a kindly review.

Appearance: Pale straw yellow with a sickly piss hue to it. Small half a finger head formed after a tough pour. Looks like your average macro to me.

Smell: Cereal and corn adjuncts....some malts as well.

Taste: Tight carbonation and a low serving temperature help this beer out alil. This beer has little taste at all, which is probably the intent. The little bit of taste that is in this beer comes in a short little burst...it goes something like this: thin cheap malts that are kinda sweet, a good kick of adjuncts that taste like corn, and then alcohol. The only lingering taste is the corn...which tastes like swill.

Mouthfeel: Thin bodied and crisp carbonation.

Drinkability: I've sessioned this beer so many times that I have to give it a high drinkability

Overall a below average adjunct macro. Stay away from this one.

2.5/5  rDev +19%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Just like it's light counterpart, this brew is not too terrible for being dirt cheap. Poured out to a decent yellow color with a bubbly head that dissipated rather fast. Scent of corn and malt were most noted. Flavors of corn, herbs and barley were present, as was a watery quality that I would expect in a light beer, not a full flavor such as this. Nonetheless, quite refreshing, but there are better beers out there at the same price.

1.85/5  rDev -11.9%

Very light straw, almost clear color. Not much head to speak of. Not much smell to speak of either, with light grainy, slight tanginess. Mouthfeel, blah, weak. Tastes of grain and water. Finishes weak with a little bit of funk lingering, followed by some metallic flavor. Not one I would buy, but if it's hot, I'm out, and some are in the communal fridge...

Presentation: My Busch bottle was brewed under license by Labatt in Canada.

Appearance: It pours a very, very light apple cider yellow with too much carbonation.

Smell: It is average. The first aroma was quite good, but it got that soap smell too.

Taste: Its flavour is quite light with some corn adjunct flavour. It is like Bud Light.

Mouthfeel: It is very thin and too many carbonation bubbles.

Drinkability: Cheap priced, but as soon as you will try something else better, you won't get back to it.

2.02/5  rDev -3.8%

This is a real "nothing" beer. Pours a vaguely yellow color, looking more like contaminated water than beer.

Strange corn-meal smell, with minimal low-quality hop aroma tucked away behind whatever it is that stinks in this brew.

Taste is equally as unimpressive. Nearly flavorless, the most you get from this beer is a slightly sweet corn-syrupy flavor and a lot of carbonation in the beginning. Watery and thin, but something that goes down easy so the drinkability is bumped up slightly.

Blargh.

2.98/5  rDev +41.9%

Clear straw. Fluffy white head with some retention. Carbonation is cleary evident in the glass, but doesn't look too vigorous. Grainy sweetness on the nose and a little malt, but not a lot of adjunct like sweetness. The flavor is smooth, if not of note in any way. Soft malts and grainy sweetness make up the bulk of it. Slightest bit of corn. Mouthfeel is agreeable, but could use just a titch less gas. Really not too bad for a macro. One I'd reach for if only macros were available to me.

Dumped into a mug, this brew has a sudsy bright white head and a watery yellow body. As the head deflates, some soapy scraps of lace stick to the glass. Smell: saccharine sweetness wrapped around an old lemon rind twang. Taste: not much taste to mention. A nearly one-dimensional scrape of flat sweetness with a very slight bitterness, barely noticeable. The aftertaste is atrocious -- tastes like trash. Mouthfeel: watery. Can you tell how much I'm loving this? Chug-a-lug.

2.28/5  rDev +8.6%

Heres another doozy that you can tell what it tastes like based on the price. $9.75 for a case, and thats with 24x$.05 worth of deposit. Typical for canned beers- pale straw colored liquid, Bugspray scent, adjunts punctuated by hints of malt and hop, thin mouthed, and only drinkable if you are on a mission. Most of you wouldnt enjoy this one, so i cant recommend it.

2.58/5  rDev +22.9%

Ah, just had to review the ol’ float trip beer. Brother-in-law and I always stock a cooler and down the Big Piney river in Missouri we go. Ya, it’s the minimum in beer; slight blond color, weak aroma and a disappearing head. But it does slide down well on a 90 degree day and is lite in alcohol - so a couple points for drinkability. Straight from the bottle is better than the can version (duh!) But cans only on float trips………and don’t litter!

2.13/5  rDev +1.4%

There was a forum posting a while back about "old man" beer. I had to laugh a little since I always have some of this in my fridge (hey, its cheap alright). This week I consumed my last Falstaff and replaced this offering with Busch, on sale $10.49 a case of cans. I felt obligated. I am a big NASCAR fan and the Daytona 500 is only 25 days away. But hey we want to know about the beer right? Not much to say about the beer.

Appearance: Pale straw, bubbly, macro with no head. I can't believe I poured this into my favorite Husker pint glass, its tainted for life.

Smell: Sweet adjuncts slightly noticeable otherwise bad smelling water.

Taste: Slightly sweet, some grains and/or rice noticed, or did I want there to be something?

Mouthfeel: Light bodied, carbonated, unoffensive.

Drinkabiltiy: An ok beer to "pound" if you want, but there are others out there that are better for this purpose (if that's possible).

Back in the day we called this "High Octane" (a reference to its sponsorship of the NASCAR Busch series). Now I should just call it "Brain Cell Killer" cause that's all it really does. Gave a decent review to Busch Light because of the nostalgia, but sorry, not this time. Unless you're a regular drinker, don't waste you're time but if you're on BA you probably already know that now don't you?

1.22/5  rDev -41.9%

Very light straw yellow color, moderate bubbly head fades into nothingness quickly. Smells very lightly of cereal grains, corn and rice, with no hops or decent malt presence. Taste is skunky and boring, moderately sweet, just bad beer brewed for red states and Nascar. There are better beer bargains than this bland boring "beer". Avoid.

1.95/5  rDev -7.1%

Okay...my parents bought me a 30-pack as a sort of "Back to College" gift (gotta love the educational message there), so I might as well review it.

Look: Straw yellow. A thin white head that disappears before the glass reaches your mouth.

Smell: Awful. The smell is the worst part of most macrobeers, and Busch is just about the skunkiest of the bunch.

Taste: Inoffensive, typical macro corn taste. If you can get past the smell, the taste isn't that bad. It has an artificial sweetness to it, though, almost as if they added some corn syrup to it. Not very appetizing.

I usually try to go easy on macrobrews, since they serve a different purpose and cater to a different market (no, I don't mean alcoholics) than most micros. This review may seem harsh, but Busch really isn't all that different than most mainstream American lagers. There are way, way better ones available for the price, though.

2.17/5  rDev +3.3%

Busch beer....the infamous....here we go

Appearance-fizzy head on top of a dirty yellow color, the head dissapears in seconds in the pint glass.

Smell-clean and somehow sweet, corn is prevalent along with some grain, I don't know where the sweetness comes from but it's not very good.

Taste-Too clean and sweet again, almost like sugar water, the alcohol is there with a light grainy finish, but nothing else to speak of.

Mouthfeel-fairly thin and watery, not much there except for a sweet finish on the toungue, aftertaste is ok I guess.

Drinkability-It's fairly light and I suppose you could have as many as you want, I perfer to go with something better tasting personally.

Overall-simply not a very good beer, sub-premium priced so that's the crowd it's aimed at. There are much better choices so pay a little more for much better beer.

1.48/5  rDev -29.5%

More than just straw yellow (or is that less than?), Busch is *pale* straw yellow and is one of the lightest, non-light, non-low carb beers that I've ever seen. Just for fun, I read a few paragraphs from "All About Beer" through the glass. The blindingly white head is exceedingly light and airy, falls to a thin film in minutes and leaves the glass free of that pesky lace that only has to be washed off anyway.

The nose manages to be both weak and offensive, a neat trick. It smells like vegetable matter and mud mingled with a faint graininess. This is quite possibly the least aromatic adjunct lager nose yet, although probably not the worst. Might this be Busch Light in the wrong can?

There isn't a great deal of flavor, but what's there manages to offend. It tastes like sour, husk-riddled grain with a nasty finish that causes a minor, yet uncontrollable, grimace. Busch Beer gives new meaning to the phrase "I couldn't keep a straight face". Needless to say, the body is thin to the point of cachexia and the mouthfeel is indistinguishable from carbonated water.

I'm not sure why I bought this can. I think I had some grand designs on doing a comparison review that was ultimately done with Bud Ice and Natural Ice. Besides, it was getting well on past its 'born on' date so I thought I'd clear it out of my beer fridge. How I would tell if it was past its prime though, I haven't the foggiest idea.

It has been a little over 4 years since my last sampling this beer, and once I thought it quite drinkable. The beer pours from the bottle a light gold with a modest frothy white head and some thin lace to conceal the glass. Nose is all malt, crisp and clean, start is lightly sweet with a fair grain profile, top is thin. Finish is prickly in its acidity and the hops adequate, very dry aftertaste.

1.22/5  rDev -41.9%

It appears to be a basically flavorless beer, unfortunately it isn’t. I try to rate beer based on it's category, and if I compare this to other macro lagers it still doesn't fare well. It is pale straw in color with a thin white head though it looks a little watery. Not much aroma at all, and the flavor has that corn yeasty aftertaste. It feels watery also. It is what it is, cheap beer.

Bottle: This is very similar to other macro beers except maybe a bit sweeter. I sometime wonder if people notice that macro beers all taste very similar in the end. Anyway, my uncle seems to really enjoy this last time I went to his place and I had this for a drink.

2.86/5  rDev +36.2%

The pour was a light yellow with a quick one finger head that was gone so fast hell I barely saw it.

The smell was standard American macro, heavy in malt with a light fruit undertone.

The drink started with alot of carbonation the middle was a slight malt kick and the finish was very light and watery.

This does make good lawnmower beer, no more no less.

2.11/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Pale yellow colour with a large white head. Smells like a macro lager. Taste, what taste? Kinda grainy I guess, with adjuncts a plenty. Light in the mouth, full of carbonation. Of course its drinkable! Nothing really offensive about this. I could easily drink more than few, but I don't like the idea of supporting Anheuser-Busch.

2.8/5  rDev +33.3%

My emergency beer. Hedge. Shrub. Sure, I would buy lots of beer for a party but I always kept a 40 oz Busch in the fridge, When everyone else ran out of beer, I always had my 40.

Older and wiser, everybody looks down on this beer except my brother. Of course, with my changing tastes, even my bro looks down on PBR and Genesee.

This beer starts out light and leaves a weak taste. Easy to drink 3,4,5 of these because it's cool and crisp on summer days. It also pounds well when on a paddle boat working up a sweat out on a river. Ahh but times have changed.

This is a beer I only bought because it was acceptable for the $$$, now the price has gone up to match Miller High Life. (Still not much, but when I can get a case of PBR or a 30 of Genny for $2 cheaper on average, with much better flavor, Busch has become a favorite beer of the past.)

(Besides the 40, I loved 16 oz cans. Pounders for 2.99. Ahhh, memories.)

1.4/5  rDev -33.3%

It pours really, really light with almost no head. It tastes the way that pee smells.

After drinking one of these my stomach felt like it had been kicked by a horse, and I can usually hold my beer pretty darn well. If you like feeling sick you should drink this.

Busch Beer from Anheuser-Busch