Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

Busch BeerBusch Beer

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
Reviews: 423 | Hads: 1,531
3.21/5  rDev +52.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Poured from a 24oz can into a glass mug. First time drinking it.

A- Golden yellow. Lots of bubbles streaming up. One finger head that fizzles away quickly. No lacing.

S- Slight corn, malts, fresh water. Not offensive.

T- Malts up front, corn, no hops or bitterness. It tastes kind of like a super light malt liquor. Clean.

M- Lots of prickly carbonation. Slightly watery, but has more of a body to it. Leaves a slick feeling in the mouth.

Drinkability- Easy to drink, smooth.

O- Overall, this is a very malty beer. It reminds me of a way better tasting Big Flats 1901 and a light malt liquor. It's good.

MOR adjunct that was one of the 1st Non-Stroh beer's I drank as a youth.
1st tasted after a 10 hour drive from Nowhere Indiana to even more nowhere Missouri.
After the drive the cold Busch, at the time, was the best beer I ever tasted. It was perfect.. now that I'm not 19, don't smoke ,and my taste buds and smell have returned...
Not so perfect.. but a sentimental favourite nonetheless!
Carry on Citizens!

2.48/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

Busch Light is everywhere, but Busch? I hadn't seen it at least for a long time, if ever, so I was curious to try it. Bland is the operative word here. Typical pale American lager. Plenty of carbonation but not too much. Little or no aroma. Flavor starts as completely neutral/neuter with a hint of nothingness. A slight malt flavor begins to kick in. It is a pleasant pale malt flavor without a hint of any toasted quality. I wish there was more of it. This flavor fades quickly to more neutral hints of nothingness in the finish. Best consumed very cold on a hot day after strenuous physical exertion.

3.34/5  rDev +59%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Type: 12-oz. can
Glass: Firestone restaurant pint glass
From: Cherokee Market Beer & Wine in Normal Heights (San Diego), Calif.
Price: $3.99 for a 6-pack
Purchased: Aug. 23, 2013
Consumed: Aug. 23, 2013
Misc.: Born date of April 19, 2013, which is 126 days from today (the can says the freshest taste is within 110 days)

Poured a golden urine clear color with three fingers of light-white head. Decent amount of bubbles coming up from the bottom. Very little lacing along the sides of the glass. Below average retention.

Smelled caramel, honey, cereal, grass, bread and corn. Not too bad for the style.

Tasted a bit like the nose, but not quite as flavorful. Got honey, some fruits (banana, apple and kiwi), caramel, corn and grass.

Light body. Thin texture. Average-to-soft carbonation. Abrupt finish. Somewhat refreshing.

I have to say, not too bad for the style. One of the better American Adjunct Lagers I’ve had and much better than what I remember from when I was drinking this in high school and college.

1.85/5  rDev -11.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Born on 01Jul13. Acquired at a local 7-11; I'm stuck in a small town (Richfield) in Utah. 24 fl oz aluminum can with intricate label art served into a styrofoam cup in my hotel room. Expectations are as low as possible given the brewery. Reviewed live.

Served cold. Side-poured gently as overcarbonation is anticipated.

A: Pours a fluffy head of white colour. Light creaminess. Pathetically thin. Body colour is a thin watery clear yellow of no vibrance whatsoever. No yeast particles are visible. No bubble show. Looks awful. Retention is above average - about 3 minutes.

Sm: Clean barley. Straw. Cereals. Grains. Crisp. Watery swill. No hops, yeast, or alcohol are/is detectable. A weak pathetic aroma of light strength. Corn adjunct. Pretty shocked this isn't a light beer, to be honest. It could be more offensive than it is.

T: Weak barley. Cereals. Grainy. Straw. Husks. No hop profile or yeast character whatsoever. Zero depth of flavour. Intensity of flavour couldn't be lower. Flavour duration is low. Watery and imbalanced, but inoffensive. Some corn adjunct. Not getting any complexity or subtlety at all. I don't notice any overt off flavours, so that's a plus. About as bland and boring as a beer can be. Luckily, no alcohol comes through. Meh.

Mf: Smooth and wet. Weak, thin, watery. Poor execution. Suits the flavour profile okay; I mean at least I can get the beer down easily enough. It doesn't have the crisp, biting overcarbonation of even worse beers in the style, but it's overcarbonated.

Dr: Closer to water than any macro I can remember having recently. As such, it's got an above average drinkability in that you could down a pitcher with ease, but the lack of quality makes me not want to get another anytime soon - so that evens it out. Bland swill that hardly resembles real beer, but not offensive or awful. I think some are really attacking this beer just because of the brewery. Pretty poor stuff, but it's not terrible. I'd rather see this at a party than something like Tecate, for example. You could do far worse (or far better) at this price point.

2.25/5  rDev +7.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Drank from a 12 fl. oz. can purchased at Downtown Wine & Spirits, Somerville, MA
Born on date: 20Dec12
Served in a pint glass

Impressive appearance. The beer poured a crystal clear, golden yellow and was topped by a tight, frothy, two-finger, bright white crown. The head quickly faded to a lasting ring. A few streaks of patchy lacing stuck along the glass.

The aroma was powdery and dry with distinct lager yeast notes. Lots of husky grains and adjuncts. Touch of pale malts. Overall, quite simplistic. There was a hint of skunkiness as well.

The flavor was subtle yet rather rough. Husky grains and adjunct notes dominated. Not much else happening. A slight bitterness came through on the finish.

The mouthfeel was unimpressive. Light and airy on the palate with a fine and mild carbonation. The liquid felt a touch flat.

"Piss water" is not a term I use to describe many beers, but it fits this one perfectly. While it had no distinctly offensive qualities, I found its complete lack of character offensive.

3.12/5  rDev +48.6%

I guess when I review a beer, I'm reviewing it on what kind of beer it is. Example, this is Busch.... it's cheap. I'm not going to give it a 1 or 2 since I'm rating it while comparing it to cheap beers. This beer goes down smooth, has a decent taste, and isn't all that filling. If I'm looking for a relaxing night and I'm counting my pennies, Busch will always be considered. Nice beer, great price.

3.34/5  rDev +59%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured into a nucleated Busch shaker pint glass.

Look: Clear light golden body with slowly rising bubbles. A fizzy white head dissipates to a sort of circus cloud wispy film. Light dots of lacing, if that.

Aroma: Sweet GMO corn-syrup based adjunct aroma.

Taste: A barely-perceptable metallic component, but otherwise sweet and clean, maybe a touch of corn syrup.

Mouthfeel: Light, carbonated.

Overall: For the price this certainly isn't any worse than any other "cheap macro" out there. It's quite clean and refreshing.

2.04/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.25

This beer brings back a lot of memories for me. Growing up in the woods, woods that happen to be in the American South . . . I'm not sure if it is the fulfillment of a stereotype or simply mere happenstance that I was drinking Busch beer at many of the quintessential moments in my young life, including the moment my Buick's rear window was shot out at a party in the Ocala National Forest. However, in retrospect I can tell you that as far as adjunct lagers go, Busch holds a special place in my heart . . . and, objectively, a higher rating than trash like Natty and Miller Light. As others have stated, it definitely gives you less of a hangover, as long as you stay under the "twelve-pack-in-one-night" limit. There is a reason that there is a "Busch" beer and not an "Anheiser" beer; somewhere along the line, In-Bev must have realized that when it comes to cheap beer, people prefer short names and complex connotations. It's almost poetic, when you think about it. "Go to the Mountains with Busch."

1.94/5  rDev -7.6%

Source: 12oz Can into Pilsner glass, well chilled. Review date 6/16/2013, production date 03/21/2013.

A: About a pinky width of head, well carbonated, lacing almost nonexistent. Golden brown with the typical clarity of a filtered beer.

S: Tasting was done very well chilled, so smell was quite weak. Grain...corn specifically was the predominant aroma, along with a mild citrus note and some skunk. Not offensive by any means but very weak overall.

T: Watery and somewhat sweet, overarching flavor is corn but this is very weak, very thin overall, mild bitterness.

M: Thin and watery, carbonation is correct if not a little bit over carbonated for this style of beer.

O: Not an offensive taste overall, could see this as something you could down a few of easily with drinking games or on a warm summer day mowing the lawn. Not the best of it's type, and there are better beers in the price range.

3.27/5  rDev +55.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Busch Beer to me is probably one of the more average beers I've had. There's really nothing that truly stands out nor offends. Not to say its a really bad beer. Just more forgettable. But at $4.99 for a 6pack of 12oz cans you can't go wrong in this case. Appearance wise it looks like a pale lager when poured into my Beerfest replica 36oz boot. Very similar to other beers like Rolling Rock, Budweiser, PBR, etc. Smellwise its rather weak. Slight bit of barley but not too much going on. Tastewise its rather smooth and watery. Almost like a light beer but more ballsy. And between you and I...it goes down easy while not provoking a hangover the next day like many other cheap beers. Overall its a good goto beer for budget minded folks looking for a smooth inoffensive beer. In most cases you will get more than your moneys worth.

3.02/5  rDev +43.8%

Picked up 4 24 oz cans and split it with my brother a couple days ago, appearance looks like a fine bright golden pilsner, the smell is decent, taste is where it gets good though, its defiantly refreshing, maybe a little watery for some of the Europeans beer drinkers, but it is very nice, its a beer you can pound back one after another, light amount of hops present, defiantly corn or rice in it too though, probably more rice than anything, good tasting, they defiantly use good water in making this brew, mouth-feel is decent, the carbonation isnt that bad at all and overall I would say this is one damn fine beer, if you like beer most likely you will like this, it may not be a craft beer, but its a working mans beer, its a beer you would want when your fishing, or hiking, or when you get home from a grueling day of work, or when your watching a sports game, I mean who would want a rich man's beer for that? Im very content with Busch and will definitely buy again

1.23/5  rDev -41.4%

This is usually the beer of choice among the University. First time I had it I couldn't finish it, even ice cold....can't even imagine if it was warm. Tried it again cuz there was no other beer around, I was pretty drunk then, and I still barely finished it.

I've had a lot of beers, overall, I would say this was the worst I have tasted. I've talked to plenty of people who say the like the beer, but I just don't see it. Wayyyy better options out there if ur looking for cheap beer.

2.34/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

341 mL bottle from TBS; listed at 4.7% and served ice cold. This is the Canadian version, brewed here by Labatt. For a while I thought I had already reviewed this, but apparently that was Busch Light. Might as well get this out of the way while it's fresh in my memory.

Pours a pale straw yellow colour, somewhere between apple juice from concentrate and dilute urine. Generates a half inch of fizzy, bone-white head that vanishes nearly instantaneously. Yep - it's a light beer alright. Very weak aroma; corn husk and a stale beer-y aroma that reminds me of my college days. I never drank this particular beer back then, but I sure had my share of comparable stuff.

The taste isn't exactly awful, but that's largely because it barely tastes like anything. Some weak adjunct sweetness comes through... and that's pretty much it. I guess an optimist might call it crisp, clean tasting? Well, optimists and marketing staff... as for myself, 'damp cardboard' seems more apt. Thin-bodied, very fizzy, and drinks like water. In all honesty, if you're going to pound a case of something, you could do worse.

Final Grade: 2.34, a regrettable D+. Busch is alright by light beer standards (a low bar, I grant you), but it's just too bland and watery to deserve credit as anything more than that. Sorry, it just doesn't taste like anything, and one of the things I look for in my beers is flavour - yes, even the adjunct lagers. If you don't like the taste of beer, then I guess you could consider switching from Bud/Coors Light to this and maybe save a few bucks. Easy to drink en masse, but there isn't a beer drinker alive who couldn't find something better, even for inebriative purposes.

2.26/5  rDev +7.6%

A- Very pale yellow with a white head that dissapates fast. no lacing to speak of.

S- Faintly grainy and grassy.

T- Watery, but the grain comes through with some malt.

M- It is crisp and refreshing, but once again, watery. It feels like I'm drinking club soda. Very very light.

O- I gave it some style points, because let's face it, it's one of the cheapest beers available. No one is buying Busch because they are a beer connoisseur. It's light and refreshing on a hot day. You can take it fishing, you can enjoy it by the pool, you can enjoy more than one of them at a social event. Take it for what it is, don't hate it for what it isn't.

2.15/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Tasted On: 03-16-2013
Freshness: Canned on 12-03-2012
Packaging: 12 oz. can
Glassware: Tulip pint
Purchased: Received in a trade

Clear, light golden/yellow beer shows lots of bubbles and a big white head on the pour. The head doesn't last long, and I get no lace in the glass. Smell is of sweet grains and has a clean, lager nose. Little or no hop aromas.

Taste is pretty light on flavor; I get some sweet malt notes and a pilsner-like impression. Carbonation is in the medium range, light bodied and with a lightly sweet adjunct finish.

Overall an easy-drinking American lawn-mower beer that I'd say tastes like beer-flavored water.

Thanks to buschbeer for his signature calling card can :-)

2.19/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

The only way to buy this is in 30 packs. Its light and straw colored, this being the first one I have ever poured into a glass. Taste is light and grain. I realize why I buy this. Easy to drink and ready when you want to drink several and then maybe a couple more.

When you plop a 30 pack of this nectar of the Gods down on the counter and your local swill proprietor says $15, what exactly are you expecting? Get off your high horses with all these 1's and 2's.
A-looks like a beer
S-smells like a beer
T-wouldn't you know it tastes like a beer
M-feels like a beer in there
O-if you're expecting this to be a world class beer you need to get out more. It's a beer you can drink all day and night. While I'm a huge fan of dark heavy strong beers I always have me some Busch on hand.

1.89/5  rDev -10%

I really was not a big fan of this beer the first time I tried it. This was one of the first beers I ever tried. The taste was not one of a good beer with very little hops. While it may not have much taste, it seems to have a little higher alcohol content thanother beers. I know this is a cheap beer, but the mouthfeel wasn't even that good.

3.95/5  rDev +88.1%

Busch is kinda "cheap" Budweiser. Overall its made exactly the same as Budweiser, except with corn instead of rice grains. This is you ultimately average American beer. It's not fancy, its not horrible, its not as cheap as Natural Light and won't get you insanely hungover....

A friend of mine used to work for Budweiser and he said Busch is "beechwood aged" the same way... This has nothing to do with flavour. It's strictly to speed up the fermentation process without actually flavouring the beer at all.

Cold Busch is perfect for a barbeque or cookout. This is session beer. This is not high class or high hops. Busch is what your grandfather drank after mowing the yard..

2.34/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Pale straw. Small and poorly retained white head. Mild "beery" aroma. Like carbonated water lightly infused with corn cereal, mildly sweet, with a hint of green apple. Light-bodied and highly carbonated. Feels thin and spritzy in the mouth, like Perrier. I doubt I could easily distinguish this from it's Beechwood-aged sister, Budweiser. Or from most other beers of this type, if tasted blind. Has that "green" character common to many AAL's.

3.18/5  rDev +51.4%

Straw color, clear. Lots of bubbles rising up to the top. Small bright-white head. Leaves a little lacing behind.

Faint. There some sweetness, a little corn.

Flavor is light. I'm getting some sweetness from the malt, a little corn, just a slight hint of grass. Bitterness is very minimum. Finish is crisp and dry. Body is light and watery, fizzy carbonation, easy drinking.

1.06/5  rDev -49.5%

Poured into my Pilsner glass...

OK, enough. This yellow water doesn't deserve a formal review. It's crap. Tasteless, almost odorless...sort of like a Bud cut with flat club soda, if you can imagine that.

Years ago there was this beer called Busch Bavarian. We in New York couldn't find it. As I recall it was only available in the New England states. It was pretty good, but so was Coors at the time. I grabbed this "Clear and bright as mountain air" limited edition 24 oz. can thinking it might be like the above mentioned. Wrong.

1.12/5  rDev -46.7%

Pours a very light yellow with a white head that doesn't stay around long.

Smell is malt , corn, hay, popcorn.

Taste, what taste? Very bland, maybe the slightest hint of corn, and not much else.

Feels like carbonated water.

Can you say bland and tasteless? Beers like this make me appreciate the good beers all the more, this has very little taste, and what taste it does have, is nothing to write home about. No wonder craft beers are so popular.

1.63/5  rDev -22.4%

Finger and half, quickly gone to nothing though. Clear, light straw colored body.
Smells like bad beer breath. Really, it does.
Tastes like water, a mild (the mildest) bitterness and more water.
Moderate to high carbonation. Light body.
Another "nothing" beer.