Busch Beer - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.30% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-20-2000

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Beer Alström Bros
Reviews: 415 | Hads: 1,508
3.34/5  rDev +51.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured into a nucleated Busch shaker pint glass.

Look: Clear light golden body with slowly rising bubbles. A fizzy white head dissipates to a sort of circus cloud wispy film. Light dots of lacing, if that.

Aroma: Sweet GMO corn-syrup based adjunct aroma.

Taste: A barely-perceptable metallic component, but otherwise sweet and clean, maybe a touch of corn syrup.

Mouthfeel: Light, carbonated.

Overall: For the price this certainly isn't any worse than any other "cheap macro" out there. It's quite clean and refreshing. (525 characters)

2.04/5  rDev -7.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.25

This beer brings back a lot of memories for me. Growing up in the woods, woods that happen to be in the American South . . . I'm not sure if it is the fulfillment of a stereotype or simply mere happenstance that I was drinking Busch beer at many of the quintessential moments in my young life, including the moment my Buick's rear window was shot out at a party in the Ocala National Forest. However, in retrospect I can tell you that as far as adjunct lagers go, Busch holds a special place in my heart . . . and, objectively, a higher rating than trash like Natty and Miller Light. As others have stated, it definitely gives you less of a hangover, as long as you stay under the "twelve-pack-in-one-night" limit. There is a reason that there is a "Busch" beer and not an "Anheiser" beer; somewhere along the line, In-Bev must have realized that when it comes to cheap beer, people prefer short names and complex connotations. It's almost poetic, when you think about it. "Go to the Mountains with Busch." (1,006 characters)

1.94/5  rDev -12.2%

Source: 12oz Can into Pilsner glass, well chilled. Review date 6/16/2013, production date 03/21/2013.

A: About a pinky width of head, well carbonated, lacing almost nonexistent. Golden brown with the typical clarity of a filtered beer.

S: Tasting was done very well chilled, so smell was quite weak. Grain...corn specifically was the predominant aroma, along with a mild citrus note and some skunk. Not offensive by any means but very weak overall.

T: Watery and somewhat sweet, overarching flavor is corn but this is very weak, very thin overall, mild bitterness.

M: Thin and watery, carbonation is correct if not a little bit over carbonated for this style of beer.

O: Not an offensive taste overall, could see this as something you could down a few of easily with drinking games or on a warm summer day mowing the lawn. Not the best of it's type, and there are better beers in the price range. (904 characters)

3.27/5  rDev +48%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Busch Beer to me is probably one of the more average beers I've had. There's really nothing that truly stands out nor offends. Not to say its a really bad beer. Just more forgettable. But at $4.99 for a 6pack of 12oz cans you can't go wrong in this case. Appearance wise it looks like a pale lager when poured into my Beerfest replica 36oz boot. Very similar to other beers like Rolling Rock, Budweiser, PBR, etc. Smellwise its rather weak. Slight bit of barley but not too much going on. Tastewise its rather smooth and watery. Almost like a light beer but more ballsy. And between you and I...it goes down easy while not provoking a hangover the next day like many other cheap beers. Overall its a good goto beer for budget minded folks looking for a smooth inoffensive beer. In most cases you will get more than your moneys worth. (833 characters)

3.02/5  rDev +36.7%

Picked up 4 24 oz cans and split it with my brother a couple days ago, appearance looks like a fine bright golden pilsner, the smell is decent, taste is where it gets good though, its defiantly refreshing, maybe a little watery for some of the Europeans beer drinkers, but it is very nice, its a beer you can pound back one after another, light amount of hops present, defiantly corn or rice in it too though, probably more rice than anything, good tasting, they defiantly use good water in making this brew, mouth-feel is decent, the carbonation isnt that bad at all and overall I would say this is one damn fine beer, if you like beer most likely you will like this, it may not be a craft beer, but its a working mans beer, its a beer you would want when your fishing, or hiking, or when you get home from a grueling day of work, or when your watching a sports game, I mean who would want a rich man's beer for that? Im very content with Busch and will definitely buy again (975 characters)

1.23/5  rDev -44.3%

This is usually the beer of choice among the University. First time I had it I couldn't finish it, even ice cold....can't even imagine if it was warm. Tried it again cuz there was no other beer around, I was pretty drunk then, and I still barely finished it.

I've had a lot of beers, overall, I would say this was the worst I have tasted. I've talked to plenty of people who say the like the beer, but I just don't see it. Wayyyy better options out there if ur looking for cheap beer. (486 characters)

2.34/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

341 mL bottle from TBS; listed at 4.7% and served ice cold. This is the Canadian version, brewed here by Labatt. For a while I thought I had already reviewed this, but apparently that was Busch Light. Might as well get this out of the way while it's fresh in my memory.

Pours a pale straw yellow colour, somewhere between apple juice from concentrate and dilute urine. Generates a half inch of fizzy, bone-white head that vanishes nearly instantaneously. Yep - it's a light beer alright. Very weak aroma; corn husk and a stale beer-y aroma that reminds me of my college days. I never drank this particular beer back then, but I sure had my share of comparable stuff.

The taste isn't exactly awful, but that's largely because it barely tastes like anything. Some weak adjunct sweetness comes through... and that's pretty much it. I guess an optimist might call it crisp, clean tasting? Well, optimists and marketing staff... as for myself, 'damp cardboard' seems more apt. Thin-bodied, very fizzy, and drinks like water. In all honesty, if you're going to pound a case of something, you could do worse.

Final Grade: 2.34, a regrettable D+. Busch is alright by light beer standards (a low bar, I grant you), but it's just too bland and watery to deserve credit as anything more than that. Sorry, it just doesn't taste like anything, and one of the things I look for in my beers is flavour - yes, even the adjunct lagers. If you don't like the taste of beer, then I guess you could consider switching from Bud/Coors Light to this and maybe save a few bucks. Easy to drink en masse, but there isn't a beer drinker alive who couldn't find something better, even for inebriative purposes. (1,686 characters)

2.26/5  rDev +2.3%

A- Very pale yellow with a white head that dissapates fast. no lacing to speak of.

S- Faintly grainy and grassy.

T- Watery, but the grain comes through with some malt.

M- It is crisp and refreshing, but once again, watery. It feels like I'm drinking club soda. Very very light.

O- I gave it some style points, because let's face it, it's one of the cheapest beers available. No one is buying Busch because they are a beer connoisseur. It's light and refreshing on a hot day. You can take it fishing, you can enjoy it by the pool, you can enjoy more than one of them at a social event. Take it for what it is, don't hate it for what it isn't. (647 characters)

2.15/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Tasted On: 03-16-2013
Freshness: Canned on 12-03-2012
Packaging: 12 oz. can
Glassware: Tulip pint
Purchased: Received in a trade

Clear, light golden/yellow beer shows lots of bubbles and a big white head on the pour. The head doesn't last long, and I get no lace in the glass. Smell is of sweet grains and has a clean, lager nose. Little or no hop aromas.

Taste is pretty light on flavor; I get some sweet malt notes and a pilsner-like impression. Carbonation is in the medium range, light bodied and with a lightly sweet adjunct finish.

Overall an easy-drinking American lawn-mower beer that I'd say tastes like beer-flavored water.

Thanks to buschbeer for his signature calling card can :-) (697 characters)

2.19/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

The only way to buy this is in 30 packs. Its light and straw colored, this being the first one I have ever poured into a glass. Taste is light and grain. I realize why I buy this. Easy to drink and ready when you want to drink several and then maybe a couple more. (264 characters)

When you plop a 30 pack of this nectar of the Gods down on the counter and your local swill proprietor says $15, what exactly are you expecting? Get off your high horses with all these 1's and 2's.
A-looks like a beer
S-smells like a beer
T-wouldn't you know it tastes like a beer
M-feels like a beer in there
O-if you're expecting this to be a world class beer you need to get out more. It's a beer you can drink all day and night. While I'm a huge fan of dark heavy strong beers I always have me some Busch on hand. (518 characters)

1.89/5  rDev -14.5%

I really was not a big fan of this beer the first time I tried it. This was one of the first beers I ever tried. The taste was not one of a good beer with very little hops. While it may not have much taste, it seems to have a little higher alcohol content thanother beers. I know this is a cheap beer, but the mouthfeel wasn't even that good. (342 characters)

3.95/5  rDev +78.7%

Busch is kinda "cheap" Budweiser. Overall its made exactly the same as Budweiser, except with corn instead of rice grains. This is you ultimately average American beer. It's not fancy, its not horrible, its not as cheap as Natural Light and won't get you insanely hungover....

A friend of mine used to work for Budweiser and he said Busch is "beechwood aged" the same way... This has nothing to do with flavour. It's strictly to speed up the fermentation process without actually flavouring the beer at all.

Cold Busch is perfect for a barbeque or cookout. This is session beer. This is not high class or high hops. Busch is what your grandfather drank after mowing the yard.. (679 characters)

2.34/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Pale straw. Small and poorly retained white head. Mild "beery" aroma. Like carbonated water lightly infused with corn cereal, mildly sweet, with a hint of green apple. Light-bodied and highly carbonated. Feels thin and spritzy in the mouth, like Perrier. I doubt I could easily distinguish this from it's Beechwood-aged sister, Budweiser. Or from most other beers of this type, if tasted blind. Has that "green" character common to many AAL's. (443 characters)

3.18/5  rDev +43.9%

Appearance:
Straw color, clear. Lots of bubbles rising up to the top. Small bright-white head. Leaves a little lacing behind.

Aroma:
Faint. There some sweetness, a little corn.

Taste:
Flavor is light. I'm getting some sweetness from the malt, a little corn, just a slight hint of grass. Bitterness is very minimum. Finish is crisp and dry. Body is light and watery, fizzy carbonation, easy drinking. (401 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -52%

Poured into my Pilsner glass...

OK, enough. This yellow water doesn't deserve a formal review. It's crap. Tasteless, almost odorless...sort of like a Bud cut with flat club soda, if you can imagine that.

Years ago there was this beer called Busch Bavarian. We in New York couldn't find it. As I recall it was only available in the New England states. It was pretty good, but so was Coors at the time. I grabbed this "Clear and bright as mountain air" limited edition 24 oz. can thinking it might be like the above mentioned. Wrong. (533 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -49.3%

Pours a very light yellow with a white head that doesn't stay around long.

Smell is malt , corn, hay, popcorn.

Taste, what taste? Very bland, maybe the slightest hint of corn, and not much else.

Feels like carbonated water.

Can you say bland and tasteless? Beers like this make me appreciate the good beers all the more, this has very little taste, and what taste it does have, is nothing to write home about. No wonder craft beers are so popular. (453 characters)

1.63/5  rDev -26.2%

Finger and half, quickly gone to nothing though. Clear, light straw colored body.
Smells like bad beer breath. Really, it does.
Tastes like water, a mild (the mildest) bitterness and more water.
Moderate to high carbonation. Light body.
Another "nothing" beer. (262 characters)

2.31/5  rDev +4.5%

Anheuser Busch : Busch Beer

APPEARANCE: Pale straw yellow , perfectly clear ultra filtered beer. Minimal head on what otherwise looks like a macro lager.

SMELL: A handful of dirty pennies with metallic aromas and perhaps some sweet cereal grains.

TASTE: Cereal grains and generic malt flavor upfront with a loose crispness. There is a flash of leafy processed hops and tame bitterness. Finishes with a slight tang.

FEEL: Light bodied, higher carbonation, only slightly watery.

OVERALL: Generic lager from the mega conglomerate. Still, it is ok for what it is. You could do worse. (584 characters)

2.31/5  rDev +4.5%

Poured from 24 oz can into a pint glass

Appearance – Pours a light straw color with a huge white head with big carbonation bubbles entrapped within. The bubbles pop quickly with the head fading very fast to leave only a tiny amount of lacing.

Smell – The smell is light and consists of a light caramel and corn smell with some papery notes mixed within.

Taste – The taste begins with a lighter bready taste with some caramel and corn sweetness. The corm sweetness soon takes over the caramel and mixes with a light lemon citrus flavor that comes to the tongue. At this point the caramel taste that was initially present fades out with the arrival of some papery taste. In the end a lemon and rather odd papery biscuit flavor are left on the tongue.

Mouthfeel – The body of the beer is quite light with a carbonation level that is just above average. For the style it is quite right as it makes it very easy to drink as it sorta slides past the tongue.

Overall – While for a cheaper brew it is not really the most flavorful or smooth out there. Not offensive, but pretty bland. Possibly good for a cheaper session as it is easy to down, lighter in abv and subtle in taste. (1,186 characters)

2.03/5  rDev -8.1%

A - completely transparent; light yellowish color; large, frothy, white head that has good retention

S - grainy, metallic, warm

T - grainy, sweet, metallic, warm

M - thin, light bodied, crisp

From a glass this is foul. Metallic, sweet, grainy, gross. From a can, when ice cold, it's incredible drinkable. Cheap as dirt too. I wouldn't have reviewed this is someone hadn't left it in my fridge. I can't see me having this again. (431 characters)

1.86/5  rDev -15.8%

This beer looks ok and smells pretty bad. The taste: which taste. It tastes like water and that's definetly what i don't want when i drink a beer. The mouthfeel is too carbonated. Well you pay for a budget beer, well that's what you get. But I think it is brewed to be it. (272 characters)

2.7/5  rDev +22.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

For what it is, this beer isn't bad. Cheap and heavier on the alcohol than it's light brethren. Slightly less adjunct-y and a little more malty. Pale, straw yellow in the glass, big head with no retention or lacing. Smell is mainly corny but a little bit of heavier malts. Taste is the same. Drink it when you're poor and want to get drunk. Or a great beer after being outside in the heat all day. (397 characters)

4.67/5  rDev +111.3%

first off my group of friends drinks way too much shitty beer so this review is mostly in comparison to other shitty beers. purchased a 30 pack for a party, we usually buy keystone or miller high life. busch has a bit more taste than coors or keystone and doesnt give me a headache once i drink 14 of them like keystone will. they are easy to shot gun and i really dont mind the taste especially compared to the metallic flavor of miller. my uncle always drank busch in front of me and when i was a teenager he would give me one sometimes and reefered them "alaskan sodas". il admit its a little bit like drinking urine but they go down easy and it gives you something to do in the form of drinking and peeing all night long instead of getting too fucked off the bat. its also nice to take a couple tequila shots and then get to fine tuning your drunk and eventually passing out/ puking and you dont look like as much of a pussy drinking busch as you would rolling rock but im rambling and busch is goood (1,004 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -32.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Once upon a time, I lived next door to a kid my age named Brett. We used to be really good friends. When we were 16 or 17, we used to always try and get alcohol and beer and drink in his backyard. He was a big-time hunter and a redneck through and through, and his beer of choice was always Busch. I was young and only cared about getting drunk, so I had no problems with it.

There was one night when him and I alone finished a thirty pack. He may have had one or two more than I did, but he's a much bigger guy than me, too. I tried jumping over a fence without touching it with my hands and ended up smashing my face into the ground. At one point, Brett was laying on his back and pissing straight up into the air. I'm pretty sure the girls we were with were gone by this point, or at least I hope so.

Brett dropped out of college, moved a few hours away and ended up getting engaged to the first girlfriend he's ever had. Every time I see pictures of him, he gets bigger and bigger, balder and balder. He still takes pictures of himself holding a Busch in his hand every now and then. Whenever I see them, I remember the time he walked into 7-Eleven and filled a Double Gulp with pop and put a tall boy of Four Loko inside of it. He got away with it and we got drunk off of one Four Loko.

This beer sucks, but it's pale-straw body, metallic, grainy aroma, and corny, residual sugar-filled taste reminds me of some of the best (and most stupid) times of my life.

I miss Brett. (1,482 characters)

Busch Beer from Anheuser-Busch