Shock Top Raspberry Wheat - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.20% ABV

Beer added by: zeff80 on 03-16-2011

Raspberry Wheat delivers the same smooth taste of Shock Top, with a hint of raspberry flavor. This traditional Belgian-style wheat ale is brewed with essence of wild raspberry and hand-selected hops. It’s this combination that gives it its crisp and distinctive Shock Top taste, with its own flavorful twist. This unfiltered ale has a light-golden color and a smooth finish, and if you’re curious, it technically doesn’t, not count toward your daily fruit intake.
to view more.
Ratings: 923 | Reviews: 153
3.58/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Ok bought this for my daughter and her friends who housesat for us last weekend. There were a couple left over so I thought I would dry one. Poured nice with a good 3 finger head the dissipated pretty quick. Smells like a raspberry drink, real strong raspberry smell. Taste like a light beer with raspberry in it. The thing that stood out in this beer is the taste is not medicical. With the exception of Blushing Monk this is the only beer that had a good clean raspberry taste, thus the high rating. Not something I would drink on a regular basis, but not a bad beer to have on hand, my wife who is willing to taste every beer I have (and doesn't like beer) actually thought it was pretty good, probably because it doesn't taste much like a beer. That said not a bad effort. One side note, if AB ever wanted to get into sours, this would be a great one to take there. If it was more on the sour side vs sweet side I would probably go back for more

1.75/5  rDev -37.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Should I simply say ewww so I have enough words to rate it?

3.4/5  rDev +21.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Purchased at the LCBO for around $2.60 for a 473ml can. Served at 4deg C in a draught glass.

A- Opens well and pours a small head that is gone in seconds. Very cloudy as a wheat beer should be

S- Oodles of raspberry. A whole field full

T- That field of berries are back! Never had this much raspberry flavor in a beer before. Super saturated. Gets a bit sickly sweet though.

M- Pretty dry and tart.

O- A bit too much berry flavor. Hits you in the mouth a bit too hard. Had it, enjoyed it, will not buy it again.

Food Pairing

The berry beer went well with.... Soda crackers! Just something dry helps this beer out taking that berry blast down a notch

Enjoy

3.62/5  rDev +29.3%

The Rapsberry taste is definitely prevalent, but I enjoyed the taste. As it warmed, however, it did lose some luster. It's on par for what I'd expect.

2.89/5  rDev +3.2%

Interesting Beer, more like a wine cooler in many ways, summer time beer, served cold and drank cold, as it gets warm the flavor is over powering, raspberry cool-aid comes to mind...

3.57/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

Good full raspberry flavor. When a drink says "raspberry" or "apple" or whatever, I expect it to taste like it. This beer does that.

It poured nicely, nice frothy head that didn't linger too long. poured cloudy and remained cloudy the entire time..

Nice easy drinker.

3.89/5  rDev +38.9%

Nice Belgian with a hint of fruitiness but not overwhelmingly so.

3.08/5  rDev +10%

Way, waaaay too sweet and fruity. They went over the top with this one. It's not bad, per se, but I wouldn't want to drink more than one at a time. Even then, there are many other raspberry beers that are far more subtle and tasty.

2.88/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Tastes better than it smells.

It smells very sweet and fruity, but the taste is a little more balanced.

3.95/5  rDev +41.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

This is a Good flavored beer all year round.

2.67/5  rDev -4.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I'm literally drinking this as I type, and overall, it's bit of a let down. I disagree with some of the reviews citing it to be sweet- I find it rather bland. Pretty solid mouthfeel, but a complete emptiness on the palate after the initial raspberry. It's not terrible but by no means will I seek this out.

Definite raspberry on the nose and palate. Kinda sweet with a bit of coriander finish. Would be a nice summer beer for the patio but nothing special.

3.86/5  rDev +37.9%

Surprisingly good. Not as sweet as Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss in my opinion.

3.2/5  rDev +14.3%

Way too sweet with a tart after taste. My girlfriend wanted it so i got her some and it just didn't suit me.

4.75/5  rDev +69.6%

I like it

2.31/5  rDev -17.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Hazy straw colored body, a fizzy white head that actually doesn't recede as quickly as I expected. Just a few dots of lacing, if that.

Aroma: An immediate metallic note, then raspberry syrup.

Taste: Not a lot going on other than raspberry fruitiness, some tart in the finish. Very sweet, syrupy.

Mouthfeel: Pretty sticky, syrupy.

Overall: Like the other flavored wheat beers I've had from this "brewery" this is too syrupy, too sweet, and doesn't taste like it's brewed with natural ingredients. Even the bottle states "Raspberry flavor added." Not real raspberries, just the "flavor" ...

1.75/5  rDev -37.5%

My girlfriend wanted it, I think it wasted some space in my cooler. Very strong "raspberry" flavor, not bad if you like that. Reminded me of Leinie's berry Weiss

3.25/5  rDev +16.1%

Served at around 5C in a slightly oversized Belgium glass.
Appearance: Golden colour and very slightly cloudy. Thin white head.
Smell: Raspberry and that's about it.
Taste: Moderate, tasty, and lingering raspberry flavour. Some wheat can be detected, but not much. Definitely on the sweet side and no bite on the finish. Very drinkable and almost anybody would be able to finish a glass.
Body: Light-bodied.
Overall: Nothing complex and not at the top of its style, but it makes for a good summer beer that is drinkable for pretty much everybody.

2.85/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Take a Bud, pour in unsweetened raspberry Kool-Aid and you will have this beer. An ok beer to drink once in a while but not one of my favorites. I ended up giving away some of the 6 pack.

3.07/5  rDev +9.6%

One of the last Summer beer that I will try for this year.
The look of the beer is like the 1664 blanc or the Hoegaarden. You won't notice that is a Raspberry Beer...
Until you smell it. The smell is a definitely Raspberry,, and that's all about.
Now the taste. Well like the Lemon Shandy, it's all about the Raspberry flavour. But the lemon Shandy is about a touch of sour than the Raspberry is about that sweet touch. You won't really notice the taste of the wheat beer, it's more on the sweet side. On the finish it's not dry at all and the raspberry stay and don t give any space to the Belgium Wheat.
Overall, this is a great summer beer. That's why like the Lemon Shandy I will give a 3/5.
So would I recommend it ? Sure, this is different than those lime lemon high sugar beer thats on the market. And I think this is great beer for women too. For myself I wouldn't buy it all year long but during summer a pack of 12, once or twice, I will definitely go for it.

This beer is nothing more than regular...there is much worse and many more better

3.5/5  rDev +25%

Shock Top Raspberry Wheat is a surprisingly crisp, refreshing, and modestly-flavored wheat beer that could've easily been an insufferably sweet/tart brew. The brew fittingly compliments Belgian White and Honeycrisp Apple has pleasantly different options from mainstream breweries, and, again, bests Blue Moon.

2.29/5  rDev -18.2%

Pours a bright red with an off white head that fizzes away quickly. The smell is all raspberry with little to no hop or wheat. The taste was similar with a very sugary finish. The mouthfeel was also off, too thick for a wheat in my opinion. I can understand why it's popular, it's just not for me.

Awful. Shock top trying to be BLL... Ugh.

3.24/5  rDev +15.7%

The aroma is awesome! Very fruity and strong raspberry smell. It almost bummed me out when I tasted it. A fruity beer with almost a sour character. I mean not terrible but not great. A amber color to it. The aroma pumped me up but as far as taste it fell short for me.

to view more.