Shock Top Raspberry Wheat - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.20% ABV

Raspberry Wheat delivers the same smooth taste of Shock Top, with a hint of raspberry flavor. This traditional Belgian-style wheat ale is brewed with essence of wild raspberry and hand-selected hops. It’s this combination that gives it its crisp and distinctive Shock Top taste, with its own flavorful twist. This unfiltered ale has a light-golden color and a smooth finish, and if you’re curious, it technically doesn’t, not count toward your daily fruit intake.

(Beer added by: zeff80 on 03-16-2011)
1.5/5  rDev -46%

1.6/5  rDev -42.4%

I am a fan of wheat ales, fresh raspberries, and subtle fruit adjuncts. None of these present here.

Nice appearance, despite little head retention

Smell, taste, and mouthfeel are similar to drinking a cheap raspberry-syrup winecooler. I almost gagged

1.63/5  rDev -41.4%

Big white head quickly falls into a an alright lacing above a hazy washout honey colored wheat beer.

A light soupy to sour grain aroma with a hint of canned raspberries.

A light sweet raspberry taste tops off a light sour grain and even lighter hops taste.

A light dryness comes through another wise bland aftertaste.

I love raspberries and this beer is not good.

1.6/5  rDev -42.4%

Traded one of my beers for his, unfortunately.

Before I review, let it be known I do not mind what Shock Top has produced (Wheat IPA and Belgian White are both beers I do not mind). However, this beer is just not good in my opinion. The taste of the fruit and raspberry is overbearing, it made me feel like I was drinking juice that was too sugary. I would explore other beers that Shock Top has to offer, since this one is far and away the worst of what they have to offer.

2.08/5  rDev -25.2%

While in the spirit of the "shandy" war, I also bought a single of this Raspberry Wheat. Though I've had this before, I wanted to put out a fair review. Here goes:

Into a pint glass:

A: very hazy golden colored body with a decent one finger white foamy head that dies within a minute. It leaves no lacing, and no carbonation is seen rising. No rings are left.

S: raspberry but smelling fake, however, I did detect some wheat, but it was really faint.

T: raspberry fakeness and pretty much nothing else.

M: light to medium and a certain dryness is left in the mouth making me wonder where my water bottle is.

O: well, the raspberry just comes out so strong in the taste and the smell that this is really hard to grasp altogether. There's better options out there similar in style that I'll look for over this.

4.5/5  rDev +61.9%

2.5/5  rDev -10.1%

3.5/5  rDev +25.9%

1.25/5  rDev -55%

2.25/5  rDev -19.1%

2.25/5  rDev -19.1%

3.75/5  rDev +34.9%

1.7/5  rDev -38.8%

I just sucked on a store brand jolly rancher candy. This is the pinnacle to the embarrassment that St. Louis needs to address, and fix. This has the smell and taste of a boxed wine sweetened with 7up, artificial everything. I have no idea of what to pair this with, possibly a bottle of the cheapest vodka one could find. Maybe then, a few college undergrads might touch it. Oh well, I was taught how to dislike and apparently society hit this one on the bottle nose.

2.5/5  rDev -10.1%