Michelob (Original Lager) - Anheuser-Busch

Michelob (Original Lager)Michelob (Original Lager)

poor

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

Michelob Original Lager is brewed with pale, kilned two-row barley malt and noble European hops.

(Beer added by: Shiloh on 11-28-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Michelob (Original Lager) Alström Bros

scruffy1, Jun 24, 2012

Michelob is One of the Best Anheuser Busch Beers. The Taste and smell are good. Being made with the finest grains and malts. It dose not get any better than original Michelob. I would Take this over any other beer out there on the market. Michelob is a Great Beer for the Price.

nicholas2121, Feb 09, 2014

Michelob is one of my favorite beers. It is very smooth and at the same time crisp and bold enough to make for some good drinking. They explain on the label about the quality malt and imported hops. I like the bottles better than your standard longneck, but it seems like they don't hold as much, haha. Every time I pick it up it's nearly empty.

lanechaffin, Apr 18, 2009

Michelob original Lager
It's the full body American Pale Ale that set the bar and standard for all American domestic beers. It provides a beer that from the gold clear look to the beautiful aroma and refreshing taste makes Michelob the Lager to emulate.

GregHoward1966, May 25, 2014

bullwinkle88, Aug 28, 2014

Mtooman, May 31, 2013
Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +70.5%

You rated this beer. Add a review.

, Aug 28, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +70.5%

12 pack from the store, i havent drank it in a long time, this beer is probably the best domestic i have ever had. Really smooth taste almost sweet and after taste was very pleasant. pours a golden stream with a thick head. A very bubbly taste. I normally like a darker, a little more bolder taste, but hey, its only american beer, but not bad at all. I will buy this again.

mickyman71, Aug 14, 2009
4.38/5  rDev +65.9%

I think it is a really easy drinking beer that goes great with just lounging around and actually wanting more than just one, with this brew you can. Anyway I like to call it a glorified Budweiser because same taste with a vamp. The appearance is typical of this type of lager, smell was nice lot sharper than expected taste blew me away because I like Budweiser as a daily but this thing is Bud with more flavor surely note a hint of hops that is not there with my Budweiser, Turn one up very smooth mouthfeel and easy to drink!

kdawg105, Jan 14, 2012
4.38/5  rDev +65.9%

Michelob is my favorite beer when I don't have any of my home brewed beer available or when I'm trying to conserve my own beer.
One of the biggest reasons I like Michelob is that I have never had one that tasted bad (outdated) and it is always reasonably priced.
When I have purchased other quality beers that have been put "on sale" I'm usually disappointed in the taste and quality, not so with Michelob.
Having a "born on" date is also a plus because you can shop for the freshest beer and if the store has not been carefull, you can tell if it's too old.

JMoffatt, Jul 17, 2004
4.33/5  rDev +64%

I don't know what it is with beer reviewers that keep saying "corn" this, and "corn" that. What is with the corn? This is a 2 row all malt beer. You may not care for it, but don't blame everything on corn!
There are some beers that benefit from the addition of some corn. Hey, I had a bottle of sorghum beer the other day and found it pretty good. I like beer, I don't like snobs who think that just because a beer tastes this way or that that it is somehow skunk water.

fizzy, Jul 23, 2009
4.33/5  rDev +64%

I had to buy this once I saw the lava lamp bottle was back!

I paid $8.99 for a 12pack at the supermarket, what the heck... if I didn't drink it, my wife would.

I'm basing my review on the beer style...
Macro Brewery / Lager Beer

Anyway, on to the new/old, All Malt, Michelob Lager...

I did this beer the honor of pouring it in to a pint glass (normally I would drink a beer of this style "straight out da bottle"). It was a golden color, lots of carbination, little head and some lacing.

it smelled like beer.

it tasted pretty darn good compared to it's Macro peers.

It felt good in the mouth, kind of fizzy but finished clean.

I could drink lots of this beer when so inspired to do so.

Example: I could bring a case of this over to my bro-in-law's house, knock it off with him during a Yankee game and feel no pain in the morning.

JoeyBeerBelly, Feb 23, 2007
4.28/5  rDev +62.1%

Wow my first beer review ever! This one is a roast-y/dry brew in my opinion. The almost watery yet frothy mouthfeel gives me something akin to Guinness, while the overall body has an uplifting cirtus feel. Bready, zesty and full Michelob lager, while being a full flavored lager, is just missing that...something. Mellow and likeable, this might even make a decent session beer. Cheers!
P.s You Sam Adams guys will LOVE this one!

Mattsoddtaste, May 12, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +61%

hydroplaner, Sep 04, 2012
4.25/5  rDev +61%

Shawn25, Jan 05, 2014
4.2/5  rDev +59.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I do not think I have had this brew since I pounded a few in the parking lot before a Steve Miller concert in the 80s.

Appearance: Clear gold brew with a thick white head. Good carbonation flow.

Smell: Clean aroma. Has solid hints of malt and hops.

Taste: Good malt flavor with a perfect touch of hops for the style. Finishes clean.

Mouthfeel: Light-medium body. This is a satisfying lager, slightly waxy with the right amount of carbonation.

Drinkablity: This brew seems to taste better that I remember. I am impressed with the quality. It has excellent flavor and body. A classic.

SargeC, Feb 04, 2008
4.05/5  rDev +53.4%

This beer is a beautiful straw-colored brew with constant carbonation bubbles supporting the delicate, brilliant white, fluffy head. Perfectly clear and exactly what you want for this style. Just beautiful.

The nose is great. This has so much more aroma complexity than the typical American Lager. Spicy, malty. You get a good whiff of European hops.

Full-flavored malty brew, but with more hoppiness than other American Lagers. The hops give it a spicy kick. Very interesting. No off-flavors.

Mouthfeel is light and carbonated. Nothing outstanding, but nothing to complain about.

This brew is drinkable to the max and quite satisfying at the same time. Overall I really like this one. Going back to an all-malt recipe was a smart move; it sure payed off big time. Clearly a notch above most. Recommended!

burtonbe, Apr 05, 2008

mdvatab, Nov 16, 2011

tweezer159, May 18, 2014

eye2, Dec 05, 2011

oscodapat, Dec 30, 2011

Well, by the time I drank that beer, I was too far from the Beer fan I am now. It was very nice, in th emiddle of being a dark lager, but it was not annoying, after all. That is what counts from a macro lager for me. NOt refreshing at all, but you can have a good time with it, no aditives being bad in it.

nekronos, Oct 20, 2005