Michelob (Original Lager) - Anheuser-Busch

Michelob (Original Lager)Michelob (Original Lager)

poor

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

Michelob Original Lager is brewed with pale, kilned two-row barley malt and noble European hops.

(Beer added by: Shiloh on 11-28-2001)
View: Beers (79) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Michelob (Original Lager) Alström Bros
scruffy1

06-24-2012 20:13:31 | More by scruffy1
nicholas2121

Michelob is One of the Best Anheuser Busch Beers. The Taste and smell are good. Being made with the finest grains and malts. It dose not get any better than original Michelob. I would Take this over any other beer out there on the market. Michelob is a Great Beer for the Price.

02-09-2014 03:10:05 | More by nicholas2121
lanechaffin

Michelob is one of my favorite beers. It is very smooth and at the same time crisp and bold enough to make for some good drinking. They explain on the label about the quality malt and imported hops. I like the bottles better than your standard longneck, but it seems like they don't hold as much, haha. Every time I pick it up it's nearly empty.

04-18-2009 02:04:06 | More by lanechaffin
GregHoward1966

Kentucky

Michelob original Lager
It's the full body American Pale Ale that set the bar and standard for all American domestic beers. It provides a beer that from the gold clear look to the beautiful aroma and refreshing taste makes Michelob the Lager to emulate.

05-25-2014 01:32:53 | More by GregHoward1966

Mtooman

05-31-2013 21:13:28 | More by Mtooman
Photo of

4.5/5  rDev +69.2%

You rated this beer. Consider writing a review.

08-28-2012 00:46:44 | More by
mickyman71

Georgia

4.5/5  rDev +69.2%

12 pack from the store, i havent drank it in a long time, this beer is probably the best domestic i have ever had. Really smooth taste almost sweet and after taste was very pleasant. pours a golden stream with a thick head. A very bubbly taste. I normally like a darker, a little more bolder taste, but hey, its only american beer, but not bad at all. I will buy this again.

08-14-2009 01:07:24 | More by mickyman71
kdawg105

Georgia

4.38/5  rDev +64.7%

I think it is a really easy drinking beer that goes great with just lounging around and actually wanting more than just one, with this brew you can. Anyway I like to call it a glorified Budweiser because same taste with a vamp. The appearance is typical of this type of lager, smell was nice lot sharper than expected taste blew me away because I like Budweiser as a daily but this thing is Bud with more flavor surely note a hint of hops that is not there with my Budweiser, Turn one up very smooth mouthfeel and easy to drink!

01-14-2012 21:56:55 | More by kdawg105
JMoffatt

4.38/5  rDev +64.7%

Michelob is my favorite beer when I don't have any of my home brewed beer available or when I'm trying to conserve my own beer.
One of the biggest reasons I like Michelob is that I have never had one that tasted bad (outdated) and it is always reasonably priced.
When I have purchased other quality beers that have been put "on sale" I'm usually disappointed in the taste and quality, not so with Michelob.
Having a "born on" date is also a plus because you can shop for the freshest beer and if the store has not been carefull, you can tell if it's too old.

07-17-2004 20:27:19 | More by JMoffatt
fizzy

4.33/5  rDev +62.8%

I don't know what it is with beer reviewers that keep saying "corn" this, and "corn" that. What is with the corn? This is a 2 row all malt beer. You may not care for it, but don't blame everything on corn!
There are some beers that benefit from the addition of some corn. Hey, I had a bottle of sorghum beer the other day and found it pretty good. I like beer, I don't like snobs who think that just because a beer tastes this way or that that it is somehow skunk water.

Serving type: can

07-22-2009 23:01:16 | More by fizzy
JoeyBeerBelly

4.33/5  rDev +62.8%

I had to buy this once I saw the lava lamp bottle was back!

I paid $8.99 for a 12pack at the supermarket, what the heck... if I didn't drink it, my wife would.

I'm basing my review on the beer style...
Macro Brewery / Lager Beer

Anyway, on to the new/old, All Malt, Michelob Lager...

I did this beer the honor of pouring it in to a pint glass (normally I would drink a beer of this style "straight out da bottle"). It was a golden color, lots of carbination, little head and some lacing.

it smelled like beer.

it tasted pretty darn good compared to it's Macro peers.

It felt good in the mouth, kind of fizzy but finished clean.

I could drink lots of this beer when so inspired to do so.

Example: I could bring a case of this over to my bro-in-law's house, knock it off with him during a Yankee game and feel no pain in the morning.

02-23-2007 02:00:12 | More by JoeyBeerBelly
Mattsoddtaste

4.28/5  rDev +60.9%

Wow my first beer review ever! This one is a roast-y/dry brew in my opinion. The almost watery yet frothy mouthfeel gives me something akin to Guinness, while the overall body has an uplifting cirtus feel. Bready, zesty and full Michelob lager, while being a full flavored lager, is just missing that...something. Mellow and likeable, this might even make a decent session beer. Cheers!
P.s You Sam Adams guys will LOVE this one!

05-12-2014 02:34:51 | More by Mattsoddtaste

01-05-2014 21:32:57 | More by Shawn25
SargeC

Japan

4.2/5  rDev +57.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I do not think I have had this brew since I pounded a few in the parking lot before a Steve Miller concert in the 80s.

Appearance: Clear gold brew with a thick white head. Good carbonation flow.

Smell: Clean aroma. Has solid hints of malt and hops.

Taste: Good malt flavor with a perfect touch of hops for the style. Finishes clean.

Mouthfeel: Light-medium body. This is a satisfying lager, slightly waxy with the right amount of carbonation.

Drinkablity: This brew seems to taste better that I remember. I am impressed with the quality. It has excellent flavor and body. A classic.

02-04-2008 05:45:33 | More by SargeC
burtonbe

Nebraska

4.05/5  rDev +52.3%

This beer is a beautiful straw-colored brew with constant carbonation bubbles supporting the delicate, brilliant white, fluffy head. Perfectly clear and exactly what you want for this style. Just beautiful.

The nose is great. This has so much more aroma complexity than the typical American Lager. Spicy, malty. You get a good whiff of European hops.

Full-flavored malty brew, but with more hoppiness than other American Lagers. The hops give it a spicy kick. Very interesting. No off-flavors.

Mouthfeel is light and carbonated. Nothing outstanding, but nothing to complain about.

This brew is drinkable to the max and quite satisfying at the same time. Overall I really like this one. Going back to an all-malt recipe was a smart move; it sure payed off big time. Clearly a notch above most. Recommended!

04-05-2008 18:04:47 | More by burtonbe

oscodapat

12-30-2011 06:59:32 | More by oscodapat
nekronos

Mexico

Well, by the time I drank that beer, I was too far from the Beer fan I am now. It was very nice, in th emiddle of being a dark lager, but it was not annoying, after all. That is what counts from a macro lager for me. NOt refreshing at all, but you can have a good time with it, no aditives being bad in it.

10-20-2005 13:41:42 | More by nekronos