Natty Daddy - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Luigi on 09-18-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natty Daddy Alström Bros
2.35/5  rDev -2.5%

It looks fine poured in a big schooner, with an ok head. It looks like a "thick" lager. It smells a tad bit rancid. First taste is rough. The mouthfeel is also "thick" for a lager. By the time you get a quarter into the 25oz, it tastes ok. Do not let it get warm ... you will die (it will become so "thick" and syrupy that it will take you to your knees).

I do drink this beer. I enjoy the heck out of it in the right circumstances. I truly love good beers and ales. This is not one of them. It does however, have it place, as a quick hit malt liquor that will put the crowd in the mood. It is similar to Fireball as compare to decent whiskey. It has it place as a party starter.

konisko, Jun 14, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -37.8%

LutherBrau, Tuesday at 09:00 PM
3.75/5  rDev +55.6%

I bought this drunk and drank it the next morning and for a 1.82 I kinda liked it

Pshore91, Saturday at 04:06 AM

Really sweet and ok when Ice cold. Once it gets warmer its terrible.

InstantBeer, Sep 09, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -37.8%

malfunxion, Sep 01, 2014
2.75/5  rDev +14.1%

Really this is a fine beer for what it is. Which is to say...hiccup...if you are looking to get hammered on...hiccup...the cheap, this is the...hiccup...beer for...hiccup...you. There is nothing offensive or even remotely so, except for the flavor on the can from the constant smell of the place that I bought it. It isn't good beer. But it is fine for what it is.

TriedandBrew, Aug 31, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +45.2%

Sitting here having the first one as I was tempted at the local convenience store at $2.99 for a 4 pack of 16 oz'ers.

Amazingly not as bad as I thought it would be. Definitely better than most, if not all of the "malt liquors" I've sampled.

Drinkable extremely cold and a nice buzz at a low price if that's your goal!

absoluteze, Aug 25, 2014
1.21/5  rDev -49.8%

Not my favorite by any stretch. The appearance was a hazy pale yellow with no head and flat looking. The smell is all booze with no hop,malt, or anything else to speak of, maybe a little rice. The taste wasn't good either, mainly starting off weak with light rice flavor and then a heavy booze finish. Overall I think I'll stop taking freebies from salesmen for a little bit.

WhiteHillsStore, Aug 16, 2014

3.83/5  rDev +58.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Natty Daddy

25 Oz can poured into a frosty, glass mug

A: Golden yellow, Not too pale, Clear.
Fast growing head, About 3 fingers.
Not much retention, Less than 1 finger.
Moderate lacing.

S: Sweet Corn, Yeast, Malt, Bread
Cannot detect any hops, Though I imagine they are used at some point.

T: Apple-like sweetness, Corn, Slightly sour, or tart.
Definitely not your average tasting beer, or malt liquor,
Does not linger, No strong or offensive aftertaste.
Still not finding any strong hop flavor, But they could just be used to balance.

M: Light, Like water mixed with a little sugar to give it slight viscosity.
Stronger, more active carbonation when consumed just after opening,
As it sits, Most of the carbonation just evaporates away.

This beer surprised me, or rather, caught me off guard being much more bearable than I had expected. I used to buy only Best Ice until I think I was given on by accident, Now I'm hooked. Now I am not saying that it is this is one of the best beers ever, But I do not think it should be on the worst list either. When you read that it has 8% abv, You automatically think of a nasty malt liquor, Since not many 8% beers taste well. That being said, I find this beer has a good taste, Not offensive, And great price, At $1.35-$1.55, Although I've heard that it can go over $2 in certain areas. It used to be $1.09, But I guess they realized how many people preferred Natty Daddy over King Kobra, Steel Reserve or whichever High Gravity Malt Liquor.
Overall, This beer will remain with me throughout my life.

TonyPerdomo, Jun 08, 2014