Natty Daddy - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Luigi on 09-18-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natty Daddy Alström Bros

TurboChief, Jul 30, 2014

Justinn13, Jun 16, 2013

dubmax, Oct 23, 2012

Boozyrican, Jul 07, 2014

sportzfreak1393, May 20, 2014

Haha, all you arrogant so called beer connoisseurs would be begging for an ice cold 24oz can of Natty Daddy on a hot summer day if you were without. And you would love every drop of its perfectly intoxicating effects! Had to give this beer all 5' to offset all the undeserved haters. This is a mega brewed beer. You should rate accordingly and not go comparing it to craft beers. It does a great job at being what it is meant to be. So go buy a 24oz Natty Daddy and revel in its perfectly intoxicating glory.

danorano, May 29, 2013
4.43/5  rDev +83.8%

I like this beer because it's a smooth tasting beer and it's inexpensive.
If I have two sleepless nights I buy 2 Natty Daddy's (24 oz cans) and begin
drinking around 8 pm. It just makes me relax and around 10 or 10:30 pm
I go to bed and fall asleep pretty quickly and don't wake up till 6 or 7 am.

Gretel, Jul 02, 2013
4.38/5  rDev +81.7%

This beer poured a honey gold with a moderate white head. It smells boozy, sweet, and cheap. Are those flavours? I think they are. It smells a little more like euro strong lagers than typical American malt liquor. So, this may be a very pleasant surprise.
The taste is really not bad for a malt liquor. I don't know why people are hating on it. Comparing it within its class, I'll have to give it a high mark. I've been waiting for a brew like this to be released. A sweet, smooth malt liquor that tastes boozy, between 8 and 9% alcohol and DOESN'T taste like nasty chemicals. This doesn't, so in its class, that's a plus right there.
The taste makes it clear that despite the smell, it doesn't quite meet the euro strong lager standard. For some reason, those are always better than their American counterparts. It's no Olde English either, but I'd say that's the closest comparison. It's like an Olde English that tastes boozier (a good thing), but has a little bit of an astringent off-flavour that makes it not quite on the same level as OE, which I consider to be the top of its class. Good stuff, though. I'll probably get it again. I'm sad that it was Busch that finally did this, but I've been waiting for someone to make a very simple, boozy, sweet malt liquor following the European example of making them simple and cheap, but not tasting like nasty chemicals or green apples. So, congrats Busch. I wish someone else could have done it first.

Final note: Great swill. That last few gulps of warm malt liquor that can have a devastating effect on your opinion of the cheap beer you've been swiggin. In this case, not a big problem. Even after it warms up, it's perfectly tolerable. But like all malt liquors, it's much better cold.

ElCommodoro, Oct 16, 2011
4.25/5  rDev +76.3%

brutesdad, Jan 29, 2014
3.83/5  rDev +58.9%

Natty Daddy

25 Oz can poured into a frosty, glass mug

A: Golden yellow, Not too pale, Clear.
Fast growing head, About 3 fingers.
Not much retention, Less than 1 finger.
Moderate lacing.

S: Sweet Corn, Yeast, Malt, Bread
Cannot detect any hops, Though I imagine they are used at some point.

T: Apple-like sweetness, Corn, Slightly sour, or tart.
Definitely not your average tasting beer, or malt liquor,
Does not linger, No strong or offensive aftertaste.
Still not finding any strong hop flavor, But they could just be used to balance.

M: Light, Like water mixed with a little sugar to give it slight viscosity.
Stronger, more active carbonation when consumed just after opening,
As it sits, Most of the carbonation just evaporates away.

This beer surprised me, or rather, caught me off guard being much more bearable than I had expected. I used to buy only Best Ice until I think I was given on by accident, Now I'm hooked. Now I am not saying that it is this is one of the best beers ever, But I do not think it should be on the worst list either. When you read that it has 8% abv, You automatically think of a nasty malt liquor, Since not many 8% beers taste well. That being said, I find this beer has a good taste, Not offensive, And great price, At $1.35-$1.55, Although I've heard that it can go over $2 in certain areas. It used to be $1.09, But I guess they realized how many people preferred Natty Daddy over King Kobra, Steel Reserve or whichever High Gravity Malt Liquor.
Overall, This beer will remain with me throughout my life.

TonyPerdomo, Jun 08, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +55.6%

I bought this drunk and drank it the next morning and for a 1.82 I kinda liked it

Pshore91, Saturday at 04:06 AM
3.75/5  rDev +55.6%

dylntbrown, Dec 10, 2013
3.7/5  rDev +53.5%

Honestly these beers arent that bad. They are not for a light weight because of their heavier alcohol content.. In my opinion if you can't handle a natty daddy you shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all, so yea. Drink on, friends and be safe. Much love

traehindman, Nov 06, 2013

acknight, Aug 30, 2012
3.5/5  rDev +45.2%

Sitting here having the first one as I was tempted at the local convenience store at $2.99 for a 4 pack of 16 oz'ers.

Amazingly not as bad as I thought it would be. Definitely better than most, if not all of the "malt liquors" I've sampled.

Drinkable extremely cold and a nice buzz at a low price if that's your goal!

absoluteze, Aug 25, 2014

BigTrubble, May 10, 2014
3.38/5  rDev +40.2%

Natty Daddy has a thick, white head and a clear, golden appearance, with a little bit of lacing left behind. The aroma is a sharp, sweet, corn husk smell, and the taste is sweet, yet not overly so, and one picks up grain, a nice hop bitterness at the end, and there is a mild alcohol under-taste. The mouthfeel is medium to heavy, and Natty Daddy finishes pretty crisp, clean, refreshing, and easy drinking. I can see how this could get someone in trouble. Overall, this is a winner for Anheuser-Busch.

RJT

RonaldTheriot, Dec 15, 2011
3.38/5  rDev +40.2%

Reviewed to style - not my favorite style, but surprisingly good for the style!

Pulled up at my local and realized that my wallet was in my desk drawer at work. So, I dug through the ashtray for change - I found $2.fiddy. I see where this is going....

A: Served in the blue can it came in - proper drinkware for this IMHO. I'm sure there's some sorta concoction in there, do I really want to see it? 2.0 for the funky font on the can.

S: Wow! Granted it's not Stone Ruination, but for a Malt Liquor it's --- not awful! A bit of grain, some fruitiness - adjunct based alcohol? A whole lot of metallic canniness....(made that werd up meself!)

T: Pretty darn good! Tastes a lot like a somewhat old, low end lager to me. A lot of steely grain, not cloyingly sweet, 8% alcohol is well masked.

M: Lager - a tad oily at the end of the can, one was enough. Any more and it would get ugly quick.

O: I was shocked - I expected this to be on par with Steel Reserve, but it really wasn't horrible. It wasn't good, but considering that I got it with ashtray money, it was amazingly drinkable.

Recommended if you find yourself in my situation!

After reading a few of the other reviews, I really wish I'd been at County Line beach and drank this as StillBuff did! ROFL on the "...thoughts of doing bad sh*t..."

Lockedin, Aug 24, 2012
3.38/5  rDev +40.2%

This product is great for what it is: a cheap, high-octane, malt liquor that's easy to swallow and carries a heavy punch. It's best for those days when you want to get drunk quickly for under four dollars. Around here, a can usually costs under 2 dollars and, when I drink it quickly, gives me a pretty nice buzz. Two cans and I'm officially drunk. Sure, it's not the best tasting beer, but what do you expect for something that costs less than most big bottles of soda. This is my goto cheap-ass beer.

psychonautica, Aug 23, 2013
3.31/5  rDev +37.3%

A lot of the reviews on this beer are unfair. It has already been said, but this beer is not brewed for beer aficionados. I usually drink craft beers that are brewed for flavor, so this is different for me. This beer is a cheap 8% ABV beer that is marketed for the buzz over the flavor. I purchased it almost as a joke and felt like I was being brave in a way for drinking it. I'm not a total stranger to high gravity beers, but before I opened this Natty Daddy, I didn't expect to be able finish it.

This is so much better than I would have ever thought! It will give you a quick buzz and the flavor and mouthfeel aren't so bad. Personally, I would use this as a pregamer for sporting events and concerts. I'd much rather drink a 24oz of this before going into a venue than overspend stale tasting bud lights inside.

I recommend this for people who would like to get buzzed fast or would like to catch a buzz on a budget. This will get you drunk.

nhnyr88, Jul 02, 2013
3.28/5  rDev +36.1%

okay, let me start out by saying I have drank everything from boones farm to the highest end single malt scotch, I am a big fan of natural ice ... so I saw this and I had to try it, I will agree it is definitely no natural ice ... but, It is what it is... and that is a quick buzz in a can... or 2 to 3 cans, whatever... anyways, for what it is it is not half bad, but if I had a few extra bucks I would just slam a 12 pack of natural ice and call it a sure thing.

diesel59, Jun 29, 2013
3.28/5  rDev +36.1%

This is what Bud Light Platinum should taste like...

why this is in the American Malt Liquor category is a bit odd...this is a lager...i will review it as such.

24oz can bought at Stripes in Lubbock Texas for $1.29...on sale when it was first released. its $1.99 now.

easily the best in the Natural line...drinks like a Natty Ice but not a horrible afterbite like a Natty Ice...it leaves a typical lager aftertaste...not much at all

This is a incredibly smooth and light lager for 8.0%

the taste isnt outstanding but its not bad...one of the best A-B brands. Natty Daddy and Hurricane High Grav are where its at for economy drinking,ABV and some sort of flavor when it comes to the big brewers

If they lowered the price a tad in some areas,itd be the goto drunkfest beer for the college set.

Its worth a try once...its way better than Natural Ice...that being said...its slightly above average.lol

netrioter, Jul 20, 2012
3.25/5  rDev +34.9%

longbongsilver, Dec 03, 2012
3.2/5  rDev +32.8%

24 oz can into a frosted mug. $1.40, 8% abv!!! Ohhh yeah!!

A - Dark straw yellow body with a fluffy white head. Lots of head...

S - Sweet corn, grain, and a touch of bready malts. Not bad.

T - Sweet corn and bready malts. I actually find myself enjoying the flavor? Interesting. Mouth feel is watery and light, refreshing with little evidence of the high abv.

O - One of the better malt liquors I've had. Not bad.

davey101, Apr 11, 2012
3.18/5  rDev +32%

24oz can
Served in a nonic pint

A - Clear, pale and yellow. Voluptuous white head.

S - Grain and some alcohol.

T - It actually had some taste compared to the Light version. I get some grain and alcohol.

M - Thin

O - For all intents and purposes this reminds me of an ice beer.

buschbeer, Jun 23, 2012