Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Natty Daddy (8%) - Anheuser-Busch

Natty Daddy (8%)Natty Daddy (8%)

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: Luigi on 09-18-2011

I am not about to try this beer. I have a story to tell and it is quite interesting! A man in a nearby town killed a woman and admitted to drinking Natty Daddy beer after the killing. I work in a convience store. Every time I wait on a customer, that is what I think of...that man and the graphic detail of how he killed that lady. I didn't know her. One of my customers came in the store on a Monday or Tuesday and was buying that beer. I told him of the man that killed that lady and my customer said it wasn't the beer that killed her. I told him he is correct, but when you are "sober" you aren't as big as you are when you are drunk. Wednesday came and went. Thursday came...he got into an argument with his wife and it could have been physical though the police are saying there weren't signs of physical altercations on her body. She was hit by a car and killed. Two woman are DEAD from men drinking this beer. Ironic?!?!?!?!?!? That is what I would like to know, which brought me to this site. stillbuff and i quote says on here (7-2-12) "totally tasted the booze and thoughts of doing bad sh*t immediately came through my head which told me that this was a good malt liquor." THOUGHTS OF DOING BAD SH*T IMMEDIATELY CAME THROUGH MY HEAD...hmmm. Another quote from thekevlarkid (1-29-12) "Nothing to speak of and clearly just a beer that's trying to get people ripped so they'll be half conscious when they mug someone in a row house and smoke their chiba one the street before being hit by a car because that is how it is done here in Balitmore. Awesome." BEFORE BEING HIT BY A CAR. Yep! That is how it is done where I am too because now there are FIVE children without a beautiful mother. Death is something serious that doesn't happen every day and for two men to be involved in deaths with women after drinking this beer, is it ironic or is it THE beer??? I am not going to try it!

This is the worst beer I have ever had. I am not one to pour out a beer, but half-way thru this huge can, and I started to develop a headache. Instant hang-over in a can... had to go down the drain. Just awful.

1.17/5  rDev -54.1%

To beer fair any beer called, Natty Daddy, needs no other criticism, I drank this at a Pitt tailgate and much like English Bob, I walked up slowly on the beer tub,because I was drunk!

1.21/5  rDev -52.5%

Not my favorite by any stretch. The appearance was a hazy pale yellow with no head and flat looking. The smell is all booze with no hop,malt, or anything else to speak of, maybe a little rice. The taste wasn't good either, mainly starting off weak with light rice flavor and then a heavy booze finish. Overall I think I'll stop taking freebies from salesmen for a little bit.

1.54/5  rDev -39.6%

This is by far the worst beer I have ever had. It is straw colored. It kind of smells like plastic. you can smell the alcohol in it. The taste is kind of sour. I took about 2 drinks of it and got almost instant gut rot. It might make me really sick if I drank a whole one.

1.55/5  rDev -39.2%

24 ounce can served up in a pint glass, this is horrible looking, smelling, and tasting beer. But there's the freshman year college student living in me that has to try this beer. WTF, it's fizzy yellow and high in alcohol. No head retention or lacing this beer looks like carbonated cider or apple juice. Aroma has a solvent chemical smell to it that really doesn't sit well with me, believe me this isn't the beer I'm going to reach for ever again. Flavor wise it's hard to believe they make something this horrible who pitched this to the marketing team, alright the insanely popular Natty Light has to be bigger let's call it NattyDaddy. Hard to swallow down, pretty smooth considering the alcohol content as far as any type of a burn. Harsh in the flavor cooked corn veggies a hint of metallic disgust and more chemical solvent no classic natural ingredients come to mind other than damn this came from a lab and a factory setting. Mouthfeel is horrible the flavor won't leave the palate this is getting dumped down the drain. That pretty much explains how I feel about 24 ounce malt liquor.

1.66/5  rDev -34.9%

absolutly AWEFUL cheap 8 alc folume beer. this by far is the worst beer I ever had I do not know why as it tasted mutch like other cheap beers but must be something in it. i cannot say mutch for it's taste or smell becuase after drinking only 2 i started pukeing violently. to down the other 2 i had to wait a week and mix it in with other beers. must be something in it that caused me to become sick.

i would not recomend this beer to anyone unless pukeing is what you consider a good time.

1.72/5  rDev -32.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Natty daddy from the ultra rare 8oz mini can:

Pours with a scanty head of white on a clear, straw colored body. No retention no lace. An aroma of weak apple juice/cheap champagne. The flavor is more watered down apple juice with notes of nail polish remover and sadness. Medium body, fairly high carbonation and a slightly sweet finish. This is unusually bad, to the point that I actually laughed out loud when I first tasted it. Not sure what the point of this product is, since they already make other high gravity malt liquors that don't suck quite as much as this one.

1.85/5  rDev -27.5%

Well folks ... I am a retired chemistry teacher, now working as a chef in a restaurant that now sells "beer to go" ... I guess that my "attention" was "piqued" by the "NattyDaddy" display which "highlighted" the 8.0% alcohol by volume content. So .. yep .. I bought a 24 ounce can ... the taste was HORRIBLE ... to me like, "liquid aluminum" .. but .. the 8% worked its "magic" ... so your choice is obviously ... "taste or effect" (or is it affect?) Oh yea ... we sell it for $1.29 for a 24 ounce can!

1.93/5  rDev -24.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Poured this American Malt Liquor from a 22 oz can into a pint glass. Poured a bright yellow color, produced a small white head, poor retention and it left no lacing on the glass. The aroma consisted of light malt, adjuncts. Not much doing. Light in body, this brew had a foundation of thin malted grain, there is just a touch of hops- semi sweet. Watery, thin, not much flavor to speak of. Another weak offering from AB.

1.95/5  rDev -23.5%

Its cheap, it does the job there is nothing to hate about it. It is what is is a inexpensive high alcohol beer that will get you drunk. If you are strictly a craft beer drinker yeah you wont like it cause it has nothing to do with craft but overall for the price and the alcohol percent you will have a hard to time beat it.

1.96/5  rDev -23.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

tastes like diesel fuel watered down and fizzy
and im suprised i actually like natural ice . but this was garbage , id rather drink old englishe hurricane HG , i think i tolerated magnum better

avoid at all costs unless you want to share it and see your friends puke in their mouth

almost as bad as stack and kringle crack this is the 4rd worst beer i have ever had next to icehouse and mickeys even camo xrta isnt as bad

update: 2/10/14 this isn't half bad 2 for $3
yeah corny fizzy and 8% abv

but really as re-reviewed natrual ice wasn't as good as i remember , icehouse is way better
so take the taste of natural ice and make it more corny and stronger achohol after taste but not by much, you get naddydatty its ok its not quite as good as shlitz high gravity or icehouse edge , its just below,old English steel reserve and hurricane , but not by much .

still better than dogbite /(genesee high gravity , and the dreaded stack or camo (which i havent had but its probably better )

its a ok , not horrible not great but ok for a high gravity ,

1.99/5  rDev -22%

24 fl oz. can. Natty Daddy, my first official review on BeerAdvocate of an Anheuser-Busch product. I'm a little frightened, to be quite honest. This can has obviously been sitting for a while, the lip was dirty and I had to wash it off, and the can is pretty banged up. Code on the bottom which I won't bother with. Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass, for the sake of my own dignity.

A - Pours three fingers of quickly dissolving eggshell white head, audibly fizzing away. Typical urine malt liquor yellow appearance. Some bubbles, and some sediment twirling around. Thin streaks of lacing near the bottom of the glass.

S - Smells of dusty, stale, malt and corn adjuncts, old man sweat, and contempt.

T - Artificially sweet sugary corn syrup type taste. Malty, far too artificially sweet. Doesn't have any real legitimate corn taste, just artificial adjuncts, fruitiness, and syrup. I guess the main point of all that is to cover the vague notion of rubbing alcohol that begins to creep out as you sip on this.

M - Feel is dry and bitter, actually. Slight medicinal aftertaste, but not as disgusting as the Steel Reserve 211 High Gravity. Carbonation isn't nearly as awful and bloating as it could be.

Overall, this Anheuser-Busch Natty Daddy gets the thumbs down. Too fake, syrupy, sweetened, and virtually flavorless. If it weren't for the 8.00% abv, there would be absolutely no reason to drink this at all. This beer is nearly as bad as the Steel Reserve 211 High Gravity, although maybe not quite as awful. This is among one of the worst beers I have ever drank, but I have definitely had worse.

Anheuser-Busch Natty Daddy ---2/5.

2.01/5  rDev -21.2%

Anheuser Busch : Natty DADDY

APPEARANCE: Kept it classy and poured it into a pint glass from the 24oz can. Pale straw yellow. Little head, no lace really.

SMELL: Stale, sweet corn and rice, a bit of musty arm pit. Smells like oxidized college keg beer.

TASTE: A big sweet demon, lots of corn and rice, really no hop bitterness and scarce to no other flavors. Flash of bland maltyness, more sweet and does a fair job at masking the alcohol if nothing else. The off scent of the beer thankfully was not present in the taste. Alittle bit of oxidized green apple. Eh, this is a pretty sweet malt liquor, even by hobo standards.

FEEL: Medium bodied, yet very flimsy and watery.

OVERALL: This is a sweet one dimensional beer that will get you drunk. Play your beer pong with caution dudes.

2.03/5  rDev -20.4%

Poured from a 24oz can into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a bright yellow color, with a short white head that fades quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma contains light malts, adjuncts, a touch of alcohol and a very faint bit of hops.

T: The taste starts out with some sweetness from a very thin malt character. There’s a very mild hops presence and a faint touch of alcohol bite that come in next but not much balance. The after-taste is slightly sweet.

M: Crisp and a little smooth but a bit watery, light-to-medium body, medium carbonation, finish is slightly sticky.

O: Not very flavorful even in comparison to other beers in the style, goes down ok and not too filling since there isn’t a lot to the beer, good kick, decent representation of style, as the name implies this beer is basically Natty Ice with more alcohol.

2.05/5  rDev -19.6%

Sometimes you just have to sit back and wonder why Anheuser-Busch does what it does. I always applaud a new high gravity beer (read: inexpensive with lots of alcohol) but even I can draw a line in the sand.

A - I'm not putting this into a glass. The very pale yellow color of the liquid left on the rim of the can tells me it is as expected. At 8.0%, to look like a light beer isn't impressive.

S - Typical A-B product. Very similar to Hurricane High Gravity. Stanky malts, vinegar, and rice. Extra stanky.

T - Bitter. I thought this would be a stronger tasting Natural Ice, but it isn't. Dangerously close to Hurricane High Gravity but separated by the lack of sweetness. Did I say bitter?

M - Poor. Natural Ice is highly carbonated. This should be highly carbonated. It isn't. Opening the can only produces a medium carbonation. By the time you reach the swill you're praying to God there is enough carbonation left to make this seem like a beer.

O - Come on A-B. Really? Natural (Natty) Ice is competitive in it's class. This, well, isn't. I'd choose Hurricane High Gravity all day over Natty Daddy. I applaud you for trying, but you can do better.

2.06/5  rDev -19.2%

Holly crap!! NattyDaddy!!!!

Golden pale with a good lace around the glass.

Smells like alcohol, corn, and some grass.

The taste is pretty much cooked corn, some barley, and cereal. Not much hops involved. Oh yeah and alcohol.

Light body medium carbonated. Not much else to be said.

This beer by it's very name is marketed to people who need to get drunk quick. Ever heard the term "fratty light"? This is the same thing on steroids. And how can the can have ale and lager on the label at the same time? That is why I do know really know what style this is. Malt liquor I guess?

2.1/5  rDev -17.6%

Pours a pale golden yellow with a thing layer of loose, soft, bubbly, off white head that quickly fades away. The smell is faint; grainy and sweet. The flavor the same; grainy, sweet, mild grass, faint alcohol. The mouthfeel is very light, thin, and crisp.

This is a drinkable beer that's actually very much ignored. Rightfully so. This is not a good beer.

2.14/5  rDev -16.1%

Drank this at the beach illegally in a brown bag like any man should.
Had a real "suck" taste. Being a man of no money I have a lot of experience with malt liquors and I still enjoyed this. Totally tasted the booze and thoughts of doing bad sh*t immediately came through my head which told me that this was a good malt liquor. Sent some real stupid texts to chicks after this beer... Drink this if its on sale.

2.15/5  rDev -15.7%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Okay, okay. I know this beer is not great. But, why would people buy this beer? Because its cheap and powerful. In that regard it is great. I am sure if I had the disposable income I'd buy another beer. BUT I DON'T. I'd also like to warn people about this beer. I drank 5 cans and that was way, way too much. Trust me.
After the first can its starts tasting very good. Before you know it, BAM. your crying for your Mama.

2.23/5  rDev -12.5%

Out of a can this beer was a clear, pale, golden color with one finger of fluffy white head. The retention was not bad and it left streaks of lacing. The aroma was of corn, sweet malt, cheap booze and an artificial sweetness akin to candy. The flavors were similar, being pretty much the standard grainy booze and sweet malt trying to hide the grainy booze. Nothing to speak of and clearly just a beer that’s trying to get people ripped so they’ll be half conscious when they mug someone in a row house and smoke their chiba one the street before being hit by a car because that’s how its done here in Baltimore. Awesome. The mouthfeel was average, the body medium/light and the carbonation high.

2.24/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Drunk straight from the 25 oz can (dat extra ounce) - because why would you put this in a glass?

A: (Insert typical adjunct lager/malt liquor appearance here) The can looks kinda cool.

S: Sweet, alcohol, corn.

T: Not that good. Flavor is dominated by an almost dirty taste. A sweetness and a long overcooked corn flavor accompany. The 8% is noticeable, but doesn't make me cringe.

M: Alcohol warms. More oily than any malt liquors our AALs I've had.

O: I'm just going to finish this can...aaand I'm buzzing.

2.29/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Let's see...normally, I wouldn't bother with a malt liquor, but a combination of morbid curiosity, low price (99 cents), and a desire to get drunk on the cheap led me to getting a can of this. 24 oz. can poured into a weizen glass.

A: Pours a typical light straw color with perfect clarity. The white color head is a six finger monstrosity with very small bubbles, which fades to nothing in no time. Even still, good looking for a malt liquor.

S: Somewhat unpleasant graininess and cooked vegetables. About what I expected it to be - terrible.

T: This, however, isn't completely awful. There's a typical corn and grain note, but somewhere after the midtaste comes a candied sweetness that isn't as unpalatable as I expected. The aftertaste is a little offputting and overly chemical (likely due to the booze coming through the flavor), but otherwise, I could drink the entire can of this. In fact, it's slightly better than expected!

M: Distractingly syrupy; otherwise, it's light bodied with a wet finish and high carbonation. Touches of alcohol can be felt on the palate, but it's far from overbearing.

O: I am really not hating this like I expected to. It's certainly not very good, but it only serves one purpose (getting drunk on the cheap), and in that regard, it fulfills exactly what it sets out to do. Worth a try if you can get it inexpensively like I did, just don't expect much.

2.35/5  rDev -7.8%

No usual born on date anywhere on the can. Bottom of the can says 11258. August 25, 2011?

It pours a yellow colour with a 1 finger head of foam, and decent lacing.

The smell is the usual for the style, lots of grain, corn, nondescript bitterness.

The taste is pretty uninspiring, even for the style, which is a tough one to impress most palates. A residual sweetness that comes from boosting the abv; grain, lots of alcohol. Not a tasty Malt Liquor at all....not even close to one of my favourites, Mickey's Malt Liquor. There's no real actual taste to speak of; it's meant to get one drunk as quickly as possible for the cheap, I reckon. Why did they bother to reinvent the wheel of misfortune?

That's it. I have no more to say other than, tick it if you must, but that's all it's good for. Yuck.

2.38/5  rDev -6.7%

It looks fine poured in a big schooner, with an ok head. It looks like a "thick" lager. It smells a tad bit rancid. First taste is rough. The mouthfeel is also "thick" for a lager. By the time you get a quarter into the 25oz, it tastes ok. Do not let it get warm ... you will die (it will become so "thick" and syrupy that it will take you to your knees).

I do drink this beer. I enjoy the heck out of it in the right circumstances. I truly love good beers and ales. This is not one of them. It does however, have it place, as a quick hit malt liquor that will put the crowd in the mood. It is similar to Fireball as compare to decent whiskey. It has it place as a party starter.

Natty Daddy (8%) from Anheuser-Busch