Natty Daddy (8%) - Anheuser-Busch

Natty Daddy (8%)Natty Daddy (8%)

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: Luigi on 09-18-2011

2.66/5  rDev -2.9%

Natty Daddy Is Death In a Can made by Anheuser Busch. 8.1 abv. For the money you will get messed up....Fucked up. Over all this a beer you buy when you want one beer. Not the greatest but not the worst out there. Taste is heavy and bitter. The color is darker than Natural ICE and Bud ICE. Mouth feel was ok. (308 characters)

1.72/5  rDev -37.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Natty daddy from the ultra rare 8oz mini can:

Pours with a scanty head of white on a clear, straw colored body. No retention no lace. An aroma of weak apple juice/cheap champagne. The flavor is more watered down apple juice with notes of nail polish remover and sadness. Medium body, fairly high carbonation and a slightly sweet finish. This is unusually bad, to the point that I actually laughed out loud when I first tasted it. Not sure what the point of this product is, since they already make other high gravity malt liquors that don't suck quite as much as this one. (573 characters)

3.68/5  rDev +34.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Honestly these beers arent that bad. They are not for a light weight because of their heavier alcohol content.. In my opinion if you can't handle a natty daddy you shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all, so yea. Drink on, friends and be safe. Much love (250 characters)

2.24/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Drunk straight from the 25 oz can (dat extra ounce) - because why would you put this in a glass?

A: (Insert typical adjunct lager/malt liquor appearance here) The can looks kinda cool.

S: Sweet, alcohol, corn.

T: Not that good. Flavor is dominated by an almost dirty taste. A sweetness and a long overcooked corn flavor accompany. The 8% is noticeable, but doesn't make me cringe.

M: Alcohol warms. More oily than any malt liquors our AALs I've had.

O: I'm just going to finish this can...aaand I'm buzzing. (516 characters)

2.71/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

A: Pours a crystal clear medium yellow in color with significant amounts of active visible carbonation streaming from the bottom of the glass and some faint golden yellow highlights. The beer has a two finger tall sudsy white head that reduces to a large patch of thick film and a thick ring at the edges of the glass. Light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Moderate aromas of grainy malts with moderate to strong notes of corn adjunct and a touch of apple juice sweetness.

T: Upfront there are moderate flavors of grainy malts with moderate to strong flavors of corn adjuncts and sweetness. There is a light amount of alcohol and some strange chemical metallic flavors (which is all together not that pleasant). Light amounts of lingering bitterness.

M: Medium bodied with slightly more than moderate amounts of carbonation. Slightly thin/watery with a light touch of alcohol warming.

O: For a malt liquor this one is really not that bad, it is drinkable and the flavors are not overly intense with the alcohol being fairly well hidden (which is unusual for the style). (1,076 characters)

2.83/5  rDev +3.3%

Cheap can of malt liquor found at the store I haven't tried before so how bad can it be?

Poured in a glass to take a look.

Amazingly pale colored for what it is. Clear pale yellow with a decent small white colored head that soon fades.

Smell as expected is sweet. Sweet corn scent with detectable amount of hop. Clean scent with some slight fruity scents mostly lemon. Seems to be quite clean of fusel alcohols. At least they didn't rush the fermentation with too high heat.

Starts out rather clean tasting for the beer style. Mineral water and some seltzer bubbles on the tongue. Slight bitterness and a slight metallic taste but overall good for the beer type.

Mouthfeel is decent.

Overall, for an American Malt Liquor it is quite good. Not going to fill the refrigerator with the stuff but is is better than 95% of what you will find. (843 characters)

2.75/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 4

They were out of keystone ice and I spied these little gems priced 3 for $3. I grew up on mickie's and colt45 so I am not adverse to a little buzz beer. I was pleasantly surprised it was not at all super skunky or burny. I have had occasion to sip a camo beer and this was no where near the horrid bilge that stuff is. Nowadays beer comes in different colors, flavors, alc %s, etc. This at least comes across as resembling the original german style beverage. (458 characters)

3.34/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This product is great for what it is: a cheap, high-octane, malt liquor that's easy to swallow and carries a heavy punch. It's best for those days when you want to get drunk quickly for under four dollars. Around here, a can usually costs under 2 dollars and, when I drink it quickly, gives me a pretty nice buzz. Two cans and I'm officially drunk. Sure, it's not the best tasting beer, but what do you expect for something that costs less than most big bottles of soda. This is my goto cheap-ass beer. (502 characters)

1.54/5  rDev -43.8%

This is by far the worst beer I have ever had. It is straw colored. It kind of smells like plastic. you can smell the alcohol in it. The taste is kind of sour. I took about 2 drinks of it and got almost instant gut rot. It might make me really sick if I drank a whole one. (272 characters)

2.4/5  rDev -12.4%

24oz can poured into a snifter.

A: Pours a clear light golden pale with a two finger white head. Fairly quick to dissipate, the head doesnt leave much lacing on the glass. Not too much visible carbonation.

S: Typical aroma of most BMC beers with a slightly sweeter malt body and more alcohol presence.

T: Not totally offensive in the flavor department. Corn sweetness is the main character of this brew. Booze is well hidden for 8% as long as you drink it cold. Will admit I thought this was going to be worse than it was.

M: Light body with fairly low carbonation. Somewhat clean finish, not too sticky from all the malts.

Overall its a strong beer to get you drunk. As someone else mentioned, the can states its both a lager and an ale which is pretty funny. Drink this sucker cold. (792 characters)

2.99/5  rDev +9.1%

From the 24 ounce can it pours gold with one finger of quickly vanishing white foamy head. A small ring of white remains. Two or three spots of lacing.
Smell is fermented apple skins with a kiss of corn.
Taste is like Natural Light with a half jigger of vodka dumped in it. The malts and corn vie for the lead with the alcohol winning out. There is probably a kiss of hops somewhere in this brew but hard to prove. Malty and boozy. At least it is not the liquid candy that many of these malt liquors taste like.
Mouthfeel is fizzy and light. Finish is sweet of course but later a measure of dryness creeps in.
Overall I don't claim to have tried all the malt bombs available but this is at least average so far. You can tell it is related to Natural Light/ Ice. (763 characters)

4.4/5  rDev +60.6%

I like this beer because it's a smooth tasting beer and it's inexpensive.
If I have two sleepless nights I buy 2 Natty Daddy's (24 oz cans) and begin
drinking around 8 pm. It just makes me relax and around 10 or 10:30 pm
I go to bed and fall asleep pretty quickly and don't wake up till 6 or 7 am. (298 characters)

3.29/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A lot of the reviews on this beer are unfair. It has already been said, but this beer is not brewed for beer aficionados. I usually drink craft beers that are brewed for flavor, so this is different for me. This beer is a cheap 8% ABV beer that is marketed for the buzz over the flavor. I purchased it almost as a joke and felt like I was being brave in a way for drinking it. I'm not a total stranger to high gravity beers, but before I opened this Natty Daddy, I didn't expect to be able finish it.

This is so much better than I would have ever thought! It will give you a quick buzz and the flavor and mouthfeel aren't so bad. Personally, I would use this as a pregamer for sporting events and concerts. I'd much rather drink a 24oz of this before going into a venue than overspend stale tasting bud lights inside.

I recommend this for people who would like to get buzzed fast or would like to catch a buzz on a budget. This will get you drunk. (950 characters)

3.32/5  rDev +21.2%

okay, let me start out by saying I have drank everything from boones farm to the highest end single malt scotch, I am a big fan of natural ice ... so I saw this and I had to try it, I will agree it is definitely no natural ice ... but, It is what it is... and that is a quick buzz in a can... or 2 to 3 cans, whatever... anyways, for what it is it is not half bad, but if I had a few extra bucks I would just slam a 12 pack of natural ice and call it a sure thing. (464 characters)

1.85/5  rDev -32.5%

Well folks ... I am a retired chemistry teacher, now working as a chef in a restaurant that now sells "beer to go" ... I guess that my "attention" was "piqued" by the "NattyDaddy" display which "highlighted" the 8.0% alcohol by volume content. So .. yep .. I bought a 24 ounce can ... the taste was HORRIBLE ... to me like, "liquid aluminum" .. but .. the 8% worked its "magic" ... so your choice is obviously ... "taste or effect" (or is it affect?) Oh yea ... we sell it for $1.29 for a 24 ounce can! (502 characters)

Haha, all you arrogant so called beer connoisseurs would be begging for an ice cold 24oz can of Natty Daddy on a hot summer day if you were without. And you would love every drop of its perfectly intoxicating effects! Had to give this beer all 5' to offset all the undeserved haters. This is a mega brewed beer. You should rate accordingly and not go comparing it to craft beers. It does a great job at being what it is meant to be. So go buy a 24oz Natty Daddy and revel in its perfectly intoxicating glory. (508 characters)

1.96/5  rDev -28.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

tastes like diesel fuel watered down and fizzy
and im suprised i actually like natural ice . but this was garbage , id rather drink old englishe hurricane HG , i think i tolerated magnum better

avoid at all costs unless you want to share it and see your friends puke in their mouth

almost as bad as stack and kringle crack this is the 4rd worst beer i have ever had next to icehouse and mickeys even camo xrta isnt as bad

update: 2/10/14 this isn't half bad 2 for $3
yeah corny fizzy and 8% abv

but really as re-reviewed natrual ice wasn't as good as i remember , icehouse is way better
so take the taste of natural ice and make it more corny and stronger achohol after taste but not by much, you get naddydatty its ok its not quite as good as shlitz high gravity or icehouse edge , its just below,old English steel reserve and hurricane , but not by much .

still better than dogbite /(genesee high gravity , and the dreaded stack or camo (which i havent had but its probably better )

its a ok , not horrible not great but ok for a high gravity , (1,057 characters)

1.93/5  rDev -29.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Poured this American Malt Liquor from a 22 oz can into a pint glass. Poured a bright yellow color, produced a small white head, poor retention and it left no lacing on the glass. The aroma consisted of light malt, adjuncts. Not much doing. Light in body, this brew had a foundation of thin malted grain, there is just a touch of hops- semi sweet. Watery, thin, not much flavor to speak of. Another weak offering from AB. (420 characters)

1.99/5  rDev -27.4%

24 fl oz. can. Natty Daddy, my first official review on BeerAdvocate of an Anheuser-Busch product. I'm a little frightened, to be quite honest. This can has obviously been sitting for a while, the lip was dirty and I had to wash it off, and the can is pretty banged up. Code on the bottom which I won't bother with. Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass, for the sake of my own dignity.

A - Pours three fingers of quickly dissolving eggshell white head, audibly fizzing away. Typical urine malt liquor yellow appearance. Some bubbles, and some sediment twirling around. Thin streaks of lacing near the bottom of the glass.

S - Smells of dusty, stale, malt and corn adjuncts, old man sweat, and contempt.

T - Artificially sweet sugary corn syrup type taste. Malty, far too artificially sweet. Doesn't have any real legitimate corn taste, just artificial adjuncts, fruitiness, and syrup. I guess the main point of all that is to cover the vague notion of rubbing alcohol that begins to creep out as you sip on this.

M - Feel is dry and bitter, actually. Slight medicinal aftertaste, but not as disgusting as the Steel Reserve 211 High Gravity. Carbonation isn't nearly as awful and bloating as it could be.

Overall, this Anheuser-Busch Natty Daddy gets the thumbs down. Too fake, syrupy, sweetened, and virtually flavorless. If it weren't for the 8.00% abv, there would be absolutely no reason to drink this at all. This beer is nearly as bad as the Steel Reserve 211 High Gravity, although maybe not quite as awful. This is among one of the worst beers I have ever drank, but I have definitely had worse.

Anheuser-Busch Natty Daddy ---2/5. (1,648 characters)

2.4/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Natty Daddy is what it is... a cheap "GET ME BUZZED" (or drunk) beer. It isn't a beer for fans of beer, but those that actually HATE beer. There's nothing about this beer that's particularly good, and it's actually somewhat off-putting. The beginning sip is highly carbonated with corn. Immediately after, there's a really odd Sweet & Low sweetness followed by "dirty" malts. The most "bleh" thing about this (and many adjuncts in my opinion) is that fake, artificial sugar flavor. Corn syrup? I don't know what it is, but it's not pleasant.

Natty Daddy is what I said it is, and what everybody thinks of it as -- a beer for a buzz. At 8%, it'll do the job... it's not a beer to drink when you want to enjoy what you're drinking. (730 characters)

2.49/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Ah come on people! This is a beer reviewing website.... Yes, this is cheap, bottom shelf beer, yes it is definitely not high brow beer, but you know what? This beer isn't anywhere as bad as all the 1 scores it has received. This beer is for quick buzz drinkers, or maybe a party day at the river. This is not an aficionado beer. Anyways, this beer pours a light golden malty color. It is nearly clear in appearance, has a very acidic mouth feel, it is strong on the tongue and has an overabundance of froth and lace. This beer is nowhere near world class, but it is nowhere near the worst of the world class. (608 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +5.1%

Handsome blue can 24 ozs from a local 7/11 type. $1.59 This better be good $1.59 for this type of beer! No idea of the colour as i have this from the can wrapped in the proper brown bag. Aroma i can make out is sweet malts,perfumy that’s about it Taste sweet semi sweet apple,slight tobacco, a little toasted bread a tiny bit of Halls mentholyptus. Not to shabby for style Palate is fine for style and the carbonation works.Alcohol is hidden which is a tremendous plus for this style. Overall not to bad for the style. (520 characters)

I am not about to try this beer. I have a story to tell and it is quite interesting! A man in a nearby town killed a woman and admitted to drinking Natty Daddy beer after the killing. I work in a convience store. Every time I wait on a customer, that is what I think of...that man and the graphic detail of how he killed that lady. I didn't know her. One of my customers came in the store on a Monday or Tuesday and was buying that beer. I told him of the man that killed that lady and my customer said it wasn't the beer that killed her. I told him he is correct, but when you are "sober" you aren't as big as you are when you are drunk. Wednesday came and went. Thursday came...he got into an argument with his wife and it could have been physical though the police are saying there weren't signs of physical altercations on her body. She was hit by a car and killed. Two woman are DEAD from men drinking this beer. Ironic?!?!?!?!?!? That is what I would like to know, which brought me to this site. stillbuff and i quote says on here (7-2-12) "totally tasted the booze and thoughts of doing bad sh*t immediately came through my head which told me that this was a good malt liquor." THOUGHTS OF DOING BAD SH*T IMMEDIATELY CAME THROUGH MY HEAD...hmmm. Another quote from thekevlarkid (1-29-12) "Nothing to speak of and clearly just a beer that's trying to get people ripped so they'll be half conscious when they mug someone in a row house and smoke their chiba one the street before being hit by a car because that is how it is done here in Balitmore. Awesome." BEFORE BEING HIT BY A CAR. Yep! That is how it is done where I am too because now there are FIVE children without a beautiful mother. Death is something serious that doesn't happen every day and for two men to be involved in deaths with women after drinking this beer, is it ironic or is it THE beer??? I am not going to try it! (1,892 characters)

2.79/5  rDev +1.8%

A - Pours very clear yellow with a small bubbly white head. Leaves no lacing.

S - Smells heavily of malt, Moderate amounts of green apple, slighty grainy.

T - A bit adjuncty up front, green apple soon follows, corn flakes come next, slighty tingly on the tongue from the alcohol. Green apple flavor sticks around long after the drink.

M - Light crisp body with a moderate amount of tingly carbonastion. Fits the beer.

O - Overall, Pretty good for what it is but only a decent beer in general. Would do well at a party. This was the last one of these at the small grocery store that I work at and it had been sitting for a few months so it's probably a bit stale but whatever. (679 characters)

2.01/5  rDev -26.6%

Anheuser Busch : Natty DADDY

APPEARANCE: Kept it classy and poured it into a pint glass from the 24oz can. Pale straw yellow. Little head, no lace really.

SMELL: Stale, sweet corn and rice, a bit of musty arm pit. Smells like oxidized college keg beer.

TASTE: A big sweet demon, lots of corn and rice, really no hop bitterness and scarce to no other flavors. Flash of bland maltyness, more sweet and does a fair job at masking the alcohol if nothing else. The off scent of the beer thankfully was not present in the taste. Alittle bit of oxidized green apple. Eh, this is a pretty sweet malt liquor, even by hobo standards.

FEEL: Medium bodied, yet very flimsy and watery.

OVERALL: This is a sweet one dimensional beer that will get you drunk. Play your beer pong with caution dudes. (788 characters)

Natty Daddy (8%) from Anheuser-Busch