Natty Daddy - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Luigi on 09-18-2011)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natty Daddy Alström Bros

3.38/5  rDev +41.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This product is great for what it is: a cheap, high-octane, malt liquor that's easy to swallow and carries a heavy punch. It's best for those days when you want to get drunk quickly for under four dollars. Around here, a can usually costs under 2 dollars and, when I drink it quickly, gives me a pretty nice buzz. Two cans and I'm officially drunk. Sure, it's not the best tasting beer, but what do you expect for something that costs less than most big bottles of soda. This is my goto cheap-ass beer.

1.48/5  rDev -38.1%

This is by far the worst beer I have ever had. It is straw colored. It kind of smells like plastic. you can smell the alcohol in it. The taste is kind of sour. I took about 2 drinks of it and got almost instant gut rot. It might make me really sick if I drank a whole one.

2.43/5  rDev +1.7%

24oz can poured into a snifter.

A: Pours a clear light golden pale with a two finger white head. Fairly quick to dissipate, the head doesnt leave much lacing on the glass. Not too much visible carbonation.

S: Typical aroma of most BMC beers with a slightly sweeter malt body and more alcohol presence.

T: Not totally offensive in the flavor department. Corn sweetness is the main character of this brew. Booze is well hidden for 8% as long as you drink it cold. Will admit I thought this was going to be worse than it was.

M: Light body with fairly low carbonation. Somewhat clean finish, not too sticky from all the malts.

Overall its a strong beer to get you drunk. As someone else mentioned, the can states its both a lager and an ale which is pretty funny. Drink this sucker cold.

1.75/5  rDev -26.8%

1.25/5  rDev -47.7%

1.5/5  rDev -37.2%

2.99/5  rDev +25.1%

From the 24 ounce can it pours gold with one finger of quickly vanishing white foamy head. A small ring of white remains. Two or three spots of lacing.
Smell is fermented apple skins with a kiss of corn.
Taste is like Natural Light with a half jigger of vodka dumped in it. The malts and corn vie for the lead with the alcohol winning out. There is probably a kiss of hops somewhere in this brew but hard to prove. Malty and boozy. At least it is not the liquid candy that many of these malt liquors taste like.
Mouthfeel is fizzy and light. Finish is sweet of course but later a measure of dryness creeps in.
Overall I don't claim to have tried all the malt bombs available but this is at least average so far. You can tell it is related to Natural Light/ Ice.

4.43/5  rDev +85.4%

I like this beer because it's a smooth tasting beer and it's inexpensive.
If I have two sleepless nights I buy 2 Natty Daddy's (24 oz cans) and begin
drinking around 8 pm. It just makes me relax and around 10 or 10:30 pm
I go to bed and fall asleep pretty quickly and don't wake up till 6 or 7 am.

3.31/5  rDev +38.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A lot of the reviews on this beer are unfair. It has already been said, but this beer is not brewed for beer aficionados. I usually drink craft beers that are brewed for flavor, so this is different for me. This beer is a cheap 8% ABV beer that is marketed for the buzz over the flavor. I purchased it almost as a joke and felt like I was being brave in a way for drinking it. I'm not a total stranger to high gravity beers, but before I opened this Natty Daddy, I didn't expect to be able finish it.

This is so much better than I would have ever thought! It will give you a quick buzz and the flavor and mouthfeel aren't so bad. Personally, I would use this as a pregamer for sporting events and concerts. I'd much rather drink a 24oz of this before going into a venue than overspend stale tasting bud lights inside.

I recommend this for people who would like to get buzzed fast or would like to catch a buzz on a budget. This will get you drunk.

3.28/5  rDev +37.2%

okay, let me start out by saying I have drank everything from boones farm to the highest end single malt scotch, I am a big fan of natural ice ... so I saw this and I had to try it, I will agree it is definitely no natural ice ... but, It is what it is... and that is a quick buzz in a can... or 2 to 3 cans, whatever... anyways, for what it is it is not half bad, but if I had a few extra bucks I would just slam a 12 pack of natural ice and call it a sure thing.

1.74/5  rDev -27.2%

Well folks ... I am a retired chemistry teacher, now working as a chef in a restaurant that now sells "beer to go" ... I guess that my "attention" was "piqued" by the "NattyDaddy" display which "highlighted" the 8.0% alcohol by volume content. So .. yep .. I bought a 24 ounce can ... the taste was HORRIBLE ... to me like, "liquid aluminum" .. but .. the 8% worked its "magic" ... so your choice is obviously ... "taste or effect" (or is it affect?) Oh yea ... we sell it for $1.29 for a 24 ounce can!

Haha, all you arrogant so called beer connoisseurs would be begging for an ice cold 24oz can of Natty Daddy on a hot summer day if you were without. And you would love every drop of its perfectly intoxicating effects! Had to give this beer all 5' to offset all the undeserved haters. This is a mega brewed beer. You should rate accordingly and not go comparing it to craft beers. It does a great job at being what it is meant to be. So go buy a 24oz Natty Daddy and revel in its perfectly intoxicating glory.

2.75/5  rDev +15.1%

1.98/5  rDev -17.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

tastes like diesel fuel watered down and fizzy
and im suprised i actually like natural ice . but this was garbage , id rather drink old englishe hurricane HG , i think i tolerated magnum better

avoid at all costs unless you want to share it and see your friends puke in their mouth

almost as bad as stack and kringle crack this is the 4rd worst beer i have ever had next to icehouse and mickeys even camo xrta isnt as bad

update: 2/10/14 this isn't half bad 2 for $3
yeah corny fizzy and 8% abv

but really as re-reviewed natrual ice wasn't as good as i remember , icehouse is way better
so take the taste of natural ice and make it more corny and stronger achohol after taste but not by much, you get naddydatty its ok its not quite as good as shlitz high gravity or icehouse edge , its just below,old English steel reserve and hurricane , but not by much .

still better than dogbite /(genesee high gravity , and the dreaded stack or camo (which i havent had but its probably better )

its a ok , not horrible not great but ok for a high gravity ,

Natty Daddy from Anheuser-Busch