Natty Daddy - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Luigi on 09-18-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natty Daddy Alström Bros

Arcman, Jul 07, 2013
4.43/5  rDev +83.8%

I like this beer because it's a smooth tasting beer and it's inexpensive.
If I have two sleepless nights I buy 2 Natty Daddy's (24 oz cans) and begin
drinking around 8 pm. It just makes me relax and around 10 or 10:30 pm
I go to bed and fall asleep pretty quickly and don't wake up till 6 or 7 am.

Gretel, Jul 02, 2013
3.31/5  rDev +37.3%

A lot of the reviews on this beer are unfair. It has already been said, but this beer is not brewed for beer aficionados. I usually drink craft beers that are brewed for flavor, so this is different for me. This beer is a cheap 8% ABV beer that is marketed for the buzz over the flavor. I purchased it almost as a joke and felt like I was being brave in a way for drinking it. I'm not a total stranger to high gravity beers, but before I opened this Natty Daddy, I didn't expect to be able finish it.

This is so much better than I would have ever thought! It will give you a quick buzz and the flavor and mouthfeel aren't so bad. Personally, I would use this as a pregamer for sporting events and concerts. I'd much rather drink a 24oz of this before going into a venue than overspend stale tasting bud lights inside.

I recommend this for people who would like to get buzzed fast or would like to catch a buzz on a budget. This will get you drunk.

nhnyr88, Jul 02, 2013
3.28/5  rDev +36.1%

okay, let me start out by saying I have drank everything from boones farm to the highest end single malt scotch, I am a big fan of natural ice ... so I saw this and I had to try it, I will agree it is definitely no natural ice ... but, It is what it is... and that is a quick buzz in a can... or 2 to 3 cans, whatever... anyways, for what it is it is not half bad, but if I had a few extra bucks I would just slam a 12 pack of natural ice and call it a sure thing.

diesel59, Jun 29, 2013

Justinn13, Jun 16, 2013

kguyty, May 31, 2013
1.74/5  rDev -27.8%

Well folks ... I am a retired chemistry teacher, now working as a chef in a restaurant that now sells "beer to go" ... I guess that my "attention" was "piqued" by the "NattyDaddy" display which "highlighted" the 8.0% alcohol by volume content. So .. yep .. I bought a 24 ounce can ... the taste was HORRIBLE ... to me like, "liquid aluminum" .. but .. the 8% worked its "magic" ... so your choice is obviously ... "taste or effect" (or is it affect?) Oh yea ... we sell it for $1.29 for a 24 ounce can!

Rick_N, May 30, 2013

Haha, all you arrogant so called beer connoisseurs would be begging for an ice cold 24oz can of Natty Daddy on a hot summer day if you were without. And you would love every drop of its perfectly intoxicating effects! Had to give this beer all 5' to offset all the undeserved haters. This is a mega brewed beer. You should rate accordingly and not go comparing it to craft beers. It does a great job at being what it is meant to be. So go buy a 24oz Natty Daddy and revel in its perfectly intoxicating glory.

danorano, May 29, 2013

kylehay2004, May 26, 2013

mixed_master7, May 12, 2013
2.75/5  rDev +14.1%

xip, May 12, 2013
1.98/5  rDev -17.8%

tastes like diesel fuel watered down and fizzy
and im suprised i actually like natural ice . but this was garbage , id rather drink old englishe hurricane HG , i think i tolerated magnum better

avoid at all costs unless you want to share it and see your friends puke in their mouth

almost as bad as stack and kringle crack this is the 4rd worst beer i have ever had next to icehouse and mickeys even camo xrta isnt as bad

update: 2/10/14 this isn't half bad 2 for $3
yeah corny fizzy and 8% abv

but really as re-reviewed natrual ice wasn't as good as i remember , icehouse is way better
so take the taste of natural ice and make it more corny and stronger achohol after taste but not by much, you get naddydatty its ok its not quite as good as shlitz high gravity or icehouse edge , its just below,old English steel reserve and hurricane , but not by much .

still better than dogbite /(genesee high gravity , and the dreaded stack or camo (which i havent had but its probably better )

its a ok , not horrible not great but ok for a high gravity ,

vulgora, Apr 22, 2013

Jenessa, Apr 14, 2013

Aosemidey, Apr 13, 2013
1.98/5  rDev -17.8%

Poured this American Malt Liquor from a 22 oz can into a pint glass. Poured a bright yellow color, produced a small white head, poor retention and it left no lacing on the glass. The aroma consisted of light malt, adjuncts. Not much doing. Light in body, this brew had a foundation of thin malted grain, there is just a touch of hops- semi sweet. Watery, thin, not much flavor to speak of. Another weak offering from AB.

GossageBrewery, Apr 10, 2013

bushwack, Apr 07, 2013

Todd, Apr 07, 2013

Jason, Apr 07, 2013
2.05/5  rDev -14.9%

24 fl oz. can. Natty Daddy, my first official review on BeerAdvocate of an Anheuser-Busch product. I'm a little frightened, to be quite honest. This can has obviously been sitting for a while, the lip was dirty and I had to wash it off, and the can is pretty banged up. Code on the bottom which I won't bother with. Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass, for the sake of my own dignity.

A - Pours three fingers of quickly dissolving eggshell white head, audibly fizzing away. Typical urine malt liquor yellow appearance. Some bubbles, and some sediment twirling around. Thin streaks of lacing near the bottom of the glass.

S - Smells of dusty, stale, malt and corn adjuncts, old man sweat, and contempt.

T - Artificially sweet sugary corn syrup type taste. Malty, far too artificially sweet. Doesn't have any real legitimate corn taste, just artificial adjuncts, fruitiness, and syrup. I guess the main point of all that is to cover the vague notion of rubbing alcohol that begins to creep out as you sip on this.

M - Feel is dry and bitter, actually. Slight medicinal aftertaste, but not as disgusting as the Steel Reserve 211 High Gravity. Carbonation isn't nearly as awful and bloating as it could be.

Overall, this Anheuser-Busch Natty Daddy gets the thumbs down. Too fake, syrupy, sweetened, and virtually flavorless. If it weren't for the 8.00% abv, there would be absolutely no reason to drink this at all. This beer is nearly as bad as the Steel Reserve 211 High Gravity, although maybe not quite as awful. This is among one of the worst beers I have ever drank, but I have definitely had worse.

Anheuser-Busch Natty Daddy ---2/5.

mfnmbvp, Mar 30, 2013
2.39/5  rDev -0.8%

Natty Daddy is what it is... a cheap "GET ME BUZZED" (or drunk) beer. It isn't a beer for fans of beer, but those that actually HATE beer. There's nothing about this beer that's particularly good, and it's actually somewhat off-putting. The beginning sip is highly carbonated with corn. Immediately after, there's a really odd Sweet & Low sweetness followed by "dirty" malts. The most "bleh" thing about this (and many adjuncts in my opinion) is that fake, artificial sugar flavor. Corn syrup? I don't know what it is, but it's not pleasant.

Natty Daddy is what I said it is, and what everybody thinks of it as -- a beer for a buzz. At 8%, it'll do the job... it's not a beer to drink when you want to enjoy what you're drinking.

Alextricity, Feb 24, 2013
1.75/5  rDev -27.4%

acsprouse, Feb 21, 2013
2.51/5  rDev +4.1%

Ah come on people! This is a beer reviewing website.... Yes, this is cheap, bottom shelf beer, yes it is definitely not high brow beer, but you know what? This beer isn't anywhere as bad as all the 1 scores it has received. This beer is for quick buzz drinkers, or maybe a party day at the river. This is not an aficionado beer. Anyways, this beer pours a light golden malty color. It is nearly clear in appearance, has a very acidic mouth feel, it is strong on the tongue and has an overabundance of froth and lace. This beer is nowhere near world class, but it is nowhere near the worst of the world class.

ronniebruner, Feb 10, 2013
2.9/5  rDev +20.3%

Handsome blue can 24 ozs from a local 7/11 type. $1.59 This better be good $1.59 for this type of beer! No idea of the colour as i have this from the can wrapped in the proper brown bag. Aroma i can make out is sweet malts,perfumy that’s about it Taste sweet semi sweet apple,slight tobacco, a little toasted bread a tiny bit of Halls mentholyptus. Not to shabby for style Palate is fine for style and the carbonation works.Alcohol is hidden which is a tremendous plus for this style. Overall not to bad for the style.

Reidrover, Jan 27, 2013