Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011

to view more.
Ratings: 1,658 | Reviews: 337
2.71/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

tastes like a stronger bud l light

1.23/5  rDev -44.3%

Like Bud Light but sweeter in a cheap refined way. One of the worst beers I've tried.

absolutely disgusting. probably the worst beer i've ever had.

2.5/5  rDev +13.1%

Decent smooth taste, still really watery. Not bad if your cheap.

worst than the original. yeah its that bad.

2.6/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Is this a great beer, no. Does it stand out from the mass-produced American beers, yes. It is basically a pilsner that focuses heavily on ABV which causes it to lose depth and complexity in flavor and color. With that said, I still drink it regularly. It's inexpensive, goes down smooth and there are a lot of times I want a beer without having to work at having a beer. This is my go to when I'm in that kind of mood.

2.75/5  rDev +24.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Very average everything. Great for getting drunk but almost not worth it for the price/quality.

1.42/5  rDev -35.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.25

Pours a super light golden color with huge bubbly head that almost instantly vanishes. The adjunct aromas in this are the strongest and worst I've smelled in a macro. Goes down pretty harsh and taste is taste putrid. Probably the worst adjunct I've ever had. No redeeming qualities here.

3.07/5  rDev +38.9%

Better than bud light but that's not saying much

3.25/5  rDev +47.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 3.75

It was alright I guess

How this is only ranked one point higher than Miller Lite I'll never know. It has a lot more flavor than Miller Lite and the hint of sweetness is pretty nice.

Last time I drank this there was a family crisis

1.7/5  rDev -23.1%

It might just be me, but this beer has a smell and taste that reminds me ever so faintly of the way nail polish remover smells. I found it pretty undrinkable, and poured it down the drain.

1.83/5  rDev -17.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 1.5

Really horrible. I guess the draw is that it's 90 calories at 6%?

1.82/5  rDev -17.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

A friend left it in the fridge. Decided, I would try to see what brewed the Hard Way was all about. Half way through the beer, I accidentally knocked my glass over and broke it. I think God was sending me a message.

Like it better than regular Bud

3.68/5  rDev +66.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Clear, pale-yellow appearance. Thin, white head that vanishes quickly. Grainy aroma with a bit of apple, and maybe the slightest hint of hops. The taste is mellow and kinda fruity. Crisp and refreshing. The finish is dry with a touch of sweetness. Overall, I enjoy this one. I will buy it again, but not often given the price it goes for in my area. Worth a try if you enjoy this style of beer.

12 oz can
Code on can: 14355 CZ33
Served in a Pilsner glass

2.92/5  rDev +32.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Better ABV than other Bud products, but has a different after taste.

3.62/5  rDev +63.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This beer is pretty good.

1.49/5  rDev -32.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Pours a thin yellow with a fizzy head. Smells slightly metallic with a lot of alcohol. The taste is just bud light with a bit more alcohol on the finish. Not a fan of the beer but I can see why it's popular.

2.05/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

This is a good once in a while beer

2.73/5  rDev +23.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

My beer quaffing has not been good for the old waist line, and I'm actually growing a little weary of dense, heavy brews, so I thought I'd try some light beer for a change up. This stuff struck my curiosity, with the high ABV but low calories.

Poured from the blue bottle into a shaker pint. A moderate pour produces about an inch of froth, which proves sticky enough. The beer is a pale straw color with high carbonation.

You can really smell the adjuncts- plenty of DMS, suggesting cooked corn, along with a bite of alcohol fruitiness. The overall flavor is a quite a bit more reasonable, but quite watery as you might expect. Just a tiny little bit of earthy bitterness. Watery mouth feel with a clean finish.

This is basically a light malt liquor, and rather unique as it is. It's not very flavorful but it's also not terrible. This beer would be good for someone who likes light lagers but wants a bit more kick.

3.55/5  rDev +60.6%

Better than regular Bud Light. A little more body, and flavor. I guess the little extra alcohol content helps it. Don't let the low ratings fool you. It a pretty good drink.

3.4/5  rDev +53.8%

Finally found a cheap beer that is decent enough to border on enjoyable. Smooth on the front, slightly sweet and ever so slightly spicy on the finish. Almost as if they made a 50/50 mix of club soda and duvel. For a dollar more for a 12 pack then regular bud light, thus definitely will be my go to party session beer.

Their they go again.....keeping horrible beer alive

to view more.