Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
Reviews by ThreeWiseMen:

I saw this during the Superbowl and recall finding it to be the most hilarious and entertaining commercial. Probably not what they intended.

Appearance: I poured this into a high class snifter; I usually reserve this for my good beers like Bourbon County Brand Stout or §ucaba. With a viscous pour I got a nice one inch thick virgin white head. The body is actually a nice looking golden hue. Looking back at the head and it's already gone. Like it was never there at all. I watch a bubble stream float it's way to the surface.

Smell: From a foot and a half away suddenly I'm not sitting in my home. I'm back in the action. My last cup still on the table with a ping pong ball in it. My partner already missed his one rebuttal. I bounce the ball on the table and look at my two opponents mocking me with various distracting poses. Shouts telling me to hurry up impede my focus. I bounce the ball again on the table and envision victory. My arm cocks back in a way that will be drilled into muscle memory for all time and I release... I take their cups from their side and raise it to my face in defeat.... that smell.... brings me back.

Taste: It's a "more flavor" bud-light. But is it a flavor you want? No. Well actually I've had worse beers. This beer taste bad in a blah way and now that there is more flavor you get that "Blah" taste even more.

Mouthfeel: I drank this beer very cold and very fast.

Overall: If I could go back in time and have the money I'd only play beer pong with this beer. It really hides the 6.0% very well.

ThreeWiseMen, Apr 21, 2012
1.59/5  rDev -28.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

This stuff doesn't taste any different than Bud Light. I haven't done a side-by-side to be sure, though, so perhaps there are some nuances and small subtleties that hadn't carried over in my memory.

Pale straw-yellow body, crystal clear with a bone-white "head" that fizzles away quicker than my checking account after BCBS is released each year. Grains on the nose, grains on the nose, smellin' like a BUD with yo' grains on the nose. Grainy, corny, and full of metallic tones, this stuff is not a pleasure to smell, and it only gets more pungent as it warms.

Drink it ice cold, so you numb your taste buds from the poorly laid out grains and sweet, corn-like malts. More metallic in the taste, this stuff couldn't be any more "meh". No alcohol taste present (6% ABV woo!) Crisp, lighter-than-light mouth feel. Stay away from this stuff, unless you're trying to hit that frat boy buzz.

tectactoe, Jul 03, 2012

Poured into a frosted mug. From memory; normally, I'd never do a review in this manner, but holy shit, I can still vividly remember what this tastes like.

A: Pours a textbook light straw color with perfect clarity and intense carbonation trails. Even with the frosted mug, the head is hilariously pathetic. Typical nasty-looking swill.

S: Almost non-existent. A touch of grain here, a dab of artificial sweetener there...wait a minute, a dab of artificial sweetener?

T: Hatred. Sickness. Vitriol. Insanity. Depression. No, these aren't the flavors BL Platinum exhibit - these are the emotions that run through my neural synapses when this liquid immediately hits my tongue. No joke, about 4 oz. of this made me sick. This is basically Bud Light (itself pretty awful) but with a nasty cotton candy sweetness to it. The cloying factor seems necessary to balance the additional alcohol...but holy crap, this just comes across as woefully under-attenuated and artificial. Did I mention the aspartame-esque finish is long and lingering, too?

And y'know, I can vaguely see the point of this. A low calorie yet high strength light beer for the masses to easily get drunk off of. Only thing is, they forgot to make it inoffensive and tasteless. Oops.

M: Who cares, this sucks ass.

O: I've always wanted to give something all 1's, so here it is in all its hideous glory. Normally, this kind of score represents the absolute bottom of the barrel, and without a doubt, BL Platinum is a foulest, most disgusting beer ever to grace my palate and should be avoided by any person who may lay claim to working taste buds. Hilariously, though, this may not be the worst beer AB InBev makes...if anything, Budweiser Chelada may make me wish negative scores were possible. Simply put, the malt beverage equivalent of frontal lobotomy performed with a rusty knife.

ThisWangsChung, May 22, 2012

Tastes like the nastiest medicinal synthetic chemical I've ever imbibed. How on earth did their R&D dept let this one slide thru. I love bud light and bud light ice, but I almost hurled on first sip. Seriously??? I emptied all 6 bottles down the drain without hesitation. Even if I were soif'in' in a desert I wouldn't drink this crap.

Reanime, Jul 10, 2013
4.29/5  rDev +94.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This Bud Light creation was very good in my opinion. The taste was good and similar to regular Bud Light. The mouthfeel was very smooth and very easy to drink. The appearance and the bottle the beer came in was the best part of this beer. I believe Bud did a great job at coming up with a new beer.

RyanLaCount03, Feb 22, 2013
2.68/5  rDev +21.3%

Appearance – Light yellowish-orange in the body with a moderate head.

Smell – This is a nice, light grainy nose without anything offensive.

Taste – There’s a little mold in that grain at the taste but not so much that you can’t drink through it. Of course the hops are completely absent.

Mouthfeel – This is light as it should be with a mild carbonation, not too fizzy like some poor macro examples of the style.

Drinkability – If you’re eating something salty this isn’t bad but as with most Buds it can’t stop up on its own.

RoyalT, Sep 27, 2013