Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
Reviews by ThreeWiseMen:

I saw this during the Superbowl and recall finding it to be the most hilarious and entertaining commercial. Probably not what they intended.

Appearance: I poured this into a high class snifter; I usually reserve this for my good beers like Bourbon County Brand Stout or §ucaba. With a viscous pour I got a nice one inch thick virgin white head. The body is actually a nice looking golden hue. Looking back at the head and it's already gone. Like it was never there at all. I watch a bubble stream float it's way to the surface.

Smell: From a foot and a half away suddenly I'm not sitting in my home. I'm back in the action. My last cup still on the table with a ping pong ball in it. My partner already missed his one rebuttal. I bounce the ball on the table and look at my two opponents mocking me with various distracting poses. Shouts telling me to hurry up impede my focus. I bounce the ball again on the table and envision victory. My arm cocks back in a way that will be drilled into muscle memory for all time and I release... I take their cups from their side and raise it to my face in defeat.... that smell.... brings me back.

Taste: It's a "more flavor" bud-light. But is it a flavor you want? No. Well actually I've had worse beers. This beer taste bad in a blah way and now that there is more flavor you get that "Blah" taste even more.

Mouthfeel: I drank this beer very cold and very fast.

Overall: If I could go back in time and have the money I'd only play beer pong with this beer. It really hides the 6.0% very well.

ThreeWiseMen, Apr 21, 2012
1.59/5  rDev -28.1%

This stuff doesn't taste any different than Bud Light. I haven't done a side-by-side to be sure, though, so perhaps there are some nuances and small subtleties that hadn't carried over in my memory.

Pale straw-yellow body, crystal clear with a bone-white "head" that fizzles away quicker than my checking account after BCBS is released each year. Grains on the nose, grains on the nose, smellin' like a BUD with yo' grains on the nose. Grainy, corny, and full of metallic tones, this stuff is not a pleasure to smell, and it only gets more pungent as it warms.

Drink it ice cold, so you numb your taste buds from the poorly laid out grains and sweet, corn-like malts. More metallic in the taste, this stuff couldn't be any more "meh". No alcohol taste present (6% ABV woo!) Crisp, lighter-than-light mouth feel. Stay away from this stuff, unless you're trying to hit that frat boy buzz.

tectactoe, Jul 03, 2012
4.29/5  rDev +94.1%

This Bud Light creation was very good in my opinion. The taste was good and similar to regular Bud Light. The mouthfeel was very smooth and very easy to drink. The appearance and the bottle the beer came in was the best part of this beer. I believe Bud did a great job at coming up with a new beer.

RyanLaCount03, Feb 22, 2013
2.68/5  rDev +21.3%

Appearance – Light yellowish-orange in the body with a moderate head.

Smell – This is a nice, light grainy nose without anything offensive.

Taste – There’s a little mold in that grain at the taste but not so much that you can’t drink through it. Of course the hops are completely absent.

Mouthfeel – This is light as it should be with a mild carbonation, not too fizzy like some poor macro examples of the style.

Drinkability – If you’re eating something salty this isn’t bad but as with most Buds it can’t stop up on its own.

RoyalT, Sep 27, 2013

2.25/5  rDev +1.8%

TimoP, Nov 21, 2013

Doomcifer, Aug 01, 2014
2.5/5  rDev +13.1%

12oz twist-off cobalt blue bottle, no freshness date. Labeling looks sort of cheap looking or at least the design is not so appealing to me.

LOOK: Crystal clear pale yellow, head crackles a bit but does stay.

SMELL: White flour, cooked cereal, carbonic, muted

TASTE: Crisp, warming alcohol, plain porridge, faint hop bitterness, light maltiness, slightly cloying

It's basically a light malt liquor. Lacking any real malt flavor and the cloying character it less resembles a beer and more of a very watered down cheap whiskey. There are clearly better light beers out there if you are into that. Now we all just have to wait for the half dozen fruit varieties that will follow it is does well.

Jason, Feb 09, 2012
2.65/5  rDev +19.9%

My 21 year old son left a few bottles of this in the fridge, so...what the hell...lets see what we've got here.

Pour super clear and super light. Minimal head to speak of

Next to no nose, just perhaps a light wiff of malt.

Nexto to know malt flavor, next to no hop character.

Platinum? Please..very little going on here..

Billolick, May 31, 2012