Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros

Nice smooth flavor from start to finish that remains consistent. Very good beer for being Budweiser

Appearance - Has a crisp, raw look to it. The bottle itself conveys a more sleek energy as compared to the standard Bud Light appearance and when poured in a glass it comes off as an exceedingly approachable nectar.

Smell - The uniform, mellow-like aroma that we have come to be familiar with from the Budweiser kin of beers. No one fragrance is overpowered but you can tell there is a quality mingling of sensations here.

Taste - Refreshing and effortless to drink, quintessential for sultry months, casually drinking or when looking to pace oneself. A lighter flavor compared to other beers of analogous alcohol content. Taking a sip the beer is very punctual with it's flavors and becomes acutely enjoyable.

Mouthfeel - First-rate and undemanding to take on. An almost glassy yet distinct punch manifests itself within every swig.

Overall - This has to be the hands down selection between light beers and even compared to "heavy" beers or craft selections depending on what the affair is. A magnificent middle ground is found between the higher alcohol content common with craft beers or even other types of alcohol while still remaining "light", crisp, and fortifying. The ideal beer for any occasion.

4.9/5  rDev +121.7%

I had reservations about buying this as it's a little stronger than I am used to, but let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised!

A-The appearance is nothing short of beautiful. The golden, honey colored beer excited me as it was poured into a very bulbous snifter, which I had purchased at McGovern's (a great place to have a cold one, by the way). The lacing was like fine art. The carbonation yielded a nice finger's worth of head which told me I was in for a treat!

S-As I tilted the glass towards my head, I couldn't help but become overwhelmed by the delightful aroma which filled my nostrils. A pleasant blend of hops, barley and all that is great. The carbonation tickled my nose, which made me giggle. The only reason it got a 4.5 is because I had passed gas just before I drank.

M-The mouthfeel was nothing short of amazing. It was like a party in my mouth, but not a regular party, a party like you'd see in a movie.

T-The taste was nothing short of amazing. The years of craftsmanship that went into this godly nectar were very apparent. A smooth, wheaty flavor at first, then a crisp, ballsy finish.

O-Overall, I can not wait to crack open another one of these babies and get down to business. Another fine product, brought to us by a little brewery in the heart of America.

4.84/5  rDev +119%

4.75/5  rDev +114.9%

4.75/5  rDev +114.9%

4.5/5  rDev +103.6%

4.5/5  rDev +103.6%

4.4/5  rDev +99.1%

It tastes good and gets you hammered quickly. Any other qualities aside, what else constitutes a good beer? Get over yourself. It's an American beer that puts the desired effect above complex snobby flavors. It is what it is. Good for beer pong and getting lucky on a week night. Unpretentious and gets the job done.

4.39/5  rDev +98.6%

I prefer this to my normal bud light now. I always liked normal Budlight in the past over anything else. And now I have a new go to beer. My only reason is the 6.0 Alcohol content. To me it taste like Budlight with a kick and that's what I love. Now 2 or 3 bottles is all I need instead of 5 or 6..

4.29/5  rDev +94.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This Bud Light creation was very good in my opinion. The taste was good and similar to regular Bud Light. The mouthfeel was very smooth and very easy to drink. The appearance and the bottle the beer came in was the best part of this beer. I believe Bud did a great job at coming up with a new beer.

4.25/5  rDev +92.3%

I sense deep pilsner aromas coming from the front to back of my palate. This craft experiment has launched Anheuser-Busch into a new position in the marketplace. You can taste all of these tones in one sip. If you are looking for a session beer, look no further.

4.25/5  rDev +92.3%