Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros

CassieShea, Feb 04, 2014

spazx, Apr 09, 2014

pinkysup, Nov 17, 2013

JeffSuttonTX, Mar 11, 2013

wyatt, Jan 20, 2012

A-very clear straw color with a white head that fades fast
S-sweet grain aroma with a hint of noble hops
T-sweet grain taste that stays with you til the finish, but the alcohol seems to take away the sweetness in the end
M-light body with okay carbonation
O-for this beer to be 6% ABV you cannot taste the alcohol, but you know it is there

a0lbudman, Dec 29, 2013

Gilbert93, Aug 04, 2014

Katerade, May 16, 2012

DaveAndrew, Jan 29, 2012

aklude, Feb 19, 2014

Pours brilliantly clear, extremely pale yellow. the head is a slight soapy sheen.

Aroma is pale malt, relatively sweet with a slight oxidized sourness.

Taste is more of the pale malt from the nose. A slight grape skin quality that is hard to describe. Finishes extremely clean and smooth.

Mouthfeel is light bodied.

overall, a very smooth lager that is extremely easy to drink. I would never seek this style out, but in fairness there are no offensive or off flavors.

Blakaeris, Jan 17, 2012
Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

, Feb 27, 2012

Srive009, May 18, 2013
3.95/5  rDev +78.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

It's total piss water but it's my favorite piss water. It's nothing special but fills the need when I'm looking for a simple drink to enjoy. Understated but good tasting flavor. It's not something I would give a sterling recommendation of but would suggest people with a light taste give a try.

Zepaw, Mar 13, 2014
3.9/5  rDev +76.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

*Full Disclosure* - I am drinking some of this as I write this review Purchased at a C-Town for $8.49 per 6-pack-
I first had this during the black-out "Harbowl" where the Baltimore Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers. We were at my friends house in his man cave and someone brought 2 cases of this stuff over.

At first glance I was attracted by the beautiful blue bottle, and since it was the only beer available i said sure why not. Two hours later we are were all nicely buzzed from this beer and astonished that this "bud light" had rendered us in this state.

For the price, ease of availability, and the surprise 6%ABV I give this beer high marks.

Bud Light Platinum gets the job done and recommend you all to try it; even if merely to lubricate the esophagus before you move on to some of your favorite imports =-)

Cheers,

St. Anthony

SaintAnthony, Feb 09, 2013
3.88/5  rDev +75.6%

Poured into glass it looks like its counter parts, but very carbonated. Smell was like Bud but with a little bit more behind the smell maybe an extra sniff of hops, it taste pretty good to me it is very smooth and easy to drink. Overall I think its one of Anheuser-Busch's coolest creation lately I mean more alcohol than bud and less calories I mean can't go wrong there.

kdawg105, Mar 01, 2012

IrishTank, Jun 15, 2014

HankAaron, Feb 06, 2013

TheBeerNation, Jun 20, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +69.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Disclaimer: I am an avid home brewer who is currently on a short hiatus due to a move (to St. Louis) so I've had to resort to buying beer.

A: I've only ever consumed it directly from a can. I would ASSUME it's like light straw based on taste (or lack of). Would also assume little to no head. I don't feel right pouring this beer.

S: Very little. A little yeast and a little grain. I don't detect hops. 0 off odors. Not great not bad.

T: Honestly I didn't think a 6% beer would have so little taste. I've been told by a brewery employee that this beer is 'nano-filtered' to remove much of the color and flavor. However, while there is a lack of flavor, there is absolutely 0 off flavors. It's really clean and refreshing.

M: Thin but highly carbonated.

O: At 137 calories for 6% this isn't much more than carbonated alcohol water. If you consider what is is though I think it's a technically excellent brew. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but something with no flavor can't taste bad. I like it since on occasion i do prefer a dry beer with a kick. Drinking it side by side with Bud Light I don't find a strong resemblance. If only they added strawberry or lime flavoring to this stuff... just kidding.

EDIT: I learned a few interesting things about this beer from a former AB employee who worked on the production floor in STL: This beer is brewed with HFCS to bump the gravity without adding flavor. Also, it is packaged with a small amount of HFCS (mere grams) to give it a subtle sweetness. Also it is filtered with diatomaceous earth, and not a 'nano' filter.

EDIT 2: The more I drink this beer the more it grows on me. It is now my go-to light beer. I'd like to see more people on here review it for its style, rather than just giving it a 2 because it's made by AB. DON'T HATE!

schematix, Sep 18, 2013