Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,681 | Reviews: 346

Absolutely disgusting, it literally makes me sick to my stomach each time I have tried it. It has a weird chemical taste that is present as well as a stickiness that is left behind in my mouth after drinking. Trust me, this is not coming from a snobby anti macro person either, I actually like Budweiser, Bud Light, and Bud Select. This stuff is putrid though.

Would not seek out, purchase, or even drink again. Just give me water and forget the beer if this is all you have.

I don't understand why this exists. just buy good beer, folks.

absolutely disgusting. probably the worst beer i've ever had.

Although Dos Equis is not the greated beer, I will paraphrase The World's Most Interesting Man, "I'm sorry, you lost me at 'Budweiser'". Honestly, this beer serves no purpose to anyone who understands beer. Maybe this one would do well on "beershitvocate.com"

worst than the original. yeah its that bad.

The marketing makes the company rich and the blue bottle makes it look cool but that all ends when you crack it open and take a swig. Typical of most American beers, not worth drinking and a joke to beer drinkers worldwide. Question is, why is it popular and still on the market?

BLP literally tastes like regular Bud Light with an infused metallic taste that I couldn't shake. I have no idea how some casual drinkers find this to actually be an improvement over Bud Light or Budweiser but these people seem to think that its ABV of 6% makes it superior. They're all poor excuses for beer and BLP is probably the worst of them. Luckily I tried it for free from a friend and I would recommend absolutely not wasting your hard-earned money on this garbage.

Their they go again.....keeping horrible beer alive

Nice bottle ... Bad aroma , bad appearance, empty watery taste. Water, malt and nothing about taste.

W/e and won't drink again...

Poured this "beer" from is blue bottle into my Sam Adam's perfect pint glass. Bought it because I had to try this platinum beer, the guy at the store really tried to sell me a whole 6pack since "its really good. It tastes like Bud Light with a kick, kinda boozy but good" The same guy who has watched me come in and go straight to the craft and only purchase craft.

A- Pours perfectly urine yellow with no head, no lacing. Has an odd bright, almost florescent color in the glass. Definately brighter than a normal BL. Maybe the extra corn syrup.

S- Smells like stale swill that is a day old in a bar mat, with some cheap Popov vodka spilled over too. Is there even hops in there?

T- Tastes like a Bud Light that was frozen then thawed out, poured into a glass and served ice cold(just like left over beers in college that were hidden in your trunk in the winter)

O- Wow. Thiis is exactly what you would expect if Belgium and Missouri had inbred love child with too many chromosomes. BL, you have solidly made another horrible overpriced beer that needs to "enjoyed" ice, ice cold for it to even be remotely palatable. Im glad you poured millions of dollars to shove it down peoples throats as the next great thing. Good job, Im glad you know your audience- Kanye's "Runaway" for the commercial. Great lyrics too.
Let’s have a toast for the douchebags!
Let’s have a toast for the assholes!
Let’s have a toast for the scumbags
Every one of them that I know
Let’s have a toast for the jerkoffs

Another swing and a miss. Now to decide to pour it down my throat or the sink....

Poured into a frosted mug. From memory; normally, I'd never do a review in this manner, but holy shit, I can still vividly remember what this tastes like.

A: Pours a textbook light straw color with perfect clarity and intense carbonation trails. Even with the frosted mug, the head is hilariously pathetic. Typical nasty-looking swill.

S: Almost non-existent. A touch of grain here, a dab of artificial sweetener there...wait a minute, a dab of artificial sweetener?

T: Hatred. Sickness. Vitriol. Insanity. Depression. No, these aren't the flavors BL Platinum exhibit - these are the emotions that run through my neural synapses when this liquid immediately hits my tongue. No joke, about 4 oz. of this made me sick. This is basically Bud Light (itself pretty awful) but with a nasty cotton candy sweetness to it. The cloying factor seems necessary to balance the additional alcohol...but holy crap, this just comes across as woefully under-attenuated and artificial. Did I mention the aspartame-esque finish is long and lingering, too?

And y'know, I can vaguely see the point of this. A low calorie yet high strength light beer for the masses to easily get drunk off of. Only thing is, they forgot to make it inoffensive and tasteless. Oops.

M: Who cares, this sucks ass.

O: I've always wanted to give something all 1's, so here it is in all its hideous glory. Normally, this kind of score represents the absolute bottom of the barrel, and without a doubt, BL Platinum is a foulest, most disgusting beer ever to grace my palate and should be avoided by any person who may lay claim to working taste buds. Hilariously, though, this may not be the worst beer AB InBev makes...if anything, Budweiser Chelada may make me wish negative scores were possible. Simply put, the malt beverage equivalent of frontal lobotomy performed with a rusty knife.

Tastes like the nastiest medicinal synthetic chemical I've ever imbibed. How on earth did their R&D dept let this one slide thru. I love bud light and bud light ice, but I almost hurled on first sip. Seriously??? I emptied all 6 bottles down the drain without hesitation. Even if I were soif'in' in a desert I wouldn't drink this crap.

1.03/5  rDev -53.4%

This is simply terrible....or rather 'terrbul'.

The only nice thing I can say about this beer is that the blue bottle is very pretty.
The foam looks bad. The mouth feel is unpleasant. It honestly smells like urine to me....urine from a chronic drunk.

AB is such a shit company. If you're a typical DUHguy, then you'll probably like this.
If not, go get a nice stout.

1.03/5  rDev -53.4%

Wow, just wow! Let's take a bad product increase the strength but make it taste worse. I think they've done that. It was fizzy, yellow and clear. Smells like....nothing. Corn, maybe? It tasted like corn and water. Mouthfeel is fizzy and highly carbonated. Overall, this is just as bad if not worse than Bud Light. Simply amazing.

1.05/5  rDev -52.5%

A - Pale yellow as expected. Light head.

S - Very sweet smell. Strongly hints at the flavor to come.

T - Lasting, saccharin sweetness. Not good. No flavors really. Just sweet.

M - Pretty good carbonation. Nothing unexpected there. The sweetness of it almost makes it feel a little sticky though.

O - Really awful. I imagine their thought process being, "Oh crap, you can almost taste the alcohol. We better make it overpoweringly sweet to hide that." If given the choice between this and bud light, I'll take the bud light. Actually, I can't think of anything I would choose this over (except maybe Wild Blue). Unless you're just looking to get drunk with a few less bottles, don't waste your money on this one.

1.06/5  rDev -52%

I was at a bar and just wanted to give it a shot since I heard mixed reviews about it. Some of my college friends (who don't know good beer) said it was good. The bartender said people who like AB products don't like it. I took 1 sip of it and 1 word came to mind. YUCK!! It tasted worse then bud light. I couldn't tell if there was flavor in the beer or it was just plain alcohol. If your going to have a light beer put less alcohol in it, not more.

1.06/5  rDev -52%

I picked up a 12 pack in bottles because I was curious about Bud coming out with a 6% abv AND they offered a $4.00 rebate. I thought, I'll give it try for $8.00 since it's the holidays and I like to keep a few lite fizzy beers on hand for my family. In a word...terrible. It has no smell, taste, mouthfeel, lacing or head. I can honestly say that I would never recommend this beer to anyone.

1.09/5  rDev -50.7%

If only it was made of platinum, you could take it to one of those coin and jewelry stores and sell it! can tell any difference from regular Bud Light, I do like the velvet finish of this beer that's about it.

1.11/5  rDev -49.8%

A good beer for emotionally distraught college girls who have never drank a good beer, but would like to spend a little extra money on a beer they think is premium but is actually the same shit as bud light.

1.13/5  rDev -48.9%

So considering I just reviewed Bud Light, I figured I might as well crack the single of Bud Light PLATINUM I have sitting in my fridge. This is the FIRST time I've ever had this beer so you're going to get the full force of whatever I have to offer. It may not be pretty. You stand warned.

Serving Style : pretty 12 oz blue glass bottle, poured into a Miller Fortune glass.

Appearance (1.5) : I love the blue bottle. I'll keep it to put in my man cave. I think the appeal is the jewel blue bottle and the higher alcohol content. I digress.

Pouring...

So, could this beer could get any paler? Crystal transparency. I could read a book through it! I've seen Chardonnay more opaque! Even lighter colored than regular Bud Light (I have a good comparison as I just poured it moments ago), and the head is about the same - minimal and recedes rapidly. Dud city.

Smell (2) : Slightly boozy, much like bud light but with a larger bouquet; granola, corn, clean swimming pool, leather... something that smells good and is reminiscent of a good time in life but I can't quite put a finger on. I'm just gonna say I like the smell better than regular Bud Light.

Taste (-1) : Whoa. Hold everything. This is like an unwanted kiss from an ugly girl. Corn lager explosion with heavy booze and a finish of artificial chemical awfulness I'm not even gonna try to describe. This is horrible. Cough syrup - I'm getting freaking cough syrup here. Faint faint fruit loops. What the hell???

Mouthfeel (1) : Oily mouthfeel with unbearably heavy carbonation. Dry rubbing alcohol on the finish. I don't think it can get much worse.

Overall (1.13) : This is like a triple distilled malt liquor that finishes like rubbing alcohol. It has flavors but they're all off. It's like I'm drinking watered down malted bleach and antiseptic mixed with cheap vodka. If you hate yourself you'll drink this beer. This is honestly the worst, most horrible beer I've ever laid lips to. This is liquid feces from the depths of hell. My natural, uncensored reaction to this is "holy s**t this is bad". Who approved this out of the brewery? Furthermore, who are the sick people that buy this stuff? I'm going to flag down and warn anybody who tries to buy this beer from our gas station. I think I'll go pour this out now...

1.14/5  rDev -48.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Look, I may have just signed up on this site, but keep in mind that this was a beer that finally enticed me to review, and possibly because I finally got a smartphone. The 6.0% may sound enticing for the low cost, but don't be as dumb as I was, please. We work hard for our money, and we would be better off spending this money on something meaningful and more entertaining, perhaps a chinese finger trap... or a decent block of cheese from the grocery store (everyone loves cheese, yeah, even you, dude who says he doesn't like cheese.)

1.15/5  rDev -48%

Pours out to a temporary thin sudsy head and "triple filtered" clear urine color. Aroma is grain and sweet fruit juice. Flavor is bland, grainy, cider-like and has absolutely no discernible hop features. Despite the dry feel, it tastes sweet and corny. Mouthfeel is seltzer and astringency. On the balance this beer comes off as dressed up malt liquor. There are better tasting malt liquors out there that cost less.

1.18/5  rDev -46.6%

Beer for college chicks looking to get drunk faster. Putrid...

1.18/5  rDev -46.6%

words words words words corn

Bud Light Platinum from Anheuser-Busch