Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
RonnieRotten

Louisiana

12-27-2012 05:07:33 | More by sd123
nUgZ

2.28/5  rDev +3.2%

12 ounce bottle poured into a pint glass.

A: Pours a light golden color with a one finger head and no lacing.

S: Bready malts, corn, and some alcohol. Not very appealing.

T: The taste isn't as bad as the smell. Malty and slightly watered down, but not terrible at all. Slight sweetness in the aftertaste.

M: Light bodied with good carbonation.

O: About what you would expect from a higher gravity Bud Light. It's drinkable, but I'd rather have a Steel Reserve.

12-27-2012 00:05:41 | More by nUgZ
LL_Cool_K

12-26-2012 02:47:10 | More by LL_Cool_K
maksimnetrebchuk

12-24-2012 19:55:15 | More by maksimnetrebchuk
smakawhat

Maryland

2.2/5  rDev -0.5%

Ocean blue bottle, the one and only. Very few places I could just buy ONE bottle, so let's see how this turns out. Poured into a shaker pint.

From the bottle pours a classic straw yellow, but a real bright gold crystal clear, like a window. Head is fluffly white, snaps with lots of carbonation and falls to a collar very quickly. Slow rising carbonation comes up, mostly cola sized but just a few bubbles. Some appealing and not so appealing characters. I call average.

Nose is rank. A real strange chemical component on this. Dry. Varnishy. Unfortunately not much else. Not a real attractive profile, but for the most part it is also quite closed.

Palate hits with a little bit of expected wetness, but there's some thickness hinting at syrup like body. Corny sweet aftertaste, but also with a little bit of honey. A little bit of noticeable carbonation that seems to make a good cut through the sweetness. Alcohol is quite noticeable on the finish, and this gets quite boozy for even just 6%, somewhat fussel like also. Stomach bomb hot after several sips.

Interesting palate, and almost passable for myself, but just hints at a bit too much sweetness. One and done, I lived.

12-24-2012 19:52:02 | More by smakawhat

BRD14

12-16-2012 18:28:16 | More by BRD14
ILikePike

1.65/5  rDev -25.3%

What can I say, its a glorified Bud Light with a slightly higher alc content. Cool if you plan on playing beer pong or kings and a high school party. This beers a joke.

Appearance- Clear piss yellow sitting in a glass, should have kept it in the bottle. Absolutely no head, which is meh.

Smell- This has to be the worst part of the beer because I hate the way any BMC beer smells, which is cheap and corny.

Taste- I was surprised when I tried it at first, it had a little bit of a sharpness to it but not nearly enough to hide the bud light taste.

Overall- Do not waste your money and go for anything else.

12-14-2012 23:37:36 | More by ILikePike
udouche

12-14-2012 21:28:25 | More by udouche
chumsnards666

4.9/5  rDev +121.7%

I had reservations about buying this as it's a little stronger than I am used to, but let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised!

A-The appearance is nothing short of beautiful. The golden, honey colored beer excited me as it was poured into a very bulbous snifter, which I had purchased at McGovern's (a great place to have a cold one, by the way). The lacing was like fine art. The carbonation yielded a nice finger's worth of head which told me I was in for a treat!

S-As I tilted the glass towards my head, I couldn't help but become overwhelmed by the delightful aroma which filled my nostrils. A pleasant blend of hops, barley and all that is great. The carbonation tickled my nose, which made me giggle. The only reason it got a 4.5 is because I had passed gas just before I drank.

M-The mouthfeel was nothing short of amazing. It was like a party in my mouth, but not a regular party, a party like you'd see in a movie.

T-The taste was nothing short of amazing. The years of craftsmanship that went into this godly nectar were very apparent. A smooth, wheaty flavor at first, then a crisp, ballsy finish.

O-Overall, I can not wait to crack open another one of these babies and get down to business. Another fine product, brought to us by a little brewery in the heart of America.

12-13-2012 04:17:58 | More by chumsnards666
gunther1205

Arkansas

12-12-2012 04:07:54 | More by gunther1205
Knapp85

1.78/5  rDev -19.5%

This poured out looking a lot like ginger ale... yellowish gold in color with a fizzy white head on top. The head vanishes and leaves nothing behind to look at on the glass or on top of the beer. The beer is clear and slightly bubbly. yellow water is what it honestly looks like. The smell of the beer has some aromas of light grains and corn... nothing really stands out. The taste is bland and gives off what I felt like chemical flavors or chlorine. The mouthfeel is water, thin, carbonated but just boring. Overall it's pretty bad... I can't seem to come up with a really good reason to buy this beer.

12-12-2012 03:56:08 | More by Knapp85
longbongsilver

Missouri

2.1/5  rDev -5%

First light beer review ever. Try anything once rule, plus the realization that as someone who thinks malt liquors are underrated I've already had at least somewhat favorable views of a couple A-B products, so here we are. Let's do this.

Deuce-deuce bottle fills mug very high very clear damn near white yellow. Super effervescent, head barely blinks. Very faint (as in "any closer and my nose would be *in* the beer") scent suggestive of apple, sweet corn, & cheap bubble gum. Not particularly appetizing, yet not as terrible as I expected. Actually smells better than King Cobra (which I've reconsidered upward as of late) despite being same ABV & brewer, which makes me wonder how they swung this strength without amping up smell. All that is left is to taste this...

Cracker-ish note comes in on top of what the very faint scent says, though the sweeter part comes through with surprising aggression for a light beer. It needs that though, as it goes down like soda water.

Honestly, if you want a cheap drink & are down with this level, I'd say opt for the Cobra. It may smell worse, but it tastes better & is usually cheaper (I paid 2.29 for this; Cobra is only 20 cents more around here for a 40). First light beer review? LAST light beer review.

12-11-2012 07:51:54 | More by longbongsilver