Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
Reviews: 313 | Hads: 1,705
2.75/5  rDev +20.6%

12 oz. bottle into a pint glass

A - White frothy head that foams up easily, even with a moderately soft pour. Head dissipates very quickly. Very highly carbonated. Fast rising carbonation easily visible. Beer is clear and pale straw in color. Sides of glass are coated with carbonation bubbles. 3/5

S - Sweet malty aroma is the main note that I am getting followed by some rice. Smells very clean. Not much else going on in this department. 3/5

T - Rice and white bread are the main tasting notes to this beer. Reminds me of rice chex. Sweetness overrides any bitterness to this beer. Slight metallic aftertaste. Cannot pick out any hops in the flavor profile. 2.5/5

M - Very highly carbonated which results in a carbonation burn and tickle on the tongue. 3/5

O - Good beer for a hot day. Best served very cold. Beer opens up a bit when in a glass as compared to straight from the bottle in terms of both flavor and aroma. 2.75/5 (952 characters)

2.64/5  rDev +15.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Can from Albertsons. Drinking this for an Untappd badge, period. Not expecting much. Normal pale lager look and feel, nose a bit maltier than the norm. Taste is sweet grain and adjuncts, not bad, mouth feel is fairly slick. Very drinkable, not much in flavor, but overall decent. (279 characters)

2.87/5  rDev +25.9%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 3.25

Bud Light Platinum.

I have probably drank at least five thousand of these things by the time I joined this site mid-way through my college years in 2012. My review was quite dickish and I sounded straight up snobby. SO.. 401 beers later I am ready to give this stuff a fair shake. Mind you, only at 401 because I took a two year hiatus ;).

Look - Ever so slight dark tint of golden yellow with a finger of white head that goes away so quickly if you blink you'll completely miss it. Not a single aspect of the head sticks around, so no lacing shall be present. Carbonation certainly looks high. 2.

Smell - A huge punch in the face of creamed corn and rice adjuncts. Cooked vegetables. Yep, it's an AAL alright. 2.5.

Taste - Y'know what, I'm going to be devils advocate here and say it really isn't THAT bad for what it is. Crisp and highly refreshing. Grassy notes all throughout with a pleasant creamed corn aspect. This one is actually quite smooth. 3.25

Feel - Very watery body with enough carbonation to set off a volcanic eruption. Seriously, the carbonation is as high as astronaught pussy. Nothing more to say here. 2.

Overall - If you ignore everything the average beer drinker doesn't care about ( Look,smell, and feel) you come up with an AAL that hits its niche. This truly is far from the worst thing I've ever had, and it is actually quite...pleasant...for its category. Yeah. So give it a shake for what it is and don't aimlessly bash it because it is the brew of choice for 70% of ' beer ' drinkers. Makes for a fine palate washer too. So..ignoring the aspects the average redneck pays no attention to...hold on. Remember, this is meant to be a low flavor, ' high to the average Joe ' alcohol beer that causes regrettable decisions, fist fights, good times, and gets college dudes laid. Anyway, 3.25 (1,823 characters)

Absolutely the worst tasting beer ever. It's also got a strange syrup like mouthfeel which doesn't pair well with the fact that it is supposed to be light. There's nothing premium or platinum here... (199 characters)

1.46/5  rDev -36%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

This stuff tastes like garbage. I was given one by a friend at a party, and decided to give it a shot. It's way too sweet and pretty gross. Although regular Bud Light isn't too flavorful, the upside is that the bad flavors are all pretty tame. In Bud Light Platinum, they're even stronger and worse. This beer tastes like it's been filtered through a skunk. Let the frat bros drink this one because I know I won't ever again. (425 characters)

1.11/5  rDev -51.3%

A good beer for emotionally distraught college girls who have never drank a good beer, but would like to spend a little extra money on a beer they think is premium but is actually the same shit as bud light. (207 characters)

2.6/5  rDev +14%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Is this a great beer, no. Does it stand out from the mass-produced American beers, yes. It is basically a pilsner that focuses heavily on ABV which causes it to lose depth and complexity in flavor and color. With that said, I still drink it regularly. It's inexpensive, goes down smooth and there are a lot of times I want a beer without having to work at having a beer. This is my go to when I'm in that kind of mood. (418 characters)

1.42/5  rDev -37.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.25

Pours a super light golden color with huge bubbly head that almost instantly vanishes. The adjunct aromas in this are the strongest and worst I've smelled in a macro. Goes down pretty harsh and taste is taste putrid. Probably the worst adjunct I've ever had. No redeeming qualities here. (287 characters)

How this is only ranked one point higher than Miller Lite I'll never know. It has a lot more flavor than Miller Lite and the hint of sweetness is pretty nice. (159 characters)

1.7/5  rDev -25.4%

It might just be me, but this beer has a smell and taste that reminds me ever so faintly of the way nail polish remover smells. I found it pretty undrinkable, and poured it down the drain. (188 characters)

1.82/5  rDev -20.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

A friend left it in the fridge. Decided, I would try to see what brewed the Hard Way was all about. Half way through the beer, I accidentally knocked my glass over and broke it. I think God was sending me a message. (218 characters)

3.68/5  rDev +61.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Clear, pale-yellow appearance. Thin, white head that vanishes quickly. Grainy aroma with a bit of apple, and maybe the slightest hint of hops. The taste is mellow and kinda fruity. Crisp and refreshing. The finish is dry with a touch of sweetness. Overall, I enjoy this one. I will buy it again, but not often given the price it goes for in my area. Worth a try if you enjoy this style of beer.

12 oz can
Code on can: 14355 CZ33
Served in a Pilsner glass (455 characters)

1.49/5  rDev -34.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Pours a thin yellow with a fizzy head. Smells slightly metallic with a lot of alcohol. The taste is just bud light with a bit more alcohol on the finish. Not a fan of the beer but I can see why it's popular. (207 characters)

2.73/5  rDev +19.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

My beer quaffing has not been good for the old waist line, and I'm actually growing a little weary of dense, heavy brews, so I thought I'd try some light beer for a change up. This stuff struck my curiosity, with the high ABV but low calories.

Poured from the blue bottle into a shaker pint. A moderate pour produces about an inch of froth, which proves sticky enough. The beer is a pale straw color with high carbonation.

You can really smell the adjuncts- plenty of DMS, suggesting cooked corn, along with a bite of alcohol fruitiness. The overall flavor is a quite a bit more reasonable, but quite watery as you might expect. Just a tiny little bit of earthy bitterness. Watery mouth feel with a clean finish.

This is basically a light malt liquor, and rather unique as it is. It's not very flavorful but it's also not terrible. This beer would be good for someone who likes light lagers but wants a bit more kick. (928 characters)

3.55/5  rDev +55.7%

Better than regular Bud Light. A little more body, and flavor. I guess the little extra alcohol content helps it. Don't let the low ratings fool you. It a pretty good drink. (175 characters)

3.4/5  rDev +49.1%

Finally found a cheap beer that is decent enough to border on enjoyable. Smooth on the front, slightly sweet and ever so slightly spicy on the finish. Almost as if they made a 50/50 mix of club soda and duvel. For a dollar more for a 12 pack then regular bud light, thus definitely will be my go to party session beer. (318 characters)

1.73/5  rDev -24.1%

Pouted from a 12 oz bottle. Pours very pale straw color, crystal clear. There is ZERO head, and no lacing. There is more smell than most lagers, mostly grain and small flecks of citrus. No hops to speak of. Taste is much of the same, malted grain flavor, no alcohol on the palate, no hoppy bitterness. Fair for this style of beer. Feel is a bit odd. Feels much like tonic water, thin, wispy with loads of cola carbonation. This is the second Platinum I've tried, and it is my last. (481 characters)

Looks great, but not a lot of taste but very drinkable and pretty much everyone will drink it. Basically a stronger version that taste almost the same as bud light but for a more stressful day. (194 characters)

Very light clear straw color, pours with almost no head, but does leave some lacing behind.

Smells slightly skunky, with some barley.

Taste is mainly barley, a little sweet. Really not too bad.

Light bodied, thin and watery, rather high carbonation.

Actually surprised it wasn't worse. (289 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +64.5%

I feel most of the poor reviews come from people comparing this to craft beers. This is not a craft beer and it isn't trying to be one. This is a beer for BBQs and hot days. It's crisp, clean, easy to drink and doesn't weigh you down. It also is good for night life because is doesn't make you as tired as other heavier beers. For it's purpose I feel this is a pretty decent beer. (380 characters)

1.85/5  rDev -18.9%

Bud Light Platinum : Yes I give it a try to the Bud Light name.
So the look of it is really light. Nothing much to say about it. Very clear, light carbonation.
The smell of it? like a budweiser
The taste of it? Like my dishwasher with more sugar and more alcohol. Personally I drunk only 1 can and it was already enough. My head start to feel heavy. Very chemical beer.
So overall would I recommend it ? Fuck NO, (412 characters)

3.15/5  rDev +38.2%

Jeeez! you would think this stuff is brewed with toxic waste and camel piss from so many of the ultra Poor reviews here on "Beer SNOB Advocate" ...why is it that so many of you yuppie scumbag morons have to slag EVERY single American made "Macro Lager" there is? hey,I am NOT a "Light Beer" guy,and I drink ALL kinds of Beers/ales,in fact in my fridge right now I have ,"Ballast Point Sculpin & Big Eye IPA,Sierra Nevada Pale ale,Torpedo,and Celebration,Porter & stout,also have some olde English 800,colt 45,Schlitz malt liquor" OML" and a bunch of Macro Lagers too~ Bud/Coors/Pabst/Schlitz...I LOVE all kinds of beer is my point, but reading some [most] of the reviews here about "Bud Light Platinum" it makes me really hate all you "Beer Snobs" even more,so it is not a gr8 beer,but for a light American made Macro lager,it is not bad @ all,I would 4sure serve this beer @ BBQ's,with steamed shrimp/Crabs,or any sort of get together where all you want is a cold ,crisp,refreshing beer that does not weigh you down or fill you up,and as far as "Light Beers" go..I actually like this one quite a bit, STOP rating beers the WRONG way yuppie scum,rate them for their style,and do not compare them to your favorite Craft Beer that cost 20 bucks a 6er! hope all yer BMW's blow a piston~whiny clowns... (1,300 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%

From the bottle.
Smell: Very faint malt.
Taste: Sweet and that's it. Like drinking watered down vodka (which is basically what this is). Body: None, moderate carbonation.
Overall: Flavourless brew. Drinkable, but only because it tastes like sweet water and nothing else. (270 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -34.2%

I do not enjoy this beer, very sweet, almost tastes like regular bud light had a baby with Sweet & Low. The red bull like cans are a turn off as well, I think. (159 characters)

2.03/5  rDev -11%

A go to if I want to get drunk, or have a quick couple of brews while watching sports on the couch.

I think Bud Light is a little better flavor-wise but Platinum has the higher ABV. Nothing wrong with drinking these, cheap and easy to drink. Take Bud Light over Corona or Heineken ten times out of ten. (304 characters)

Bud Light Platinum from Anheuser-Busch