Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
LXIXME

New Mexico

2.25/5  rDev +1.8%

04-30-2014 20:17:35 | More by LXIXME
tdm168

1.63/5  rDev -26.2%

Pours a light copperish yellow with some soapy head that fades away away quickly. The nose is fruity and smells like corn and apples. The taste is the same; grainy and sweet with corn and apple notes. The mouthfeel is very light and heavily carbonated.

It's flavor profile is incredibly light and is dominated by that apple-like off flavor. I didn't have high expectations so I won't say I'm disappointed. I'll be passing on this in the future.

03-04-2012 15:20:30 | More by tdm168
mdaschaf

Washington

2.38/5  rDev +7.7%

A: Pours a clear straw golden color with a small white foamy head, quickly reducing to a thin cap on top. Lots of bubbles released from the bottom.

S: Mineraly, slightly sweet, cereal grains. A little bit of apple actually, but kind of muted overall.

T: Similar to the aroma in that there really isn't much going on. More grainy malt, biscuit, a little corn, and an extremely faint citrus presence.

M: Light bodied with high carbonation which you can feel as you drink it.

O: Nothing really bad, but not something I want to drink again. Not really sure why anyone would.

06-16-2012 00:17:48 | More by mdaschaf
Kelp

New Hampshire

1.75/5  rDev -20.8%

05-09-2013 05:26:56 | More by Kelp
Beerandraiderfan

Nevada

2.4/5  rDev +8.6%

I forget which tailgate, probably Wolfpack baseball, that I got to try this at, but nonetheless, as they say in the commercials, here we go. . .

Pours almost as light as Bud Light. A little more of the dark gold thing going for it. Big head that falls into oblivion. Smell, kind of one of those hybrid lager yeasts and shitty belgian kind of thing going on. The smell stood out here, and not in a good way.

Taste, fairly inoffensive, I think I can actually taste quite a bit of alcohol even though it is only 6%. Barely any hop presence, and that is even up against barely any malt presence.

Look, you know how this beer goes. Light everything, bigger alcohol. Tired of people making fun of you for drinking diet low alcohol beer? Now you're a big man, drinking 6% diet beer. oooh.

06-26-2012 17:51:25 | More by Beerandraiderfan
chinchill

South Carolina

2.63/5  rDev +19%

12oz blue bottle served in a snifter.

Th aroma is both faint and not entirely pleasant, having a bit of a metallic note. The flavor is considerably better, with well balanced malt and hops. Still, the flavor is quite mild and lacks complexity or richness.

M: light body is somewhat watery but better than expected. Some crispness from well-chosen level of carbonation

O: Better than expected since this beer had no obvious production flaws. It worked fine as a thirst=quenching beverage after some summer yard work.

P.S. I note this is a rare beer in generating BA ratings all the way from 1 to 5.

06-14-2012 01:29:54 | More by chinchill

07-28-2012 16:22:57 | More by Zaphog
Tone

Missouri

2.68/5  rDev +21.3%

Pours a clear, straw color. 1/4 inch head of a white color. Slight Retention and poor lacing. Smells of citrus hops, slight alcohol, hint of pale malt, rice, and a hint of sweet malt. Fits the style of a Light Lager. Mouth feel is sharp and crisp, with an average carbonation level. Tastes of citrus hops, pale malt, slight alcohol, slight metallic, and rice. Overall, weak in appearance, aroma, and body. Blend and feel are the best qualities.

02-11-2012 12:15:18 | More by Tone
beertunes

Washington

2.13/5  rDev -3.6%

A complimentary sample from the owner of one of my local pubs (which was good, now I don't have to spend money on it). Served in stemless flute. The beer was a VERY pale yellow, clean and clear, I could easily read through the beer. The beer had about 1/2 inch of white head that had no retention or lacing.

The only aroma to come across the nose was a very slight grain scent, no real malt or hop presence. The story on the tongue was much the same, the grain was a bit more prominent, but still no hops showing up.

The body, as expected, was very thin and watery and had a high level of carbonation. The beer was smoothly drinkable, but why would you want to drink several of these? Overall, pretty much you'd expect from this beer. I was surprised to learn that this beer was 6% ABV however. I suspect that Inbev hit their target when they made this brew, but there's really not much for a craft beer lover to like about this offering. I drank it so you don't have to.

02-18-2012 20:33:44 | More by beertunes

wordemupg

Alberta (Canada)

2.48/5  rDev +12.2%

355ml can poured into pint glass 22/2/13

A clear straw yellow with loads of bubbles feeding a long lasting two finger bone white foam that leaves no lace, looks the part

S sour green apple, rice cakes, soggy cardboard, and some cotton candy? either way this ones not that great

T there's really not much going on here, what I smell just toned down and I'm not sure if that's good or bad. It's not overly offensive but its also far from enjoyable

M watery and well carbonated with a reasonably clean finish, about what I expected

O pretty basic stuff much like most of the macros out there, nothing good but not a drain pour either

6% Bud Light? I can see that causing some confusion with consumers. I can't see any reason why anyone should bother with this one, don't go out of your way for it

02-23-2013 06:43:23 | More by wordemupg
BeerFMAndy

Wisconsin

2.7/5  rDev +22.2%

12 oz twist-top blue bottle poured into a pilsner glass.
6.0% ABV, 12009 on back label (bottled Jan. 09, 2012)

A - Bud Light Platinum pours a frightfully pale yellow color with crystal clarity that shows off the stream of carbonation rushing sky-ward. A loose white head shoots up quickly complete with a loud fizzy sound only to drop almost before I can capture it digitally. No surprise there's no retention or lacing...

S - The short-lived effervescent of Platinum allows a quick burst of fruity aroma to come through briefly before disintigrating into disgust; heavy pale graininess, dry straw, and a metallic finish. The lack of an aroma-retaining head means all these characteristics are gone in moments.

T - Yep, as a BeerFM reader described it; filtered water. Hints of rice and pale malt come out with a sliver of exotic fruitiness that's almost a mirage...save for it's "higher" alcohol level for a bland lager.

M - Pretty well carbonated but not tongue-assaulting like I expected it to be! Platinum is crisp, clean, and drinkable with a finish that leaves nothing to be remembered by.

O - Bud Light Platinum: More alcohol, same drinkability! I can see what AB is doing here... I can't say I'm interested in ever having this beer again but, honestly, once the aroma disappears, [1) which doesn't take long to wait for and 2) how many people will drink it from anything but the bottle?] this beer isn't offensive in the least.

02-08-2012 00:33:04 | More by BeerFMAndy
Bitterbill

Wyoming

1.71/5  rDev -22.6%

Cool cobalt blue bottle, it pours like most macros, a straw yellow, with a good head of foam.

The smell is as piss poor as any macro I've had. Huge grainy notes that put the fear in me of what this is going to taste like.

Okay, the taste is as bad, maybe worse, than I expected. Grain and a sickly sweetness plus the added abv make for a disaster, imho.

No need to comment on the mf and drinkability. This bottle is not worthy of my time and down the drain it goes. At least it was only 1 bottle that I bought.

02-23-2013 15:11:58 | More by Bitterbill
chippo33

Vermont

12-21-2012 03:20:39 | More by chippo33
WoodBrew

I was at a 40th soiree tonight and there wan't much choice so I went with something I had not tried...the budlight platinum. The beer poured a clear solid yellow with initial fizzy head that disipated quickly and left no lace. The smell was typical of most light lager....hints of wheat and grass. The taste was a bit fuller than typical bud light which is an improvement. The mouthfeel was still lighter with big carbonation. Overall it was drinkable.

01-19-2013 05:31:13 | More by WoodBrew
Cynic-ale

08-12-2013 12:07:04 | More by Cynic-ale
DrDemento456

2.75/5  rDev +24.4%

I knew I would never pay for this so when my brother offered me one I was slightly eager to try it.

A - Well it looks like a light lager, piss yellow with a 1/4 inch of white head that is very fizzy. As expected.

S - Well it smells better than a regular bud which in my opinion is not even palatable. Sweet malts and the faintest of hopping make up this corny brew.

T - Well it defiantly better than bud light hands down. Light corn flavor, sugary sweet malts, and no hops in the flavor. Eh.

M - Light bodied as expected for this light lager.

Overall if offered again (usually when the good stuff is gone) it's perfectly drinkable. Not something I would buy even if it was cheap as hell.

02-18-2012 06:44:06 | More by DrDemento456
bluejacket74

1.9/5  rDev -14%

12 ounce bottle. Served in a nonic pint glass, the beer pours a clear straw gold color with a half inch white head that fizzled away quickly. There's a small amount of lacing left on the glass. Aroma is bready malt/grain, sweet malt and some vegetables/corn/adjuncts. Taste is similar to the aroma, but the vegetable/creamed corn flavor is stronger. Ugh, not good so far. Mouthfeel/body is light/medium, it's a bit slick with low/moderate carbonation. It just seems to get worse the longer I drink it. The only bright sides to this brew is that the mouthfeel isn't bad, and that the 6% ABV isn't very noticeable. Bought this as a single at Liquor Barn. I won't be trying this again anytime soon. Give me a regular Bud Light any day over this, I'm not joking.

05-20-2012 00:18:12 | More by bluejacket74
tone77

2.8/5  rDev +26.7%

Poured from a blue 12 oz. bottle. Has a bright yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of corn,an unusual somewhat musty odor.Taste is light, a bit musty, alcohol is present, some grains. Feels light in the mouth and overall this is a mediocre beer.

06-16-2012 17:00:08 | More by tone77
Cyberkedi

Georgia

2.03/5  rDev -8.1%

Well, what can I say? I was thirsty as all-get-out, and it’s hotter than a Wookiee’s temper here in Atlanta. I decided to give it a try. Guess what - it exceeded my expectations. Crisp aroma is better than what I expected. It’s called Light, but it actually smells like beer! OK, not an outstanding aroma, but at least it doesn’t smell like water. It pours a rather typical clear, wan straw yellow with not much head. Flavor is nothing special - but as I said, better than what I expected from a mega-brewed light beer. Crisp, malty with a hint of fruit. Texture is fairly fizzy, smooth, average body. For a light beer, and a megabrewed pale lager, not half bad.

07-10-2012 02:38:56 | More by Cyberkedi