Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
View: Beers (80) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
ThreeWiseMen

I saw this during the Superbowl and recall finding it to be the most hilarious and entertaining commercial. Probably not what they intended.

Appearance: I poured this into a high class snifter; I usually reserve this for my good beers like Bourbon County Brand Stout or §ucaba. With a viscous pour I got a nice one inch thick virgin white head. The body is actually a nice looking golden hue. Looking back at the head and it's already gone. Like it was never there at all. I watch a bubble stream float it's way to the surface.

Smell: From a foot and a half away suddenly I'm not sitting in my home. I'm back in the action. My last cup still on the table with a ping pong ball in it. My partner already missed his one rebuttal. I bounce the ball on the table and look at my two opponents mocking me with various distracting poses. Shouts telling me to hurry up impede my focus. I bounce the ball again on the table and envision victory. My arm cocks back in a way that will be drilled into muscle memory for all time and I release... I take their cups from their side and raise it to my face in defeat.... that smell.... brings me back.

Taste: It's a "more flavor" bud-light. But is it a flavor you want? No. Well actually I've had worse beers. This beer taste bad in a blah way and now that there is more flavor you get that "Blah" taste even more.

Mouthfeel: I drank this beer very cold and very fast.

Overall: If I could go back in time and have the money I'd only play beer pong with this beer. It really hides the 6.0% very well.

04-21-2012 00:12:52 | More by ThreeWiseMen

2.25/5  rDev +1.4%

04-19-2012 22:38:34 | More by RespetoCerveza101
VncentLIFE

2.13/5  rDev -4.1%

Honestly, not a terrible beer. It pours like a bud light. Its pretty bad, but not the worst. Looks like BL. translucent light straw with no head. Shared with George Adams. It smells like light toffee and caramel, but i mean its so subdued that its hard to find.

Honestly, it doesnt taste offensive at first, but it develops into something awful. the extra malt just adds the same malt flavors, but just more of them. Feels light and crisp.

04-19-2012 00:23:36 | More by VncentLIFE
pandatron

04-18-2012 23:15:10 | More by pandatron
smdwyr

1.75/5  rDev -21.2%

04-18-2012 21:26:11 | More by smdwyr
nickfl

1.8/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A - Pours from its classy, premium blue bottle with a small head of white foam that disappears very quickly and leaves no lace. The body is a perfectly clear, golden color.

S - A sweet, grainy note with a hint of green apple.

T - Sweet, thick bready notes up front. Some green apple and grainy character in the middle and a fairly clean finish with just a touch of artificial sweetener.

M - Medium body, moderate carbonation, and a slightly dry finish.

D - So, despite the incredibly upscale packaging this pretty much tastes like Bud Light with some nutrasweet in it. In fact, I am pretty sure I just cracked the secret of Bud Light Platinum, time to stake out the local AB brewery and try to get a picture of the truck delivering loads of fake sugar.

04-17-2012 03:19:14 | More by nickfl

CantSeeUsSober626

04-13-2012 21:14:57 | More by CantSeeUsSober626
psugrad98

1.38/5  rDev -37.8%

This beer pours pale yellow with fizzy bubbles and wispy head. Aroma is of crackly sweet adjuncts, corn and rice?

Taste is fizzy and astringent, bitter and not in a good way. No trace of aromatic hops, but cloying sweet rice and cereal.

Finishes like sour milk, very gross. It gives me gas and a headache. I can't stand it.

04-13-2012 16:30:16 | More by psugrad98
bigfnjoe

2.45/5  rDev +10.4%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass

A- pours a very pale gold with a one finger white head that fades instantly. You can't even pretend to give me some head retention here? Cmon

S- a light aroma of corn and malts...it doesn't smell AWFUL, but not great either

T- actually....it doesn't taste bad. I'd put it a notch above Bud Light. Mild sweetness, no bitterness at all....very refreshing, to be honest

M- very thin and watery texture and body

O- you could do a lot worse for a light lager. The alcohol is hidden very well. For what it is, it's excellent

04-12-2012 21:20:52 | More by bigfnjoe
smartassboiler

04-10-2012 21:10:08 | More by smartassboiler
Dope

2.5/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

A: Extremely pale (almost clear when pouring) and completely clear straw. Medium sized fizzy white head. Fades relatively quickly. Little scribbles of lacing here and there.

S: Almost no aroma. I get a tiny bit of corn and bready malt. Barely perceptible.

T: Corn and then a touch of grainy bread on the back end. Some sweetness comes through, especially as it warms.

M: Somewhat watery.

O: Well, I'm trying to be objective here. I gave it low scores, but it's not horrible. It doesn't taste like hot trash. It didn't give me herpes (yet). It just has almost no aroma or taste, so how can I give it much of a score? Basically some mild adjuncts and cereal grain and that is it. It is drinkable, of course. Why wouldn't it be, it's not really all that far from water. What's more drinkable than water? If I had no other options and I wanted to get drunk quickly and easily, why not pick this beer?

04-09-2012 05:04:43 | More by Dope

Iowa

04-08-2012 15:52:02 | More by Iowacraft
hdf561

3.38/5  rDev +52.3%

This is Bud Light with more alchol content...it is good and not much else to be said.

Definetly a good tailgate beer, and a great beer to have while working in the yard or while grilling out with your buddies.

I recommend it but beer snobs will more than likely diss it as it is not complex or a micro brew.

04-07-2012 01:08:06 | More by hdf561
Photo of

1.5/5  rDev -32.4%

You rated this beer. Consider writing a review.

04-06-2012 18:12:09 | More by
NuclearDolphin

1.4/5  rDev -36.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured into a Pilsner Glass, bought this as part of a mix-a-six

Appearance - Very pale straw yellow color which almost looks white. This looks like straight up urine you'd find in a doctor's office.

Smell - Steamed Cooked Veggies, Cereal Grains, and Alcohol. It's like they took Bud Light and added some extra alcohol in here. This does not smell good at all!

Taste - Everything that was bad about the smell is not much better in the flavor. Cooked Sweet Corn, cereal grains, and rubbing alcohol. It's like they took Bud Light and added some Everclear to it.

Mouthfeel - This beer is super-carbonated, but at least it's crisp feeling....not that it helps any! Also, I'm getting a headache from this thing, and I'm not even done with it yet

Overall - This is an insult to the word "beer". You see.... beer should be a wonderful thing, not an ugly abomination like this. I'm going to sum it up in one phrase directed at Anheuser-Busch "This beer is bad and you should feel bad!"

04-06-2012 03:37:56 | More by NuclearDolphin

2.25/5  rDev +1.4%

04-05-2012 19:56:34 | More by justinm4bama
JackieTH

1.85/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Snappy blue bottle. Pours clear pale yellow with a fizzy finger of foam that persists. Smell is breads and grains. Taste reminded me immedately of a sort of lightweight champale. Maybe a low sugar moscato. I only get the faintest hint of 'beer' taste. It's mildly sweet, fizzy, grainy. You can detect the bud light family genes as well. We worked our way through half a twelve pack. After drinking several from the bottle, one from a glass, my brother Chris added half a bottle to some orange juice and stated that it made a passably decent mimosa. I'm sure people that dislike the beer flavor of beer will really go for Platinum.

04-05-2012 15:25:23 | More by JackieTH
Hoagie1973

2.78/5  rDev +25.2%

Remarkable. This has got to be the most flavorless beer I've ever experienced. The faintest bit of sweet corn and a touch of alcohol and that's it.
However, I would label this beer a resounding success in that I believe this is exactly what AB was trying to produce. Truly a beer for people who don't like the taste of beer.
I can't say it's not drinkable either. It's highly drinkable because there's just not anything there to dislike flavor-wise.
A cold one on a hot day would be fine, but I like the taste of beer and therefore would pass on this.

04-03-2012 14:22:59 | More by Hoagie1973