Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
HangingJohnny

04-27-2012 00:38:54 | More by briiguy
ShadyJay

04-25-2012 17:36:22 | More by ShadyJay
Batmitestar

Appearance: Looks like Bud Light, maybe a tiny bit more color, but nothing special. Inoffensive perhaps?

Smell: Smells like Bud Light which is to say like a tiny bit of corn or maybe wheat along with some metallic tones.

Taste: It certainly is more rewarding than Bud Light -- but that's not to say it's good. It has very little flavor, little bit of corn, little bit of wheat, not much substance at all. Again, inoffensive to the point of being empty. Which I believe is the point of Bud Light in general.

Mouthfeel: This stuff is carbonated like a soda. Thin and watery otherwise. Perfect for frat boys who've not yet learned to appreciate a beer with fewer bubbles.

Overall: I would choose this over Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Light etc. But I would choose Bud regular or PBR if I'm somewhere with nothing but macro brews.

I predict it will be a fart in the pan like lots of other Bud products. Wish they would trade it for Bud Dry Reprise. Of course, I may have been too young to know that Bud Dry was just another crappy macro the last time it was available!

04-24-2012 22:59:23 | More by Batmitestar
bfjochim

Kentucky

3.48/5  rDev +57.5%

Its budlight with a little more kick. Considering budlight is one of if not the top selling beer in america....it can't be that bad. I would like to know what this triple filtered idea is all about. Obviously it has to do with putting more alcohol into the beer, but are they fortifying it with alcohol or furmenting it further?

I really like it!

04-22-2012 08:42:57 | More by BigT0406
djbow

Maryland

2.03/5  rDev -8.1%

A- Pours a very clear piss yellow with a 1 finger white head that fades instantly.

S- Almost no aroma. What there is smells of corn, sweet malts, booze and skunk. Thanks stupid blue bottle.

T- Sweet corn, malt an booze. No bitterness at all and a strange sweet metallic after taste.

M- VERY thin, watery texture and body. Smooth. Too much carbonation.

O- This beer is sort of baby malt liquer poorly done. Another crap product from Anheuser-Busch. This is one that I will avoid and would choose most other beers over this one.

Glass: Dimpled Mug

04-22-2012 04:45:02 | More by djbow
EROCK83

1.25/5  rDev -43.4%

04-21-2012 20:15:02 | More by EROCK83
John_M

Oregon

1.93/5  rDev -12.7%

The options were pretty limited at the Tilted Kilt in White Marsh, so figured this was the perfect time to try a glass of macro swill. To my credit, I made it through nearly a quarter of the bottle before dumping the rest.

The beer pours a light gold color with minimal head retention and light lacing. Still, for an AB lite beer, this isn't too bad. The nose is disgusting, which I guess figures. I get a distinct alka-seltzer and creamed canned corn aroma, which is just flat out weird (not to mention nasty). The flavor profile is a bit better (not exactly a high bar, eh?), but I'm surprised by how much sweet, creamed corn I get. It really dominates the flavor profile, and is just not very enjoyable. Also, as seems to be typical with macro swill from AB-Inbev, there's a gassiness to this beer that is unpleasant, giving me something of a bloated feeling. Mouthfeel is fairly smooth and slick, but is otherwise pretty light and watery.

Mehhh.... as expected, this beer sucks. I guess I would call it better than regular bud lite, but then regular BL is one the nastiest beers on the planet. One and done for me...

04-21-2012 18:57:20 | More by John_M
ThreeWiseMen

I saw this during the Superbowl and recall finding it to be the most hilarious and entertaining commercial. Probably not what they intended.

Appearance: I poured this into a high class snifter; I usually reserve this for my good beers like Bourbon County Brand Stout or §ucaba. With a viscous pour I got a nice one inch thick virgin white head. The body is actually a nice looking golden hue. Looking back at the head and it's already gone. Like it was never there at all. I watch a bubble stream float it's way to the surface.

Smell: From a foot and a half away suddenly I'm not sitting in my home. I'm back in the action. My last cup still on the table with a ping pong ball in it. My partner already missed his one rebuttal. I bounce the ball on the table and look at my two opponents mocking me with various distracting poses. Shouts telling me to hurry up impede my focus. I bounce the ball again on the table and envision victory. My arm cocks back in a way that will be drilled into muscle memory for all time and I release... I take their cups from their side and raise it to my face in defeat.... that smell.... brings me back.

Taste: It's a "more flavor" bud-light. But is it a flavor you want? No. Well actually I've had worse beers. This beer taste bad in a blah way and now that there is more flavor you get that "Blah" taste even more.

Mouthfeel: I drank this beer very cold and very fast.

Overall: If I could go back in time and have the money I'd only play beer pong with this beer. It really hides the 6.0% very well.

04-21-2012 00:12:52 | More by ThreeWiseMen
keepitsimple1990

04-20-2012 05:36:58 | More by keepitsimple1990
RespetoCerveza101

04-19-2012 22:38:34 | More by RespetoCerveza101
VncentLIFE

2.13/5  rDev -3.6%

Honestly, not a terrible beer. It pours like a bud light. Its pretty bad, but not the worst. Looks like BL. translucent light straw with no head. Shared with George Adams. It smells like light toffee and caramel, but i mean its so subdued that its hard to find.

Honestly, it doesnt taste offensive at first, but it develops into something awful. the extra malt just adds the same malt flavors, but just more of them. Feels light and crisp.

04-19-2012 00:23:36 | More by VncentLIFE
pandatron

04-18-2012 23:15:10 | More by pandatron
smdwyr

1.75/5  rDev -20.8%

04-18-2012 21:26:11 | More by smdwyr
nickfl

1.8/5  rDev -18.6%

A - Pours from its classy, premium blue bottle with a small head of white foam that disappears very quickly and leaves no lace. The body is a perfectly clear, golden color.

S - A sweet, grainy note with a hint of green apple.

T - Sweet, thick bready notes up front. Some green apple and grainy character in the middle and a fairly clean finish with just a touch of artificial sweetener.

M - Medium body, moderate carbonation, and a slightly dry finish.

D - So, despite the incredibly upscale packaging this pretty much tastes like Bud Light with some nutrasweet in it. In fact, I am pretty sure I just cracked the secret of Bud Light Platinum, time to stake out the local AB brewery and try to get a picture of the truck delivering loads of fake sugar.

04-17-2012 03:19:14 | More by nickfl