Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
View: Beers (79) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
Kromes

Georgia

2.45/5  rDev +10.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

A: A crystal clear pale straw color with a fizzy white head.

S: Sweet grain/rice/corn aromas with a touch of earthy hop.

T: A big sweet grainy corn/rice flavor with a tiny bit of hop in the finish.

M: soda

O: Well, it's better than plain Bud Light. It's got that going for it...which is nice.

03-13-2012 22:47:10 | More by Kromes

1.75/5  rDev -21.2%

03-12-2012 16:28:28 | More by 2378GCGTG
kylehay2004

1.73/5  rDev -22.1%

A half finger head forms. The smell is of barely. Taste is sweeter than bud light with a less bitter aftertaste.The beer tastes and looks watered down but really its just lack of hop flavoring. Far more watered down than its non-light version just like bud light.

03-12-2012 12:02:08 | More by kylehay2004
vicsju1991

03-12-2012 01:11:40 | More by vicsju1991
alexgash

Connecticut

1.95/5  rDev -12.2%

12 oz. cobalt blue bottle.

Exceedingly clear and clean light straw body. Small, thin, fizzy, eggshell white head. No lacing. Sweetish nose with notes of honey, corn Chex cereal, and a little singed caramel. Faint hop skunkiness.

Light malt sweetness up front. Some honey, but turns to sugar-dusted corn cereal pretty quick. Light graininess near the finish, along with a hint of ethanol and a blip of peppery hops. Light-bodied, with a fizzy, soda-y feel. Corny overall. I don't really understand why this beer exists (marketing and niche wise--light malt liquor might be a better "style"), and I also don't understand why anyone would try it again. Not terrible, but not good.

03-10-2012 23:07:03 | More by alexgash
buddyvelt

2.75/5  rDev +23.9%

03-10-2012 14:45:51 | More by buddyvelt
JoLight

Georgia

2.9/5  rDev +30.6%

Appearance - Light yellow, and a stark-white soapy that dissipates into a small ring.

Aroma - Sweet, adjuncts. A lot like Natural Ice, but much less pleasant.

Taste - Grains, a little alcohol, sweetness, a slight bit of barley malt, and lots of adjuncts.

Finish - Clean, crisp, refreshing, dry.

03-10-2012 04:34:20 | More by JoLight
Kirby

03-10-2012 03:44:33 | More by Kirby
bluHatter

1.48/5  rDev -33.3%

A: Interesting blue bottle. Don't see that too often. Pours golden yellow. Very clear. Light white foamy head that disappears almost instantly.

S: Corn, lots of sweet corn.

T: Malts, more of that sweet corn. This stuff is really sweet.

M: Watery, flat. Almost no carbonation here. A long lingering sweet aftertaste

O: It's kind of bad... I think I prefer a normal bud light, this is just too sweet for my taste.

03-10-2012 00:55:57 | More by bluHatter
RobGronkowski

03-09-2012 21:46:19 | More by RobGronkowski
LostTraveler

Maine

Poured this "beer" from is blue bottle into my Sam Adam's perfect pint glass. Bought it because I had to try this platinum beer, the guy at the store really tried to sell me a whole 6pack since "its really good. It tastes like Bud Light with a kick, kinda boozy but good" The same guy who has watched me come in and go straight to the craft and only purchase craft.

A- Pours perfectly urine yellow with no head, no lacing. Has an odd bright, almost florescent color in the glass. Definately brighter than a normal BL. Maybe the extra corn syrup.

S- Smells like stale swill that is a day old in a bar mat, with some cheap Popov vodka spilled over too. Is there even hops in there?

T- Tastes like a Bud Light that was frozen then thawed out, poured into a glass and served ice cold(just like left over beers in college that were hidden in your trunk in the winter)

O- Wow. Thiis is exactly what you would expect if Belgium and Missouri had inbred love child with too many chromosomes. BL, you have solidly made another horrible overpriced beer that needs to "enjoyed" ice, ice cold for it to even be remotely palatable. Im glad you poured millions of dollars to shove it down peoples throats as the next great thing. Good job, Im glad you know your audience- Kanye's "Runaway" for the commercial. Great lyrics too.
Let’s have a toast for the douchebags!
Let’s have a toast for the assholes!
Let’s have a toast for the scumbags
Every one of them that I know
Let’s have a toast for the jerkoffs

Another swing and a miss. Now to decide to pour it down my throat or the sink....

03-09-2012 06:18:33 | More by LostTraveler
adamant1912

3.25/5  rDev +46.4%

03-08-2012 17:39:42 | More by adamant1912
Rhubarbsss

1.53/5  rDev -31.1%

Appearance of Bottle: made me want to immediately hop on my private jet and say to the pilot emphatically "To Beirut, son."

Apperance of Beverage: dehydrated potty but on the edges gold bars under a fantastically large and dim microfiche reader. I saw one lace but perhaps it could have been saliva from savagely drooling over what I had been told from several reputable sources was outstanding.

Smell: nose was pungently undisturbing with slight tinges of the straw that served as the floor of Affirmed's bed.

Taste: 60 year old pillow stuffing from Estonia, depleted uranium and cigarette filters. I can detect slight undertones of mercury but it fades fast... or it makes me percieve that it does.

Overall: i would drink this over bud light. Would use as the foil in a mystery cooler.

03-08-2012 04:53:10 | More by Rhubarbsss
srandycarter

A - Very light, very clear straw. Near white, small head, some cling lace. Lots of cascading bubbles.

S - Corn mash, mostly , hidden malt and hops.

T - Like a watered down 'malt liquor'. Personally, that is an improvement.

M - Light body, good carb, balance is whatever.

D - Hot day, or a quick buzz, not a bad option for ABV and lightness.

03-08-2012 02:52:39 | More by srandycarter

2.5/5  rDev +12.6%

03-06-2012 11:52:38 | More by kynap55
larrybel2000

1.63/5  rDev -26.6%

What the hell were they thinking. This is one of the worst beers I have ever tasted. Fire the brewmaster and the idiots who approved this mess.I brewed an IPA and on my first shot it wasn't bad but I don't know what the hell they were trying to do with this one.

03-06-2012 03:27:12 | More by larrybel2000
durkle

03-05-2012 21:38:07 | More by durkle
andrewj17

03-05-2012 01:29:04 | More by andrewj17
tdm168

1.63/5  rDev -26.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a light copperish yellow with some soapy head that fades away away quickly. The nose is fruity and smells like corn and apples. The taste is the same; grainy and sweet with corn and apple notes. The mouthfeel is very light and heavily carbonated.

It's flavor profile is incredibly light and is dominated by that apple-like off flavor. I didn't have high expectations so I won't say I'm disappointed. I'll be passing on this in the future.

03-04-2012 15:20:30 | More by tdm168

Jenessa

03-04-2012 02:29:42 | More by Jenessa
startreker

1.83/5  rDev -17.6%

My neighbor gave me a bottle to try, so being curious about Buds latest endeavor, I was eager to give it a try. Please dont misunderstand me, as I am a craft beer drinker tried and true, and have only liked one of Budweisers offerings, wich was there American Ale. Now that was a good one in my book, considering the source. And wouldnt you know, I no longer see the Budweiser American Ale on the shelves any longer.

So now for Bud Platinum Light. I Have to interject just a wee bit of humor here folks. In addition to being a beer lover, Im also a cat lover. Anytime I crack open a proper craft beer, my cat jumps up onto the kitchen table, to give it a smell after its been poured into a glass. Well, she must`ve been a beer lover in some past life hehe, as she always licks her chops after getting a good smell of what Im about to drink. So of course, I cracked open the Bud Platinum light, and wouldnt you know, she jumped up on the table eager to smell it. Now this was before I did myself. She smelled the beer, as she usualy does, but her face grimaced after she did. She did not lick her chops, and instead trotted away quickly ... That wasnt a good sign right there!!

A. Very pale straw as I anticipated for a light beer, tons of carbonation. The head dissipated very quicky, and zero lacing.

S. I could barely make out anything noticeable, except for maybe burnt corn.

T. After doing my darndest to distinguish, what on earth I was tasting, I finaly decided that it very much reminded me of Perrier mineral water, with lemon. It had cirtus notes, but nothing to balance out whatever Budweiser was trying to acheive.

M. Bland and watery.

O. Not the worst light beer Ive ever had, it must be because of the citrus overtones this one peresents. If I wanted to do nothing but get drunk, this would be akin to a malt liquor minus the malt. I will not purchase this beer, and am glad my neighbor gave me one to come to this conclusion.

03-04-2012 01:57:10 | More by startreker