Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
View: Beers (79) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
Kirby

03-10-2012 03:44:33 | More by Kirby
bluHatter

1.48/5  rDev -33.3%

A: Interesting blue bottle. Don't see that too often. Pours golden yellow. Very clear. Light white foamy head that disappears almost instantly.

S: Corn, lots of sweet corn.

T: Malts, more of that sweet corn. This stuff is really sweet.

M: Watery, flat. Almost no carbonation here. A long lingering sweet aftertaste

O: It's kind of bad... I think I prefer a normal bud light, this is just too sweet for my taste.

03-10-2012 00:55:57 | More by bluHatter
RobGronkowski

03-09-2012 21:46:19 | More by RobGronkowski
LostTraveler

Maine

Poured this "beer" from is blue bottle into my Sam Adam's perfect pint glass. Bought it because I had to try this platinum beer, the guy at the store really tried to sell me a whole 6pack since "its really good. It tastes like Bud Light with a kick, kinda boozy but good" The same guy who has watched me come in and go straight to the craft and only purchase craft.

A- Pours perfectly urine yellow with no head, no lacing. Has an odd bright, almost florescent color in the glass. Definately brighter than a normal BL. Maybe the extra corn syrup.

S- Smells like stale swill that is a day old in a bar mat, with some cheap Popov vodka spilled over too. Is there even hops in there?

T- Tastes like a Bud Light that was frozen then thawed out, poured into a glass and served ice cold(just like left over beers in college that were hidden in your trunk in the winter)

O- Wow. Thiis is exactly what you would expect if Belgium and Missouri had inbred love child with too many chromosomes. BL, you have solidly made another horrible overpriced beer that needs to "enjoyed" ice, ice cold for it to even be remotely palatable. Im glad you poured millions of dollars to shove it down peoples throats as the next great thing. Good job, Im glad you know your audience- Kanye's "Runaway" for the commercial. Great lyrics too.
Let’s have a toast for the douchebags!
Let’s have a toast for the assholes!
Let’s have a toast for the scumbags
Every one of them that I know
Let’s have a toast for the jerkoffs

Another swing and a miss. Now to decide to pour it down my throat or the sink....

03-09-2012 06:18:33 | More by LostTraveler
adamant1912

3.25/5  rDev +46.4%

03-08-2012 17:39:42 | More by adamant1912
Rhubarbsss

1.53/5  rDev -31.1%

Appearance of Bottle: made me want to immediately hop on my private jet and say to the pilot emphatically "To Beirut, son."

Apperance of Beverage: dehydrated potty but on the edges gold bars under a fantastically large and dim microfiche reader. I saw one lace but perhaps it could have been saliva from savagely drooling over what I had been told from several reputable sources was outstanding.

Smell: nose was pungently undisturbing with slight tinges of the straw that served as the floor of Affirmed's bed.

Taste: 60 year old pillow stuffing from Estonia, depleted uranium and cigarette filters. I can detect slight undertones of mercury but it fades fast... or it makes me percieve that it does.

Overall: i would drink this over bud light. Would use as the foil in a mystery cooler.

03-08-2012 04:53:10 | More by Rhubarbsss
srandycarter

A - Very light, very clear straw. Near white, small head, some cling lace. Lots of cascading bubbles.

S - Corn mash, mostly , hidden malt and hops.

T - Like a watered down 'malt liquor'. Personally, that is an improvement.

M - Light body, good carb, balance is whatever.

D - Hot day, or a quick buzz, not a bad option for ABV and lightness.

03-08-2012 02:52:39 | More by srandycarter
brokentee

1.5/5  rDev -32.4%

03-08-2012 00:58:56 | More by brokentee
kynap55

03-06-2012 11:52:38 | More by kynap55
larrybel2000

1.63/5  rDev -26.6%

What the hell were they thinking. This is one of the worst beers I have ever tasted. Fire the brewmaster and the idiots who approved this mess.I brewed an IPA and on my first shot it wasn't bad but I don't know what the hell they were trying to do with this one.

03-06-2012 03:27:12 | More by larrybel2000
durkle

03-05-2012 21:38:07 | More by durkle
andrewj17

03-05-2012 01:29:04 | More by andrewj17
tdm168

1.63/5  rDev -26.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a light copperish yellow with some soapy head that fades away away quickly. The nose is fruity and smells like corn and apples. The taste is the same; grainy and sweet with corn and apple notes. The mouthfeel is very light and heavily carbonated.

It's flavor profile is incredibly light and is dominated by that apple-like off flavor. I didn't have high expectations so I won't say I'm disappointed. I'll be passing on this in the future.

03-04-2012 15:20:30 | More by tdm168

Jenessa

03-04-2012 02:29:42 | More by Jenessa
startreker

1.83/5  rDev -17.6%

My neighbor gave me a bottle to try, so being curious about Buds latest endeavor, I was eager to give it a try. Please dont misunderstand me, as I am a craft beer drinker tried and true, and have only liked one of Budweisers offerings, wich was there American Ale. Now that was a good one in my book, considering the source. And wouldnt you know, I no longer see the Budweiser American Ale on the shelves any longer.

So now for Bud Platinum Light. I Have to interject just a wee bit of humor here folks. In addition to being a beer lover, Im also a cat lover. Anytime I crack open a proper craft beer, my cat jumps up onto the kitchen table, to give it a smell after its been poured into a glass. Well, she must`ve been a beer lover in some past life hehe, as she always licks her chops after getting a good smell of what Im about to drink. So of course, I cracked open the Bud Platinum light, and wouldnt you know, she jumped up on the table eager to smell it. Now this was before I did myself. She smelled the beer, as she usualy does, but her face grimaced after she did. She did not lick her chops, and instead trotted away quickly ... That wasnt a good sign right there!!

A. Very pale straw as I anticipated for a light beer, tons of carbonation. The head dissipated very quicky, and zero lacing.

S. I could barely make out anything noticeable, except for maybe burnt corn.

T. After doing my darndest to distinguish, what on earth I was tasting, I finaly decided that it very much reminded me of Perrier mineral water, with lemon. It had cirtus notes, but nothing to balance out whatever Budweiser was trying to acheive.

M. Bland and watery.

O. Not the worst light beer Ive ever had, it must be because of the citrus overtones this one peresents. If I wanted to do nothing but get drunk, this would be akin to a malt liquor minus the malt. I will not purchase this beer, and am glad my neighbor gave me one to come to this conclusion.

03-04-2012 01:57:10 | More by startreker
Hanzo

03-03-2012 22:00:07 | More by Hanzo
Nikki

03-03-2012 20:24:19 | More by Nikki
dogfishandi

2.28/5  rDev +2.7%

12oz twist off, blue bottle. split with my dad poured into a snifter.

extremely clear watery yellow color with a thin pure white colored head. it did keep a somewhat retentive thick white ring and showed some lace as well. i was constantly swirling the glass... a good amount of carbonation bubbles.

mineral water is mostly what i get out of the aroma. hints of sweet corn and maybe the slightest bit of rotten egg.

the taste is almost identical to regular bud light. lagery mineral water, sweet corn like grains and hints of yeast. maybe even slight hints of pickle juice? but very clean.

very light bodied with a rather watery feel. over carbonated at first, but steady swirling brings it to about the right level.

as far as light lagers go, this really isnt bad. bud light is prolly my favorite out of all the macro light lagers, but thats not saying much as its one of my least favorite styles. this is hardly any different than regular bud light, maybe the slightest bit more taste, but still not something i would ever buy and even avoid drinking if it was free. and i really dont understand the whole concept behind this beer, all i can make of it is a ploy to alcoholics.

03-03-2012 19:40:26 | More by dogfishandi
onetodave

Maryland

03-03-2012 19:39:18 | More by onetodave
aval89

2.1/5  rDev -5.4%

A: clear light gold with half finger head. Head settles quickly.

S: sweet veggie like aroma. Some grain. Smells like budlight.

T: sweet corn upfront. Then you get some more cooked veggie flavors with a sweet aftertaste. You do get a slight hint that there is a bit more alcohol.

Mf: light-medium with prickly carbonation. Leaves a creamy feel after its down.

O: pretty much what I expected. Meh.

03-03-2012 09:41:39 | More by aval89

Colorado

03-02-2012 20:40:09 | More by jriggins6
Sean9689

2.18/5  rDev -1.8%

Bottle into pint glass...not sure why but I at least wanted to give this a try.

A - Pours yellow, fizzy, looks like water.

S - Smells like a grain mill, pond water, and metal.

T - Tastes like a grain mill, pond water, and metal.

M - Light body, fizzy carbonation, drinks like water.

O - Why did I do this? Oh well, at least now I know I won't have to worry about ticking this any longer. Below average light lager.

03-02-2012 20:33:18 | More by Sean9689