Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros

FriedGold2112, Apr 24, 2012

4Socialanxiety, Apr 22, 2012

StoicBeast, Apr 22, 2012

BigT0406, Apr 22, 2012
2.03/5  rDev -8.1%

A- Pours a very clear piss yellow with a 1 finger white head that fades instantly.

S- Almost no aroma. What there is smells of corn, sweet malts, booze and skunk. Thanks stupid blue bottle.

T- Sweet corn, malt an booze. No bitterness at all and a strange sweet metallic after taste.

M- VERY thin, watery texture and body. Smooth. Too much carbonation.

O- This beer is sort of baby malt liquer poorly done. Another crap product from Anheuser-Busch. This is one that I will avoid and would choose most other beers over this one.

Glass: Dimpled Mug

djbow, Apr 22, 2012
1.25/5  rDev -43.4%

EROCK83, Apr 21, 2012
1.93/5  rDev -12.7%

The options were pretty limited at the Tilted Kilt in White Marsh, so figured this was the perfect time to try a glass of macro swill. To my credit, I made it through nearly a quarter of the bottle before dumping the rest.

The beer pours a light gold color with minimal head retention and light lacing. Still, for an AB lite beer, this isn't too bad. The nose is disgusting, which I guess figures. I get a distinct alka-seltzer and creamed canned corn aroma, which is just flat out weird (not to mention nasty). The flavor profile is a bit better (not exactly a high bar, eh?), but I'm surprised by how much sweet, creamed corn I get. It really dominates the flavor profile, and is just not very enjoyable. Also, as seems to be typical with macro swill from AB-Inbev, there's a gassiness to this beer that is unpleasant, giving me something of a bloated feeling. Mouthfeel is fairly smooth and slick, but is otherwise pretty light and watery.

Mehhh.... as expected, this beer sucks. I guess I would call it better than regular bud lite, but then regular BL is one the nastiest beers on the planet. One and done for me...

John_M, Apr 21, 2012

I saw this during the Superbowl and recall finding it to be the most hilarious and entertaining commercial. Probably not what they intended.

Appearance: I poured this into a high class snifter; I usually reserve this for my good beers like Bourbon County Brand Stout or §ucaba. With a viscous pour I got a nice one inch thick virgin white head. The body is actually a nice looking golden hue. Looking back at the head and it's already gone. Like it was never there at all. I watch a bubble stream float it's way to the surface.

Smell: From a foot and a half away suddenly I'm not sitting in my home. I'm back in the action. My last cup still on the table with a ping pong ball in it. My partner already missed his one rebuttal. I bounce the ball on the table and look at my two opponents mocking me with various distracting poses. Shouts telling me to hurry up impede my focus. I bounce the ball again on the table and envision victory. My arm cocks back in a way that will be drilled into muscle memory for all time and I release... I take their cups from their side and raise it to my face in defeat.... that smell.... brings me back.

Taste: It's a "more flavor" bud-light. But is it a flavor you want? No. Well actually I've had worse beers. This beer taste bad in a blah way and now that there is more flavor you get that "Blah" taste even more.

Mouthfeel: I drank this beer very cold and very fast.

Overall: If I could go back in time and have the money I'd only play beer pong with this beer. It really hides the 6.0% very well.

ThreeWiseMen, Apr 21, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -32.1%

keepitsimple1990, Apr 20, 2012
2.25/5  rDev +1.8%

RespetoCerveza101, Apr 19, 2012
2.13/5  rDev -3.6%

Honestly, not a terrible beer. It pours like a bud light. Its pretty bad, but not the worst. Looks like BL. translucent light straw with no head. Shared with George Adams. It smells like light toffee and caramel, but i mean its so subdued that its hard to find.

Honestly, it doesnt taste offensive at first, but it develops into something awful. the extra malt just adds the same malt flavors, but just more of them. Feels light and crisp.

VncentLIFE, Apr 19, 2012

pandatron, Apr 19, 2012
1.75/5  rDev -20.8%

smdwyr, Apr 18, 2012
1.8/5  rDev -18.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A - Pours from its classy, premium blue bottle with a small head of white foam that disappears very quickly and leaves no lace. The body is a perfectly clear, golden color.

S - A sweet, grainy note with a hint of green apple.

T - Sweet, thick bready notes up front. Some green apple and grainy character in the middle and a fairly clean finish with just a touch of artificial sweetener.

M - Medium body, moderate carbonation, and a slightly dry finish.

D - So, despite the incredibly upscale packaging this pretty much tastes like Bud Light with some nutrasweet in it. In fact, I am pretty sure I just cracked the secret of Bud Light Platinum, time to stake out the local AB brewery and try to get a picture of the truck delivering loads of fake sugar.

nickfl, Apr 17, 2012
2.75/5  rDev +24.4%

Insanity55, Apr 16, 2012

mzeld, Apr 15, 2012
2.75/5  rDev +24.4%

Mjcanton, Apr 13, 2012
1.38/5  rDev -37.6%

This beer pours pale yellow with fizzy bubbles and wispy head. Aroma is of crackly sweet adjuncts, corn and rice?

Taste is fizzy and astringent, bitter and not in a good way. No trace of aromatic hops, but cloying sweet rice and cereal.

Finishes like sour milk, very gross. It gives me gas and a headache. I can't stand it.

psugrad98, Apr 13, 2012
2.45/5  rDev +10.9%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass

A- pours a very pale gold with a one finger white head that fades instantly. You can't even pretend to give me some head retention here? Cmon

S- a light aroma of corn and malts...it doesn't smell AWFUL, but not great either

T- actually....it doesn't taste bad. I'd put it a notch above Bud Light. Mild sweetness, no bitterness at all....very refreshing, to be honest

M- very thin and watery texture and body

O- you could do a lot worse for a light lager. The alcohol is hidden very well. For what it is, it's excellent

bigfnjoe, Apr 12, 2012

smartassboiler, Apr 10, 2012
2.5/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

A: Extremely pale (almost clear when pouring) and completely clear straw. Medium sized fizzy white head. Fades relatively quickly. Little scribbles of lacing here and there.

S: Almost no aroma. I get a tiny bit of corn and bready malt. Barely perceptible.

T: Corn and then a touch of grainy bread on the back end. Some sweetness comes through, especially as it warms.

M: Somewhat watery.

O: Well, I'm trying to be objective here. I gave it low scores, but it's not horrible. It doesn't taste like hot trash. It didn't give me herpes (yet). It just has almost no aroma or taste, so how can I give it much of a score? Basically some mild adjuncts and cereal grain and that is it. It is drinkable, of course. Why wouldn't it be, it's not really all that far from water. What's more drinkable than water? If I had no other options and I wanted to get drunk quickly and easily, why not pick this beer?

Dope, Apr 09, 2012