Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
3.35/5  rDev +51.6%

12oz bottle into SA perfect pint.

A: Pours an extremely clear, pale yellow hue with a humungous, billowing, pillowy bright white head that slowly fizzed away into a faint scum. Sparse soapy lace.
S: Not much. I get a hint of some yeast and peppery spice. Very light.
T: Sweet and doughy notes of lightly bready malt and a hint of peppery, spicy, hops and lager yeast. Not much to the taste but it seems sweeter and breadier than normal BL.
M: Body is fuller than regular BL and the mouthfeel is less watery. Carbonation is definitely fuller as well although I would say its fuller when drinking straight out of the bottle than poured into the glass.
O: I find Coors to be better than Budweiser in general because I get a nasty aftertaste in AB products. This however, was actually quite clean and crisp. Given the choice, this trumps regular BL. Pretty drinkable actually, and not terrible as it warms.

scottfrie, Mar 24, 2012
1.98/5  rDev -10.4%

pours out of the blue bottle a pale straw yellow colour with a quickly dissipating snow white head leaving no lace. corny, cereal aroma...a bit of a highly attentuated malt liquor aroma. the taste is also reminiscent of malt liquor...sweet adjunct taste, sort of unpleasant actually. i like the occasional malt liquor, but mostly stick with miller products as A-B varieties just mostly taste bad to me. and this one is really no different. shallow body and a semi-cloying, carbonated mouthfeel. drinakability really isn't that good either. i drank this after a long walk when i knew i would be thirsty, and it did not hit the spot, as say, regular Budweiser often does for me.

overall a disappointment, and i wasn't expecting much. i hope my wife wants to drink the rest of six pack.

budgood1, Mar 23, 2012

ObeMaltKinobee, Mar 23, 2012
2.05/5  rDev -7.2%

Felt bad to ask for a glass. So I didn't. It was free, thanks Valencio.

Smelled like apple and wet cardboard. Soggy grains, wet cereal.
Tasted similar, more apple and soggy graininess. It has a touch more malt flavor than standard issue Bud Light. Mild taste, flaccid feel, utterly dull and insipid flavor wise. Biting astringent carbonation, watery aftertaste. Pretty much bullshit any way you slice it... whee, liquid garbage.

emerge077, Mar 23, 2012

bpop23, Mar 22, 2012
1.58/5  rDev -28.5%

Really not much to say that I'm sure hasn't been said already. No real appearance to speak of. Not really any smell or taste that I'm guessing was the intention. Overall really just a alcohol delivery device. And I'm my opinion not a very good one. Bourbon works faster and taste better in my opinion.

icefisherman, Mar 22, 2012
1.33/5  rDev -39.8%

Generally, I go through and do a pretty detailed job on my beer reviews. To me, beer reviewing is as much art as science, and I take a lot of pride in my reviews. I take notes, I do my homework on the styles, I really enjoy tasting, drinking, and reviewing beer.

That beng said, I am not going to waste a lot of energy on this review. I try to avoid reviewing too many macro products, although this is not my first, but I kind of think it's a little lame. Anyway...

This beer looks a lot like any other macro when you pour it. Straw colored, very clear, no real head or lacing. It eally doesn't smell like much at all. Maybe corn or some slight grains.

It pretty much tastes like a thicker, nastier version of Bud Light. Not a huge fan of either product. Highly carbonated finish.

Overall, this beer is not good. I got this beer from a party where the buyer (not me) didn't want it (I wonder why), so I took it home. Six free beers, why not? For the price I have seen this selling for, no way. If I'm going macro, give me Busch Light, Coors, or Natty.

TheCondor, Mar 22, 2012

rah1734bones, Mar 21, 2012

illini4x4, Mar 21, 2012

tweimer48, Mar 20, 2012

67cuda, Mar 19, 2012
2.5/5  rDev +13.1%

NEDmiller, Mar 18, 2012
1.05/5  rDev -52.5%

I picked up a 12 pack in bottles because I was curious about Bud coming out with a 6% abv AND they offered a $4.00 rebate. I thought, I'll give it try for $8.00 since it's the holidays and I like to keep a few lite fizzy beers on hand for my family. In a word...terrible. It has no smell, taste, mouthfeel, lacing or head. I can honestly say that I would never recommend this beer to anyone.

javatime, Mar 18, 2012
2.2/5  rDev -0.5%

12 Ounce blue bottle poured into a pint glass

Appearance: Light yellow in color with a white head that disappears really fast

Smell: It has a little bit of an odd, almost hard cider, type smell to it. Being that it is not a hard cider it seems a little strange, but it may be just an alcohol scent more then anything.

Taste: There is an initial taste that is almost alcohol type taste that fades fairly quick leaving little else. There is a little bit of a sweetness that might be described as more of a corn sweetness more then anything.

Note: As far as macro beers go, I actually do like Bud products. I am glad I tried this but it probably would not be something I would get again. If I had a choice between this and Bud Light I would take the regular Bud Light.

ruckus232, Mar 17, 2012

Robb, Mar 17, 2012
1.03/5  rDev -53.4%

Wow, just wow! Let's take a bad product increase the strength but make it taste worse. I think they've done that. It was fizzy, yellow and clear. Smells like....nothing. Corn, maybe? It tasted like corn and water. Mouthfeel is fizzy and highly carbonated. Overall, this is just as bad if not worse than Bud Light. Simply amazing.

zeff80, Mar 17, 2012
3.75/5  rDev +69.7%

markallmon, Mar 17, 2012
2.23/5  rDev +0.9%

Got this as an extra in a trade with youradhere. Thanks Jim! I think...

12oz bottle.

A- Pours a crystal clear light golden color with a sudsy white foam that fizzles away to a ring.

S- There is almost zero aroma to this beer. I think I can pick out a faint grain smell with some seltzer water. Not much else going on.

T- Mostly sweetness in the taste with a touch of rice and cereal grain. Enough alcohol in the finish to notice.

M- Light bodied with moderate carbonation.

O- I've certainly had worse beers but I won't have this one again any time soon. Thanks to my trading partner I won't have to waste money on my own 6pk.

projectflam86, Mar 17, 2012

Appearance: Foamy, flat malt liquor. Kind of soapy looking.

Smell: Skunky malt liquor. The closest thing to King Cobra I've smelled.

Taste/Mouthfeel: I would rank this lower, but I walked around the Vegas Strip with this stuff, so it had that sort of appeal. Roasted cereal grain with some vinegary qualities. Felt decently carbonated at first, but went real flat and warm quickly.

Overall Drinkability: Pretty awful, but it is a novelty. Not worth it though.

tjsdomer2, Mar 16, 2012

Jeffani, Mar 16, 2012
1.88/5  rDev -14.9%

Just bought my first pack of this. The 6.0% alcohol caught my attention on the commercials but overall this beer is pretty disappointing. Less taste than Bud Light but more alcohol... interesting. You can really taste the booze in this, it's almost like a weak mixed drink. No real beer taste tho. Disappointing.

BenWei, Mar 15, 2012