Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros

A - Very light, very clear straw. Near white, small head, some cling lace. Lots of cascading bubbles.

S - Corn mash, mostly , hidden malt and hops.

T - Like a watered down 'malt liquor'. Personally, that is an improvement.

M - Light body, good carb, balance is whatever.

D - Hot day, or a quick buzz, not a bad option for ABV and lightness.

1.5/5  rDev -32.1%

1.63/5  rDev -26.2%

What the hell were they thinking. This is one of the worst beers I have ever tasted. Fire the brewmaster and the idiots who approved this mess.I brewed an IPA and on my first shot it wasn't bad but I don't know what the hell they were trying to do with this one.

2.25/5  rDev +1.8%

1.63/5  rDev -26.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a light copperish yellow with some soapy head that fades away away quickly. The nose is fruity and smells like corn and apples. The taste is the same; grainy and sweet with corn and apple notes. The mouthfeel is very light and heavily carbonated.

It's flavor profile is incredibly light and is dominated by that apple-like off flavor. I didn't have high expectations so I won't say I'm disappointed. I'll be passing on this in the future.

4.5/5  rDev +103.6%

1.83/5  rDev -17.2%

My neighbor gave me a bottle to try, so being curious about Buds latest endeavor, I was eager to give it a try. Please dont misunderstand me, as I am a craft beer drinker tried and true, and have only liked one of Budweisers offerings, wich was there American Ale. Now that was a good one in my book, considering the source. And wouldnt you know, I no longer see the Budweiser American Ale on the shelves any longer.

So now for Bud Platinum Light. I Have to interject just a wee bit of humor here folks. In addition to being a beer lover, Im also a cat lover. Anytime I crack open a proper craft beer, my cat jumps up onto the kitchen table, to give it a smell after its been poured into a glass. Well, she must`ve been a beer lover in some past life hehe, as she always licks her chops after getting a good smell of what Im about to drink. So of course, I cracked open the Bud Platinum light, and wouldnt you know, she jumped up on the table eager to smell it. Now this was before I did myself. She smelled the beer, as she usualy does, but her face grimaced after she did. She did not lick her chops, and instead trotted away quickly ... That wasnt a good sign right there!!

A. Very pale straw as I anticipated for a light beer, tons of carbonation. The head dissipated very quicky, and zero lacing.

S. I could barely make out anything noticeable, except for maybe burnt corn.

T. After doing my darndest to distinguish, what on earth I was tasting, I finaly decided that it very much reminded me of Perrier mineral water, with lemon. It had cirtus notes, but nothing to balance out whatever Budweiser was trying to acheive.

M. Bland and watery.

O. Not the worst light beer Ive ever had, it must be because of the citrus overtones this one peresents. If I wanted to do nothing but get drunk, this would be akin to a malt liquor minus the malt. I will not purchase this beer, and am glad my neighbor gave me one to come to this conclusion.

2.28/5  rDev +3.2%

12oz twist off, blue bottle. split with my dad poured into a snifter.

extremely clear watery yellow color with a thin pure white colored head. it did keep a somewhat retentive thick white ring and showed some lace as well. i was constantly swirling the glass... a good amount of carbonation bubbles.

mineral water is mostly what i get out of the aroma. hints of sweet corn and maybe the slightest bit of rotten egg.

the taste is almost identical to regular bud light. lagery mineral water, sweet corn like grains and hints of yeast. maybe even slight hints of pickle juice? but very clean.

very light bodied with a rather watery feel. over carbonated at first, but steady swirling brings it to about the right level.

as far as light lagers go, this really isnt bad. bud light is prolly my favorite out of all the macro light lagers, but thats not saying much as its one of my least favorite styles. this is hardly any different than regular bud light, maybe the slightest bit more taste, but still not something i would ever buy and even avoid drinking if it was free. and i really dont understand the whole concept behind this beer, all i can make of it is a ploy to alcoholics.

2.1/5  rDev -5%

A: clear light gold with half finger head. Head settles quickly.

S: sweet veggie like aroma. Some grain. Smells like budlight.

T: sweet corn upfront. Then you get some more cooked veggie flavors with a sweet aftertaste. You do get a slight hint that there is a bit more alcohol.

Mf: light-medium with prickly carbonation. Leaves a creamy feel after its down.

O: pretty much what I expected. Meh.

2.18/5  rDev -1.4%

Bottle into pint glass...not sure why but I at least wanted to give this a try.

A - Pours yellow, fizzy, looks like water.

S - Smells like a grain mill, pond water, and metal.

T - Tastes like a grain mill, pond water, and metal.

M - Light body, fizzy carbonation, drinks like water.

O - Why did I do this? Oh well, at least now I know I won't have to worry about ticking this any longer. Below average light lager.

1.55/5  rDev -29.9%

A - Drank directly out of the bottle, but from what I could gather by looking at it through the blue bottle (which is pretty cool, but doesn't make the beer any better), looks like the regular, run of the mill light beer.

S - Smells like beer. A little more beery than the usual light beer, but nothing special. Can't pick up on the "high ABV" this beer claims to have at all.

T - Bud Light. That is what this tastes like. Bud Light with a little more beer in it maybe...

M - Thought I was drinking water for a few moments. Has no carbonation really, and doesn't have that beer feel most beers have.

O - It's a good idea for people who like light beer and want to get drunk, but for those of us who actually have taste buds and a functioning brain, I'd definitely avoid this beer.

3.25/5  rDev +47.1%

2.93/5  rDev +32.6%

Poured from bottle into pint glass

Appearance – Pours a light golden color with a billowy white head. The head fades fast giving just an ever so light bit of lacing.

Smell – Sweet corn aromas are big and bold. The lightest bit of citrus seems to be present as well, but is light in comparison to the sweet corn aroma.

Taste – The taste is as the nose suggests. It gives a big hit of sweet corn taste. Just as in the nose, there is the slightest bit of lemon citrus that bitters the flavor ever so slightly toward the end (still quite sweet however) and rounds out the taste.

Mouthfeel – Medium bodied with a very appropriate level of carbonation. It is also much less watery then the normal light beer.

Overall – This is actually much more flavorful then the average light beer and its mouthfeel blows the normal light beer out of the water. It still is very one dimensional however with its taste consists nearly entirely of corn. Better than the average light beer, that is for sure, but not something to pine for.

3.88/5  rDev +75.6%

Poured into glass it looks like its counter parts, but very carbonated. Smell was like Bud but with a little bit more behind the smell maybe an extra sniff of hops, it taste pretty good to me it is very smooth and easy to drink. Overall I think its one of Anheuser-Busch's coolest creation lately I mean more alcohol than bud and less calories I mean can't go wrong there.

Bud Light Platinum from Anheuser-Busch