Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
1.3/5  rDev -41.2%

Generally, I go through and do a pretty detailed job on my beer reviews. To me, beer reviewing is as much art as science, and I take a lot of pride in my reviews. I take notes, I do my homework on the styles, I really enjoy tasting, drinking, and reviewing beer.

That beng said, I am not going to waste a lot of energy on this review. I try to avoid reviewing too many macro products, although this is not my first, but I kind of think it's a little lame. Anyway...

This beer looks a lot like any other macro when you pour it. Straw colored, very clear, no real head or lacing. It eally doesn't smell like much at all. Maybe corn or some slight grains.

It pretty much tastes like a thicker, nastier version of Bud Light. Not a huge fan of either product. Highly carbonated finish.

Overall, this beer is not good. I got this beer from a party where the buyer (not me) didn't want it (I wonder why), so I took it home. Six free beers, why not? For the price I have seen this selling for, no way. If I'm going macro, give me Busch Light, Coors, or Natty.

2.5/5  rDev +13.1%

1.06/5  rDev -52%

I picked up a 12 pack in bottles because I was curious about Bud coming out with a 6% abv AND they offered a $4.00 rebate. I thought, I'll give it try for $8.00 since it's the holidays and I like to keep a few lite fizzy beers on hand for my family. In a word...terrible. It has no smell, taste, mouthfeel, lacing or head. I can honestly say that I would never recommend this beer to anyone.

2.22/5  rDev +0.5%

12 Ounce blue bottle poured into a pint glass

Appearance: Light yellow in color with a white head that disappears really fast

Smell: It has a little bit of an odd, almost hard cider, type smell to it. Being that it is not a hard cider it seems a little strange, but it may be just an alcohol scent more then anything.

Taste: There is an initial taste that is almost alcohol type taste that fades fairly quick leaving little else. There is a little bit of a sweetness that might be described as more of a corn sweetness more then anything.

Note: As far as macro beers go, I actually do like Bud products. I am glad I tried this but it probably would not be something I would get again. If I had a choice between this and Bud Light I would take the regular Bud Light.

1.03/5  rDev -53.4%

Wow, just wow! Let's take a bad product increase the strength but make it taste worse. I think they've done that. It was fizzy, yellow and clear. Smells like....nothing. Corn, maybe? It tasted like corn and water. Mouthfeel is fizzy and highly carbonated. Overall, this is just as bad if not worse than Bud Light. Simply amazing.

3.75/5  rDev +69.7%

2.19/5  rDev -0.9%

Got this as an extra in a trade with youradhere. Thanks Jim! I think...

12oz bottle.

A- Pours a crystal clear light golden color with a sudsy white foam that fizzles away to a ring.

S- There is almost zero aroma to this beer. I think I can pick out a faint grain smell with some seltzer water. Not much else going on.

T- Mostly sweetness in the taste with a touch of rice and cereal grain. Enough alcohol in the finish to notice.

M- Light bodied with moderate carbonation.

O- I've certainly had worse beers but I won't have this one again any time soon. Thanks to my trading partner I won't have to waste money on my own 6pk.

1.98/5  rDev -10.4%

Appearance: Foamy, flat malt liquor. Kind of soapy looking.

Smell: Skunky malt liquor. The closest thing to King Cobra I've smelled.

Taste/Mouthfeel: I would rank this lower, but I walked around the Vegas Strip with this stuff, so it had that sort of appeal. Roasted cereal grain with some vinegary qualities. Felt decently carbonated at first, but went real flat and warm quickly.

Overall Drinkability: Pretty awful, but it is a novelty. Not worth it though.

1.92/5  rDev -13.1%

Just bought my first pack of this. The 6.0% alcohol caught my attention on the commercials but overall this beer is pretty disappointing. Less taste than Bud Light but more alcohol... interesting. You can really taste the booze in this, it's almost like a weak mixed drink. No real beer taste tho. Disappointing.

1.5/5  rDev -32.1%

2.5/5  rDev +13.1%

3.5/5  rDev +58.4%

1.45/5  rDev -34.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Bottle (2012)

Big thanks to Alucard4 for the gift!

A very light straw color. No head, even after an incredibly aggressive pour. Leaves the glass nearly clean.

Very little aroma whatsoever. Smells a bit like bread or corn but that might be my imagination. There certainly isn't much.

The taste follows the nose which means there isn't much here at all. No bitterness, very little malt, and corn. This is awful.

The mouthfeel is similar to water.

Worse than Bud Light. Better than Bud Light Chelada. There you have it.

2.45/5  rDev +10.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

A: A crystal clear pale straw color with a fizzy white head.

S: Sweet grain/rice/corn aromas with a touch of earthy hop.

T: A big sweet grainy corn/rice flavor with a tiny bit of hop in the finish.

M: soda

O: Well, it's better than plain Bud Light. It's got that going for it...which is nice.

4.75/5  rDev +114.9%