Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros

Apok23, May 14, 2014

Dicers, May 09, 2014

JuanAlberto, May 09, 2014

cherche, May 09, 2014
1.25/5  rDev -43.4%

Marshall McLuhan once famously said that "the medium is the message" with regard to television, but with this beer, it still applies. I still have the empty blue bottle from my original review as it looks very pretty when the sunlight hits it, sitting on the windowsill. Now they have seen fit to put it in a screw-top bottle-shaped CAN and I CANnot resist a new CAN! Don't believe me? It reads "Brewed and CANned by A.B., St. Louis, MO."

I got things unscrewed and began an aggro pour which netted me two fingers of fluffy, bone-white head with poor retention, fizzing out like pop. Color was a pale lemon-yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with NE-plus quality clarity. Nose still had that curious Minhas smell of chewed pink bubble gum, dry cleaning solvent and plastics factory. OMFG! Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium and the taste was super-sweet, cotton CANdy-like and extremely cloying. Finish had an unexpected dryness, as if the yeast had really gone to town, but overall, it was unpleasant and not worth another thought.

My original bottle review, dtd 06 March 2013, scores 2.5; 1; 1; 2; 1.5 follows:

My neighbor (out the back door and across a short parking lot) is a bottle shop and he occasionally has singles for sale. When that happens, I try to grab anything that I would not normally want in any other quantity, write a review and move on. This is one of those instances.

If nothing else, it came in a pretty cobalt blue bottle, so I may see if the art department at work can use it. Otherwise, what were they thinking? Blue allows more light penetration than any other color of glass. I had two fingers of bone-white fizzing head initially until it fizzed its way to wispiness. Color was a pale lemon-yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with NE-plus quality clarity, enabling me to see into the future. It looks like snow! Those of us south of US 30 are expected to get 6" to 8" or perhaps more. The nose had an odd Minhas-like chemical smell, like plastics and dry cleaning fluid. Fuh! Mouthfeel was thin and watery and the taste was reminiscent of the time I had trench mouth as a kid (thanks, summer camp creeps) and had to gargle with diluted hydrogen peroxide. Finish was bland. Rubbish! I am experiencing buyer's remorse.

woodychandler, May 08, 2014

3.5/5  rDev +58.4%

jsabo21, Apr 28, 2014
2.76/5  rDev +24.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pretty much tastes the same as regular Bud Light but with 6 ABV. Pours out straw yellow, and pretty flat. The aroma has a slight alcohol smell and that is about it. It really does not taste like much either. I will not buy it again because I would rather drink a hoppy IPA if I want a high alcohol percentage, but it definitely got the job done!

Augusta3, Apr 28, 2014

timmy2b, Apr 27, 2014
3.06/5  rDev +38.5%

I was expecting a little bit more when I first tried this beer. I enjoy bud lite to an extend and was hoping this would add a little more flavor and profile than a typical bud lite. It is a little heavier but overall I thought the taste was similar to that of bud lite, wasnt a huge fan of the Platinums.

Tylergross1, Apr 27, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +58.4%

AbbiBrown, Apr 27, 2014

atrocity, Apr 25, 2014

JOldewurtel, Apr 23, 2014

caponeduke, Apr 21, 2014
2.14/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Appearance: Light yellow color with a medium head.

Smell: Has a sour smell with some sugary scents. Very odd smell to me with a mix of random things.

Taste: Has a bitter taste but still tastes watery like a bud light. There are not a ton of very distinguishable tastes that I would consider enjoyable. I was hoping for more from anheuser-busch's more expensive beer.

Overall: Drinkable. I have grown to be a craft beer guy so in terms of macros I was not incredibly surprised that I was not crazy about it. For a light macro its ok. I wont buy it often though.

hoffhin2, Apr 21, 2014