Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros

2.5/5  rDev +13.1%

1.41/5  rDev -36.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Poured for bottle into a pint glass

A- Watered down apple juice but with a lot of bubbles and small white head

S- Almost no aroma to speak of but slight cracker and the smallest hop aroma apart from it's normal version

T- About the same as the nose like drinking fizzy water that makes you drunk, which is the point of this thing, right?

M- I guess as thin and drinkable as water can be only you'd have to stop once you fell on the floor from being too drunk, which I'm sure has happened with this beer.

O- I drank this cuz my sister who doesn't like beer bought a 6-pack, drank 4 and didn't want the other 2. Would never buy this, although it's not the worst Bud offering I've had, that goes to Bud Select. About the only thing going for this is that it comes in a cool blue bottle, yay! Welp, now I guess I'll rinse my mouth out and pop open that St. Bernardus Abt 12.

2.5/5  rDev +13.1%

3.75/5  rDev +69.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Disclaimer: I am an avid home brewer who is currently on a short hiatus due to a move (to St. Louis) so I've had to resort to buying beer.

A: I've only ever consumed it directly from a can. I would ASSUME it's like light straw based on taste (or lack of). Would also assume little to no head. I don't feel right pouring this beer.

S: Very little. A little yeast and a little grain. I don't detect hops. 0 off odors. Not great not bad.

T: Honestly I didn't think a 6% beer would have so little taste. I've been told by a brewery employee that this beer is 'nano-filtered' to remove much of the color and flavor. However, while there is a lack of flavor, there is absolutely 0 off flavors. It's really clean and refreshing.

M: Thin but highly carbonated.

O: At 137 calories for 6% this isn't much more than carbonated alcohol water. If you consider what is is though I think it's a technically excellent brew. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but something with no flavor can't taste bad. I like it since on occasion i do prefer a dry beer with a kick. Drinking it side by side with Bud Light I don't find a strong resemblance. If only they added strawberry or lime flavoring to this stuff... just kidding.

EDIT: I learned a few interesting things about this beer from a former AB employee who worked on the production floor in STL: This beer is brewed with HFCS to bump the gravity without adding flavor. Also, it is packaged with a small amount of HFCS (mere grams) to give it a subtle sweetness. Also it is filtered with diatomaceous earth, and not a 'nano' filter.

EDIT 2: The more I drink this beer the more it grows on me. It is now my go-to light beer. I'd like to see more people on here review it for its style, rather than just giving it a 2 because it's made by AB. DON'T HATE!

1.25/5  rDev -43.4%

1.25/5  rDev -43.4%

2.25/5  rDev +1.8%

BLP literally tastes like regular Bud Light with an infused metallic taste that I couldn't shake. I have no idea how some casual drinkers find this to actually be an improvement over Bud Light or Budweiser but these people seem to think that its ABV of 6% makes it superior. They're all poor excuses for beer and BLP is probably the worst of them. Luckily I tried it for free from a friend and I would recommend absolutely not wasting your hard-earned money on this garbage.

1.75/5  rDev -20.8%