Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,630 | Reviews: 323
1.4/5  rDev -36.7%

1.75/5  rDev -20.8%

2.5/5  rDev +13.1%

2.6/5  rDev +17.6%

1.13/5  rDev -48.9%

So considering I just reviewed Bud Light, I figured I might as well crack the single of Bud Light PLATINUM I have sitting in my fridge. This is the FIRST time I've ever had this beer so you're going to get the full force of whatever I have to offer. It may not be pretty. You stand warned.

Serving Style : pretty 12 oz blue glass bottle, poured into a Miller Fortune glass.

Appearance (1.5) : I love the blue bottle. I'll keep it to put in my man cave. I think the appeal is the jewel blue bottle and the higher alcohol content. I digress.

Pouring...

So, could this beer could get any paler? Crystal transparency. I could read a book through it! I've seen Chardonnay more opaque! Even lighter colored than regular Bud Light (I have a good comparison as I just poured it moments ago), and the head is about the same - minimal and recedes rapidly. Dud city.

Smell (2) : Slightly boozy, much like bud light but with a larger bouquet; granola, corn, clean swimming pool, leather... something that smells good and is reminiscent of a good time in life but I can't quite put a finger on. I'm just gonna say I like the smell better than regular Bud Light.

Taste (-1) : Whoa. Hold everything. This is like an unwanted kiss from an ugly girl. Corn lager explosion with heavy booze and a finish of artificial chemical awfulness I'm not even gonna try to describe. This is horrible. Cough syrup - I'm getting freaking cough syrup here. Faint faint fruit loops. What the hell???

Mouthfeel (1) : Oily mouthfeel with unbearably heavy carbonation. Dry rubbing alcohol on the finish. I don't think it can get much worse.

Overall (1.13) : This is like a triple distilled malt liquor that finishes like rubbing alcohol. It has flavors but they're all off. It's like I'm drinking watered down malted bleach and antiseptic mixed with cheap vodka. If you hate yourself you'll drink this beer. This is honestly the worst, most horrible beer I've ever laid lips to. This is liquid feces from the depths of hell. My natural, uncensored reaction to this is "holy s**t this is bad". Who approved this out of the brewery? Furthermore, who are the sick people that buy this stuff? I'm going to flag down and warn anybody who tries to buy this beer from our gas station. I think I'll go pour this out now...

1.84/5  rDev -16.7%

1.84/5  rDev -16.7%

1.5/5  rDev -32.1%

1.5/5  rDev -32.1%

1.3/5  rDev -41.2%

1.76/5  rDev -20.4%

3.5/5  rDev +58.4%

Good, smooth taste that gets you where you want to be. Like drinking Budweiser with a little extra kick.

1.25/5  rDev -43.4%

3.25/5  rDev +47.1%

2.25/5  rDev +1.8%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Bud Light Platinum from Anheuser-Busch