Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

Bud Light PlatinumBud Light Platinum

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
Reviews: 314 | Hads: 1,725

Poured this "beer" from is blue bottle into my Sam Adam's perfect pint glass. Bought it because I had to try this platinum beer, the guy at the store really tried to sell me a whole 6pack since "its really good. It tastes like Bud Light with a kick, kinda boozy but good" The same guy who has watched me come in and go straight to the craft and only purchase craft.

A- Pours perfectly urine yellow with no head, no lacing. Has an odd bright, almost florescent color in the glass. Definately brighter than a normal BL. Maybe the extra corn syrup.

S- Smells like stale swill that is a day old in a bar mat, with some cheap Popov vodka spilled over too. Is there even hops in there?

T- Tastes like a Bud Light that was frozen then thawed out, poured into a glass and served ice cold(just like left over beers in college that were hidden in your trunk in the winter)

O- Wow. Thiis is exactly what you would expect if Belgium and Missouri had inbred love child with too many chromosomes. BL, you have solidly made another horrible overpriced beer that needs to "enjoyed" ice, ice cold for it to even be remotely palatable. Im glad you poured millions of dollars to shove it down peoples throats as the next great thing. Good job, Im glad you know your audience- Kanye's "Runaway" for the commercial. Great lyrics too.
Let’s have a toast for the douchebags!
Let’s have a toast for the assholes!
Let’s have a toast for the scumbags
Every one of them that I know
Let’s have a toast for the jerkoffs

Another swing and a miss. Now to decide to pour it down my throat or the sink....

3.4/5  rDev +50.4%

Finally found a cheap beer that is decent enough to border on enjoyable. Smooth on the front, slightly sweet and ever so slightly spicy on the finish. Almost as if they made a 50/50 mix of club soda and duvel. For a dollar more for a 12 pack then regular bud light, thus definitely will be my go to party session beer.

3.3/5  rDev +46%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: Light straw color white small shot lasting head.
Aroma: Non-distinct beer smell
Flavor: Very light malt taste. Smooth flavorful beer. Has medium light watery body, with a smooth carbonation.
Overall: I give this beer a B-grade based only it’s style. Not being a fan of light beer, I happened to sample one at a family cook out. To my surprise this beer has a nice flavor. With the body of carbonated water, its too light for my taste. Although it boast 6% ABV it's  not noticed in the taste, nor body.

1.68/5  rDev -25.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

While this beer is crap, at least it has more alcohol than the other mass-produced swill that the big three makes. I first had this on a trip to California and couple of buddies and I split a 12 pack and we were not disappointed.

Overall, it's crap, mass produced beer, but if you're looking for a buzz, it's better than bud heavy/light.

3.15/5  rDev +39.4%

Jeeez! you would think this stuff is brewed with toxic waste and camel piss from so many of the ultra Poor reviews here on "Beer SNOB Advocate" ...why is it that so many of you yuppie scumbag morons have to slag EVERY single American made "Macro Lager" there is? hey,I am NOT a "Light Beer" guy,and I drink ALL kinds of Beers/ales,in fact in my fridge right now I have ,"Ballast Point Sculpin & Big Eye IPA,Sierra Nevada Pale ale,Torpedo,and Celebration,Porter & stout,also have some olde English 800,colt 45,Schlitz malt liquor" OML" and a bunch of Macro Lagers too~ Bud/Coors/Pabst/Schlitz...I LOVE all kinds of beer is my point, but reading some [most] of the reviews here about "Bud Light Platinum" it makes me really hate all you "Beer Snobs" even more,so it is not a gr8 beer,but for a light American made Macro lager,it is not bad @ all,I would 4sure serve this beer @ BBQ's,with steamed shrimp/Crabs,or any sort of get together where all you want is a cold ,crisp,refreshing beer that does not weigh you down or fill you up,and as far as "Light Beers" go..I actually like this one quite a bit, STOP rating beers the WRONG way yuppie scum,rate them for their style,and do not compare them to your favorite Craft Beer that cost 20 bucks a 6er! hope all yer BMW's blow a piston~whiny clowns...

1.56/5  rDev -31%

I don't normally review beers I'm sure I won't enjoy, but since a friend already made the mistake of paying money for this stuff, I gave it a whirl.

Pale clear yellow, like yellowish water. The only thing I smell is yeast, smells like the trub you leave behind in your brewing pail.

I'd love to say that it tastes nasty, offensive or terrible, but the truth is that it really doesn't have a taste. It's like bubbly water with some corn extract flavor. I've had worse tasting beers, but at least they tasted like beer. This is nothing. Not worth the time at all.

2.03/5  rDev -10.2%

A- Pours a very clear piss yellow with a 1 finger white head that fades instantly.

S- Almost no aroma. What there is smells of corn, sweet malts, booze and skunk. Thanks stupid blue bottle.

T- Sweet corn, malt an booze. No bitterness at all and a strange sweet metallic after taste.

M- VERY thin, watery texture and body. Smooth. Too much carbonation.

O- This beer is sort of baby malt liquer poorly done. Another crap product from Anheuser-Busch. This is one that I will avoid and would choose most other beers over this one.

Glass: Dimpled Mug

1.11/5  rDev -50.9%

A good beer for emotionally distraught college girls who have never drank a good beer, but would like to spend a little extra money on a beer they think is premium but is actually the same shit as bud light.

2.64/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from the cobalt bottle into a pint glass.

A: Super clear light gold straw color. An aggressive pour yields a half finger head that dissipates to a thin ring around the glass.

S: Very sweet. Akin to a cheap Riesling. The expected adjuncts.

T: Like the nose, sweet. Almost artificially sweet. Easy drinking.

M: Thin with moderate carbonation.

O: A great beer for non-beer drinkers. Nothing in this beer is imposing except for the sweetness. Not a quality I like, but many others might. The more I drink it the more the sweetness overpowers making it a rough session beer imo. If there was a category for chick beers this one would top the list.

2.8/5  rDev +23.9%

First, I want to say that this is too expensive for what it is. And what it is, is a very confused beer.

The blue bottles are unique and get a thumbs up. I didn't pour it out of the bottle, so I can't judge the appearance.

Smell's like Bud light...bug surprise there! Corn, rice, etc prevail.

Taste is a let-down. This is supposed to be a craft light beer--whatever that is. Very sweet taste, which doesn't hide the 6.0% abv at all. Give me a King Cobra instead and I'd be much more pleased.

Mouth feel is light, so it did achieve that for the style. Lots of carbonation, almost seems artificially carbonated.

Overall, this is a light beer trying to be a malt liquor, or a malt liquor trying to be a light beer. Identity crisis? Yes! A-B should put it in tall cans and 40s and call it a day.

1.38/5  rDev -38.9%

This is an abomination.

Smells like bud light spiked with a nice single malt Scotch. Taste like it smells. Cheap and tawdry. The way they souped it up during the Superbowl, I was anticipating a serious attempt at a respectable beer. Could have been brewed in a prison toilet...

Looks great, but not a lot of taste but very drinkable and pretty much everyone will drink it. Basically a stronger version that taste almost the same as bud light but for a more stressful day.

2.02/5  rDev -10.6%

Appearance: Very clear straw yellow color, had a small head about one finger thick after pouring

Smell: Typical light lager aromas. Grainy and corny aroma with a cereal odor to it as well

Taste: Very crisp but also very plain. Has the cheapness taste that regular Bud Light has

Mouthfeel: Very light, watered down. Very thin as well, not much of a feel to really speak of.

Overall: This beer has no real flavor to speak of, with a poor feel and not a great smell this beer ranks very low for me. I would rather drink Bud Light even with the lower ABV.

1.5/5  rDev -33.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Appearance: Thin white foam dissapates quickly ou of the bottle. Leaves a few trace elements of residual foam on he surface, looks more like an oil slick than lacing. Hyper carbonated. Medium yellow, crystal clear body - looks like concentrated urine (the dehydrated type).

Smell: Slightly stronger smell (with the same profile) as Bud Light. Odor of earthy-wheaty maybe rice(y) grains with definite strong, malty overtones (like malt liquor).

Taste: Slightly, malty sweet on the front end. Tastes like a cross between the dry, acrid taste of Bud Light and Mickeys. Hrrrggh... Kinda throws me off.

Mouthfeel: Medium-light body. Slightly heavier than a regular bud with a sort of buttery smoothness.

I would say its not an improvement over Bud Light but its definitely stronger. I'll be enjoying that later tonight at Lazer Tag.

3.28/5  rDev +45.1%

Served from a 12oz blue bottle with no date, poured aggressively into a pint glass. This review is graded on a curve based on how this beer compares to others of the AAL style, and does not reflect how this beer compares to "craft" beers.

A: First off, the bottle looks nice. It's deep blue, and has a nice modern-looking, simplistic yet very cool label (even though the label is just a plastic sticker on the bottle, and not painted). The bottle itself definitely gives the appearance some points for looking pretty damned sweet.

Now for the appearance of the beer itself. Straw colored piss yellow, just like every other AAL. Finger of fake head disappears just as quickly as it's coming up, leaving zero lacing. Fake fizzy CO2 carbonation. Nothing else to see here - looks like BMC. 3.0 average look for the style + 0.5 for the cool bottle.

S: This should be interesting...

It smells like Bud Light. Brings back all the memories of my old college days a decade ago, which was probably the last time I touched a Bud Light (I later switched to Coors Light and Rolling Rock before finding real beer). Nostalgia FTW. I never thought I'd actually appreciate the Bud Light smell, but it brings back a lot of memories.

Smells like most BMC AAL beers (especially Bud Light as I said), maybe a little bit less of that metallic scent you'll find in the "MC" portion. Summed up in a word: corn.

T: This should also be interesting...

Hmm... well, I get a lot of malts here actually, which is a bit of a surprise. For 6% ABV, I was expecting booze all over the place. This actually tastes like a higher quality Bud Light. Sure you get lots of boiled corn flavor, but there are definitely some sweet malts mixed in to help balance it and it does a decent job masking the high ABV. I do get a bit of a vodka-like aftertaste (rubbing alcohol).

M: Well, not much to say here. Light body, over carbonated, feels like any other AAL, but it's going to get an above average 3.5 simply because of the 6% ABV and it's not astringent or abrasive at all. It's actually pretty smooth.

D: Very drinkable. Has a boozy aftertaste, but all-in-all it's not horrible, it goes down smooth, and it's mostly crisp and refreshing.

O: Gonna give this one a 3 because it's pretty above average for a A-B AAL, but expensive. Would I pay a premium again for another sixer? Nah. It's only good for the style and I'm not into that style anymore, so it's not for me. I can drink it, but other than the nostalgia aspect, it's not enjoyable, but there isn't much to dislike either. It's made for the masses, so there's nothing offensive or niche about it, it's just a slightly beefed up, middle of the road, Bud Light beer.

2.39/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

"Fancy" Bud Light. Bud has to come up with a gimmick to make Bud Light somehow new. It is the same old beer with a little extra added alcohol and gravity. It tastes almost like malt liquor. They even package the beer in a bright blue bottle for maximum Bud Light gimmick. It will be gone soon and they'll have come up with some other way to package bud light in a way to make it cool.

1.8/5  rDev -20.4%

Got a 6 pack of Bud Light Platinum...

Couldn't wait to try it out. I guess should be awesome. Saw some guy downing them left and right at a party. Blue bottle looked cool. 8 bucks plus tax no big deal this stuff has got to be good right...

The taste was horrible tasted worst than most cheap high gravity beers. I cannot even describe how gross the taste was. Gave one to my uncle who drinks cheap beer most of the time... He started laughing at how bad the beer was and didn't even want to finish drinking it.

The smell was below average smelled like some kind of synthetic chemicals.

The appearance was cool in the blue bottle didn't pour it into a glass so I couldn't tell you the color.

Mouthfeel was mostly average kind of seemed like drinking a gelatin liquid if you can imagine.

The taste was so cheap tasting reminded me of camo black ice but worst.

2.25/5  rDev -0.4%

A - very pale and clear beer. Almost like water. 6% labeled on a purple bottle. Carbonation was minimum. Negligible lacing.

S - a very slight/light smell of corn.

T - no hops detectable by my palate. No taste of malt either yet you knew it was a beer.

M - light body one step above water.

O - I will not order this beer again. A very pale totally neutral beer.

3.52/5  rDev +55.8%

This is a nice light beer that shouldn't be reviewed as a craft beer or expected to be something it is not. Too many biased reviews on here for this beer.

A-Pale yellow lager color. Typical for a beer of this type. Maybe a little paler than a regular Bud light.

S-Smells funky. Kind of that bitter lager smell with a little fruity note. Not offensive at all.

M-Very bubbly, the carbonation burns (which I love) and tickles the mouth. Almost champagne like.

O- I enjoyed it and I'll probably buy it again. Will I put it on my next beer list? nah, not for awhile. But I'm sure someday I'll want something light and refreshing, and it'll be this.

2.5/5  rDev +10.6%

From the bottle.
Smell: Very faint malt.
Taste: Sweet and that's it. Like drinking watered down vodka (which is basically what this is). Body: None, moderate carbonation.
Overall: Flavourless brew. Drinkable, but only because it tastes like sweet water and nothing else.

4.3/5  rDev +90.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This Bud Light creation was very good in my opinion. The taste was good and similar to regular Bud Light. The mouthfeel was very smooth and very easy to drink. The appearance and the bottle the beer came in was the best part of this beer. I believe Bud did a great job at coming up with a new beer.

1.42/5  rDev -37.2%

When pouring this beer it looked clear coming out of the bottle. I was a bit confused, not sure what to expect from here on. Glass filled, there is a bit of color, but mostly looks like water with some bud light splashed in giving a clear slight straw color. An aggressive pour yields a small head that in gone in seconds with no lacing whatsoever.

Aroma is a combination of malt and metallic notes. Thankfully it's very dull.

Taste is similar to the smell, a strong metallic taste which may be why they named it platinum. Has a strange aftertaste which is very hard to describe other than awful.

This beer is very carbonated; has me burping like crazy.

Overall this is one of the worst beers I've ever had. It's extremely hard to finish the bottle. Even the bump in ABV does not make up for it's failures.

3.2/5  rDev +41.6%

Didn't know what to expect when I was about to try this. Certainly has a unique bottle that stands out. I actually didn't mind this. They bumped it up to a 6.0% which I thought was smart. Went down alot easier than I anticipated which could be trouble for people who throw back a lot at a time. Pretty smooth bitter aftertaste. Wasn't too high on the smell but overall didn't mind it.

2.1/5  rDev -7.1%

It IS slightly less bad than regular bud light; however, the reason for BLP is not for drinking enjoyment, it is to impress random bar skanks and give the impression you're too well off and sophisticated to be drinking regular swill like the commoners. Needs to have "It'll getcha laid" below the bud light logo.

3.55/5  rDev +57.1%

Better than regular Bud Light. A little more body, and flavor. I guess the little extra alcohol content helps it. Don't let the low ratings fool you. It a pretty good drink.

Bud Light Platinum from Anheuser-Busch