Bud Light Platinum - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011)
View: Beers (76) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Platinum Alström Bros
I_BYE_MI_BEER

2.25/5  rDev +1.4%

06-11-2013 17:53:50 | More by I_BYE_MI_BEER
TheSixthRing

2.43/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.5

Appearance - Pours a crystal clear, pale gold with a white, half finger head. Sub-par retention. Traces of microbubbles left on the surface. Spotty lacing with poor stick.

Smell - Sweet, syrupy aroma. Not much else.

Taste - Some initial grain and a corn syrupy sweetness gives way to a slight alcohol burn near the end before an abrupt, clean finish. Fairly Bland.

Mouthfeel - Light in body with fair crispness. Semi-dry finish.

Overall - About what I expected, though I did think there was going to be a little more bite from the alcohol. To me, the only redeeming factor this has going for it is the incredibly beautiful cobalt blue bottle. It gives off an eye popping, trance inducing glow that's very calming. I just might hang on to it for a while. The verdict? Better than Bud Light, but nothing I'll spend my money on again.

03-24-2013 01:00:19 | More by TheSixthRing

Tennessee

12-17-2012 14:35:38 | More by grahamboudreaux
Shaw

2.68/5  rDev +20.7%

Bottle provided by my friend Brian, thanks!

Pale yellow with a white head that vanished also instantly.

Grape-like fruity aroma. Weirdly wine-like.

The flavor, strangly, is also wine-like, with notes of white grape juice. Better than most beers in this style, with more flavor. Though see my final graf for my thoughts on it being a light lager. No hop flavor at all.

At 6 percent, I'm not really sure you can call this a light lager, especially considering it has more alcohol than Budweiser. It's better than I expected.

09-19-2012 03:39:08 | More by Shaw
irishkyle21

Ontario (Canada)

1.75/5  rDev -21.2%

09-08-2013 20:44:33 | More by irishkyle21
ThreeWiseMen

I saw this during the Superbowl and recall finding it to be the most hilarious and entertaining commercial. Probably not what they intended.

Appearance: I poured this into a high class snifter; I usually reserve this for my good beers like Bourbon County Brand Stout or §ucaba. With a viscous pour I got a nice one inch thick virgin white head. The body is actually a nice looking golden hue. Looking back at the head and it's already gone. Like it was never there at all. I watch a bubble stream float it's way to the surface.

Smell: From a foot and a half away suddenly I'm not sitting in my home. I'm back in the action. My last cup still on the table with a ping pong ball in it. My partner already missed his one rebuttal. I bounce the ball on the table and look at my two opponents mocking me with various distracting poses. Shouts telling me to hurry up impede my focus. I bounce the ball again on the table and envision victory. My arm cocks back in a way that will be drilled into muscle memory for all time and I release... I take their cups from their side and raise it to my face in defeat.... that smell.... brings me back.

Taste: It's a "more flavor" bud-light. But is it a flavor you want? No. Well actually I've had worse beers. This beer taste bad in a blah way and now that there is more flavor you get that "Blah" taste even more.

Mouthfeel: I drank this beer very cold and very fast.

Overall: If I could go back in time and have the money I'd only play beer pong with this beer. It really hides the 6.0% very well.

04-21-2012 00:12:52 | More by ThreeWiseMen

Colorado

01-02-2014 16:46:24 | More by carteravebrew
Spikester

Oregon

Pours clear pale gold with one finger of white head. There are specks of lace here and there.
Smell is rather forward apple juice.
Taste is sweet apple juice that is watered down. No detectable bitterness whatsoever.
Kind of reminds me of those sweet apple juice based champagne substitutes people drink to avoid alcohol only less sweet. No hint of alcohol either.
Mouthfeel is crisp and light. Very slight drying effect in the finish.
Overall a tasty carbonated ultra light beverage. Well recommended for those who hate the taste of beer and want to get happy rather quickly. Keep this stuff away from little kids please. I think they would guzzle it down thinking it was some type of child beverage like carbonated apple juice! The can is strange too, my son says it looks like an energy drink, tall and skinny.

Serving type: can

Kentucky

08-12-2013 07:07:44 | More by crbnfbr
jimmah120

1.85/5  rDev -16.7%

I'm not going to review this like a 'real' beer. I'm not one of those people who unfairly blast beers like this, but this beer is too simple to spend much time on. If you've had bud light, you've had this. It's the same thing, but with a heavier feel and a metallic tinge (the alcohol showing up, I guess). That said, it's well done for what it is: piss-water.

If you enjoy Bud light and want to pay more, but drink less to get drunk: try this.

06-15-2012 04:54:25 | More by jimmah120
Lemke10

Wisconsin

2.3/5  rDev +3.6%

I bought a 6pk of this from Woodman's in Janesville, WI for $6.39 in early 2012.

Pours a very pale yellow color almost like it is a glass of tainted water. A slight head but it disappears quickly. Not too strong of a scent, mostly just hints of cheap earthy grains. The taste isn't too bad. It has a sweet, easy, drinkable texture. Only a slight reminisce of beer in the after taste. Definitely would take this over a Bud Light or MGD 64.

02-01-2012 05:26:16 | More by Lemke10