Rascal's Wild Red - Anheuser-Busch

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: TMoney2591 on 04-08-2012

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.1/5  rDev +34.2%

Appearance, well red, no we mean red. Like bright red, berry red. The smell is very berry, as in raspberry. Taste is very berry, we have a hard time here at Barley Road call this a beer. Mouthfeel is good with very little lingering on the tongue. Overall this is a nice cooler and a great summer drink. We here at Barley Road had a time mixing this brew with some sparkling lime water. We created the RAZ, the Barley Road girls loved this mix. Enjoy, nice alternative to beer. (476 characters)

2.7/5  rDev +16.9%

Served in a Local Option glass.

The long-awaited, highly anticipated raspberry follow-up to Wild Blue. Hoorah, amiright? It pours a murky maroon topped by a half-finger of off-white foam. From the moment the cap was twisted off a blast of raspberry filled my nose (and my room), and that's what dominates my glass. It's sweet, sugary, and berry-y. Damn, I wonder what this could be made to taste like...? Unsurprisingly, my tongue is also met by a blast of artificial raspberry (I'm leaning toward blue raspberry, actually), but with a strange off-flavor running through things at the same time. It's hard to explain, so I'm gonna put it this way: Imagine Lindemans Framboise, in all its artificially-sweetened raspberry glory, then add, say, the earthy skins of ripe raspberries that have been left out somewhere to "age". Something like that. The body is a light medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a sorta dry finish. Overall, a pretty sad beer, but one that could have probably turned out much, much worse. I frankly liked the blueberry better, and don't see the same focus in this offering. (1,108 characters)

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last