Bud Light Lime-A-Rita - Anheuser-Busch

Beer added by: BeerFMAndy on 07-06-2012

to view more.
Ratings: 612 | Reviews: 70
3.11/5  rDev +47.4%

8 oz can from the store down the street.
Lemon green color with a smallish white head that dissipates almost instantly. Puckering lime and sour mix aroma and flavor. Probably my favorite of the rita series so far. Hardly beer but kinda nailed the bubbly margarita imitation.

1.43/5  rDev -32.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Gross. Just plain gross. I regretted this the second I tasted it.

1.67/5  rDev -20.9%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

8oz can poured into a pint glass

A- pours a pale watered down yellowish-white color with no head or lacing at all, pretty much as unattractive as a beer can be

S- cheap watered down tequila and lime, soapy dishwater, salt, sugary artificial margarita mix

T- sprite with lime juice and alcohol, that's about it

M- watery mouthfeel with a light spritz carbonation leads to a foamy and watery finish

O- this isn't beer, it;s basically a wine cooler, and a bad one at that

4.06/5  rDev +92.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

This is not a beer and should not be rated or compared to other beers.

It is a Margarita flavored drink in a can.

And for what it is, it is pretty darn good.

Smells just like a Margarita.
It is light, lightly carbonated and refreshing.
The 8% ABV is well hidden.

Taste just like a Margarita but without the Tequila flavor.

Overall, it is a nice drink.
A good option to have if you do not want to deal with Tequila or Margarita mix.

1.08/5  rDev -48.8%

Just say no to this creation.

3.3/5  rDev +56.4%

Great with ice and salt on the rim

2.25/5  rDev +6.6%

This one is hard to rate, because it's more of a cocktail than a beer, but since this site is about beer here it goes. Pours a cloudy yellowish white color with absolutely no head. Smells just like a margarita, which smells awesome, but as a beer no. Tastes like lime and salt and a little bitter going down. Like I said this ones tough because I do like this "beer" a lot, but it just doesn't fit any of the qualities of a beer.

A sugary, sticky stomach ache in a can

1.21/5  rDev -42.7%

Kill it, kill it with fire.

4.25/5  rDev +101.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

It is much more better than the reviews on this site give it credit for

Smells like piss after eating asparagus, has very low abv, and tastes like vomit

1.47/5  rDev -30.3%

Miniature little 8 oz can, but I'm sure it packs a wallop. I poured it just for laughs.

Appearance (1) : No head. Just looks like pear soda. Opaque and you can't see anything through it.

Aroma (1.5) : Fermented limes at the bottom of the crisper drawer. Malty lemon-lime soda, Alka-Seltzer, and roughly like a lime Smirnoff Ice.

Taste (1.25) : Is this supposed to be for consumption? Heavy malt alcohol mixed with sour lime powder and pure cane sugar. This is by far the worst of the series.

Mouthfeel (1.75) : It's easy drinking but beyond that it's carbonated and smooth (from the malt).

Overall (1.47) : This is like someone mixed King Cobra with lime soda and sugar. Yeah, that concoction would be a hit at parties and probably get you A+ status, but in a can from a large scale brewery? What an utter fail.

3.46/5  rDev +64%

Can at 40 degrees into shaker
Aroma of lime
Head small (1.5 cm), fizzy, gone in 60 seconds, no ring or layer
No lacing
Body straw, cloudy
Flavor – sweet, lime, lime, lime; no hops, no malt, no alcohol, no diacetyl
Palate medium, syrupy, lively carbonation

Appearance 2.5, Aroma 4, Flavor 3.5, Palate 3, Overall 3.25
Not bad if you like lime but don’t expect anything resembling beer or ale.

2.64/5  rDev +25.1%

A friend bough a case of it and I was interested because I love the margarita lime in general. I was surprise on how strong this beer is. And this beer doesn t taste like beer. Let me explain. It have a lots of artificial added sugar inside this beer its crazy. This doesn t taste beer whats so ever. This product is more for people that doesn t like the taste of the beer but like sweet stuff. This beer well if I can call it that way is for a specific type of people who doesn t like the taste of the beer but love sweet stuff. For a person who are a really beer drinker who knows how a beer is, do not ever try this product. Thats the reason I put a 2,5 out of 5 because it really depend on your taste. But this website is for people who knows the taste of a beer how it smell how it looks like and even where it comes from so I can understand the negative review on it.
So after all that, would I recommend it. I will say ........ No. Its drinkable but doesn t taste beer at all.

2.66/5  rDev +26.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Margarita in a can? or an updated version of Zima...not sure which.

1.2/5  rDev -43.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

Poured from a giant 25oz can into a pint glass. God help me if I decide to finish it. I'm on a masochistic plan to try each of the 'ritas offered by Bud Light Lime. I've already got a headache from the 4oz of Straw-Ber-Rita that I just had.

Appearance: looks like limeade or lemonade. It does not, however, look like beer. I am not giving it a straight 1 because, theoretically, if a beer looked like a glass of water it could be technically worse and I want to reserve my 1 for that.

Smell: definitely limey, but limey in a way that reminds me of being sick after a Cinco de Mayo party. I am dreading the "taste" portion of this review already.

Taste: this combines artificial lime, Bud Light, and memories of cheap silver tequila. I am not kidding. I thought I might be able to drink at least a few ounces of this, but I am reevaluating this assessment.

Mouthfeel: virtually no body and very fizzy. Kind of like a soda.

Overall: this almost could not be formulated to appeal to me less.

1.47/5  rDev -30.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Poured from an 8 OZ can into a pint glass.
Aroma- Smells of artificial lime (in a gad way) and no aroma of any normal beer ingredients.
Appearance- A very odd yellow color that looks more like a soda than beer.
Taste- WOW, not good at all, in fact I can't drink all of the 8 OZ serving.
Palate- highly carbonated, finishes dry
Overall: Terrible, avoid at all costs.

2.02/5  rDev -4.3%

Best out of the bunch although I still wasn't a fan. At least with the original there are some salt and real Margarita flavors instead of just a sugar overload. The appearance was greenish yellow with a smell of lime. The taste was sugary but more authentic than the other blank-a-rita's. The mouthfeel was also better than expected and not too overly thick.

Sickly, sticky sweet, carbonated lime syrup.

Will not purchase or drink again. Do yourself a favor, go make yourself a proper margarita.

2.52/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

The beer comes in a lemonade color.

The aroma is very citrus of lemons and lime.

The flavor follows with that tart lime and lemon in the front, but then there is a pure assault of sweetness. It tastes like drinking sugar water. There's a hint of pineapple.

The beer hides its alcohol, no grain flavors, but it is way too sweet.

2.41/5  rDev +14.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Shared a tallboy with my wife, #freshbeer info 14057 (canned Feb. 26, 2014)

Straight from the can, aroma is margarita all the way and so is the flavor. They nail what they are going for but i do not get the feeling i am drinking a beer and it fails at that. Would rather have a real margarita.

2.04/5  rDev -3.3%

From the 25 fl. oz. can marked 140730-BK09. Sampled on May 15, 2014 when it was 75 and slight humid outside. Straight up with no ice (as they recommend).

Odd looking lime juice-yellow mash up with no head to speak of. Rather opaque.

Aroma is virtually all lime and lime juice with the vaguest hint of barley malt if I close my eyes and wince.

OK, I will give it an average grade for body because as far as the style goes - it is meant to be light and refreshing and that is the case.

The taste is like the aroma...lots and lots of lime. Bring on some burritos, refried beans, and rice and I'll have a feast.

2.9/5  rDev +37.4%

25 FL. OZ. can
Served in a chalice.

A - It an opaque, pale green liquid with plenty of tiny bubbles immersed in it. There is no head whatsoever.

S - It has a sour and lime aroma.

T - It tastes like an over-carbonated margarita. While I admit that I am not a margarita connoisseur, this is a similar taste experience.

M - Thin and highly carbonated.

O - I could probably do it once a year with a shot of tequila, but I will stick with shitty Mexican beer for Cinco de Mayo (and of course shots of tequila).

If I could score this lower than 1.00 I would!!!! This has got to be the worst tasting stuff I think I've drank in a long time!!!! I think I could get better results pissing in a cup after drinking the best double IPA. I'm not a big fan of commercial beers (I know it's certainly not a beer, still unsure if it should be labeled a malt liquor), I'd rather drink a cup of horse piss before I bought this again!!!! Thank the Devil that I bought 2 from Balmart for $1 each!!!! Dammit I could've used the dollar bills in the strip club!!!

1.61/5  rDev -23.7%

This would appear to be an attempt to emulate a margarita in the form of a malt beverage and it did accomplish that in appearance. The nose was sour and full of artificial lime. The taste is actually offensive with an awful sour lime juice flavor, a lemon sour and a true cry for tequila. It's very carbonated and I have no idea whether it's refreshing because I poured it out.

to view more.