Bud Light Lime-A-Rita - Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerFMAndy on 07-06-2012

2.14/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Pours a cloudy off-white with a greenish hue. Fake lime dominates the nose and flavor. The body is light and this offering is dangerously drinkable at 8% ABV.

This is very hard to rate because it is not really beer. Rather, I'd call it a malt cocktail.

Possibly the worst 'beer' I have ever had the unfortunate experience of coming across.

One of ugliest human beings of all time brings this to me. The liquid looked like it had alka seltzer in it. A hazy green and white, aspirin decanted and dumped into a solution, no head on it. Turrible. Disgusting gaped out girl is like 'you said you wanted to try it.' Funny, you say that to all the guys.

I explained I figured I'd already be hammered when I tried it, not in a recovery period from the previous weekend.

Aroma of bad tequila margarita. Smelled like it was as strong as shine. Wanted to vomit smelling it. Tasting it. Thinking of it. So much carbonation, like Bud Light. The worst.

1.96/5  rDev -16.6%

Sickly sweet, cavity inducing twanging sweetness. Wanna get messed up, drink these beers. If you are looking for flavor and goodness, seek salvation other where.

Straight out the can, didn't get a look at the color.

Smells of sour mix and lime juice. Basically tastes like a carbonated lime flavored margarita. I get lime but no salt. Sweet as hell, tons of sugar in this. No beer flavor whatsoever.

Good carbonation, thin body.

Overall there's really nothing offensive about this beer. No booze, no off flavors. Although the sweetness can be off-putting if you're not into that sort of thing. I drink this from time to time.

1.69/5  rDev -28.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Seriously awful stuff. There's a touch of lime up front, followed by the terrible flavor of Bud Light fighting for breathing room, and finished with a kiss of the world's worst tequila.

At 8%, this clearly exists only to get college students drunk fast and on the cheap. This barely qualifies as a beer, and certainly ranks near the top of the list of brews you should never put into your mouth.

3.11/5  rDev +32.3%

8 oz can from the store down the street.
Lemon green color with a smallish white head that dissipates almost instantly. Puckering lime and sour mix aroma and flavor. Probably my favorite of the rita series so far. Hardly beer but kinda nailed the bubbly margarita imitation.

1.67/5  rDev -28.9%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

8oz can poured into a pint glass

A- pours a pale watered down yellowish-white color with no head or lacing at all, pretty much as unattractive as a beer can be

S- cheap watered down tequila and lime, soapy dishwater, salt, sugary artificial margarita mix

T- sprite with lime juice and alcohol, that's about it

M- watery mouthfeel with a light spritz carbonation leads to a foamy and watery finish

O- this isn't beer, it;s basically a wine cooler, and a bad one at that

4.06/5  rDev +72.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

This is not a beer and should not be rated or compared to other beers.

It is a Margarita flavored drink in a can.

And for what it is, it is pretty darn good.

Smells just like a Margarita.
It is light, lightly carbonated and refreshing.
The 8% ABV is well hidden.

Taste just like a Margarita but without the Tequila flavor.

Overall, it is a nice drink.
A good option to have if you do not want to deal with Tequila or Margarita mix.

2.25/5  rDev -4.3%

This one is hard to rate, because it's more of a cocktail than a beer, but since this site is about beer here it goes. Pours a cloudy yellowish white color with absolutely no head. Smells just like a margarita, which smells awesome, but as a beer no. Tastes like lime and salt and a little bitter going down. Like I said this ones tough because I do like this "beer" a lot, but it just doesn't fit any of the qualities of a beer.

1.47/5  rDev -37.4%

Miniature little 8 oz can, but I'm sure it packs a wallop. I poured it just for laughs.

Appearance (1) : No head. Just looks like pear soda. Opaque and you can't see anything through it.

Aroma (1.5) : Fermented limes at the bottom of the crisper drawer. Malty lemon-lime soda, Alka-Seltzer, and roughly like a lime Smirnoff Ice.

Taste (1.25) : Is this supposed to be for consumption? Heavy malt alcohol mixed with sour lime powder and pure cane sugar. This is by far the worst of the series.

Mouthfeel (1.75) : It's easy drinking but beyond that it's carbonated and smooth (from the malt).

Overall (1.47) : This is like someone mixed King Cobra with lime soda and sugar. Yeah, that concoction would be a hit at parties and probably get you A+ status, but in a can from a large scale brewery? What an utter fail.

3.46/5  rDev +47.2%

Can at 40 degrees into shaker
Aroma of lime
Head small (1.5 cm), fizzy, gone in 60 seconds, no ring or layer
No lacing
Body straw, cloudy
Flavor – sweet, lime, lime, lime; no hops, no malt, no alcohol, no diacetyl
Palate medium, syrupy, lively carbonation

Appearance 2.5, Aroma 4, Flavor 3.5, Palate 3, Overall 3.25
Not bad if you like lime but don’t expect anything resembling beer or ale.

2.64/5  rDev +12.3%

A friend bough a case of it and I was interested because I love the margarita lime in general. I was surprise on how strong this beer is. And this beer doesn t taste like beer. Let me explain. It have a lots of artificial added sugar inside this beer its crazy. This doesn t taste beer whats so ever. This product is more for people that doesn t like the taste of the beer but like sweet stuff. This beer well if I can call it that way is for a specific type of people who doesn t like the taste of the beer but love sweet stuff. For a person who are a really beer drinker who knows how a beer is, do not ever try this product. Thats the reason I put a 2,5 out of 5 because it really depend on your taste. But this website is for people who knows the taste of a beer how it smell how it looks like and even where it comes from so I can understand the negative review on it.
So after all that, would I recommend it. I will say ........ No. Its drinkable but doesn t taste beer at all.

1.2/5  rDev -48.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

Poured from a giant 25oz can into a pint glass. God help me if I decide to finish it. I'm on a masochistic plan to try each of the 'ritas offered by Bud Light Lime. I've already got a headache from the 4oz of Straw-Ber-Rita that I just had.

Appearance: looks like limeade or lemonade. It does not, however, look like beer. I am not giving it a straight 1 because, theoretically, if a beer looked like a glass of water it could be technically worse and I want to reserve my 1 for that.

Smell: definitely limey, but limey in a way that reminds me of being sick after a Cinco de Mayo party. I am dreading the "taste" portion of this review already.

Taste: this combines artificial lime, Bud Light, and memories of cheap silver tequila. I am not kidding. I thought I might be able to drink at least a few ounces of this, but I am reevaluating this assessment.

Mouthfeel: virtually no body and very fizzy. Kind of like a soda.

Overall: this almost could not be formulated to appeal to me less.

1.47/5  rDev -37.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Poured from an 8 OZ can into a pint glass.
Aroma- Smells of artificial lime (in a gad way) and no aroma of any normal beer ingredients.
Appearance- A very odd yellow color that looks more like a soda than beer.
Taste- WOW, not good at all, in fact I can't drink all of the 8 OZ serving.
Palate- highly carbonated, finishes dry
Overall: Terrible, avoid at all costs.

2.02/5  rDev -14%

Best out of the bunch although I still wasn't a fan. At least with the original there are some salt and real Margarita flavors instead of just a sugar overload. The appearance was greenish yellow with a smell of lime. The taste was sugary but more authentic than the other blank-a-rita's. The mouthfeel was also better than expected and not too overly thick.

Sickly, sticky sweet, carbonated lime syrup.

Will not purchase or drink again. Do yourself a favor, go make yourself a proper margarita. Not this artificial whatever the hell this is.

2.52/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

The beer comes in a lemonade color.

The aroma is very citrus of lemons and lime.

The flavor follows with that tart lime and lemon in the front, but then there is a pure assault of sweetness. It tastes like drinking sugar water. There's a hint of pineapple.

The beer hides its alcohol, no grain flavors, but it is way too sweet.

2.41/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Shared a tallboy with my wife, #freshbeer info 14057 (canned Feb. 26, 2014)

Straight from the can, aroma is margarita all the way and so is the flavor. They nail what they are going for but i do not get the feeling i am drinking a beer and it fails at that. Would rather have a real margarita.

2.04/5  rDev -13.2%

From the 25 fl. oz. can marked 140730-BK09. Sampled on May 15, 2014 when it was 75 and slight humid outside. Straight up with no ice (as they recommend).

Odd looking lime juice-yellow mash up with no head to speak of. Rather opaque.

Aroma is virtually all lime and lime juice with the vaguest hint of barley malt if I close my eyes and wince.

OK, I will give it an average grade for body because as far as the style goes - it is meant to be light and refreshing and that is the case.

The taste is like the aroma...lots and lots of lime. Bring on some burritos, refried beans, and rice and I'll have a feast.

2.9/5  rDev +23.4%

25 FL. OZ. can
Served in a chalice.

A - It an opaque, pale green liquid with plenty of tiny bubbles immersed in it. There is no head whatsoever.

S - It has a sour and lime aroma.

T - It tastes like an over-carbonated margarita. While I admit that I am not a margarita connoisseur, this is a similar taste experience.

M - Thin and highly carbonated.

O - I could probably do it once a year with a shot of tequila, but I will stick with shitty Mexican beer for Cinco de Mayo (and of course shots of tequila).

If I could score this lower than 1.00 I would!!!! This has got to be the worst tasting stuff I think I've drank in a long time!!!! I think I could get better results pissing in a cup after drinking the best double IPA. I'm not a big fan of commercial beers (I know it's certainly not a beer, still unsure if it should be labeled a malt liquor), I'd rather drink a cup of horse piss before I bought this again!!!! Thank the Devil that I bought 2 from Balmart for $1 each!!!! Dammit I could've used the dollar bills in the strip club!!!

1.61/5  rDev -31.5%

This would appear to be an attempt to emulate a margarita in the form of a malt beverage and it did accomplish that in appearance. The nose was sour and full of artificial lime. The taste is actually offensive with an awful sour lime juice flavor, a lemon sour and a true cry for tequila. It's very carbonated and I have no idea whether it's refreshing because I poured it out.

2.9/5  rDev +23.4%

Sampled tonight on 3/18/14, though I had this one about 2 years ago. Last time it was a 12-ounce bottle and tonight it was a 8 ounce can. Haven't seen it in a bottle since. Can chilled down to 36 degrees in my beer cooler and poured into a pilsner flute glass.

Pours a lemonade in color with no head as well as no lacing. The aroma is pretty close to a normal margarita. The taste is close to the aroma but nothing too exciting. If I wanted a margarita, why not just have a J.C pre-mix one instead or make your own as I do, which is pretty damn good!. Overall, not real thrilled with this one, though I like their Razz-A-Rita one.

3.1/5  rDev +31.9%

A-white with a large white head that faded fast
S- like a margarita
T-like a margarita
M-light body and medium carbonation
O-if you like beer well this is not what you want. If you like margaritas this would be great. Of course you could be like me and like both, but not on this site

2.67/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Well, I wish I hadn't been hounded so much to try this. On the other hand, I'm always up for some experimentation.

It looks like Mountain Dew, or actually with more of a radioactive-looking glow to it, so possibly more like an appletini (?). What little head there is fizzes off within moments and leaves little evidence that it was there.
This is a difficult beer to review. It's supposed to have a character particular to a beverage that is not beer, so I guess I'll just take it as it goes.
Sweet lime candy with a dustiness like I get from BLL, the nose offers a sort of salty sweetness with a bit of malt as well. There's a strong ethanolic note as well. Imagine the quality of liquor you can use to make a margarita with for, say, $2-$5, and that's what's underlying here. Still, cheap margarita is margarita and, while barely and not overly pleasant, there's a hint of the barely-beer that is Bud Light.
The taste follows suit, cheap ethanolic heat with lemon candy and dusty malts. I am impressed that they got some salt in here and that it's reasonably well managed. It's not too salty/limey/etc.
The mouthfeel seems like they're still going more for beer. It's not still and smooth, it's definitely carbonated and crisp. It's light and thin, as expected, but whatever...which summarizes my overall experience.

Bud Light Lime-A-Rita from Anheuser-Busch