Shock Top End Of The World Midnight Wheat - Anheuser-Busch

Shock Top End Of The World Midnight WheatShock Top End Of The World Midnight Wheat

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Zorro on 10-12-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Shock Top End Of The World Midnight Wheat Alström Bros

josejose, Jan 27, 2013

ale207, Jan 27, 2013
3.19/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Picked up a single of this brew at my local establishment, Civera's Deli. Let's see about this. I've heard slightly positive reviews about this one. Let's see if Anheuser can surprise me.

Appearance: Pours a cloudy, dark, brown with an almost amber-like hue. Head is about an inch high, and sticks around appropriately, like a common, good beer should.

Smell: Has a nice aroma of citrus. Also noted in this is a slight hint of chocolate, but not as apparent as the appearance is. I also noticed some hints of light spices. Not too bad, but nothing that "wows" me. I guess better luck next time.

Taste: Somewhat light, a nice hint of citrus. As I got to the bottom, there was a nice taste of dark malts. The chocolate was only minor. So far, no appearance of chili or other spices as mentioned on the bottle. Nice try Anheuser, but looks like you dropped the ball on that. Just reminds me of a maltier Shock Top with a slight hint of chocolate.

Mouthfeel: Has a moderate carbonation.

Overall: To be quite frank, I wasn't expecting much out of this beer. But i guess I set my hopes a little too high to begin with when I read on the bottle the ingoing spices and all. Maybe my palate is a little off, but I didn't once taste chili. Overall, this isn't a TERRIBLE beer, but definitely just reminded me of a hybrid Shock Top. I probably won't have this beer again, mainly because it's a limited release. I guess the big breweries tried on this one, and it didn't go exactly as planned. Just took a popular, trending topic and made a beer out of it in an attempt to boost sales. I'll look elsewhere next time if they release a "Return of Jesus" beer. Cheers!

DMXLOX22, Jan 27, 2013

vicsju1991, Jan 26, 2013

Klif, Jan 26, 2013
3.44/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a promo glass acquired with the beer. Pours a dark red with a nice off white head. Smells of wheat and dark malt. Tastes of hints of caramel and a little chocolate, nothing too special, but dominated by wheat. Beer goes down real smooth and is very drinkable, light bodied. Overall, a slightly above average beer.

cyclonece09, Jan 25, 2013

mkarmilowicz, Jan 23, 2013
3.25/5  rDev +5.9%

Bierwolf, Jan 22, 2013
3.78/5  rDev +23.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

This pours a light brown color with a foamy beige head. There is a slight scent of chocolate and chili spice mixed with wheat. This is a complex, darker wheat flavor with elements of chocolate and spice as it promises. Surprisingly decent for being an AB-InBev competition product to Blue Moon’s line.

Lemke10, Jan 21, 2013

Kyrojack, Jan 20, 2013

fisherbray, Jan 20, 2013

clark25, Jan 19, 2013
3.34/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Shock Top seasonal wheat beer wasn't what I expected, wasn't as good as some of their other offerings, but it still hit the spot.

The beer poured out as a beautiful dark-honey color, very nice to my eyes. The head was thick, had staying power and with good lacing. I smelled strong scents of barley and malt with a distant hint of spice. It tasted very potent, not the sort of beer to guzzle, but to spin and take in slowly. The mouthfeel helped out with that since it rolled around my tongue thick and rich. What disappointed me was that I could only pull out the barley and malt flavors - none of the spice I smelled or cinnamon the bottle claimed.

Overall, a good beer but nothing overly spectacular.

jjamadorphd, Jan 19, 2013

tbryan5, Jan 19, 2013

EigenBeer, Jan 18, 2013

Stoshua, Jan 16, 2013
3.09/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

12oz brown bottle with no freshness date.

LOOK: Tight tiny bubbled head, murky brown hue

SMELL: Wheat bread, banana taffy, vague spice, mild chocolate, slightly clean, toasted grain

TASTE: Semi-crisp, smooth, wet, lighter bodied, hint of chili pepper, mild baker's chocolate, earthy, dried grass, modest hopping,

Fun concept but this whole Shock Top brand is simply reactionary to what smaller brewers have already done. Just feels like every release they are pulling their punch. Sort of a muddled mess, one and done.

Jason, Jan 16, 2013