Budweiser & Clamato Chelada Picante - Anheuser-Busch

Budweiser & Clamato Chelada PicanteBudweiser & Clamato Chelada Picante

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: mactrail on 11-16-2012)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

1.5/5  rDev -45.7%

largadeer, Nov 25, 2013
1.53/5  rDev -44.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This pours a bloody reddish orange color with a slight pink head. There is an aroma of spicy tomato juice. The taste is an eye opener as I found it disgusting. There was a bit of spice to it and that was about the best part. I don’t know who came up with idea but they should be fired! I think I could take a Yuengling and dump it into a can of tomato soup and it would still taste better than this

Lemke10, Jun 25, 2013
1.9/5  rDev -31.2%

dbrauneis, Apr 30, 2014

match1112, Sep 22, 2013
2.3/5  rDev -16.7%

If drinking a Chelada were anything like riding a roller coaster, I would have fallen off. It tasted like a Mexican seashore...too metaphorical? The junk must have barely met health and safety standards. I wasted my money on an entire case for a Puerto Rican themed night party; I want my money back and the portion of liver this swill must have eroded. My mom didn't even let me give it to my dog, who looked insulted when I offered anyway. I'm telling all my classmates to avoid purchasing this product. Viva la resistance

Johntheman, Mar 16, 2014
2.5/5  rDev -9.4%

rowbow, Jun 06, 2014
2.55/5  rDev -7.6%

Another entry from the Colorado CANQuest (TM), proving once more that I will try anything once. Call me a beer-related neo-hippie.

From the CAN: "Budweiser & Clamato Picante with salt and lime The perfect combination"; "Do not shake! Rotate gently to mix."; "Merge two incredible tastes: a refreshing Budweiser and the intensely zesty jalapeno kick of Clamato Picante. Drink it straight from the [CAN] or add your favorite ingredients to make it yours."; "Spicy Picante Flavor".

The Crack was okay, but the Glug was visually unappealing. I got a brief finger of fizzy pink head that looked like blood orange soda pop going into the glass. It was a deep pink, which is a color that I usually like, but not in a beer. Nose was among the worst ever on The CANQuest (TM) - it smelled like the underside of the pier on a hot day. Seaweed, barnacles, dead fish, CHT from nearby ships, you should get the idea. I girded myself and took a sip. Mouthfeel was spritzy and effervescent and the taste was actually much better than the nose had led me to expect. I got the fishy flavor of the Clamato and the spiciness of the pepper cut through to make it a brilliant alternative to Sunday Bloody Marys. I will also cop to having purchased a bag of Jalapeno with Cheddar Tortilla Chips as an accompaniment. It is never going to be my go-to beer, but it was nowhere near as gag-inducing as its earlier brethren. Open at your own risk. YMMV.

woodychandler, Aug 04, 2013
2.56/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Once more I face CHELADA!

Cloudy pink with a tall pinkish white colored head, looks like pink grapefruit juice.

Smells of tomato, sea and lime. That about sums it up. If you add salt you can call the scent Clam Ceviche Ale.

Starts out sweet salty tomato juice with celery salt. The taste can be called Beer Bloody Mary. Doesn't exactly taste bad, just weird. Beer and bloody marys two great taste that only a mad scientist would mix! Searching for the "Picante" part of this, there is a little heat but Spicy V8 is hotter.

Moutfeel ....moving on...

Overall not a drain poor but I prefer my Bloody Marys made out of Vodka.

Zorro, Oct 04, 2013

NonicPanic, Oct 20, 2014

Nattybrah123, Oct 29, 2014

Gagnonsux, Jul 27, 2013
3.01/5  rDev +9.1%

A - pinkish with a big, fizzy, bubbly, white head that fades quickly

S - grains and tomato soup

T - light tomato soup taste, salty, pleasing jalapeno kick in the finish

M - light to medium bodied, very crisp

This isn't something that I would go for regularly, but I this beer can serve a purpose. For anyone who likes bloody marys this is a nice twist. I could definitely see this as a hair of the dog beer. No true beer enthusiast is going to appreciate this beer, but I think it achieves what it set out to achieve.

tdm168, Jul 09, 2013
3.15/5  rDev +14.1%

Just what the world needs-- another version of a bizarre beer-like beverage from our friends at ABInBev. But looking the can over, it says "Nuevo! Picante" and sure enough, there is a Clamato® Picante. That amazing fact is boldly touted on the giant Chelada can.

It looks and feels just like the old Chelada (pink grapefruit juice), but with one vital difference. As to the tasting, the jalapeno flavor seems to mask the queasy taste of the old stuff. The heat is just right for sipping, if that's a word you can use with an InBev product. But it does convey a pleasant spiciness that outlasts the brief and clammy, salty taste. It is still weirdly sweet, but actually drinkable.

From the 24 oz can bought in Abilene, Texas.

mactrail, Nov 16, 2012
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

As a frequent michelada drinker, this is no surprise really. Just a premixed version, it’s not all that bad, but I’d rather mix my own with Dos Equis Amber or a good Helles. The worst part is the appearance, which looks like watery carbonated tomato soup, complete with undetermined chunks in suspension. It’s an opaque red with a feeble skim of foam that fades rapidly, leaving behind a film on the glass.

Aroma is salty and tomato forward. Taste is savory with salt, tomato, and vague lime flavors. The picante jalapeño addition is the only difference from standard Chelada and it’s not all that noticeable sadly. A little tingle in the back of the throat. Made a pretty good pairing with beef jerky. Snap into a slim jim, RIP Macho Man

emerge077, Apr 19, 2014