Budweiser & Clamato Chelada Picante - Anheuser-Busch

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: mactrail on 11-16-2012

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
2.5/5  rDev -10.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I love this beer. I started out drinking Budlight with Clamato, but I now prefer this one because it has a more rich flavor. I was never a beer drinker, but a friend turned me on to this. I just wish it came in smaller cans an could be bough by the case. 2.99 a can is very expensive.
We've also tried adding V8 and Vodka to it, not bad.

3.17/5  rDev +13.2%

Despite my love for the purist utopia of craft beer, I find my love for Bloody Marys tugging at me. Thus, I shamelessly admit I love Budweiser & Clamato

2.16/5  rDev -22.9%

2.75/5  rDev -1.8%

1.9/5  rDev -32.1%

3.21/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

As a frequent michelada drinker, this is no surprise really. Just a premixed version, it’s not all that bad, but I’d rather mix my own with Dos Equis Amber or a good Helles. The worst part is the appearance, which looks like watery carbonated tomato soup, complete with undetermined chunks in suspension. It’s an opaque red with a feeble skim of foam that fades rapidly, leaving behind a film on the glass.

Aroma is salty and tomato forward. Taste is savory with salt, tomato, and vague lime flavors. The picante jalapeño addition is the only difference from standard Chelada and it’s not all that noticeable sadly. A little tingle in the back of the throat. Made a pretty good pairing with beef jerky. Snap into a slim jim, RIP Macho Man

4.91/5  rDev +75.4%

I thoroughly enjoyed this drink. As a heavy bloody mary drinker, it was nice to have that bloody mary taste and appeal without being as heavy as a bloody mary, and quite frankly I'm not the happiest when drinking vodka.

It smells exactly how you would expect it to...like clamato. It tastes like a bloody mary that is thinner in texture and weight with a light beer flavor.

Will be purchasing this again!!!! But it is definitely something you have to be in the mood for. Not a "drink a 6 pack" type of drink.

2.34/5  rDev -16.4%

If drinking a Chelada were anything like riding a roller coaster, I would have fallen off. It tasted like a Mexican seashore...too metaphorical? The junk must have barely met health and safety standards. I wasted my money on an entire case for a Puerto Rican themed night party; I want my money back and the portion of liver this swill must have eroded. My mom didn't even let me give it to my dog, who looked insulted when I offered anyway. I'm telling all my classmates to avoid purchasing this product. Viva la resistance

3.9/5  rDev +39.3%

Poured into a pint glass from a 25 ounce can.

A: Deep pink grapefruit like appearance with a little less than a finger worth of fizzy, pink head which quickly dissipated leaving a film on the top of the glass consisting of tomato particles and salt presumably. Opaque; chunks float throughout this beer.

S: Lime juice. Tomato juice. Sea water. Fishiness from the clam and shellfish. A little Budweiser beer aroma at the tail end of the nose. The jalapeno adds a little spice to the smell.

T: Very surprising. An initial rush of lime, tomato, and clam (hardly any beer flavor is detectable) gives way to a subtle spicy aftertaste which lingers for a moment after the swallow. Very good mix between the ingredients. Some sweetness in the beginning as well. Like others before have said, it really does taste like a carbonated Bloody Mary.

M: Medium mouthfeel with spritzy carbonation. Heavy. Easy drinking, but filling. At 198 calories per 12 oz serving, this beer is like a meal in a can. Goes down easy. Refreshing to an extent.

O: While one certainly wouldn't want to pound these all day, it does accomplish what it is setting out to do. A refreshing summer time beer, the Picante version is a step up from the regular chelada, IMO. Give it a try, you may be surprised.

1.5/5  rDev -46.4%

4.25/5  rDev +51.8%

2.75/5  rDev -1.8%

2.53/5  rDev -9.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Once more I face CHELADA!

Cloudy pink with a tall pinkish white colored head, looks like pink grapefruit juice.

Smells of tomato, sea and lime. That about sums it up. If you add salt you can call the scent Clam Ceviche Ale.

Starts out sweet salty tomato juice with celery salt. The taste can be called Beer Bloody Mary. Doesn't exactly taste bad, just weird. Beer and bloody marys two great taste that only a mad scientist would mix! Searching for the "Picante" part of this, there is a little heat but Spicy V8 is hotter.

Moutfeel ....moving on...

Overall not a drain poor but I prefer my Bloody Marys made out of Vodka.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »