Budweiser Black Crown - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Amber / Red Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Damian74Shensky on 01-01-2013)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Budweiser Black Crown Alström Bros

JackP47, Apr 02, 2014

Eddie55, Jun 28, 2014
4.89/5  rDev +77.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Really good stuff. I am close to 60 years old; I can no longer drink any beer with live yeast in it due to an enlarged prostate. Which really blows; I love IPAs and hoppy hoppy beer. Hoppy beer makes me happy. So unless, I want to walk around with a catherer inserted; I need to drink pasteurized beer. Budweiser got this one right. It tastes good. It has a kick. And I can pee afterwards. Bravo Budweiser.

apalegreenhorse, Mar 18, 2013
4.78/5  rDev +73.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 5

I'm a longtime Bud fan and recently tried this variation. First bottle, I thought "it's OK", but by the second bottle I decided that I really like it. Not too far off in taste from original Bud. I don't think it will replace my favorite (regular Budweiser), but I much prefer Black Crown over most micro brews. Good stuff!

WhiteTrash9, Dec 30, 2013
4.75/5  rDev +72.7%

tyleeis, Feb 03, 2013
4.75/5  rDev +72.7%

Aretis, May 21, 2013
4.6/5  rDev +67.3%

After reading several reviews about this beer it became apparent to me that alot of you guys are being effected by the fact that this is a "MACRO BEER". I believe in reviewing the beer we should at the very least try to be objective. I know that being objective is impossible because a review is largely subjective but come on, drop the AB bias. They aren't glamorous. Just review the beer.

I'll start by saying that my staple beer is Budweiser. I'm not into the brand thing, it's just a familiar taste thats light and refreshing to me, as well as inexpensive. Black Crown has now taken it's place. Its delicious. Stronger flavor than standard mainstream beer but smooth for a 6% alcohol content beer. The flavor is much more noticeable if you pour it in a glass. Its amber like the package says. Not enough head after pouring I must say, same as regular bud. The taste is noteably malty and you can taste the beechwood at the end. Its crisp and clean feeling.

The most crucial point I must get across to anybody reading this is- YOU CANNOT GET A BETTER BEER FOR LESS MONEY! Delicious beer with a domestic price seals it for me. There isn't another beer in existance that has the taste like this for $11.49 a 12 pack.
.I'm not a professional beer reviewer but this beer hits the sweet spot for me and I encourage you to try it.

HankNova, Feb 08, 2013
4.59/5  rDev +66.9%

I love this beer. Take the Fortune 100 Budweiser name off of the front and they'd be drinking it in Harvard Square.

The color of the beer is awesome - very nice caramel'esque appearance. I enjoyed the nose - pleasant and certainly anything but overpowering. The taste was great. This beer isn't trying to do too much - it's solid, smooth, and well rounded. Very impressed with this effort, notwithstanding it's brethren.

bsimeone, Mar 01, 2014
4.55/5  rDev +65.5%

My rating is what I give Budweiser Black Crown and is based on the comparison between Black Crown and all of the other Budweiser Beer. This is the best Budweiser yet. I am surprised it has such low ratings. I have been drinking bud off and on for 15 years, and most of the time it tastes like piss water; but of course, after the first few regular buds, it does get better.. That aside :), this is a great beer. I was at the store and was considering other beers (micro brews) but saw Black Crown - hadn't seen it before. Got the 12 pack home, hoping it tasted a tad bit better than piss water... and it did. It tasted a lot better. Budweiser will never be known for being elegant, or taste like most micro brews, but this is the beer to get if you need something that tastes good on the first sip while keeping more money in your wallet/paypal acct /bitcoin acct/etc. :D The aftertaste, after consuming a taco and sipping on the beer isn't the greatest, but drinking this beer while eating is wonderful. I wrote this 3 beers in.

VinceJones, Dec 25, 2013

rhinonau, Oct 28, 2013

slizard55, Oct 08, 2013

HankAaron, Feb 06, 2013

Cubsfan1087, Mar 25, 2014

Brucybad, Jul 31, 2014
4.33/5  rDev +57.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

While others may have more experience judging beer quality, few share an experience level which dates back to 1964 and includes four years at the Vermont university once attended by the founder of AA. Life Magazine once stated, "You can find your way to Norwich University from anywhere in Vermont by following the trail of beer cans along the side of the road."

Black Crown was introduced to me at the Molly's House Charity Polo Event at the Port Mayaca Polo Club on the edge of Lake Okeechobee this past weekend. The bottle was not refrigerated and was served at approximately 68 degrees. Hesitant in view of the circumstances, the first taste was the smallest of sips. It conveyed a delicate, smooth texture devoid of bitterness. Passing easily from the mouth, it left a pleasant, nutty finish that was particularly refreshing.

The second taste was a full, mustache wetting swig that revealed a medium-bodied, rich and flavorful beer with a hint of sweetness. Everything after confirmed that Black Crown was created to have a broad appeal. Its profile will satisfy without standing out. One might call Black Crown an ideal ham and cheese sandwich beer, perfect accompaniment to an impromptu lunch on the deck under a bright sun. It would also serve as an excellent apres-ski beer in front of a roaring fireplace with friends.

ACasualObserver, Feb 04, 2013
4.26/5  rDev +54.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

No reason to be a beer snob about this one. It is one of the better macro brews I can think of. A good, but not complex aroma and taste. At first sip I worried a bit about the slight sweetness but that faded as I continued. I would definitely try again ... one of the better value beers I've encountered in a while.

marzenfannm, Mar 18, 2013

hydroplaner, Mar 22, 2013

Beermazter310, Apr 24, 2014

ysuwvu, Jun 18, 2014

Dapperticus, Feb 03, 2013

jsisko01, Apr 02, 2014
4.21/5  rDev +53.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Budweiser Black Crown (poured into a whiskey glass) has a thin, off-white head, little or no lacing, and a clear, golden, bubbly appearance. The aroma is very strange because it’s so fruity. Taste is the same with the odd fruitiness (although, I know it’s not a flavored beer), barley malt, rice, sweetness, and mild bitterness. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Budweiser Black Crown finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, and drinkable. Overall, this is another winner from InBev, and I really like it!

RJT

RonaldTheriot, Jan 16, 2013
4.2/5  rDev +52.7%

birdsellam, Sep 03, 2014
4.16/5  rDev +51.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Bottle poured into pint glass.

Three finger head, amber in color.

Carbonation was heavy! It almost felt like draught carbonation.

Smells of barley, smoke, and beechwood

Tastes: Barley, beechwood, and a nice malty finish!

Overall, this is a good beer. I would call it refreshing to a point, but the finish is dry.

I'd commit to a sixer.

BierStein711, Feb 02, 2013
4.04/5  rDev +46.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 4.5

As a huge fan of regular American Budweiser, I am always interested when AB comes out with a new offering. Budweiser Black Crown is not as the original, but it is a very good beer. Bought 2 six packs on Superbowl Sunday. It is definitely overpriced at $8 a six pack, but beer prices continue to go up all the time so I wasn't shocked.

This beer is very smooth and has more flavor than regular Budweiser. There is definitely a malt presence and it does develop a nice bitterness as it gets warm. I used to drink all sorts of micro brews, pale ales, wheat biers and anything else that screams beer snob. But as I get older I realize that beer is not a contest. And my stand by beer is American Budweiser.
Black Crown is not going to win over the micro crowd. And your average light beer drinker will probably not like it either. It isn't fancy and complex enough for the micro lover. And its too malty for your average light beer guy.
But this is a quality beer. It has good overall flavor. It is easily drinkable. And at 6% it will get the job done faster than normal.
I will continue to buy this beer until it inevitably becomes discontinued.

TexasRedskinFan, Feb 08, 2013