Budweiser Black Crown - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Amber / Red Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Damian74Shensky on 01-01-2013)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Budweiser Black Crown Alström Bros

4.89/5  rDev +79.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Really good stuff. I am close to 60 years old; I can no longer drink any beer with live yeast in it due to an enlarged prostate. Which really blows; I love IPAs and hoppy hoppy beer. Hoppy beer makes me happy. So unless, I want to walk around with a catherer inserted; I need to drink pasteurized beer. Budweiser got this one right. It tastes good. It has a kick. And I can pee afterwards. Bravo Budweiser.

4.78/5  rDev +75.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 5

I'm a longtime Bud fan and recently tried this variation. First bottle, I thought "it's OK", but by the second bottle I decided that I really like it. Not too far off in taste from original Bud. I don't think it will replace my favorite (regular Budweiser), but I much prefer Black Crown over most micro brews. Good stuff!

4.75/5  rDev +74%

4.75/5  rDev +74%

4.6/5  rDev +68.5%

After reading several reviews about this beer it became apparent to me that alot of you guys are being effected by the fact that this is a "MACRO BEER". I believe in reviewing the beer we should at the very least try to be objective. I know that being objective is impossible because a review is largely subjective but come on, drop the AB bias. They aren't glamorous. Just review the beer.

I'll start by saying that my staple beer is Budweiser. I'm not into the brand thing, it's just a familiar taste thats light and refreshing to me, as well as inexpensive. Black Crown has now taken it's place. Its delicious. Stronger flavor than standard mainstream beer but smooth for a 6% alcohol content beer. The flavor is much more noticeable if you pour it in a glass. Its amber like the package says. Not enough head after pouring I must say, same as regular bud. The taste is noteably malty and you can taste the beechwood at the end. Its crisp and clean feeling.

The most crucial point I must get across to anybody reading this is- YOU CANNOT GET A BETTER BEER FOR LESS MONEY! Delicious beer with a domestic price seals it for me. There isn't another beer in existance that has the taste like this for $11.49 a 12 pack.
.I'm not a professional beer reviewer but this beer hits the sweet spot for me and I encourage you to try it.

4.59/5  rDev +68.1%

I love this beer. Take the Fortune 100 Budweiser name off of the front and they'd be drinking it in Harvard Square.

The color of the beer is awesome - very nice caramel'esque appearance. I enjoyed the nose - pleasant and certainly anything but overpowering. The taste was great. This beer isn't trying to do too much - it's solid, smooth, and well rounded. Very impressed with this effort, notwithstanding it's brethren.

4.55/5  rDev +66.7%

My rating is what I give Budweiser Black Crown and is based on the comparison between Black Crown and all of the other Budweiser Beer. This is the best Budweiser yet. I am surprised it has such low ratings. I have been drinking bud off and on for 15 years, and most of the time it tastes like piss water; but of course, after the first few regular buds, it does get better.. That aside :), this is a great beer. I was at the store and was considering other beers (micro brews) but saw Black Crown - hadn't seen it before. Got the 12 pack home, hoping it tasted a tad bit better than piss water... and it did. It tasted a lot better. Budweiser will never be known for being elegant, or taste like most micro brews, but this is the beer to get if you need something that tastes good on the first sip while keeping more money in your wallet/paypal acct /bitcoin acct/etc. :D The aftertaste, after consuming a taco and sipping on the beer isn't the greatest, but drinking this beer while eating is wonderful. I wrote this 3 beers in.

4.44/5  rDev +62.6%

4.33/5  rDev +58.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

While others may have more experience judging beer quality, few share an experience level which dates back to 1964 and includes four years at the Vermont university once attended by the founder of AA. Life Magazine once stated, "You can find your way to Norwich University from anywhere in Vermont by following the trail of beer cans along the side of the road."

Black Crown was introduced to me at the Molly's House Charity Polo Event at the Port Mayaca Polo Club on the edge of Lake Okeechobee this past weekend. The bottle was not refrigerated and was served at approximately 68 degrees. Hesitant in view of the circumstances, the first taste was the smallest of sips. It conveyed a delicate, smooth texture devoid of bitterness. Passing easily from the mouth, it left a pleasant, nutty finish that was particularly refreshing.

The second taste was a full, mustache wetting swig that revealed a medium-bodied, rich and flavorful beer with a hint of sweetness. Everything after confirmed that Black Crown was created to have a broad appeal. Its profile will satisfy without standing out. One might call Black Crown an ideal ham and cheese sandwich beer, perfect accompaniment to an impromptu lunch on the deck under a bright sun. It would also serve as an excellent apres-ski beer in front of a roaring fireplace with friends.

4.3/5  rDev +57.5%

4.26/5  rDev +56%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

No reason to be a beer snob about this one. It is one of the better macro brews I can think of. A good, but not complex aroma and taste. At first sip I worried a bit about the slight sweetness but that faded as I continued. I would definitely try again ... one of the better value beers I've encountered in a while.

4.25/5  rDev +55.7%

Very good taste and pleasant aroma.

Budweiser Black Crown from Anheuser-Busch