Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat - Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.20% ABV

Availability: Spring

Beer added by: Jason on 01-10-2013

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat is a unique, hand crafted brewed hybrid of Belgian wheat beer and sweet cider, with natural Honeycrisp flavor added to produce an innovative new brew that is crisp, refreshing and flavorful. This unfiltered brew is the perfect beer to welcome the warming Spring days.
to view more.
Ratings: 755 | Reviews: 133
3.78/5  rDev +21.9%

A: Golden and clear with a white half finger head. Thin lacing.

S: Sweet Apple. Fruity.

T: Tastes like candy apples! Very refreshing and sweet. No hop bitterness.

M: Light-bodied drink with medium carbonation. Tart and slightly dry.

O: Make a great summertime drink. Light and refreshing. Sweetness is not too overpowering. I would definitely try this again.

2.38/5  rDev -23.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Can you even consider this a beer? It's apple cider with some spices. No thank you

3.8/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Taste like a candy I once remembered. I would like to have it again, fo sho.

4.34/5  rDev +40%
look: 4 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

Nice and refreshing summer beer

4.38/5  rDev +41.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Thumbs up. One of my favorites.

2.83/5  rDev -8.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

12 oz bottle poured in an English pint. It's a drinkable cider essentially.

3.66/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

I enjoy this beer, I enjoy apple flavored things in general, and this is one of my favorite beers without breaking the bank.

3.66/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

A good secondary tier beer

2.58/5  rDev -16.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.5

Tastes like those caramel apple pops I used to get in my Halloween bag.

4.54/5  rDev +46.5%

Great beer crisp and clean flavor

3.03/5  rDev -2.3%

good beer but way to sweet, maybe serve it with some sharp cheddar cheese to level things off. would drink it again, but wouldn't go out of way to purchase it again,

3.1/5  rDev 0%

I picked this up after a recent meeting at work at my in-laws. It was all the beer they had, and although I didn't really want to drink it, I did want a brew, and did not want to come across as a beer snob. So I drank it.

Appearance - Pours a hazy amber color with a small head that dissipates rapidly and leaves little lacing. No real surprise with the packaging here, standard Shock Top fare.

Smell - Smells of apples, sugar, and little else.

Taste - Very similar to the nose. Tastes like a liquefied apple mixed with beer, certainly has a strong apple punch. There certainly is very little other than the apple flavor, although it is decent.

Mouthfeel - Finishes like every other Anheuser-Busch product you've pretty much ever drank.

Overall - If you like apples, you can drink one. I wouldn't turn it down if offered so I don't come across as a snob, but I would never buy it.

Great cider definitely will buy again.

3.64/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

You can really taste the Apple upfront like a cider but then has the finish of a traditional wheat beer

1.16/5  rDev -62.6%

Just plain awful! Drain pour.

3.36/5  rDev +8.4%

Great apple smell, strong apple taste. A bit too bubbly in the mouth. Not very beer like, but ok nonetheless

2.73/5  rDev -11.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Poured into a Funky Buddha Brewery snifter. No readable freshness date.

A- Pours a hazy medium amber color with a 1/4 inch off-white head that retains a bit before becoming a thin ring around the edge of the glass and a tiny center patch of bubbly surface foam. Semi-resilient lacing leaves a broken ring behind.

S- Jolly Rancher apple aroma with a bit of stale beer booze aroma on the backend that's not complementary.

T- The Jolly Rancher flavor continues and there's a macro adjunct beer flavor that accompanies it. Not good. Way too sweet and I don't detect any wheat.

M- Well, at least the "crisp" part of the name lives up to the feel. Medium carbonation and a light body.

O- This barely qualifies as beer. This is clearly marketed toward the college crowd looking for something sugary sweet to sip on that'll get them drunk. What sucks is I can't even cook with the remainder of the beer in my glass I don't want to drink because I can't think of any recipe that would call for candy apple flavored beer.

2.4/5  rDev -22.6%

Found this in my fridge from a party back in may (eek). This tastes just like a jolly rancher candy. While I do love sweet girly beers this one is just not my thing. Will not be trying this again

4.46/5  rDev +43.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

This apple crips has a wonderful flavor. Can be drank year round. Awesome sitting next to a fire. Can be drank with meals or as an after dinner desert beverage.

1.96/5  rDev -36.8%

Honestly, this beer just isn't for me, maybe it'd appeal more to someone else's palate but it just smelled sour and fermented(yes, I understand all beer is fermented), and tasted rank not quite sweet like a hard cider and not quite like a wheat beer, the concept just didn't work for me and my palate but hey maybe it'll work for yours.

3.77/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Not as carbonated as a cider. Slightly sour taste. Overall pretty good.

4.04/5  rDev +30.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Very refreshing. The crispness of the Apple is very present.

2.9/5  rDev -6.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

This is a sweet enjoyable after dinner drink that a non serious beer drinker will find non offensive. It is apple wheat beer mixed with apple cider. It has a good taste that is true to the name. I found it to be a good easy drinker. While this is a good average beer do not compare it to a cider. I am a huge hard cider fan and this tastes nothing like Woodchuck Cider or another reputable hard cider product. Bottom line is that is just a sweet easy drinking average beer that is great for a group of non beer drinkers.

1.5/5  rDev -51.6%

I'm sitting with someone who is drinking one, so I figured I'd take a sip and do a little review.

This isn't worth pouring into a glass, just drink it from the bottle. The nose is that of apple cider, that's it. Apples apples apples. The taste is the same, apples. That's about it. Sickening sweet. There is no way I could finish a whole bottle, I'm sick of it after three sips.

Bottom line, if you like cider, maybe you'll find it decent enough, but really......just no.

Tastes a lot like woodchuck apple cider! Great for 18 year old girls! Too sweet for me!

to view more.