Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat - Anheuser-Busch

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple WheatShock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.20% ABV

Availability: Spring

Beer added by: Jason on 01-10-2013

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat is a unique, hand crafted brewed hybrid of Belgian wheat beer and sweet cider, with natural Honeycrisp flavor added to produce an innovative new brew that is crisp, refreshing and flavorful. This unfiltered brew is the perfect beer to welcome the warming Spring days.
3.34/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Bottled 3/13/13.

Pours a murky light orange with a foamy bone colored head that settles to wisps of film on top of the beer. Small streaks and dots of lace form around the glass on the drink down. Smell is mainly of apple cider and green apples with maybe a hint of grains. Taste is much the same with more of the grain and some spice flavors on the finish. There is a mild amount of spice bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is an above average "beer" that is much more like a cider or an alcopop than beer.

3.2/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

A: The beer is slightly hazy yellow in color and has a light amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a finger high off white head that died down, leaving a bit of lacing on the surface and a collar around the edge of the glass.
S: Moderate aromas of apple Jolly Rancher candy are present in the nose.
T: Much like the smell, the taste has flavors similar to an apple Jolly Rancher, except that there is a bit of wheat flavors.
M: It feels a bit more than light-bodied on the palate and has a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer is easy to drink but tastes more like a candy than a Belgian-inspired wheat beer.

3.5/5  rDev +10.4%

I had this on tap at the brewery in st Louis, and it actually is really fantastic. it has a nice golden glow and some mild haze beneath a good sized white head. the nose is fresh apples, half way between juice and cider, its really nice because its all fruit and no spice, just right. the taste is the same, overpoweringly fresh apples, true to its name. there is little here to remind me that this is beer, but I think that's the purpose of shock top, is it not? its not too sweet either, but rather a little tart like the honeycrisp itself. maybe a touch of wheat malt in here, but its simple and subtle. the finish is long and fruity, a really nice twist from the normal shock top. carbonated like soda pop, I think this does exactly what it sets out to do. I don't need more than one, but I like what they have going on here. im sure in a bottle that's been around awhile this is pretty bad, but I can absolutely vouch for the brewery fresh edition, it really is pretty darn good.

edit: not so good from the bottle. while the apples are still really fresh and snappy and authentic, the sugar is just way too much. one bottle is doable, but a night on these is an awful idea resulting in diabetic hangover and tooth decay. one is the right dose, any more is too much. i wish this was dryer, way better at the source, but still genuine fruit flavor.

3.08/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

A - Poured out a clear, golden color with a small, fizzy white head of foam. It left little to no lacing on the glass.

S - It smelled cider-like. Apples, just apples.

T - Tasted like apple cider. I didn't get any wheat. If I didn't see myself pour it, I would've thought it was a Woodchuck. It didn't taste bad, though.

M - Crisp, sharp and smooth. Bud knows how to do that. Light bodied.

O - It's a fine cider but not at all a witbier. Maybe a fruit beer.

2.7/5  rDev -14.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

A - Pours with one and a half fingers of white foam on top of a hazy, golden body. The head settles fairly quickly and leaves decent lace.

S - Green jolly ranchers with a bit of herbal hops and malt in the background.

T - It tastes much like it smells with green apple up front, and sweet malt in the middle. Finishes with a touch of herbal character and more green apple.

M - A fairly thick body, moderate carbonation, and a sweet finish.

D - Not surprisingly the green apple dominates and there really isn't much else going on.

3.23/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Served in a Lagunitas mason jar.

Can't wait for the Macintosh and Granny Smith spinoffs. Anyway, this stuff pours a hazy brass-straw topped by a finger of relatively short-lived lightly off-white foam. The nose comprises red apple flesh, lightly-funky wheat, and a very light whiff of what may or may not be a mixture of vanilla and cinnamon (reminds me of my favorite air freshener...). The taste brings in more of the same, along with a vein of mild orange zest. The wheat's funk increases near the finish. The body is a light medium, with a moderate carbonation and a sorta/kinda drying finish. Overall, kinda surprisingly not that bad, though I can see how the apple flavor can be a bit much for some people. Though I didn't totally like or dislike this stuff, I will say I found it enjoyable enough where I wouldn't necessarily turn down a free follow-up bottle.

3.7/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat

I walked into my local beer distributor the other day and smelled apples. Lo and behold, there on tap was Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat. I poured myself a glass and had a look. It looked like fresh cider. Not much head. And it smelled like apples, even more so than fresh cider. It was sweet and it tasted like apples, albeit fake apples. I didn't find much wheat, and I didn't find much spice (some light cinnamon, and maybe some vanilla). In fact, I didn't find it much like beer at all. Still it was interesting and I knew my wife would like it. And since I was headed to an outdoor party I considered it quite seriously. In the end I passed it by, but I will consider it in the future. I could see it as an interesting beer to have on-hand at Thanksgiving.

3.08/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 2 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Pours a hazed gold/bronze with a pinky of beige head. No head retention or lacing

S: Jolly rancer apple scents & a touch of capri sun

T: Sweet crisp apples, a touch wheat maltyness lurks in the background up front. Jolly rancher candy notes as this warms. Finishes swwet & crisp

MF: Light bodied, crisp, a bit sticky

Drinks fairly easy, but a bit too sweet/fake for my liking. This would do me fine in the summer in a pinch. but only for one or 2 at the most. Certainly not a wit

3.87/5  rDev +22.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

The clouded golden hue with rocky white textured head makes this beer then comes a rush of Honey Crisp Apples at the grocer in town they cost 3.69 a lb what a deal that the sixer is only 8 bucks or so. A beautiful mix of apple cider and chalky white Belgian style yeast, I think I'm in love. It's that good smells of fresh apple skins with the charming characters that we all want in a beer which I found would be refreshment. Flavor comes correct with apple skins and a fresh juicy honeycrisp note...slight hints of cinnamon laying flat with brown sugared apples this beer tastes great. Not many Shock Tops make me turn my head this is one with a drying apple cider effect that I have been enjoying since I found it's magic.

3.67/5  rDev +15.8%

Pours hazed yellow with a think head. Some lacing sticks.

The smell is of candied apple, honey and wheat. Smells as it should, and pretty powerfully.

The taste is of sweet and sour notes - honey and apple with a clean finish.

It is crisp with a fuller side of light bodied. Not watery or fizzy.

This is a nice, crisp, easy-drinking, appley, honey-ish brew.

3.17/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A: Pours a very lightly hazy pale golden yellow in color with moderate amounts of active visible carbonation rising from the bottom of the glass and some faint straw yellow highlights. The beer has a finger tall fizzy white head that reduces fairly quickly to a small to medium sized patch of very thin film and a very thin ring at the edges of the glass. Very light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Moderate aromas of really sweet cider (similar to original Woodchuck if memory serves me correctly - though it has been like a decade since I've had it) with a faint hint of wheat.

T: Upfront there is a really sweet flavor of cider (akin to a Woodchuck original) that is followed by very light flavors of wheat. There is also a lingering flavor of slightly pasty Belgian yeast. Minimal amounts of sweetness or bitterness in the finish.

M: Slightly heavier than light bodied with moderate amounts of carbonation.

O: Easy enough to drink with well hidden alcohol but there is something about the combination of flavors that just does not quite mixed correctly in my opinion - shockingly sweet cider with a slightly pasty Belgian yeast + wheat flavor.

3.26/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

A - very bright, cloudy yellow with a short-lived, fizzy, white head

S - like a sour apple jolly rancher

T - sour apple up front followed by over-ripe red apple and apple skin

M - light to medium bodied, crisp, over carbonated

Well, this is definitely an apple ale. There's no doubt about it. Unfortunately, I'm not getting any of the spices mentioned on the label. This definitely isn't for me, but it does achieve what it sets out to do. This is a light, refreshing offering that will satisfy your typical fruit-beer drinker or cider drinker.

3.3/5  rDev +4.1%

My heart goes pitty-pat when I see new CANs to further The CANQuest (TM) and I was kind of excited to see CANs of this during my Saturday day trip to Brooklyn and Manhattan. I am like a neo-hippie for CANs in that I will try anything once!

From the CAN: "Belgian-style wheat ale brewed with cider and spices with natural Honeycrisp apple flavor and other natural flavor." Well, they have not changed their tune much in nine months, but no longer is agitation required.

The Crack was not as loud as with some CANs, but neither was it brimful, which may be a CANtributor. An inverted Glug produced two fingers of dense, tawny head with good retention. Color was a downright cloudy orangish-amber (SRM = 7) and no agitation had been necessary. The nose was rich with sweet apples and I have to agree with a previous reviewer that it seemed to have a LOT in common with cider. The mouthfeel was very thin with only a mild effervescence being discernible. I was reminded of the hard cider that my maternal grandparents would produce with freshly pressed apples from their upper lot. I was also curious about the spices since they too were indiscernible. Perhaps I drank one too many Pumpkin Ales this year, but I was not getting much in the way of spice from this. Finish was sweet, downright sweet and really more than I wanted. I am going to second this as a potential alternative to a hard cider, but with so many hard ciders hitting the market now, I would have to wonder why bother?

My original, bottle review, dtd 03-05-2013 follows:

Once more, my neighbors had an oddball sixer on the shelf and I decided to split it between my uncle and a colleague. I will try anything once.

From the bottle: "Belgian-style wheat ale brewed with cider and spices with natural Honeycrisp apple flavor and other natural flavor."; "To serve, pour down the side of the glass until 1/2 inch is left in the bottle. Swirl the remaining brew and pour to produce a rich, thick collar of foam. Enjoy!"

As a previous reviewer noted, despite heavy agitation and an aggro pour, I still only developed a pinky finger of eggshell-white head. Color was a cloudy orangish-yellow. Nose smelled of apple cider, so points for truth in advertising. Mouthfeel was medium-to-full and it had a very apple cider flavor in the mouth. The spices lent it an apple pie quality, and it was actually pretty good. Finish was semi-sweet with the spices keeping it from being an outright sugar bomb. This one and the other of my share will be just about the right amount for this hophead. It was a novelty and I do not regret my purchase, but two is enough.

2.99/5  rDev -5.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

LOOK: Brown bottle, cap removed.

SMELL: Apple cider. Green apples. The aroma is very sweet, a bit tart and artificial.

TASTE: Tart apples, with a sour apple candy taste. There are pronounced wheat ale flavors with notes of citrus. This brew is super tangy, with a hit of breadiness on the tongue that gives it an apple pie flavor. Does kind of taste like an apple crisp.

FEEL: Medium bodied. Sticky, sweet, sour and artificial notes hold on to the taste buds.

OVERALL: Average beer, a lot like commercial sours brewed in Belgium. Not intentional here, but I'll take what I can get.

3.59/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Near two inch white head on a dull cloudy golden colored body. Head stick around for a few minutes. Cap and collar throughout.

Smells like straight fresh apples. Uncanny.

Taste follows the aroma to a "T". Fresh tart apples followed by a near overpowering sweetness. Some lemon tang is noticeable. No alcohol presence.

Medium carbonation. Medium low mouthfeel. Funny because I expected this one to be high carbonation for some reason.

I like what ABInBev was thinking here although this is a beer that I won't be able to finish this bottle. I can see casual craft fans getting their toes wet here but the sweetness is too much for me.

3.86/5  rDev +21.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Thanks to the canquest creator woodychandler for tis beer. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle. Yes, that's correct, bottle. Even Woody gets a surplus of those sometimes. Has a cloudy golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is strong of apple cider. Taste has plenty of apples, slightly tart, not much else but tasty and very drinkable. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall I did enjoy this beer.

4.06/5  rDev +28.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

12 oz twist-off bottle poured into a Sierra Nevada imperial pint
5.2% ABV, numbers on neck label.

A - Cloudy and warm-hued golden straw yellow, this beer pours with a moderately lasting tight white head that modestly disappears leaving little lace behind.

S - Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat has an intoxicating, explosive aroma of honey crisp apples, my favorite variety. It's initially strong and cider-like with no real sense of being artificial, but as the head dissipates, more beer comes through, dulling the big apple nose down considerably while adding a dry, husky straw and wet wheat nose. I don't mind it being more "beer" like (after all, this is a beer, not cider) it's just lacking in quality. Notes of cinnamon and nutmeg spice emerge as well, but it had become much less captivating. In the end, it's quite impressive, the way this beer captures the juicy apple nose.

T - The first gulp is quite impressive, really delivering a lot of honey crisp apple flavor directly to the dome but, with each passing sip some sweetness sets in, subtly suggesting a layer of artificial additives before the apple is matched in potency by the beer itself. Husky pale malt and wet wheat rise up for a flavor that's almost a direct reflection of the aroma.

M - Strong carbonation produces near instant belches as the light, bubbly beer quickly disappears from the glass. Crisp, this cider-like beer balances some sweetness with a dry finish that begs for another sip, or gulp, almost instantly.

O - I might be alone on this one, but I really dig this Shock Top. It's got a ton of real honey crisp apple flavor (once again, my favorite variety of apple by far) with nice little spice notes and a crisp, clean finish. It's almost cider-like but has enough malt and wheat character to keep it grounded as a beer, though not a witbier. It's probably the fastest I've finished my review bottle and I'm (surprisingly) sad I don't have any more. If this is around in the summer time, it would just kill it.

3.44/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Aggressive pour yields a murky medium golden color with a dense 2 inch ivory head that lingers indefinitely.

Huge apple aroma erupts from the bottle. Cinnamon and wheat add intrigue.

Flavor reveals heavy apple character, almost candy-like, sweet and tart, with an underlying lightly sweet malt and wheat backbone. Cinnamon and nutmeg turn this beer into apple pie.

Body is a touch light, with moderate carbonation.

Overall, reminds me of a cider, with less tartness. Spices are reminiscent of winter brews, but not as bold.

3.29/5  rDev +3.8%

Pours a pale, golden-straw color, hazy and nearly fully opaque in the center, very pale straw and a little more translucent at the edges. Fizzling, wispy white head disappears within 20 seconds to nothing more than a skinny ring. Aroma is that of tart, sour green apples, sweet apples, apple candy, and sugar. Almost smells a bit like a hard cider. Very little wheat to be detected, and anything else for that matter, besides the apple. The taste is not as packed with apple as I was expecting from the intense nose... it's actually a bit watery and lacking. Faint, crisp apple skins graze the palate in a sparkling-apple-juice kind of way. The middle to after taste really brings out the wheat a bit more, as well as some fine grains. Mild tartness kicks the inside of your mouth more a second, but nothing too puckering. Despite the somewhat tart aroma and flavor, the beer doesn't taste or seem too overly sweet or sugary. It actually has a nice, crispy, somewhat dry finish. Aftertaste of weak wheatiness and some left over apple skins. I burped and it tasted like Apple Jacks cereal... how about that? Highly carbonated, as most Shock Top beers seem to be, making the beer seemingly evaporate as it enters your mouth.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed this one much more than I thought I would. Perhaps my expectations were set too low to begin with. It lacks a big flavor punch, but it's still pretty taste and it's not cloyingly sweet or menacing. I could actually see this working better in the summer time, not sure why it was released in January.

3.23/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

This beer looks from the get-go like cider, clear dark yellow, though it does produce something of a head. It's not large or long-lasting, but it keeps up a wisp that leaves very, very little lacing on the glass.
Apples are forward, and there is a little wheat to it underneath. There's just a light touch of spicing, cinnamon expressly. The apple is, while a bit sweet, more focused on tart, so there's no question this beer is advertised. Malts bring a slightly musty hint of earth. Green apple skin as well as flesh are strong. Underneath, there's just barely a hint of some hops bitterness evening it out and doing what it can to make it known it's not just "alcopop."
The feel is about right for this beer. It's light, it's crisp and it feels as much like a hard cider as it smells and tastes. It has a nice, crisp bite without being too terribly spritzy, though it starts off leaning that way. A little slickness comes through in the middle but fortunately cuts out.

3.49/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured from bottle into pint glass

Appearance – Pours a hazy golden-yellow colored brew with big billowy white head. The head fades very fast to leave only a very light level of lacing.

Smell – Wow… the aroma on this one is huge. You can smell it as soon as you open the bottle. It is massive of a tart green apple aroma mixed with some candy sweet smells. With these sweet aromas is a very light wheat and yeast smell as well. It smells very much like a sour apple jolly rancher candy.

Taste – The taste starts out with a big sweet hard cider flavor mixed with some wheat flavors. As the taste advances the wheat flavors dwindle while a yeast taste comes to the tongue. While the sweet hard cider flavor remains throughout the taste it takes on more notes of a sour nature more toward the end of the taste. This more green apple like hard cider taste takes the taste to its end where it meets with some candy sugar sweetness to leave a sweet and sour (mainly sweet) apple flavor on the tongue.

Mouthfeel – The body of the beer is rather thin in terms of its creaminess with a carbonation level that is average to just above average. The thinner body and medium to higher carbonation are very appropriate for the hard cider like characteristics of this brew.

Overall- This is more cider like in nature then beer like. It is sweet and apple heavy in flavor with light hints of wheat and yeast. If you are looking for something cider like then this is not a bad go to.

2.73/5  rDev -13.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Poured into a Funky Buddha Brewery snifter. No readable freshness date.

A- Pours a hazy medium amber color with a 1/4 inch off-white head that retains a bit before becoming a thin ring around the edge of the glass and a tiny center patch of bubbly surface foam. Semi-resilient lacing leaves a broken ring behind.

S- Jolly Rancher apple aroma with a bit of stale beer booze aroma on the backend that's not complementary.

T- The Jolly Rancher flavor continues and there's a macro adjunct beer flavor that accompanies it. Not good. Way too sweet and I don't detect any wheat.

M- Well, at least the "crisp" part of the name lives up to the feel. Medium carbonation and a light body.

O- This barely qualifies as beer. This is clearly marketed toward the college crowd looking for something sugary sweet to sip on that'll get them drunk. What sucks is I can't even cook with the remainder of the beer in my glass I don't want to drink because I can't think of any recipe that would call for candy apple flavored beer.

3.24/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

I picked up a bottle of Shock Top's Honeycrisp Apple Wheat last week for $1.00 at Kroger's. I was picking up some grocerys and I saw this sitting in the dollar bin so I thought it might be a worth a try, I don't have the highest expectations for this beer, but lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date, I think this was left over from fall 2012. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into an imperial pint glass.

A- The label looks like the typical Shock Top labels with some apples thrown in to go with the name. It poured a hazy light golden yellow color that took on more of a darker golden color when held to the light with three fingers worth of white head that quickly died down to a thin ring that eventually faded away and it didn't leave any lacing behind. This was an average looking beer, the color was nice, but the head and lacing were disappointing.

S- The aroma starts off with a higher amount of sweetness and loads of apple aromas, there's some tart green apples mixed in with some apple cider aromas and it makes for an aroma that smells a little artificial and it reminds me of those green apple jolly ranchers. Up next comes the cinnamon which is noticeable but not overpowering and it goes good with the apple aromas. I also get a light wheat and grainy aroma on the finish. The aroma wasn't bad, but it was a little too heavy on the green apples and it had an artificial green apple candy aroma to it that got old fast.

T- The taste seems to be like a lighter version of the aroma and it starts off with a higher amount of medium sweetness followed by a good amount of apples that has some tart green apple flavors to it but the apple cider seems to be the most dominant flavor. After that comes the wheat that imparts a watery wheat and slightly stale malt flavors that remind that this is still a beer. It had no bitterness at all just a lighter amount of tartness instead and an apple cider and slightly wheaty aftertaste. This beer tasted ok, it was true to to the name, but the wheat base didn't stand out that well and the apples were slightly artificial and a little too overpowering.

M- Fairly smooth, slightly cloying, lightly tart, on the thick side of being medium bodied, with a good amount of slightly higher medium carbonation that was a little prickly. The mouthfeel was nice and the extra carbonation that was a little prickly worked well with this beer.

Overall I was pretty indifferent about this beer. i didn't love it, but it wasn't horrible, I think it's a pretty average example of the style, I wish the wheat base stuck out a little more and was cleaner and the apples could be toned down a little. This beer didn't have the best drinkability, it went down fairly smooth, but it was a little too sweet for me and the flavors didn't hold my attention for long at all, one is enough for me before it's time to move on to something else. What I liked the most about this beer was the mouthfeel, it was nice and I liked the extra carbonation, it worked well with this beer. What I liked the least about this beer was that the wheat base wasn't better and stuck out more, it was more of an artificial apple bomb than a wheat beer. I wouldn't buy this beer again, it's cheap, but it really isn't anything I enjoyed and I might recommend it to Shock Top lovers, but that's it. All i all I wasn't a big fan of this beer, it wasn't horrible but it didn't have enough quality's to convince me this was a decent Wheat beer. I like that Shock Top is trying new things, but this one didn't work out. better luck next time.

2.58/5  rDev -18.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

12 oz bottle says 5.2%. Poured into a Samuel Smith pint glass.

A: Pours a hazy golden color. The head is a quick-fading two finger white shade. Not the most aesthetically pleasing brew.

S: Is this beer, or is it cider? There are strong apple tones throughout, along with a bit of tartness and some diacetyl. Jolly Ranchers come instantly to mind here. The minor beer qualities here aren't too hot.

T: This may well be cider, with its big sweetness and apple flavors, but there's also some finishing diacetyl that I could do without. The malty finish tries to balance some of the cider sweetness...only it turns it into beery sweetness that's a bit more unpleasant. None of the advertised spices come through well.

M: Thick and sweet, as expected. Lots of carbonation, too. The problem here is that it's so damn sweet that it kills drinkability - and it can't get away with it the way a pure commercial cider like Angry Orchard can.

O: I totally get this point of this product, combining a sweet apple cider with a generic witbier - the problem is it tries to be everything to everyone, and as a result, doesn't do either the cider or the beer aspect well enough to appeal to discerning craft beer/cider drinkers (plus the whole "it's made by AB-InBev" thing). Not bad for a malternative, though.

3.13/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pours a very hazy lemonade color with a dish soap-like collar of head. The head didn't stay though. I forgot to do the swirl. No lacing.

Smells like apple juice, wheat, cinnamon, pickled fruits, and Jolly Ranchers. Definitely very sweet nose. Some artificialness. Not half-bad, though.

Cider, stewed apple, cinnamon stick, tangy wheat/yeast combo, hint of juicy pear, some buried-beneath-the-sugar malts, a notch above 'no hops'. Just wicked sweet. Syrupy, too. Just overwhelmingly apple cinnamon. Finishes with a short-lived astringency, like a solvent. After that flashes, just more residual sweetness.

Sticky. Thick body for the style, loaded up with all that sugar. Carbonation is soft. Not sure what this would need to improve on feel, other than less sugars. So-so drinkability.

Not really a witbier. I'd probably rate this respectably as an American Pale Wheat Ale. The girlfriend loves it, but this just isn't for me.

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat from Anheuser-Busch